• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 14, 2015, 04:13:47 PM
In the interest of political correctness, the gum has no flavor at all. It's called Dave's Premiere gum and will be available on all your favorite paranormal dating websites this coming winter. Available in flavor-free turmeric and non-turmeric kinds. 100% pre-chewed.

Toomurick flavored? No extra charge?

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on September 14, 2015, 04:11:08 PM
... But some Inuits saw it so it must be true...

No doubt about it.  I believe everything I hear.  Especially from Inuits.  How can you not trust this face?

onan

Quote from: ItsOver on September 14, 2015, 04:14:50 PM
No doubt about it.  I believe everything I hear.  Especially from Inuits.  How can you not trust this face?

Well, when you put it that way.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on September 14, 2015, 04:14:37 PM
Toomurick flavored? No extra charge?

Oh there's an extra charge. There's always an extra charge.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 14, 2015, 04:13:47 PM
In the interest of political correctness, the gum has no flavor at all. It's called Dave's Premiere gum and will be available on all your favorite paranormal dating websites this coming winter. Available in flavor-free turmeric and non-turmeric kinds. 100% pre-chewed.
Well then, I'll pass.

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on September 14, 2015, 04:15:35 PM
Well, when you put it that way.
That reminds me, Onan.  This little kid told me you owe him a million dollars.

Just send a certified check to ItsOver, care of MV, and I'll make sure the cute kid gets it. 

Skunk Ape

The amount of energy needed to shift the rotational position of the earth by 48 hours would be beyond immense. Certainly more than an earthquake in Japan. But some Inuits saw it so it must be true.

BTW, I'm not Lisa.

Welcome to obtuseville, population: the guy that called me Lisa.

You said you wanted the Dave money. I was playing along lol

I'll still take my time-out in obtuseville alone if needed lol

onan

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 14, 2015, 04:21:44 PM
You said you wanted the Dave money. I was playing along lol

I'll still take my time-out in obtuseville alone if needed lol

Obtuseville, population two.

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 14, 2015, 11:46:48 AM
Misanthrope, actually, and I have the badge to prove it.

Yes, that's why I said it! [Vigorous facepalming ensues]
Oh, also just to clarify, I meant the boy comment sarcastically. Hard to do subtle sarcasm when one doesn't have body language to enhance communication. Smiley faces only go so far and I'm loathe to overuse them  ;D  :o  :-[
Btw doesn't being a misanthrope by definition make you a misogynist?

Mebee

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 14, 2015, 02:49:22 PM
actually...I was just listing some articles. And then....when you got all pissy, I told you to fuck off.

lol

Yes, you were "listing articles" in support of something and I asked you to say WHY they were on the list. What you were REALLY doing is throwing crap against the wall, to see what might stick. If that wasn't true, you should have had no problem in specifying what POINT you were trying to make with a certain link. All you can do is PRETEND that what you were offering supports the notion at hand. None of it did.

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on September 14, 2015, 04:28:05 PM
Oh, also just to clarify, I meant the boy comment sarcastically. Hard to do subtle sarcasm when one doesn't have body language to enhance communication. Smiley faces only go so far and I'm loathe to overuse them  ;D  :o  :-[
Btw doesn't being a misanthrope by definition make you a misogynist?
SCORE!!! ;D

eddie dean

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 14, 2015, 04:15:51 PM
Oh there's an extra charge. There's always an extra charge.

* batteries not included  ;)

Mebee

Quote from: Art Bell on September 14, 2015, 02:40:45 PM
I pull info from Paranormal sites, not all of it is verified by anybody.

THAT'S an understatement. There are certain stories which have made the rounds, over and over again, and have been thoroughly debunked. "Vatican telescope named Lucifer" and "Inuit elders say sky is wrong" are two of them.

BellBoy

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:28:18 PM
Yes, you were "listing articles" in support of something and I asked you to say WHY they were on the list. What you were REALLY doing is throwing crap against the wall, to see what might stick. If that wasn't true, you should have had no problem in specifying what POINT you were trying to make with a certain link. All you can do is PRETEND that what you are offering supports the notion at hand. None of it did.
Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:33:17 PM
THAT'S an understatement. There are certain stories which have made the rounds, over and over again, and have been thoroughly debunked. "Vatican telescope named Lucifer" and "Inuit elders say sky is wrong" are two of them.

As a dog returns to his own vomit...

Mebee

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 14, 2015, 02:56:02 PM
I think I would trust their knowledge ANY DAY over yours.

Heh... It's just some old guys saying wild stuff. Their "knowledge" of astronomy is vapid nonsense.  IGNORE me, if you want, and ASK A REAL ASTRONOMER. I dare you. I'm sure you won't.

They are living with theirs...

Do you actually think that those old guys live out on the ice?

you are just spewing the facts that all the 'big boys' are selling (and mostly just to get more funding).

OK. Prove the Inuit guys right and tens of thousands of astronomers wrong. Go right ahead. You have the floor. All you have been doing is making a fool of yourself.

there...go ballistic.

You only WISH that's what this is all about. Get a clue.

phrodo

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:28:18 PM
Yes, you were "listing articles" in support of something and I asked you to say WHY they were on the list. What you were REALLY doing is throwing crap against the wall, to see what might stick. If that wasn't true, you should have had no problem in specifying what POINT you were trying to make with a certain link. All you can do is PRETEND that what you are offering supports the notion at hand. None of it did.

