• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Saw Art yesterday

Started by juanelo, January 07, 2014, 11:13:20 PM

Tarbaby

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 22, 2015, 05:02:28 AM

Okay, I've googled this and I can't translate it.

Reported.
yes. It doesn't seem to make sense but it SOUNDS convivial.

The Alcoholic

Last night I was outside of a 7-11 about to pull out a cigarette and I see Art come out with a big gulp in his hand. I can't believe my eyes so I bravely say, "Hey Art, do you have a lighter?  He looked startled and said, "uh... yeah hold on a second" and pulled out a red Bic lighter from his pocket and handed it to me. I lit my cig and then handed it back to him.  I then said "thanks man." He, said "sure thing buddy", hopped in his car and drove away.

Dyna-X

Quote from: The Alcoholic on April 14, 2016, 06:00:45 AM
Last night I was outside of a 7-11 about to pull out a cigarette and I see Art come out with a big gulp in his hand. I can't believe my eyes so I bravely say, "Hey Art, do you have a lighter?  He looked startled and said, "uh... yeah hold on a second" and pulled out a red Bic lighter from his pocket and handed it to me. I lit my cig and then handed it back to him.  I then said "thanks man." He, said "sure thing buddy", hopped in his car and drove away.

True story? I was going to mention before on Bellgab that I was planning to move to Pahrump. I didn't want anyone to think I was moving there because of Art (but did "discover" it due to him.)  I just wanna move to one of the last cities in the US where they more or less seem to leave people the heck alone, the relatively cheap real estate, the desert (high sun, high heat, seldom rains or snows) plus other good reasons. Perfect for desert loving hermits :) Some places in AZ are also not too shabby.

Just Me

After you handed back the lighter you should have looked him in the eye and go, say, aren't you George Noory from coast to coast.

ziznak

Quote from: Dyna-X on April 14, 2016, 12:02:46 PM
where they more or less seem to leave people the heck alone,
I believe Art may disagree with this assumption

Dyna-X

Quote from: ziznak on April 14, 2016, 12:31:48 PM
I believe Art may disagree with this assumption

He may well now, but that kinda comes with celebrity. 

I had meant in terms that Pahrump in not incorporated and doesn't have a crap load of municipal ordinances and lawn nazis.  I live in a town now where if someone puts out a sign on their shop the city will talk about every aspect of it for an hour at a council meeting. Pure insanity.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dyna-X on April 14, 2016, 12:48:30 PM
He may well now, but that kinda comes with celebrity. 

I had meant in terms that Pahrump in not incorporated and doesn't have a crap load of municipal ordinances and lawn nazis.  I live in a town now where if someone puts out a sign on their shop the city will talk about every aspect of it for an hour at a council meeting. Pure insanity.

I go to a firearms training facility in Pahrump called Frontsight about once per year. Going back in May. I wouldn't live there. There are about 173,478 places I would pick before I picked Pahrump.

Dyna-X

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2016, 12:55:23 PM
I go to a firearms training facility in Pahrump called Frontsight about once per year. Going back in May. I wouldn't live there. There are about 173,478 places I would pick before I picked Pahrump.

Hmmmm. Thanks for the warning.  What was it about Pahrump that makes it a bad place to live?  I live near Denver now and there are far too many cloudy days, rain and snowstorms for my sanity. Way too expensive and over regulated - and getting too congested.   I would trade for five days at 110F for every snow day gladly. Where can one go to get a livable house (even its a prefab) for under $100,000 where the neighbors are a good 100 feet away and there is such a nice climate?  This limits things more or less to southwest TX, southern NM, AZ, southern NV and southern CA minus the coastal and metro areas (expensive).

Noorynoid

Quote from: Dyna-X on April 14, 2016, 01:21:12 PM
Hmmmm.  What was it about Pahrump that makes it a bad place to live? 

Drove through Pahrump once back in 1974. Dog had to piss so I pulled over and let the stinky pooch out. Looked around, didn't see anything worth writing home about so me and the dog got back in the truck and we drove back to Vegas where we spend the night sleeping in the truck's cab in the parking lot of Caesar's Palace. Then a heavy rainstorm caused a flood and the truck was lost to the mud and the goo. Grabbed a bus ticket back to LA the next day, left the dog at the bus station with a can of dog food.

Noorynoid

Yeah, he's got a whole big box full of red Bic lighters back at the compound. And the non-safety types too, no dark magic mystery to figure out how to make them light. Just push the button and presto, instant flame! 

Dyna-X

Quote from: Noorynoid on April 14, 2016, 02:07:27 PM
Yeah, he's got a whole big box full of red Bic lighters back at the compound. And the non-safety types too, no dark magic mystery to figure out how to make them light. Just push the button and presto, instant flame!

Everyone knows the red Bic ones last the longest (or seem to.) I pull the safety guard thing that is above the flint wheel off with needlenose pliers and pull the stickers off any new Bics. Art's lighters probably still have the flame adjust lever.

The Alcoholic

Quote from: Just Me on April 14, 2016, 12:21:54 PM
After you handed back the lighter you should have looked him in the eye and go, say, aren't you George Noory from coast to coast.
Well I had already called him art so...

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2016, 12:55:23 PM
Is Cambodia on that list?

analog kid

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on January 08, 2014, 09:18:10 AM
Then he popped open a can of Pizza Punch Sauce, lathered it all over the stolen sausages, and he hopped up, (waaayyy up) into the Dodge Ram that Chuck Norris was driving, and they did donuts in Albertson's parking lot.

Art then jumps into the back and finds a deer carcass in the truck bed, which he props up, and manipulates its lips to say "wanna take a ride?" in a shrill baby voice, as they're driving off.

jazmunda

Saw Art yesterday ... from 50 feet away ... as per the restraining order.

https://youtu.be/bcYppAs6ZdI

pate

I think I saw Art yesterday.  If my eyes didn't fool me he was asleep a the wheel while he passed me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k

The man is a bad-ass!

The Anarchist

Saw Art yesterday, he was coming out of a Petco w cat scratch fever so I asked him why he banned me for life from C2C. He said, "Because I could asshole!" Then he bummed my last cigarette and asked me for a light...

Rix Gins

Quote from: The Anarchist on August 06, 2016, 02:30:11 AM
Saw Art yesterday, he was coming out of a Petco w cat scratch fever so I asked him why he banned me for life from C2C. He said, "Because I could asshole!" Then he bummed my last cigarette and asked me for a light...

Very good!  Welcome to BellGab.

pate

Quote from: The Anarchist on August 06, 2016, 02:30:11 AM

I had almost the same dream, but he bummed/hobo'ed a bit of Juice.  B4 promptly trundling alarmingly with a fecund mushroom...  Weird.

Still Not Sure

The Anarchist

Quote from: pate on August 06, 2016, 03:35:36 AM
I had almost the same dream, but he bummed/hobo'ed a bit of Juice.  B4 promptly trundling alarmingly with a fecund mushroom...  Weird.

Still Not Sure

Offspring GN?

akwilly

Quote from: The Anarchist on August 06, 2016, 03:45:58 AM
Offspring GN?
do not respond directly to pate unless you do so with an obscure video

The Anarchist

Quote from: akwilly on August 06, 2016, 03:54:25 AM
do not respond directly to pate unless you do so with an obscure video

C Gracias

The Anarchist

Quote from: akwilly on August 06, 2016, 04:05:34 AM
taco

Maybe if we all get thirsty we'll go to Delgado's and get some mescal...

Rix Gins

Quote from: The Anarchist on August 06, 2016, 04:12:54 AM
Maybe if we all get thirsty we'll go to Delgado's and get some mescal...

Sounds great.  This guy still bartending there?

The Anarchist

Quote from: Rix Gins on August 06, 2016, 04:39:51 PM
Sounds great.  This guy still bartending there?

Good, bad or ugly? I think he was ugly. Bartender, no, but he was a real swinger...

Gruntled

I saw Art at Costco.
He was pushing a cart, kind of hunched over the handle and had a service cat with him.
He kept making loops around the demos, eating and giving the cat some too.
Asked me to pick out a watermelon for him.
He had four pineapples in his cart already.