• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: cowspeed on July 10, 2015, 02:45:24 PM

-. --- ..- ... / -. --- ..- ... / .-. . -. -.. --- -. ... / .- .-.. .-.. --- -. ... -....- -.--

serenity

Quote from: cowspeed on July 10, 2015, 02:45:24 PM

Love it!

-.  ---  +  -...  ..-  -  +  ..  -  +  .--  ---  .-.  -.-  ...

Jackstar

Jackstar

That is an excellent plan. Can you run a trivia bot?

Khameleon808

Quote from: Jackstar on July 11, 2015, 12:28:59 PM
That is an excellent plan. Can you run a trivia bot?

That's a pretty boss idea! I'd have to come up with a list of obscure questions for it to ask.  Ill start with some easy ones like

1: What star general is JC Webster? 

2: What flavor of pizza rolls did Dave burn himself on?

etc etc... lol

Jackstar

Quote from: Khameleon808 on July 11, 2015, 12:33:44 PM
I'd have to come up with a list of obscure questions for it to ask.

My thought was questions of broad-based interest and low complexity so as to entice casual users to stay, coupled with a promo bonus for subscribers to have limited influence to control the bot. Perhaps change categories from "Potent Potables" to "Famous Pop Singers."

The intent is to drive retention, not lord our massive intellects before the hoi polloi.

Later, my sweet.

Paradox

We're supposed to be reporting on our blitz activity?   :o
Oops.  I continue to post on FB, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.  I also share posts about the show I see.
Was considering a sticker or something to put on my messenger bag since I carry it a lot to and from appointments these days.  Probably could print something out and use clear packing tape now that I think about it.

Spinner

Hi, all!
Late to the party (as usual), but I've been reading through this thread. Great ideas, great trailers (hey, Jaz!).

Being a near-Luddite myself, I can only post on forums and FB. So, my main approach will be posting and handing out the flyer that NXOEED created. I'll print both the full letter-size sheet, and a half-size. Will post the large ones around town, and directly hand out the smaller ones.

What do you guys think about handing out flyers around a college campus? New young blood for Art's show... 

Don't have a lot of free time these days, but my small contribution to "the Blitz" will begin on Monday.

WOTR

I love the idea Spinner.  I have put up a few, and have more printed and ready.  I love the idea about getting a new generation interested in Art.  He will be harder for these "youngins" to stumble across than it was for us a decade back with the show being on fewer AM stations.  However, with the blitz using technology, it is quite possible that they will have seen a post.  Seeing a physical poster would really have the opportunity to create interest.  What kind of show is this that not only has something online, but here on the lamp post or bulletin board as well? 

At least that is my thinking on the posters...

chefist

And now Casio is hijacking this thread too...

Ms. C

Quote from: chefist on July 12, 2015, 09:54:09 AM
And now Casio is hijacking this thread too...

Oh frig, where is MV now that we need him to get rid of this trash!!!!

NXOEED

Quote from: Spinner on July 12, 2015, 02:19:57 AM
Hi, all!
Late to the party (as usual), but I've been reading through this thread. Great ideas, great trailers (hey, Jaz!).

Being a near-Luddite myself, I can only post on forums and FB. So, my main approach will be posting and handing out the flyer that NXOEED created. I'll print both the full letter-size sheet, and a half-size. Will post the large ones around town, and directly hand out the smaller ones.

What do you guys think about handing out flyers around a college campus? New young blood for Art's show... 

Don't have a lot of free time these days, but my small contribution to "the Blitz" will begin on Monday.

Excellent. I'll be making up some half-sheet templates and quarter-sheet templates tomorrow so that they can be cut two and four ways for distribution by hand. I'll post those in this thread as well. As always, you are 100% free to use the image as you see fit.

RE: college campuses,

yeah, totally. I flyered the shit out of ASU and all of downtown. The past week and a half has had me talking about Art Bell more than I've ever talked about anything else in my life, and the reason is, to my surprise, Millennials and hipsters are the most enthusiastic demographic when handed a flyer and told he's coming back. I don't know if C2C realizes what a service it's been providing for Art's return by airing those old episodes on Somewhere in Time. To my knowledge, we don't even have an SIT affiliate in Phoenix. They're going out on the internet and finding Art where they can.

This has been a learning experience.

It happened Friday night, in fact, and not for the first time. I was making my way through a venue I frequent, and the 22 year old kid whose band was scheduled to play that night stopped me, pointed to the poster I had put up two days earlier, and said, "Is that true? Is Art coming back?" and then went on to talk about how much he loves Art and can't stand Noory. I'm 43. This dude is young enough to be my son. He was 3 years old when I started listening to Art. And he wasn't alone. His whole table perked up when we talked.

I'm totally excited about that.

