• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell free live stream

Started by Morgus, September 13, 2013, 06:24:02 PM

indigoo

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on September 16, 2013, 06:51:16 PM
It's working.

Excellent, thank you. Very simple to do; shoutcast can be a pain for people not familiar with it, sometimes.

Have some pre-show music going now.

williedee

Quote from: widespread1 on September 16, 2013, 07:20:33 PM
O boy I'm super stoked :)

im playing bumper music for this final hour :D so excited!

trsix

ziznak

so how much of a delay is there on these shoutcast streams?  thanks again williedee!!!

Falkie2013

LOL ! This guy from New Mexico called and Art said " My, G*d. I thought you were someone else ! "  The guy had a thick Southern accent like JC & Art thought it was JC.

I logged into Sirius and clicked on the BETA & it immediately logged me off. Avoid the BETA for now because afterwards it wouldn't recognize my password or screen name.

And then when I tried to post this post, I got this gator and it said internal server error.

I think this place is gonna get overwhelmed for a few days.

HE IS BACK !!!

And the Great unholy pretender of Toilet to Toilet will soon be no more.

Now if we can just rid ourselves of the other Great Pretender at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

My prayers go to the victims at the Naval Yard.

On the way home my car radio found Alex Jones and he was already saying this was a false flag to distract things from Obama and all his scandals and Syria.

He also said Fort Hood was a CIA run operation and all is designed to take away guns from the American people.

Morgus

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 16, 2013, 11:13:43 PM
I logged into Sirius and clicked on the BETA & it immediately logged me off. Avoid the BETA for now because afterwards it wouldn't recognize my password or screen name.
I got that too. but i can't find a way to go back to the regular PC Sirius player instead of the beta now?
any ideas?

Cynnie

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 16, 2013, 11:13:43 PM

Now if we can just rid ourselves of the other Great Pretender at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

On the way home my car radio found Alex Jones and he was already saying this was a false flag to distract things from Obama and all his scandals and Syria.

He also said Fort Hood was a CIA run operation and all is designed to take away guns from the American people.

Lord , if i wanted to hear this shit , i'd go back to the snoorzone

Morgus

I saw last night's new Art Bell show is available as a torrent today at The Pirate Bay site.
Just do a search under the audio section on "Art Bell" - its the newest one uploaded.
Its four mp3 files (one for each hour of the show) recorded in 48kbps, 44Khz mono format with the ad breaks removed.
Has about 16 seeders right now and I could download it in under a minute with a 10Mbps cable internet connection.
The youtube uploads tend to get removed quickly, but the torrents at The Pirate Bay remain for a long time, just like the ones there of Howard Stern's daily Sirius show.

indigoo

Just a heads up I will be running my simultaneous stream again for those of you that don't have access to SiriusXM.

Tune-in at 9:30 for some pre-show muzak :p

Last time I'll post the link: http://hashd.tv/gooradio

Dude111

I wonder: Will WILLIEDEE have his up again I wonder??

williedee

Sardondi

Not that this will matter to anyone, but I had previously objected to trying to suck up a "free" Sirius broadcast on the grounds that I would not have paid for it and it was just not the right thing to do.

But tonight at 11:53 pm EDT, during a live ad he was doing for C Crane radio, while he was praising an antenna which was part of a C Crane product, Art said, "...and if there's any WiFi floating around free out there, you're gonna be able to suck it right up"; which in the context of his spiel meant that the antenna was so powerful, that it would enable a user to easily obtain numerous WiFi signals from other persons, which the C Crane users had not paid for.

So I felt kind of silly taking a position like I had if Art himself was going to advocate ripping others off in the very same way. Never mind. As long as Art is going to sell products on the basis of how easy it is to take service paid for by someone else, I really don't see the ethical violation in using someone else's Sirius service to listen to Dark Matter.

I'm sure everyone is very relieved. As you were. 

Morgus

Quote from: Sardondi on September 17, 2013, 10:05:28 PM
Not that this will matter to anyone, but I had previously objected to trying to suck up a "free" Sirius broadcast on the grounds that I would not have paid for it and it was just not the right thing to do.

But tonight at 11:53 pm EDT, during a live ad he was doing for C Crane radio, while he was praising an antenna which was part of a C Crane product, Art said, "...and if there's any WiFi floating around free out there, you're gonna be able to suck it right up"; which in the context of his spiel meant that the antenna was so powerful, that it would enable a user to easily obtain numerous WiFi signals from other persons, which the C Crane users had not paid for.

So I felt kind of silly taking a position like I had if Art himself was going to advocate ripping others off in the very same way. Never mind. As long as Art is going to sell products on the basis of how easy it is to take service paid for by someone else, I really don't see the ethical violation in using someone else's Sirius service to listen to Dark Matter.

