• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

EvB

Quote from: Scully on May 10, 2011, 10:20:20 PM

Long story short, I exchanged several more emails with a very snippy Knapp.  He felt I was trying to tell him what to do.  I insisted I was just giving him my input as a dedicated fan.  Really surprised me.  My experience is that when someone takes such easy offense from someone who intends none, they are already under the pressure of someone else's great big thumb.   :P

So glad you said that.   it's what was nagging at the back of my mind as I read the first part of  your post.  I mean, seriously, he chided you for taking the time to offer your feedback as a fan, not a hater? Really?

>mumbling and shaking my head<

Scully

Quote from: EvB on May 11, 2011, 12:14:05 AM
So glad you said that.   it's what was nagging at the back of my mind as I read the first part of  your post.  I mean, seriously, he chided you for taking the time to offer your feedback as a fan, not a hater? Really?

>mumbling and shaking my head<

As I live and breathe, that is the gospel truth. He really must have a burr under his saddle, and this went on for several days. He really seemed to want to make it a point that I shouldn't have said I was disappointed in his program. I pointed out that I am just a fan of his, and that I had no ulterior motive for writing to him, and want to see him continue to enjoy the high ratings he has with so many of us.

While I'm on a roll here, I'll tell another little story that sticks in my craw bigtime.  An online friend of mine who is crazy about Art Bell emailed Ian Punnett a while back and said she wondered if Art's back problems were really the reason he had to leave Coast.  Ian emailed her back and said he was throwing her email in the trash where it and she belonged. She's still traumatized.

These are just stories, and I'm the first to be skeptical as to what really happened when I hear things like this myself.  I always imagine the writer must have been really nasty in what they said.  I can't prove either of the stories here, but I believe my friend and I KNOW what happened to me.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Scully on May 11, 2011, 12:37:17 AM

While I'm on a roll here, I'll tell another little story that sticks in my craw bigtime.  An online friend of mine who is crazy about Art Bell emailed Ian Punnett a while back and said she wondered if Art's back problems were really the reason he had to leave Coast.  Ian emailed her back and said he was throwing her email in the trash where it and she belonged. She's still traumatized.

These are just stories, and I'm the first to be skeptical as to what really happened when I hear things like this myself.  I always imagine the writer must have been really nasty in what they said.  I can't prove either of the stories here, but I believe my friend and I KNOW what happened to me.

Not the first time I've heard this about Ian, he apparently views constructive criticism tantamount to outright denigration. Oversensitive sorts must be Premiere's ideal hosts. Too bad Knapp has sunk into this mold as well.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 11, 2011, 01:42:46 AM
    Not the first time I've heard this about Ian, he apparently views constructive criticism tantamount to outright denigration. Oversensitive sorts must be Premiere's ideal hosts. Too bad Knapp has sunk into this mold as well.

Or maybe someone else is opening and answering the e-mail accounts?

Or maybe they've both been overrun with stalker fans?

Or maybe they got sucked into the Premiere portal.................... :'(

valdez

Arguably one the most interesting guest on c2c this year.  Not having anything good to say about this country, Blake Sawyer is certain that within ten years 90% of the U.S. population will be dead.  Period.  The "why" is a little vague.  A combination of NWO shenanigans, pestilence, locust, volcano's, chupacabra abductions, and all the other usual suspects.  His website provides detailed information on the best countries to flee to, and how to do it.  The top five are in South America.  Argentina is numero uno.  Full access to his site is $29.95.  A scam?  Considering you can probably find the same information elsewhere for free, sure.  A fear monger?  Oh hell yeah, but I admired his cold blooded, straight forward attitude.  Ultimately, I don't think I want to watch the destruction of America from anywhere else but here.  You go on without me, Blake, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

aldousburbank

Quote from: valdez on May 16, 2011, 07:08:31 PM

Arguably one the most interesting guest on c2c this year. 

A fear monger?  Oh hell yeah, but I admired his cold blooded, straight forward attitude.   

Agreed!

morphiaflow

I heard a bit of Knapp's show last night and was...deeply disappointed. Knapp has always seemed to be the most grounded and journalistic of all the C2C hosts, even more so than Art. He's dry, he tends to stick to the more plausible topics and guests, and he takes a reasonable, rational outlook, as much as one can on a show like C2C.

So to hear a guest on a KNAPP show talking about NWO/Illuminati/Global Elite population control was deeply disappointing. I can hear about all of that--along with abiotic oil, young earth "science", environmental denial, and other fringe-right political, religious, social and "scienctific" theory, on pretty much any Noory show. Knapp seemed to be the last bastion of credibility Coast had left, but for me at least, that credibility is eroding faster than I'd like it to.

