You've been messin' where you shouldn't have been a messin'
And now someone else is gettin' all your best

These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you

You keep lying, Georgie, when you oughta be truthin'
And you keep losin' when you oughta not bet
You keep samin' when you oughta be changin'
Now what's right is right, but you ain't been right yet

Love that video, so does my girlfriend. Good one, Jasmine. Who knew that Nancy Sinatra was a participant in the Montauk Project: stealth technology and multi-dimensional time travel? Talk about a song being ahead of its time, as Nancy and the Go-Go goils channeled C2C and Noory from way back in '66. There's also definitely a Nikola Tesla influence in the video.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: valdez on January 24, 2012, 05:15:05 AM
      Good ol' John Hogue disguising his psychotic liberal rants as genuine astrological Nostradamus type prophesies.

Thank you.  I'm glad to know I wasn't the only who felt that way.  Noory announces none of this is Hogue's personal take on things, only his prophecy, but c'mon. The earth is crying out, almost as if it's a living being . . . and King Barack will be crowned again . . .

WOTR

Quote from: Lovely Bones on January 24, 2012, 10:46:25 AM
Thank you.  I'm glad to know I wasn't the only who felt that way.  Noory announces none of this is Hogue's personal take on things, only his prophecy, but c'mon. The earth is crying out, almost as if it's a living being . . . and King Barack will be crowned again . . .
I had to stop listening after he listed his 12 "correct" prophesy's about disasters of the last year.  I wish I could retroactively choose a list of 12 disasters which occurred in the last year and claim that I was right because there were 12.  He even included the Arab spring because it was a disaster "to dictators".  For his disaster of trust he included one credit ratings agency downgrading the US (when the other two left it.)  How about the fact that every Euro nation with the exception of Germany has lost their AAA rating, and some are now rated junk?

By allowing yourself the luxury of picking disasters after they occur and naming them you have guaranteed that you are correct.  I think there will be 50 disasters in the upcoming year and I will let you know what they were after the year is through.  Letting somebody away with that while claiming that he is "Nostradamus like" is just wrong.

Quote from: WOTR on January 24, 2012, 01:14:21 PM
... Letting somebody away with that while claiming that he is "Nostradamus like" is just wrong.

"Sumpthin's gonna happen"

- George Noory

VtaGeezer

I always enjoy John Hogue; he has a nicely balanced mix of Nostradamian(?) hooie with well-articulated thought.  He's one of the few who can deliver through Noory's screen of banality.

Sardondi

Quote from: WOTR on January 24, 2012, 01:14:21 PM
I had to stop listening after he listed his 12 "correct" prophesy's about disasters of the last year.  I wish I could retroactively choose a list of 12 disasters which occurred in the last year and claim that I was right because there were 12.  He even included the Arab spring because it was a disaster "to dictators".  For his disaster of trust he included one credit ratings agency downgrading the US (when the other two left it.)  How about the fact that every Euro nation with the exception of Germany has lost their AAA rating, and some are now rated junk?

By allowing yourself the luxury of picking disasters after they occur and naming them you have guaranteed that you are correct.  I think there will be 50 disasters in the upcoming year and I will let you know what they were after the year is through.  Letting somebody away with that while claiming that he is "Nostradamus like" is just wrong.

And of course Chief Enabler Noory oozes smarm over them all, announcing each and every one to an amazingly accurate soothsayer.

But the absolute worst IMO, the biggest liar of the bunch, is Major Fraud Dames, who blithely claims that whatever the result turns out to be was something he'd perfectly predicted. To his shame even Art bought into this charlatan.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Sardondi on January 24, 2012, 09:11:21 PM
To his shame even Art bought into this charlatan.
Art Bell hosted many charlatans, including both Dames and Hogue. In fact, its a damn good thing MOST of Art's guests were charlatans or we'd all have been erased from existence many times over the past decade.  I listen to C2c for the theater, not for information, and certainly not for its veracity. Bell was a great straight man for the theater of hooie; you never  really knew if he bought it. His wry wit always left the door open.  Noory, though, is a poor actor...a ham who aggravates the frauds with his cloying feigned acceptance of the most screwy.

Morgus

Noory reported they taped him today for his bits for the next season of the TV show Ancient Aliens.
They must record him for an hour talking about anything and they later edit bits of that in to different shows.
Thats how it appeared in previous seasons when Noory showed up as a talking head, often not seeming to relate very well to that episode's subject.  :o

Quote from: Morgus on January 25, 2012, 01:10:44 AM
Noory reported they taped him today for his bits for the next season of the TV show Ancient Aliens.
They must record him for an hour talking about anything and they later edit bits of that in to different shows.
Thats how it appeared in previous seasons when Noory showed up as a talking head, often not seeming to relate very well to that episode's subject.  :o

He doesn't seem to know much or have anything to add - just like on his own show.

