• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George's Celebrity Friends

Started by RecoveringNoorholic, September 15, 2008, 01:10:18 PM

The other day a caller said the two greatest interviewers in the world were "Bob Costas and George Noory" and George said
"ahhh yes, my old friend Bobby ..." Another time recently he made it sound like he and Casey Kasem palled around LA together all the time. I know both of those dudes are in the same building as George but do you think the three of them actually kick it? Like are George, Bob and Casey hitting the clubs - could I see the 3 of them getting guest-listed into The Ivar or playing Texas Hold 'Em at the Kasem estate?

EvB

Hard to say - but the image I get is "bump into each other in the hall and exchange a courteous glad-hand" -- but that's me and my imagination - I've no idea how things actually go.

11angeleyes11

You know the most famous celebrity friend of George, is Tommy Danheiser, next is well the one from ZZ Top.  The two you are referring too, probably the most they share in common is that they work in the same office building and go in and out the same doors.  These are the most Hollywood oriented celebrity friends he probably has.  The rest is wishful thinking.   

When he said "my old friend Bobby", he actually said "my old friend Bobaaay."

BTW ... when he had Richard C. on a couple weeks ago he was telling Richard C. how much background they do on all the stories they "run," that they verify and reverify them. If he was talking about the stories in the news segment, he's reading verbatim copy from the AP feed - I've even followed-along before. What does he mean when he says they verify/reverify? It sounds like he has a network of reporters out in the field.

Frys Girl

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on September 15, 2008, 03:19:50 PM
"Bobaaay."
WHAT A douche!! I wish we had a big head shot of George with the douche/money links below but with the money link reading "this action is impossible, fool." (except for EvB when Snoory tells the refrigerator joke ;)

ALSO: Welcome aboard. Glad to see more people logging on to discuss Snoorology, for that is what we call studies of the Snoory.

They probably have sleepovers and watch Cheech and Chong movies. Bob brings the tortilla chips, Casey brings the bean dip, and George obviously brings the cheese.

Frys Girl

LOL. He probably also cuts the cheese. But I'm just speculatin'

Bob: So guys, what's next? Nice Dreams, or Up In Smoke?

Casey: Up In Smoke is in the top 3 of my top 10 comedy movies list!

GN: Hey Casey, could you do that impression of Shaggy from Scooby Doo again? I love it!

Bob: George, we're discussing what movie to watch next. And you asked Casey that five minutes ago.

*awkward silence*

GN: *fart*

*awkward silence*

Casey: Out of the top 10 things that have come out of Noory tonight, this has to be the most interesting, and possibly even most relevant!

Bob: Agreed.

GN: So do you guys like motorbikes? I mean the big ones. You know, like the army uses.

*awkward silence*

Bob: Go home.

Frys Girl

LOOOOL. Lots of $$ for you. That was funny. I dont know why, but it would have been a tad funnier if Bob said: "Go home George."

EvB

The pirate king gets my $ on that too.

As for $ for GN and the fridge joke, how about we give him one $ for  ocationaly surprising us,(once) and one $ for the fridge joke (once) - then freeze it and go on as you suggest?

Bandido

george likes to say he is friends with every celebrity who comes on his show. especially the really old ones from stuff he watched as a kid. he also calls all the guests 'my friend' lately.

haloedorchid

On the September 30th show, he was saying how he is friends with a band member of ZZ Top.  I wonder if any of these celebrities know they are friends with George Noory.  Sounds like he is trying to ride their coattails to fame and give credence to his delusions of grandeur by associating himself with actual successful people.

Quote from: haloedorchid on October 02, 2008, 06:57:39 PM
On the September 30th show, he was saying how he is friends with a band member of ZZ Top.  I wonder if any of these celebrities know they are friends with George Noory.  Sounds like he is trying to ride their coattails to fame and give credence to his delusions of grandeur by associating himself with actual successful people.

That's the one celeb that is actually a "friend of C2C".

pate

He actually gets AnnE-oy!FrumAlabammy to call his shoe.

Amazung!

ediot: