• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

It looks like he slipped and was trying to get his balance when that big LB was right in his face.

Morgana, are you a fan of the Nikes, er, Ducks?

morgana213

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 20, 2015, 09:45:32 PM
It looks like he slipped and was trying to get his balance when that big LB was right in his face.

Morgana, are you a fan of the Nikes, er, Ducks?
Hey Paper*Boy, I haven't decided who I'm going to root for in the NFL.  I'll be watching the games though. Can't wait to listen to this show.  It's gonna be great! 

I used to love the Bears and the bad boy Raiders.  But not so much anymore.

morgana213

Quote from: eddie dean on August 20, 2015, 09:40:40 PM
Embarrassing!  It almost looks like he dropped that ball on purpose.  oops.
I wonder if Winston had some cash on the ducks & wanted to help the spread! ::)
Yeh, I watched this over and over and I swear it looks like he just stopped and fell!  Of course if a line backer was running towards me, I'd turn and run the other direction.  But for all the hype at FSU, I thought he would do much better in this game. 

Quote from: morgana213 on August 20, 2015, 09:53:57 PM
Hey Paper*Boy, I haven't decided who I'm going to root for in the NFL...

Anyone but Dallas, or any team coached by Pete Carroll. 

akwilly

Hey anyone know what the money line is on the under 7.5 wins for the Jets?

eddie dean

First Episode Alert!!

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean  STARTS TONIGHT! ;D

When:
5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern

Where:
Live stream & chat here
www.ufoship.com/chat

Call:
623-242-2278

Anyone can join & it's free!
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2015/en/group?groupID=77354

The Pool name is:  Bellgab - NFL Podcast
Password is: bellgab

Weekly pool is for regular season games.
Week 1 of the NFL season starts Sept 10 so you still have plenty of time to sign up and play!
(Listen tonight for more details.)

We hope you can join us!

heater

eddie dean

Quote from: Juan on August 22, 2015, 05:18:57 PM
My game starts a half hour before.  Have fun.

I see the majority of the games this week are starting soon or have already started.  :o
No matter, it's pre season for the show as well. :)

serenity

Hey Eddie, mudking, good show tonite. Nice addition to the football season. Thanks

heater

thank's serenity!  It was nice to see you in the chat.  Call in sometime we would love to have you on air.

Hi RoseGirl.  I'm here...can you hear me?

eddie dean

Quote from: serenity on August 22, 2015, 08:43:28 PM
Hey Eddie, mudking, good show tonite. Nice addition to the football season. Thanks

Thanks! We are working out the bugs and trying to find a good rhythm.
I had a blast! I hope y'all did as well.
Thanks for calling in Chefist!

Is the show going to be archived anywhere?, I'm seldom home for any of the BellGab affiliated podcasts and Saturday at 5pm is especially tough but I'd like to hear this one

I listened to a little of the Raider game in the car, they have a former Cal kicker named Giorgio Tavecchio who is accurate and can put it out of the end zone on kickoffs.  He's gone to camp with several teams the past couple of years - teams that already had a good veteran kicker - but hasn't stuck or been signed by anyone.

I don't think Oakland has cap issues yet, but unloading Janikowski's contract might make sense, esp if they could trade him for a pick.  If not someone else ought to give the kid a look when their kicker misses a few crucial ones after the season starts.

Anyone have any comments or observations on the new PAT (extra point) rules?

Lilith

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2015, 10:49:25 PM
Is the show going to be archived anywhere?, I'm seldom home for any of the BellGab affiliated podcasts and Saturday at 5pm is especially tough but I'd like to hear this one

I would like them to be archived too if possible!

LOTS of fun, thank you eddie-dean and themudking!

sydtron

Bears/Colts-  I was there! 

Lucas Oil is an amazing stadium.   Bathrooms where you need them, when you need them.   Hot dogs are superb!  Wee Mac for $10??  I had one. it was great!  But after that I had straight Budweiser ($7.50).  Not a bad seat in the house.  Bears kicked the Colts ass!!   Cutler threw no Ints.   Lets hope they can keep this inertia up for the regular season!!

Quote from: sydtron on August 23, 2015, 12:19:08 AM
...   Lets hope they can keep this inertia up for the regular season!!

Sumpthin tells me they will

eddie dean

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2015, 10:56:48 PM
I listened to a little of the Raider game in the car, they have a former Cal kicker named Giorgio Tavecchio who is accurate and can put it out of the end zone on kickoffs.  He's gone to camp with several teams the past couple of years - teams that already had a good veteran kicker - but hasn't stuck or been signed by anyone.

I don't think Oakland has cap issues yet, but unloading Janikowski's contract might make sense, esp if they could trade him for a pick.  If not someone else ought to give the kid a look when their kicker misses a few crucial ones after the season starts.

I'm still upset Denver cut Matt Prater last season. Granted he was suspended by the league for 4 or 6 games for substance abuse/DUI, but that guy is a solid kicker w/ a strong leg.  The Lions picked him up & have a good kicker.

Janikowski!  That guy is a freek of nature! I'm convinced that he is a cyborg. How long has he been in the league, 20 years?
He was kicking +55 yrd bombs when Elway was still in the league

If Tavecchio is as good as you say, he will get picked up by someone.

eddie dean

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2015, 10:57:21 PM
Anyone have any comments or observations on the new PAT (extra point) rules?

We did indeed.

The show will be posted tomorrow. MV is making some adjustments on ufoship so we can post it.  Once that's worked out, the show will be available for download the same night we broadcast it.

eddie dean

Quote from: brig on August 23, 2015, 12:14:05 AM
I would like them to be archived too if possible!

LOTS of fun, thank you eddie-dean and themudking!

Thank you kindly!

eddie dean

Quote from: sydtron on August 23, 2015, 12:19:08 AM
Bears/Colts-  I was there! 

Lucas Oil is an amazing stadium.   Bathrooms where you need them, when you need them.   Hot dogs are superb!  Wee Mac for $10??  I had one. it was great!  But after that I had straight Budweiser ($7.50).  Not a bad seat in the house.  Bears kicked the Colts ass!!   Cutler threw no Ints.   Lets hope they can keep this inertia up for the regular season!!

No int's by Cutler huh?  He must be ill or something!  ;) ;D

Another player I was upset over loosing when Denver traded him for Kyle Orton.  10 years ago I was convinced that Cutler & his rocket arm, would have lead Da Bearssss to a super bowl or two by now. Wrong about that one!
The Bears will be much improved this season. Maybe not playoffs, due to the NFC North division, but John Fox will get Cutler in line and the locker room united

WhiteCrow

No joy in Titletown today, with possible season ending blown ACL, for our much beloved Jordy Nelson.