The only reason they have him on - the ONLY reason - is to plug the show on C2C and have their producer Giorgio Tsoukalos on a few times.  They know he's boring, sucks, and adds nothing.  Everyone knows.

michio

Yeah, it's such a shame "King Barack" is slowly dragging the country out of the shitter when we could go back to the good old days of Bush by doing the same insane things that dragged us into the shitter in the first place.  ::)

Back to those pesky, realistic "Liberal rants."  It isn't something Hogue saw in a vision while gazing into a cup of hot tea, he's simply stealing from scientific predictions based on what we know about how the world works and what we think is likely to happen. But you knew Noory would chime in and be apologetic to the deniers by saying this wasn't Hogue's personal views, while Noory has absolutely no problem ramming his anti-science malarkey and nonsensical melting glaciers ice age predictions at the listeners every chance he gets. It's practically a religion with him.

Myth of the Mini Ice Age

And BTW, 'global warming' wasn't dreamed up by 'Al Gore and the Liberals' in a nefarious plot to rule the world, it was meticulously researched for decades and deduced by scientists from around the world who comprise Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and every other mix of political preferences (including religious preferences). You people (some, not all) really need to rid yourselves of this subconscious Pavlov's dog response every time you mindlessly equate global warming as being concocted by 'those evil Liberals.'  In fact, the phrase "climate change" was manufactured by a Republican PR guy (see link) to make global warming sound less threatening and more friendly, IOW, to con the gullible public. It worked miraculously well.  So now as you well know,  it's a popular and parroted denier myth that the Liberals/Democrats created it. Tell a lie enough times as you make it sound convincing and creating doubt, and the world (the gullible world) will think you're a genius when you're actually a psychopathic a^^hole who doesn't give a damn about your generation or the one after it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luntz

The religious Right (primarily) has expertly done their part to demonize and politicize global warming by confusing the public who should have the right to know the facts and not the bullshit thrown around by activist deniers. Get a GD clue. Don't be a Noory.

Morgus

In this final hour tonight with callers for astronomer Seth Shostak, guess what caller made it on the air yet again this week.
Its Bill from West Hartford the OCD athiest amateur astronomer who just called in last weekend.
Bill never follows Noory's rule of only one call allowed per month - somebody needs to report him to Noory's rule enforcement staff,  maybe a good penalty would be no calls allowed for Bill for the rest of the year?  8)

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on January 25, 2012, 03:23:40 AM
In this final hour tonight with callers for astronomer Seth Shostak, guess what caller made it on the air yet again this week.
Its Bill from West Hartford the OCD athiest amateur astronomer who just called in last weekend.
Perhaps they are grooming a new host?

I really liked the guy who was referring to the possibility of 400 Chernobyls occurring simultaneously throughout the U.S.  I think somebody needs to write congress to report this danger.  Also, if there are 400 of those explosions I doubt that having bought preserved food from E-Foods direct is going to make any difference to the your survival...

valdez

Quote from: michio on January 25, 2012, 02:00:57 AM...you're actually a psychopathic a^^hole who doesn't give a damn about your generation or the one after it.

Guilty as charged.  I hate that about myself.

Quote from: Morgus on January 25, 2012, 03:23:40 AM
Its Bill from West Hartford...

That "Bill" guy is growing on me.  George ought to let him do a LMH type report every month on whatever it is that's bugging him.  Solar flairs with Mitch Batros (who is raising money for some medical bills incurred due to a sick child) , survival stuff with Tim Ralston, and the search for aliens with Seth Shostak.  Responding to a caller, Seth explained why "quantum entanglement" can not be used as a form of intergalactic communication, and when he was done George threw in a "no, not at all," almost as if he understood something about it.  Very impressive.   

I feel better .. Mitch Battros turned up again on the show. Something apparently is not going well in his family.. I like Battros. He's like what Hoaglad was for Art.. The always dependable go to guy who makes a boring exciting.. I'll take the criticism, I like Mitch on that 'fun' level

Sardondi

Quote from: michio on January 25, 2012, 02:00:57 AM
Yeah, it's such a shame "King Barack"...(and etc., etc. etc.)
Noory's fine; C2C is fine; guests are fine: but I really don't want to see yet another forum ruined by purely gratuitous partisan rants.

stevesh

Quote from: Sardondi on January 25, 2012, 09:19:36 AM
Noory's fine; C2C is fine; guests are fine: but I really don't want to see yet another forum ruined by purely gratuitous partisan rants.

Me neither, especially when the pompous blowhard doing the ranting is, well, wrong.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: stevesh on January 25, 2012, 09:32:59 AM
Me neither, especially when the pompous blowhard doing the ranting is, well, wrong.