And I just don't understand why. He's a smart man. It's sad.

Scully

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 16, 2011, 09:12:37 PM
I heard a bit of Knapp's show last night and was...deeply disappointed. Knapp has always seemed to be the most grounded and journalistic of all the C2C hosts, even more so than Art. He's dry, he tends to stick to the more plausible topics and guests, and he takes a reasonable, rational outlook, as much as one can on a show like C2C.

So to hear a guest on a KNAPP show talking about NWO/Illuminati/Glabal Elite population control was deeply disappointing. I can hear about all of that--along with abiotic oil, young earth "science", environmental denial, and other fringe-right political, religious, social and "scienctific" theory, on pretty much any Noory show. Knapp seemed to be the last bastion of credibility Coast had left, but for me at least, that credibility is eroding faster than I'd like it to.

And I just don't understand why. He's a smart man. It's sad.

This is what I've been noticing too, Morphia.

It seems to me that Knapp has a contract.  The Powers That Be are now insisting that he follow their party line. In order to keep drawing a paycheck, that's what he's doing.

I think that's why he was so testy a few of his shows back when I emailed him to say I hated to see him following into the same territory George Noory has gone into. It made Knapp angry.  I'd say his hands are tied.  :(

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on May 16, 2011, 10:14:31 PM

This is what I've been noticing too, Morphia.

It seems to me that Knapp has a contract.  The Powers That Be are now insisting that he follow their party line. In order to keep drawing a paycheck, that's what he's doing.

I think that's why he was so testy a few of his shows back when I emailed him to say I hated to see him following into the same territory George Noory has gone into. It made Knapp angry.  I'd say his hands are tied.  :(

Scully has a point here.  They have that huge production staff now and they have to be doing something.  They are out beating the bushes finding guests.  Knapp doesn't have time to beg people to be on Coast.  So he pretty much is stuck with what they give him.  You know he'd much rather be talking about the UFO situation. 

I noticed that he was irritated by the guy, for example, he got a little testy when the guest answered that the top safest country was "proprietary information" and people could get all the info from his website.  Knapp said, "Look, we have to give the audience something here."   So then he "reveals" the top five country and then won't tell which one he lives in.  I didn't care for him.  He reminded me of someone who puts together the correct scenario for the Titanic and knows it's going to sink.  So he goes around trying to sell people maps to the lifeboats.  If you are so sure the thing is going down, why don't you give the information for free and let people donate what they can afford to help you get the word out and save lives.

Bastard.

Anagrammy

I agree that the 5-15 show was a dud.  For the first time, I turned off the radio when George Knapp was the host.  The conspiracy nut was just too much to take.  I too think Knapp is basically forced to interview whoever the loony tunes at C2C provide.  I could tell (before I turned off the radio) that he thought this guy was a scam artist.  It is a shame that Knapp is forced to do such shows.  I hope his reputation as a reporter does not take a hit for being associated with such scum.  I would not be surprised to see him resign rather than be part of such drivel.

b_dubb

I don't think Ian bothers to read his coast email. Why would he?

anagrammy

The Knapster is on with Shirley MacLaine now.  Anybody listening with me?

Anagrammy

yea.  I liked her.  It was pretty cool stuff. I want Knappster to make the Maclaine/Ventura show/meeting happen.

Lunger

Quote from: anagrammy on May 22, 2011, 11:14:47 PM
The Knapster is on with Shirley MacLaine now.  Anybody listening with me?

Anagrammy

Shirley Maclaine was my first love ( although she didn't know..... )

--> John Goldfarb, please come home
-->  Irma la Douce

b_dubb

Quote from: Lunger on May 23, 2011, 02:44:40 PM

Shirley Maclaine was my first love ( although she didn't know..... )

--> John Goldfarb, please come home
-->  Irma la Douce
she was great in The Apartment

Roger

Interesting little tangent started by onan and treading-water.

keep it 'deep' bros!

anagrammy

Do you guys think George Knapp has his game back?  Was it a temporary slough?  Scully, have you emailed lately? 

The hosts seem to be on a roller coaster ride.  It reminds me of how it was when I worked for a company that was maybe being sold, then maybe not, then maybe had an investor, then maybe not.  Everybody was edgy and there was a Ren-and-Stimpy kind of work environment caused by instability.

