• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Dyna-X

Quote from: ShayP on February 24, 2017, 02:43:14 PM
Desk blotters.  I feel I'm the last person using them.   :-[  ...so I've been told.

Do you have a nice cherrywood or walnut desk?

Quote from: ShayP on February 24, 2017, 02:43:14 PM
Desk blotters.  I feel I'm the last person using them.   :-[  ...so I've been told.

♫  Melamine killed the desk blotter star... ♪

I feel your pain.  I say this as an individual who collects Tenex 400 Class Desk Accessories. (Color: Black Carbon/Made in U.S.A.)  Their 400 Class desk pad was 20" x 34"- part# 19180.  I have yet to locate one.

albrecht

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 24, 2017, 06:47:46 PM
♫  Melamine killed the desk blotter star... ♪
Ha. Now I got that song in my head. Thanks.

The Juice will soon be loose, according to reports and speculation. Hopefully he will use his untouchable NFL pension to hunt down his wife's killer.  ;)
http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/772143/oj-simpson-walk-free-jail-american-football-nfl-pension-early

Quote from: albrecht on February 26, 2017, 01:34:52 PM
Ha. Now I got that song in my head. Thanks.

The Juice will soon be loose, according to reports and speculation. Hopefully he will use his untouchable NFL pension to hunt down his wife's killer.  ;)
http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/772143/oj-simpson-walk-free-jail-american-football-nfl-pension-early

Heh.

I will observe his release by watching Capricorn One (which I wish Stanley Kubrick had directed.  It would have been beautiful.)

ShayP

Quote from: Dyna-X on February 24, 2017, 02:48:45 PM
Do you have a nice cherrywood or walnut desk?

I wish!  Nope, just generic composite.  My desk at home is oak.  I always liked to write everything down on my blotter.  Typically in my own shorthand.  Then a coworker said to me..."That's some Mel Gibson shit."  I had no idea what he was talking about.  Then he told me it was a conspiracy movie Mel did where he jotted things down.  I dunno really.  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 26, 2017, 05:34:55 PM
Heh.

I will observe his release by renting Capricorn One (which I wish Stanley Kubrick had directed.  It would have been beautiful.)

Ha.  ;) Contemplating making a drinking game over Trump, or asides to him, or mentioning of illegals during the Oscars but reckon that would kill me. And who wants to watch the self-congratulatory masturbation fest that is all about politics and not about the, mostly, awful movies (I haven't seen "Hacksaw," yet, and really liked "Hell or High Water,") instead I will have cocktail and watch some "Columbo" episodes on the "free" tv via antenna.
Oh, one more thing, I predict low ratings for the Oscars this year.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on February 26, 2017, 06:02:20 PM
I wish!  Nope, just generic composite.  My desk at home is oak.  I always liked to write everything down on my blotter.  Typically in my own shorthand.  Then a coworker said to me..."That's some Mel Gibson shit."  I had no idea what he was talking about.  Then he told me it was a conspiracy movie Mel did where he jotted things down.  I dunno really.  :-\
If you lurk around Craigslist, monitor estate sales, or local auction office supply warehouses you can sometimes find big old, real wood desks. Especially if the economy is bad and businesses are failing or moving and as that generation is dying off. Businesses/people like lawyers, banks, investment houses, or university professors. Warning: they are damn heavy usually.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ShayP on February 26, 2017, 06:02:20 PM

Were you writing in Aramaic?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 26, 2017, 05:34:55 PM
Heh.

I will observe his release by watching Capricorn One (which I wish Stanley Kubrick had directed.  It would have been beautiful.)

I'm watching this right now. There's nothing on TV tonight to watch. I'm liking it!

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 26, 2017, 10:16:38 PM
I'm watching this right now. There's nothing on TV tonight to watch. I'm liking it!
If you get yourself an antenna for less than $10 on Amazon you would've been able to watch several "Columbo" episodes (including one with Ricardo Montalbán,) "Kolchak- The Night Stalker" (with Tom Skerritt) and now the movie "Bottlerocket" (Wes Anderson's directorial debut and the debut feature for brothers Owen and Luke Wilson) and other stuff for free!

BG's "It's Over" suggested it and I'm in constant thanks for the idea and buying one.

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on February 26, 2017, 10:24:12 PM
If you get yourself an antenna for less than $10 on Amazon you would've been able to watch several "Columbo" episodes (including one with Ricardo Montalbán,) "Kolchak- The Night Stalker" (with Tom Skerritt) and now the movie "Bottlerocket" (Wes Anderson's directorial debut and the debut feature for brothers Owen and Luke Wilson) and other stuff for free!