Art is a long time "pirate" he even had his own pirate radio broadcast station when he was younger...

qaddisin

I get the feeling that Art doesn't give two bowel movements about people "stealing" his show. If anything, he probably silently endorses it.

XMSirius, on the other hand, probably has an entirely different opinion on the matter...

Sardondi

Quote from: qaddisin on September 17, 2013, 11:55:40 PMI get the feeling that Art doesn't give two bowel movements about people "stealing" his show. If anything, he probably silently endorses it.

XMSirius, on the other hand, probably has an entirely different opinion on the matter...
Yep.

steelbot

Well this is a 'touchy gray area' for sure - but i've been broadcasting Art's Return on justin.tv/steelbot - for my military friends overseas, and any others that would like to listen/chat.

Additionally, if you see adverts (not my control get adblock and better jtv blockers) / donations links - sorry - i'm a disabled, unemployed former service member, who happens to have a kind brother that lent me his online sirius account, and internet for the time being.  I am not doing so well financially and have looked into putting a donations link up. 

Furthermore, I respect the opinion of those that do not approve of this type of activity, just please realize not everyone is in a perfect situation.

Thanks,
Steelbot

onan

Quote from: steelbot on September 18, 2013, 05:45:02 AM
Well this is a 'touchy gray area' for sure - but i've been broadcasting Art's Return on justin.tv/steelbot - for my military friends overseas, and any others that would like to listen/chat.

Additionally, if you see adverts (not my control get adblock and better jtv blockers) / donations links - sorry - i'm a disabled, unemployed former service member, who happens to have a kind brother that lent me his online sirius account, and internet for the time being.  I am not doing so well financially and have looked into putting a donations link up. 

Furthermore, I respect the opinion of those that do not approve of this type of activity, just please realize not everyone is in a perfect situation.

Thanks,
Steelbot

nicely stated

steelbot

Quote from: onan on September 18, 2013, 05:50:25 AM
nicely stated
Thanks!

on that note - Last Nights' replay is up right now!

williedee

I just googled "art bell dark matter" and this thread is on the first page of results.. great :P

Sardondi

Quote from: linden2k on September 18, 2013, 08:53:26 AMAnyone see this? Fine Art mentioned on Time magazine's site.  http://entertainment.time.com/2013/09/16/art-bell-radios-most-popular-weirdo-returns/
Like I'm sure TIME's photo editor didn't cackle with delight when s/he first saw the pic they chose to accompany the article. It's, shall we say, "most unfortunate". Damn, Art looks like some kind of perve.

shell88

Quote from: Sardondi on September 17, 2013, 10:05:28 PM

I was under the impression that Art was just trying to portray how powerful the signal was - that it picks up wifi signals at a distance you couldn't reach before.  Most wifi signals are locked and you need a password to use them anyway.  If someone leaves there wifi hotspot open it's usually because they want it that way.
Just sayin..... 

shell88

Quote from: Sardondi on September 18, 2013, 10:57:38 AM
Like I'm sure TIME's photo editor didn't cackle with delight when s/he first saw the pic they chose to accompany the article. It's, shall we say, "most unfortunate". Damn, Art looks like some kind of perve.

Seem s like I'm following you around. I'm not. I don't see anything wrong with this picture.  It's a bit awkward sure but perv? no.  Overall, I think Time Magazine has taken the best pictures of Art so far.
He looks like a Mercurial brooder in them, and that portrayal fit's him to a T I think.

Morgus

Besides the C.Crane wifi booster (I guess its a receiver amplifier not a transmitter power booster) Art advertised, he always advertised the C.Crane FM transmitter.
That device would work well at home connected to a desktop PC's stereo analog audio output while having the Sirius PC player playing Art's live show. You could then hear his show around the house with a regular FM portable radio, kinda like the old days listening on a regular radio.

onan

Art is not a perv... Derp... oh yeah. like most of us.

DarkBroodings

Did anyone read the Time article yet? This is awesome:

• What does Bell think of the man who replaced him on Coast, George Noory? He’s a lazy broadcaster, Bell says, indifferent to what he puts on the air. “This fellow, half the time, he doesn’t sound like he’s listening to his guest. He’ll come back and ask a question that had just been answered five minutes previously. Or he’ll inject a complete non sequitur. The guest will be talking about Bigfoot, and he’ll ask, ‘Well, does that have something to do with angels?’” Worse, “there’s a lot more politics in it, a lot more medical crap in it, a lot of New Age-y crap that I won’t touch. I prefer science.” Bell hopes competition will raise all boats. “It betterâ€"otherwise George’ll be a submarine.” Fans seem to agree: The first Google autocomplete hit on Noory’s name is “George Noory sucks.”