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on July 12, 2015, 10:16:50 AM

It happened Friday night, in fact, and not for the first time. I was making my way through a venue I frequent, and the 22 year old kid whose band was scheduled to play that night stopped me, pointed to the poster I had put up two days earlier, and said, "Is that true? Is Art coming back?" and then went on to talk about how much he loves Art and can't stand Noory. I'm 43. This dude is young enough to be my son. He was 3 years old when I started listening to Art. And he wasn't alone. His whole table perked up when we talked.

Great story, NX! I think you might be right about those old shows on Coast...if you listen, you can immediately identify the skill in Art's interviews versus that of Noory...

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on July 12, 2015, 10:32:04 AM

hell yeah, dude.

NX...this is Casio, he is banned from BellGab and uses aliases to log back in...he is a convicted and unrepentant sex offender...FYI...

Quote from: chefist on July 12, 2015, 10:39:35 AM
NX...this is Casio, he is banned from BellGab and uses aliases to log back in...he is a convicted and unrepentant sex offender...FYI...

Go on...

NXOEED

ah c'mon, let's keep it Blitzy in here...

Quote from: NXOEED on July 12, 2015, 10:57:40 AM
ah c'mon, let's keep it Blitzy in here...

I can only resist stirring the poo for so long. :)

serenity

New pic for the Blitz

SaucyRossy

Ok so I think it's safe to announce that Art has agreed to do a reddit AMA on the Paranormal subreddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/

Art Bell reddit AMA
When: Tuesday, July 14th, at 3:30 pm Pacific/ 6:30 pm EDT
Where: https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/
How: register for reddit to participate if you don't already have an account here http://www.reddit.com/register

WHAT BELLGAB CAN DO: It would be a huge help if bellgabbers who are familiar with reddit and it's quirkiness please go to various relevant sub reddits and promote the Art Bell AMA on r/Paranormal It would be a huge help to make sure it reaches all of the fans that I'm sure would love to participate in this. Thank you in advance for your help.

nbirnes

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 12, 2015, 09:17:11 PM
Ok so I think it's safe to announce that Art has agreed to do a reddit AMA on the Paranormal subreddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/

Art Bell reddit AMA
When: Tuesday, July 14th, at 3:30 pm Pacific/ 6:30 pm EDT
Where: https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/
How: register for reddit to participate if you don't already have an account here http://www.reddit.com/register

WHAT BELLGAB CAN DO: It would be a huge help if bellgabbers who are familiar with reddit and it's quirkiness please go to various relevant sub reddits and promote the Art Bell AMA on r/Paranormal It would be a huge help to make sure it reaches all of the fans that I'm sure would love to participate in this. Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm going to use this as a chance to really learn reddit and stop being such a lurker. I will get in there and fight like River Tam.

Spinner

Excellent. I'll be making up some half-sheet templates and quarter-sheet templates tomorrow so that they can be cut two and four ways for distribution by hand. I'll post those in this thread as well. As always, you are 100% free to use the image as you see fit.
Awesome, thanks! I'll be checking here for those templates.

QuoteRE: college campuses,

yeah, totally. I flyered the shit out of ASU and all of downtown. The past week and a half has had me talking about Art Bell more than I've ever talked about anything else in my life, and the reason is, to my surprise, Millennials and hipsters are the most enthusiastic demographic when handed a flyer and told he's coming back.
That's encouraging. I wasn't sure if 20-somethings even knew about Art.
C'mon, Gabbers, let's hit those campuses!  :)

SaucyRossy

Quote from: nbirnes on July 12, 2015, 09:40:51 PM
I'm going to use this as a chance to really learn reddit and stop being such a lurker. I will get in there and fight like River Tam.

You keep making those firefly/serenity references and it makes me love ya more and more.

Here's the announcement link!
from r/Paranormal

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/3d34i2/announcement_upcoming_rparanormal_ama_art_bell/

nbirnes

RE: college campuses,

yeah, totally. I flyered the shit out of ASU and all of downtown. The past week and a half has had me talking about Art Bell more than I've ever talked about anything else in my life, and the reason is, to my surprise, Millennials and hipsters are the most enthusiastic demographic when handed a flyer and told he's coming back. I don't know if C2C realizes what a service it's been providing for Art's return by airing those old episodes on Somewhere in Time. To my knowledge, we don't even have an SIT affiliate in Phoenix. They're going out on the internet and finding Art where they can.

This has been a learning experience.

This is wonderful. We'll talk about it tonight on bella-haven and I'll read your post here. This is one micron away from creating a "Who is Art Bell?" meme, just like in the polarizing Atlas Shrugged.

Sounds like it's starting to catch fire and spread among the tribes.

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on July 12, 2015, 05:14:05 PM
New pic for the Blitz

I've been pinning all the Blitz images at:

https://www.pinterest.com/nancybirnes/art-bell-returns-to-radio/

It's my Pinterest, but that link takes you to the page directly. Otherwise: doilies.