BG's "It's Over" suggested it and I'm in constant thanks for the idea and buying one.

Oh yeah, I have all that, plus a TiVo. I don't have cable TV either  :P The TiVo helps with the movies for watching later without the commercials.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 26, 2017, 10:57:33 PM
Oh yeah, I have all that, plus a TiVo. I don't have cable TV either  :P The TiVo helps with the movies for watching later without the commercials.  ;)
Nice set up. I need to get the TiVo, or similar, because the commercials during the "good" tv out there does get bogged down with commercials for life insurance, monitoring system for when you fall, "places" for mom, funeral insurance, and the like. (My favorite, I caught last night coming home late like 3am, was a serious commercial for what looked like fake teeth, veneers. Look as bad (though not meant to do so like 'Bubba' or 'Vampire' teeth) as fake Halloween teeth. And should examples of people using them on dates, in public, etc. I couldn't believe it was real- but it was.) Not densures or real medical thing but fake veneer teeth that will help you "fool" people. I just wished there was a follow up on the date that was made better by the fake teeth when it comes to the first kiss or more!

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on February 26, 2017, 11:06:58 PM
Nice set up. I need to get the TiVo, or similar, because the commercials during the "good" tv out there does get bogged down with commercials for life insurance, monitoring system for when you fall, "places" for mom, funeral insurance, and the like. (My favorite, I caught last night coming home late like 3am, was a serious commercial for what looked like fake teeth, veneers. Look as bad (though not meant to do so like 'Bubba' or 'Vampire' teeth) as fake Halloween teeth. And should examples of people using them on dates, in public, etc. I couldn't believe it was real- but it was.) Not densures or real medical thing but fake veneer teeth that will help you "fool" people. I just wished there was a follow up on the date that was made better by the fake teeth when it comes to the first kiss or more!

http://www.perfectsmileteeth.com/ I like the twisty ear wax removal things too.  :D https://www.smartswab.com/

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 26, 2017, 11:28:30 PM
http://www.perfectsmileteeth.com/ I like the twisty ear wax removal things too.  :D https://www.smartswab.com/
Ha. Important to wear fake teeth to job interviews, especially! Someone brave independent film artist, and waiter, should make a documentary: "All My Healthcare and Personal Maintenance Is Done From Infomercials." And from Norry Informercials. And like that guy who did that fast-food movie. I clean my ears, fix my teeth, supplement my diet, prepare my food with As Seen On TV or heard on Norry and monitor how it turns out.

BobGrau

Quote from: pate on February 27, 2017, 12:45:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYhUrtD2OCg

Holy shit, a little bit of my teenage years just lurched up out of the grave!

PS it goes really well with the selfie stick gif too.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on February 26, 2017, 06:12:17 PM
If you lurk around Craigslist, monitor estate sales, or local auction office supply warehouses you can sometimes find big old, real wood desks. Especially if the economy is bad and businesses are failing or moving and as that generation is dying off. Businesses/people like lawyers, banks, investment houses, or university professors. Warning: they are damn heavy usually.

Damn heavy always! LOL!  I'm going minimalist.  I got me a glass desk.  :D

ShayP

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 26, 2017, 06:24:01 PM
Were you writing in Aramaic?

LOL!

After months of notes on one page it sure as heck looked like some foreign language or the scribblings of a mad man.  :)

aldousburbank

In my more paranoid moments I begin to doubt MV's assertion that BellGrab is just a script running on a server.

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 28, 2017, 01:29:06 PM
In my more paranoid moments I begin to doubt MV's assertion that BellGrab is just a script running on a server.

Screw hypnosis, if I see a guy with three eyes I already want to be his friend.

albrecht

I'd like to have these kind of headaches to deal with:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-28/that-85-million-painting-bought-as-an-investment-now-down-74
ps: personally, I think there is much money laundering, corruption, and insurance and tax fraud involved in the art and auction market.

Taaroa

Germans laughing at people falling through ice in Munich. Starts off with them hoping people will fall through ice, and then laughing about it and stuff like "do you hear how they scream?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygTV1JRrhEQ

aldousburbank

It takes a lot of discipline to lay naked in the sun for an hour each day.
#Hardtobeahippie

zeebo

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 01, 2017, 12:21:46 PM
It takes a lot of discipline to lay naked in the sun for an hour each day.
#Hardtobeahippie

The discipline really kicks in at the half hour mark when you need to adjust your hat.