• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Corona Kitty

Quote from: trostol on January 03, 2017, 05:33:02 PM
i am now picturing out resident artists shopping Richard face into Luther's body from the Warriors

"HOOOOOagiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie , come out to pla-ay!"

I'll photoshop one if no one else does.

Jackstar

So there I was, innocently watching some historical documentary, and the narrator suddenly starts going on about Hoagland and nineteen point five.

Awkward. So I thought I'd share it here.

expat

Quote from: Jackstar on January 04, 2017, 11:27:58 AM
So there I was, innocently watching some historical documentary, and the narrator suddenly starts going on about Hoagland and nineteen point five.

May his narrator's tongue turn black and drop off.

Jupiter's red spot is centered at 22°S
Olympus Mons is centered at 18.65°N
Neptune's Dark Spots come and go every few years. None of them have been observed at 19.5° either N or S, other than the one that was observed by Voyager 2 at 25°S and then drifted north before dissipating.

He got one right -- Mauna Loa. In that regard he did better than Hoagland himself, who wrote Mauna Kea by mistake (Dark Mission 2nd edn, p.91)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: expat on January 04, 2017, 12:39:01 PM
May his narrator's tongue turn black and drop off.

Neptune's Dark Spots come and go every few years. None of them have been observed at 19.5° either N or S, other than the one that was observed by Voyager 2 at 25°S and then drifted north before dissipating.

He got one right -- Mauna Loa. In that regard he did better than Hoagland himself, who wrote Mauna Kea by mistake (Dark Mission 2nd edn, p.91)

Apart from all your pedantry though, it was spot on?  :)

zeebo

Ok so we'll just call it 19.5-ish.

Jackstar

Those all seem close enough (isn't the GRS an ellipse?) to indicate that it's a real thing that Hoagland is being secretly paid to lie about.

expat

Quote from: Jackstar on January 04, 2017, 01:05:35 PM

Those all seem close enough (isn't the GRS an ellipse?) to indicate that it's a real thing that Hoagland is being secretly paid to lie about.

Sure the 19.5 latitude passes through the GRS but then so does the 20, the 20.5, the 21, the 22.7....etc etc. Hoagland's analysis is NOT SCIENCE.

SciFiAuthor

I take it Hoagland is still on hiatus. Why the fuck doesn't he just do a podcast like everyone else?

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 04, 2017, 06:18:00 PM
I take it Hoagland is still on hiatus. Why the fuck doesn't he just do a podcast like everyone else?

Fuck you!  You're on hiatus.  Oh...Hello there.  :D  ;)  ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ShayP on January 04, 2017, 06:19:59 PM
Fuck you!  You're on hiatus.  Oh...Hello there.  :D  ;)  ;D

I am not! I've just been posting mainly in the politics threads. I wish Hoagland would come back, I want to start a podcast where my imaging panel looks for messages from aliens in Hoagland's hair.   

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 04, 2017, 06:29:42 PM
I am not! I've just been posting mainly in the politics threads. I wish Hoagland would come back, I want to start a podcast where my imaging panel looks for messages from aliens in Hoagland's hair.

Das ist interessant!  I wonder what we would find on his scalp.  Arcologies created by the crystals formed by excessive hair products?  Hmmm....

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ShayP on January 04, 2017, 06:32:46 PM
Das ist interessant!  I wonder what we would find on his scalp.  Arcologies created by the crystals formed by excessive hair products?  Hmmm....

For all we know, Hoagland's hair is an alien face hugger that's taken up residence and is making him spout craziness. Or it's a racoon.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 04, 2017, 06:36:28 PM
For all we know, Hoagland's hair is an alien face hugger that's taken up residence and is making him spout craziness. Or it's a racoon.

The real poop is that his hair is part of his underlying adamantium frame.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on January 04, 2017, 01:18:02 PM
Hoagland's analysis is NOT SCIENCE.

You know who was a scientist? Eugene Mallove.

Look what doing SCIENCE gets one.

expat

Quote from: Jackstar on January 04, 2017, 07:09:36 PM
You know who was a scientist? Eugene Mallove.

Look what doing SCIENCE gets one.

Yes, poor man. But you know, you should really have written "Look what binning your tenants' possessions gets you -- if the son of your tenants is a criminal thug*"

*Chad Shaffer, pled guilty to manslaughter, now serving 16 years.

Soylentblue

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 04, 2017, 06:18:00 PM

Cause it adds to the mystery?

Cause you always want more that which you cannot have?

Cause he is doing his best Art Bell imitation and is being stalked/threatened on his compound?

Cause he is mentoring Heather whats her name to replace him?

Ciardelo

Did Jaz ever call into Hoaxy's show? Asking for a friend.

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on January 05, 2017, 08:49:02 AM
But you know, you should really have written

Perhaps, but my check from The Company to participate in their relentless rewriting of history hasn't arrived yet.

Quote from: expat on January 05, 2017, 08:49:02 AM
*Chad Shaffer, pled guilty to manslaughter, now serving 16 years.

I'm sure the documents are in place.

Jackstar

Quote from: Soylentblue on January 05, 2017, 02:31:49 PM
Cause it adds to the mystery?

Cause you always want more that which you cannot have?

Cause he is doing his best Art Bell imitation and is being stalked/threatened on his compound?

Cause he is mentoring Heather whats her name to replace him?

Waiting for Godot the script

Morgus

I see Robin Falkov had Hoagie as her guest on her streaming show this morning.
Did anyone listen and hear the announcement from Hoagie that was supposed to happen?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Morgus on January 05, 2017, 06:23:11 PM
Did anyone listen and hear the announcement from Hoagie that was supposed to happen?
If he had any kind of announcement other than "big deal is coming!" he should have posted the audio on his site. Right? So Imma say no, he had no announcement.

akwilly

Quote from: Morgus on January 05, 2017, 06:23:11 PM
didn't hear it but I will stick a car up my ass if he says they're having a baby

norland2424

Quote from: akwilly on January 05, 2017, 09:55:57 PM
didn't hear it but I will stick a car up my ass if he says they're having a baby

Actually hoagie knocked uped Arts wife.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 04, 2017, 06:36:28 PM

My people are a noble and proud race. We don't associate with frauds, sir. Good day.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: rekcuf on January 05, 2017, 10:03:01 PM
My people are a noble and proud race. We don't associate with frauds, sir. Good day.

Great, the SJW's are in space too.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 08, 2017, 06:03:03 PM
Great, the SJW's are in space too.
Hi there, Sci-Fi.

Don't know whether you like these, but here ya are if ya want 'em. ;) ;D