What's interesting to me about the gratuitous partisan ranting I see is this: neither Valdez nor I actually referenced the global warming debate as bothersome in Hogue's time with Noory.  Valdez made a general reference to partisan liberal rants.  I concurred, pointing out that I was bothered by the anthropomorphism of the earth crying out like a living being--which, of course, is hardly the neutral reading Noory argued Hogue was presenting.  That dichotomy was what bothered me. I wasn't taking a position on global warming but on Noory's lame attempt to characterize Hogue as some neutral and objective astrological reader of the stars. 

Which of course is what this "host" board is all about--how lame Georgie Boy is.  Noory sucks, BTW. 

Sardondi

To me AGW or climate change or whatever it's called today is perfectly legitimate as a topic, and we can certainly have excellent non-partisan discussions, because there are significant aspects of the issue upon which reasonable persons can differ.

And of course commenting on what guests say is essentially an extension of the show and thus perfectly apt, e.g. the "King Barack" thing.

But what makes for bad feeling is when the poster him/herself starts in with a purely political opinion like "Bush/Obama sucks/rules", "Christian right/godless left is going to hell/timeout". And the games begin.

Of course we have the right to say it. But just because you can doesn't mean you should. As a principle I'm all for speech without restraint, and believe in vigorous debate and all that goes with it'; I just don't want it all the time and everywhere. I look at this as sort of a, I dunno, a common area like a dorm den or rec room, a place of refuge.  That's why I think if you want to poke a stick in someone's eye (and I most certainly have done so in my time) you need to go do it at the eye-poking site.

Here we poke a stick in only George Noory's eye.

fysisist

Boy, do I concur.  Nothing spoils a good time faster than a discussion of politics or religion. 

BobGrau

Best to talk in terms of 'pollution' rather than climate change or whatever. I'd like to think most people will agree that pollution sucks.

Which brings us back to noory...

Quote from: BobGrau on January 25, 2012, 05:23:56 PM
Which brings us back to noory...

Amazing how that one thought about that one man seems to ground us all. :o

Morgus

Will Noory have Hoagland on the air tonight to comment on this?
Maybe Bill from West Hartford (the OCD amateur athiest astronomer) will call in too.

Newt pledges moon base by second term
Newt Gingrich took the opportunity of being on Florida's space coast to revisit one of his favorite topics: space exploration.
"By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon and it will be American," Gingrich said to applause.
He said the development would include commercial and private efforts, and will make apparent, "we clearly have the capacity that Chinese and the Russians will never come anywhere close to us."
Gingrich also said he would push to develop propulsion technology that would get man to Mars.
He emphasized that it doesn't have to be expensive, exploration in partnership with private companies can lower the cost.
"If it's cheaper and it's faster and it works, do it," he said.
He also said launch areas should be capable of launching multiple spacecrafts in a day, like an airport.

b_dubb

ya think george could just lose his shit one night on the air?  i don't listen anymore so i don't have a handle on how irritated george is with the 'haters'.  it's unfortunate that i am so 'anti' george as C2C host.  i don't have an opinion about him as a person.  well ... maybe i do.  but mostly i just think he's a terrible host and a god awful interviewer.  trying to imagine a place for george in radio ... and ... having a difficult time.  he could do voice on cheesy commercials but it would take so many times for him to run through the script

the guy sounds reasonably coherent when he's being interviewed on shows.  maybe he's reading from a script there.  and struggles when interviewing cause he can't think on his feet.  or sitting on his ass.  whichever applies

i'm going to go watch reruns of Battlestar Galactica.  thinking about george hosting c2c is just making me sad

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Morgus on January 25, 2012, 08:34:44 PM
Will Noory have Hoagland on the air tonight to comment on this?
Maybe Bill from West Hartford (the OCD amateur athiest astronomer) will call in too.

Newt pledges moon base by second term
Newt Gingrich took the opportunity of being on Florida's space coast to revisit one of his favorite topics: space exploration.
"By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon and it will be American," Gingrich said to applause.
He said the development would include commercial and private efforts, and will make apparent, "we clearly have the capacity that Chinese and the Russians will never come anywhere close to us."
Gingrich also said he would push to develop propulsion technology that would get man to Mars.
He emphasized that it doesn't have to be expensive, exploration in partnership with private companies can lower the cost.
"If it's cheaper and it's faster and it works, do it," he said.
He also said launch areas should be capable of launching multiple spacecrafts in a day, like an airport.
In fine print, Richard Hoagland article consultation, science consultant, and future, if I am elected Mars and Moon consultant. 
George Noory on contract to answer hate letters from Nancy Pelosi.

In reply to an e-mail from Pelosi:  You are a lowlife and thrive on pond scum.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 25, 2012, 08:40:10 PM
... the guy sounds reasonably coherent when he's being interviewed on shows.  maybe he's reading from a script there.  and struggles when interviewing cause he can't think on his feet.  or sitting on his ass.  whichever applies...

