"Now ur cooking with mustard."

"I was the last guy to see Jimmy Hoffa alive and I interviewed him."

#1 of all time....
"Could it be Angels?"
GNS NOW, THEN AND FOREVER.

"He smokes like a fish."

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 14 on April 04, 2019, 02:31:40 PM
I think Mercury was in Taurus or something when he was born according to his natal chart - twisted tongue syndrome.  Something has to keep him humble.  And us entertained.

That would explain his preference for Ford products.  I understand he still drives an Edsal.

Morgus

Looking at next week's c2cam schedule, I see Noory is going to do another of his stupid "Secret Door" shows... :o

Quote from: ItsOver on April 03, 2019, 09:44:21 AM
Can there be any doubt?

An award winner, too.  George Clooney, eat your heart out.

George looks worn out. Maybe he should visit the Hawaii studio and get some color and rest.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Morgus on April 04, 2019, 09:13:23 PM
Looking at next week's c2cam schedule, I see Noory is going to do another of his stupid "Secret Door" shows... :o

Linda Molton Howe?

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 04, 2019, 09:56:39 PM
George looks worn out. Maybe he should visit the Hawaii studio and get some color and rest.
He needs to make sure he takes the escalator, too.

Jojo

Cute bumper music:  Under my Thumb and Come Undone.  Sounds like a big hangnail though.

Jojo

What is wrong with this man?  If a pet died a cruel death, I don't want to hear about it at 1AM.  This isn't college overnight true confessions where students use each other as sounding boards while they figure out their own adult value systems.  No, this is national radio & I don't want to hear stupidities in which animals (or children or anyone) are traumatized.

A.  George, suffice it to say a pet died because you underestimated the type of enclosure it needed.  No need to describe the pet or trauma.

B.  Or suffice it to say you had a baby hamster that shocked your dad in the bathroom.  No need to mention the death.

These are the only two options for a grown man speaking to an adult audience in the middle of the night.  You simply don't go on & on describing the pet and describing in morbid detail how it died, especially if you were complicit in its loss of life.  It was a mother's baby, you know.  BTW, it sounded like the pet was grossly objectified during the retelling of how its body ended up, as if the inconvenience to your dad was more important than the loss of life.  You didn't even say if it died fast.  BUT DO NOT TELL US RIGHT NOW.  The moment has passed & also should not come again.

You must be able to summarize personal stories while trimming them to minimize the effect of gross trauma on the listener.

Tom knew where the topic would go.  He must have known you would end up looking indiscreet, offensive, & not smart.  You learned the lesson of what size wire to use to enclose a pet in childhood.  Let it stay in childhood & when you mention it, do it as an ADULT in adult terms (A or B).

Hells Mole

The Noory Code with your host Hell's Mole-
-------------------------------------------------------
Tonight on C2CAM: Deciphering the hidden meanings secreted from the mouth of a worker in the light-

George Noory (to guest): "Whadda'ya take about that?"-

Likely attempted idiom: "What is your take on that?"-

Translation: What is your opinion on the subject matter at hand based on the alleged facts you have presented?

Lilith

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 06, 2019, 03:02:04 AM
Tonight on C2CAM: Deciphering the hidden meanings secreted from the mouth of a worker in the light-

Translation: What is your opinion on the subject matter at hand based on the alleged facts you have presented?

Sounds like I missed a good one.

ItsOver

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 06, 2019, 03:02:04 AM

Ha!  Thank yeeewww!

Mels-hole1984

Connie Willis just referred to George Noory as a living legend. Yeah... a living legend at sucking ass as a radio host and ruining a beloved show. But hey! You can get his autograph too!

My god is this woman awful. It's a fucking cringe-a-thon.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 07, 2019, 01:18:51 AM
My god is this woman awful. It's a fucking cringe-a-thon.
I think PremRat likes her because she almost makes Jorch look good.  I caught the last part of "Somewhere in Time" and then got hit with the first few minutes of Connie "The Giggler" Witless.  Talk about falling off a cliff in quality.  A 21 year old show still sounded light years better than C2C with a Jorch fill-in.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on April 07, 2019, 07:40:28 AM
I think PremRat likes her because she almost makes Jorch look good.  I caught the last part of "Somewhere in Time" and then got hit with the first few minutes of Connie "The Giggler" Witless.  Talk about falling off a cliff in quality.  A 21 year old show still sounded light years better than C2C with a Jorch fill-in.

Poor Robert Zubrin must have wondered what he'd done to deserve those two hours.  I did get a chuckle out of her being somewhat speechless when Zubrin said he'd never heard of Bob Lazar.

I can't imagine George and Tommy taking Coast any lower. Tonight's guest is a ............. HOLISTIC OPTOMETRIST ...... to of course discuss something the guest dreamed up called holistic optometry. It's a fucking SNL sketch is what it is.