You've barely been here a month and you already think you can throw what little weight you have around. You are neither vague -- nor loveable. Art basically told you that your logic is full of shit when it comes to his show so go watch NBC and bitch about their accuracy.

Mebee when you've been here another year our CULT will lend a modicum of credence to your unreasonable demands for what you want Art's show to be without us (or Art) taking offense to it. But then again ... mebee not -- nah make that probably not -- you'll still be an asshole -- just a year older. But meanwhile, kindly fuck off you pompous prick. 

Mebee

Quote from: phrodo on September 14, 2015, 04:39:14 PM
You've barely been here a month and you already think you can throw what little weight you have around. You are neither vague -- nor loveable. Art basically told you that your logic is full of shit when it comes to his show so go watch NBC and bitch about their accuracy.

Mebee when you've been here another year our CULT will lend a modicum of credence to your unreasonable demands for what you want Art's show to be without us (or Art) taking offense to it. But then again ... mebee not -- nah make that probably not -- you'll still be an asshole -- just a year older. But meanwhile, kindly fuck off you pompous prick.

I see... it's really about being in a childish clique, not about correct information.... How special.

Mebee

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 14, 2015, 02:56:30 PM
too funny

The person who is wrong is you. You just can't bring yourself to admit it. Typical conspiracy theorist. All you can do is dance and pretend I did something wrong to distract from that reality.

BellBoy

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:42:19 PM
I see... it's really about being in a childish clique, not about correct information.... How special.

Dude, no one here (I.e. in this thread) is in anyway near as invested in YOUR PERSONAL PET-PEEVE as you obviously are. You've said your piece, again and again and again... No one here (I.e. in this thread) wants to hear any more of your shit.

Go start a "Art said something that made me go mental" thread  (I.e. outside this thread) and shut the fuck up already.

Mebee

Quote from: Mild Bill on September 14, 2015, 03:41:13 PM
Art, Mebee is a bitter, friendless, insufferable boor who needs to get a life and get laid, not necessarily in that order.

Looking forward to tonights show!

Yes, just pile on with the insults. It seems to be the way things work here. How special.

ItsOver

I won't believe this whole Inuit conspiracy to confuse the world until it shows up in the Onion.

"Google Engineers Invent New Body Part To Strap Gadgets Onto"

http://www.theonion.com/video/google-engineers-invent-new-body-part-strap-gadget-51300

Mebee

Quote from: ItsOver on September 14, 2015, 04:08:11 PM
Maybe we just need a "bitch and moan" thread.  Got any Juicy Fruit?  I don't want to get sick while I'm taking a ride with Art and have to throw-up all over Art's magic carpet.

I was concerned about Art's (who I have enjoyed and respected for years) personal credibility AND the perpetuation of OBVIOUSLY false fear-mongering BS on the internet. It is affecting vulnerable people's lives who fall for that shit. RoseGirl providing a fine example.

phrodo

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:46:45 PM
Yes, just pile on with the insults. It seems to be the way things work here. How special.

If you don't like it - then go the fuck away already. You won't be missed.

Art Bell

If I wanted personal credibility I would work for NBC and I would still be worried about it.

Art

Mebee

The amount of energy needed to shift the rotational position of the earth by 48 hours would be beyond immense. Certainly more than an earthquake in Japan. But some Inuits saw it so it must be true.

BTW, I'm not Lisa.

Welcome to obtuseville, population: the guy that called me Lisa.

It's not really about 48 hours of rotation. It's about the sun appearing back above the horizon at the end of winter. This is above the arctic circle, so the sun would have been consistently below the horizon for weeks or months, depending on location. It would be a fairly small angle of change, actually, just still not needed to create the effect. It has been seen to appear as much as two weeks early. It's caused by atmospheric refraction bending the sunlight over the horizon. Has to do with inversion layers, I think. It's kinda cool, really.

ItsOver

Quote from: Art Bell on September 14, 2015, 04:55:13 PM
If I wanted personal credibility I would work for NBC and I would still be worried about it.

Art

Ha,ha,ha!  If you worked for NBC, Art, you would lose all your street cred with me. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:50:09 PM
I was concerned about Art's (who I have enjoyed and respected for years) personal credibility AND the perpetuation of OBVIOUSLY false fear-mongering BS on the internet. It is affecting vulnerable people's lives who fall for that shit. RoseGirl providing a fine example.
I'm not sure Art, RoseGirl, and all the other fine Gabblings realize this.  Could you please post some more?

Mebee

Quote from: BellBoy on September 14, 2015, 04:46:17 PM
Dude, no one here (I.e. in this thread) is in anyway near as invested in YOUR PERSONAL PET-PEEVE as you obviously are... No one here (I.e. in this thread) wants to hear any more of your shit. Go start a "Art said something that made me go mental" thread  (I.e. outside this thread) and shut the fuck up already.

This sort of thing is important to more people than just me. A couple of them weighed in. I appreciate that. Now back to your regular programming of reciprocal back-patting....

starrmtn001

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:50:09 PM

Please Mebee, this is my post to Art. I think it may help.  If not, then I'm sorry to trouble you. :)

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 14, 2015, 02:52:05 PM
Art.  In the 90s, I remember you made it clear to your listeners that we use our God/Universe given intelligence and skills of abstract thinking to decide for ourselves on any given subject matter you presented to us on your show.  As I understand it, you expect no less from us today.