George is great when the topic is George Noory

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 25, 2012, 09:37:35 PM

George is great when the topic is George Noory

You got a literal lol out of me. And let me bring up a related issue: George's continuing comments on having lost his father some 8 weeks after the event. (Stay with me here.) I heard him do it within the last week, when a caller mentioned as part of a story (IIRC) about having lost a parent near to the time of the events in the story. At this GN interrupts and says "I just recently lost my father too." Wha...?

I'm not saying he isn't grieving - I can't say that. But I can say that after a few days or so, you're expected to kinda back off bringing the subject up. Particularly if you're the host of a big-ass radio show.

Remember how it was when Art Bell lost Ramona? I certainly don't think Art loved his wife a whit less than George loved his father, and by a week or so after she died Art was telling people it was time to let it go. Even though Art was obviously hurting, he was not about wallowing in the attention.

But I think George Noory is. I think Noory's continuing comments about losing his father this long after his death is a way to once again make himself the center of attention. Perhaps it sounds harsh, but there are people who listen to C2C that wish all they had to bear was losing a parent 8 weeks ago. So cowboy up George: it's not all about you.

b_dubb

Sardondi ... i haven't been listening so i can't agree/disagree with you.  but what you're desribing is just sick.  it reminds me of that psychological disorder that some nurses get where they make their own children sick so that people will pity them - i can't figure out what that syndrome / disorder is called.  bottom line: more evidence that george's nice guy act is just an act and is in fact contrary to his true nature.  which seems to be that of a runaway narcicist

WOTR

Quote from: Sardondi on January 25, 2012, 10:31:21 PM
You got a literal lol out of me. And let me bring up a related issue: George's continuing comments on having lost his father some 8 weeks after the event...At this GN interrupts and says "I just recently lost my father too." Wha...?

I'm not saying he isn't grieving - I can't say that. But I can say that after a few days or so, you're expected to kinda back off bringing the subject up. Particularly if you're the host of a big-ass radio show.
I see two possibilities; both depressing.  It could be that he lacks friends or anybody close that he can talk to and uses his audience and guests to fill the void.  I know that I talked with a few close friends about Dad for awhile.  While I may occasionally reference his passing now, I had a support network of people to talk with and work things out.  It could be that George only has those who make contact through his program...

The other possibility is that he has heard "somewhere" that trying to find commonalities helps form a bond as is what humans do.  He has been told this but is unsure how to apply it appropriately to his conversations.  I may have posted a few weeks back when his guest said that years ago he was visiting a friend who was dying in Missouri and George broke in with "I used to live in St. Louis.  We must have been close."  It was not appropriate, poor timing and abruptly halted the conversation for a moment.  However, if he had read somewhere "how to win friends and influence people" and finding common ground were covered he may well be trying but not have a "knack" for it.  I have watched people who are "socially awkward" (some diagnosed actual problems and some not).  Often when they try applying what they have been told is "normal" behavior, there are slip-ups while they gain experience. George reminds me in many ways of those people while they try instituting those "skill sets" into their conversations and relationships.

Sardondi

Quote from: WOTR on January 26, 2012, 12:20:44 AM
I see two possibilities; both depressing.  It could be that he lacks friends or anybody close that he can talk to and uses his audience and guests to fill the void.  I know that I talked with a few close friends about Dad for awhile.  While I may occasionally reference his passing now, I had a support network of people to talk with and work things out.  It could be that George only has those who make contact through his program...

The other possibility is that he has heard "somewhere" that trying to find commonalities helps form a bond as is what humans do.  He has been told this but is unsure how to apply it appropriately to his conversations.  I may have posted a few weeks back when his guest said that years ago he was visiting a friend who was dying in Missouri and George broke in with "I used to live in St. Louis.  We must have been close."  It was not appropriate, poor timing and abruptly halted the conversation for a moment.  However, if he had read somewhere "how to win friends and influence people" and finding common ground were covered he may well be trying but not have a "knack" for it.  I have watched people who are "socially awkward" (some diagnosed actual problems and some not).  Often when they try applying what they have been told is "normal" behavior, there are slip-ups while they gain experience. George reminds me in many ways of those people while they try instituting those "skill sets" into their conversations and relationships.

I knew I was on awful thin ice when criticizing someone about how they handled the loss of a loved one. But I note that in your case you talked with close friends...which is exactly what I did, and not mere acquaintances.

Also, I think you make a good point about how mentioning a death can be a way to make human connections through seeking common experiences. I knew when I posted my original that after I saw it in cold pixels I was probably going to feel like an ass, and so it is. But still I feel there's something of a slightly false note about the way "hey, I lost my father" is shoehorned into places it doesn't really fit.