Mels-hole1984

Jesus Christ!!! I tuned in on a Sunday hoping to hear George Knapp or Ian Punnett....Nope! George Noory! Can't this guy take a day off? He sucks all week, does he have ruin my weekends too? Fuck!

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 07, 2019, 11:46:03 PM
I can't imagine George and Tommy taking Coast any lower. Tonight's guest is a ............. HOLISTIC OPTOMETRIST ...... to of course discuss something the guest dreamed up called holistic optometry. It's a fucking SNL sketch is what it is.
Jorch's beloved Super Suck Sunday!  Wait, it gets even better for Tuesday with...

Secret Door Special XX

Who’s behind the secret door? George Noory will welcome surprise guests who will discuss a variety of topics. George will guess who each guest is based on their voice.

Somebody needs to tell PremRat there just aren't that many 5 year olds staying up for late night radio.

Lilith

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on April 08, 2019, 01:33:51 AM
Jesus Christ!!! I tuned in on a Sunday hoping to hear George Knapp or Ian Punnett....Nope! George Noory! Can't this guy take a day off? He sucks all week, does he have ruin my weekends too? Fuck!

#sad

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on April 08, 2019, 01:33:51 AM

It's kinda' sad that a portion of your life revolves around the schedule of a radio star . . .
George didn't ruin your weekend . . . . you ruined it.
Listen to George . . . he has improved on a near perfect radio manner.
Don't be sad . . .

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on April 06, 2019, 11:41:47 PM
Connie Willis just referred to George Noory as a living legend. Yeah... a living legend at sucking ass as a radio host and ruining a beloved show. But hey! You can get his autograph too!

It's George's show . . .
Whatever he does will be enjoyable and pleasant. You have the option of listening and learning, or not listening and remaining uninformed.
Life's full of choices . . .

Jojo

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 08, 2019, 11:15:22 AM
It's kinda' sad that a portion of your life revolves around the schedule of a radio star . . .
George didn't ruin your weekend . . . . you ruined it.
Listen to George . . . he has improved on a near perfect radio manner.
Don't be sad . . .
How would you like your morning beverage ruined twice in a weekend?

Jojo

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 08, 2019, 11:20:59 AM
It's George's show . . .
Whatever he does will be enjoyable and pleasant. You have the option of listening and learning, or not listening and remaining uninformed.
Life's full of choices . . .
You sound just like him.  A while back, I read all your posts to see if you were him.  I determined you're probably not him.  But your writing style matches his.  Maybe you have some of his DNA. 

You make a good point.  I stopped crying a long time ago.  We can't let George ruin our days or lives.  With his first house Scorpio, and his prominent Leo, he can be very destructive at times - usually when he wants to be.

There are other ways to get informed, even from the same network.  One of my friends likes Thom Hartmann.

But overall, you are right.  We should take what we like and leave the rest.  AFTER WE METAPHORICALLY RIP HIM UP!  It's a heck of a lot easier to stop crying over him, after dishing out a few verbal punches.

People listen up -- When George plays, "You make a grown man cry", he could be talking to us.  POSTERS, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

albrecht

Norry used another malapropism the other night. Weeding and was listening and he said at one point "edging on" instead of "egging on." The guy seems to have English as a second language, going with my theory that English was not language spoken at home.  Strange. He was good with Richtel however, Richtel seems to know how to control the interview.

LuLu

Quote from: 14 on April 08, 2019, 12:30:15 PM
You sound just like him.  A while back, I read all your posts to see if you were him.  I determined you're probably not him.  But your writing style matches his.  Maybe you have some of his DNA. 

You make a good point.  I stopped crying a long time ago.  We can't let George ruin our days or lives.  With his first house Scorpio, and his prominent Leo, he can be very destructive at times - usually when he wants to be.

There are other ways to get informed, even from the same network.  One of my friends likes Thom Hartmann.

But overall, you are right.  We should take what we like and leave the rest.  AFTER WE METAPHORICALLY RIP HIM UP!  It's a heck of a lot easier to stop crying over him, after dishing out a few verbal punches.

People listen up -- When George plays, "You make a grown man cry", he could be talking to us.  POSTERS, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Why are you crying over a stranger? A stranger who likely has no idea you even exist beyond what interactions you likely initiate, which are probably lost in a sea other emails and promptly forgotten? That's weird, man. Bordering on obsession,really. Cry over people you actually know.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: 14 on April 08, 2019, 12:30:15 PM

Thank you for your kind words . . . . and yes, I do sound like him. Our singing voices are almost identical. He can hit the lower notes more consistently than I can presently. Working on it !
George has a great stage presence . . . something I strive for.
George is a great inspiration . . .

Morgus

I see on the c2c schedule at the website, that Friday night Noory is doing one of his "tributes" this time for Art Bell on the one year anniversary of his passing.  But its just a replay of a clip for the last half hour of the show from part of an old Art Bell interview with Dannion Brinkley...