Anagrammy

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on May 28, 2011, 11:21:08 AM
Do you guys think George Knapp has his game back?  Was it a temporary slough?  Scully, have you emailed lately? 

The hosts seem to be on a roller coaster ride.  It reminds me of how it was when I worked for a company that was maybe being sold, then maybe not, then maybe had an investor, then maybe not.  Everybody was edgy and there was a Ren-and-Stimpy kind of work environment caused by instability.

Anagrammy

I enjoyed the Knapp show very much this time.  I thought he was a little intimidated by Shirley McLaine (who wouldn't be?), but still gave a good interview.  With his second guest he got his groove back, and was his former enjoyable self. I'd bet the rent money that Knapp was solely responsible for getting McLaine, as well as reverting to C2C-type programming.

I emailed Knapp right after his show to offer him kudos on his excellence in both topics and methods.  Never heard a word back.

Since Noory has been obviously trying harder to stay awake lately and to be even more annoyingly "chipper," in combination with Knapp's ups and downs, I'd say you're on target, Ana. Someone seems to be stirring the pot at C2C.  ;)

morphiaflow

I'm going to post this here and on the Art Quits thread. It probably has nothing to do with the last few comments, but you never know.

Art's latest cryptic post from his Facebook page (yes Ana I know you remain skeptical...)

"The quickening is rapidly moving now on all fronts for anybody with open eyes"

This is a few posts above his asking aid in bringing down 2 other fake Art pages.

Just FYI...

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on May 28, 2011, 08:39:41 PM

I enjoyed the Knapp show very much this time.  I thought he was a little intimidated by Shirley McLaine (who wouldn't be?), but still gave a good interview.  With his second guest he got his groove back, and was his former enjoyable self. I'd bet the rent money that Knapp was solely responsible for getting McLaine, as well as reverting to C2C-type programming.

I emailed Knapp right after his show to offer him kudos on his excellence in both topics and methods.  Never heard a word back.

Since Noory has been obviously trying harder to stay awake lately and to be even more annoyingly "chipper," in combination with Knapp's ups and downs, I'd say you're on target, Ana. Someone seems to be stirring the pot at C2C.  ;)

Scully, I am remembering the surprisingly snippy responses you got to your critical email.  That tells us Knapp gets more complimentary ones that critical ones, a good thing.   Keep it up George, the ship is listing to port and we're counting on you!

Ana

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 11, 2011, 01:42:46 AM

Maybe Knapp just had a bad day (shrug). As for Punnett, I hopped off the love train some time ago, mainly for the reasons that you mentioned. He's way too defensive and sensitive. He went off on a guy for politely correcting him one night. Punnett made a common mistake about a historical event. The caller set the record straight, and Punnett attacked and condemned him, even though there was absolutely no doubt that the caller was right. It was an objective fact, not a subjective opinion. Punnett refused to admit that he was wrong because he *had* to be right, facts need not apply.

anagrammy

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 10, 2011, 11:52:40 PM
Maybe Knapp just had a bad day (shrug). As for Punnett, I hopped off the love train some time ago, mainly for the reasons that you mentioned. He's way too defensive and sensitive. He went off on a guy for politely correcting him one night. Punnett made a common mistake about a historical event. The caller set the record straight, and Punnett attacked and condemned him, even though there was absolutely no doubt that the caller was right. It was an objective fact, not a subjective opinion. Punnett refused to admit that he was wrong because he *had* to be right, facts need not apply.

Since there are no coincidences in Premiere-Land, something has to be causing these previously normal hosts into wailing open wounds if someone corrects or criticizes them.  What could it be?

Let's round up Alex Jones and David Icky for a panel on hybrid reptilians who cannot long tolerate the emotional climate of Premiere and can hardly keep up their shape shift.

Ana

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 11, 2011, 07:06:28 PM
Since there are no coincidences in Premiere-Land, something has to be causing these previously normal hosts into wailing open wounds if someone corrects or criticizes them.  What could it be?

Is there such a thing as manopause? Hence all the ads for testosterone pills.

anagrammy

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 12, 2011, 12:09:08 AM
Is there such a thing as manopause? Hence all the ads for testosterone pills.

At these moments, I miss Art Bell.  Someone criticized him, there would be a deep slow laugh and he would ask a question.  Not only was he not threatened, he didn't try to shut them up, quite the contrary, he liked to play with them.  They had no clue they were dealing with the master.  He would say, "Tell me more about that..."   and they would expound and he would ask, "when was the first time you (thought I was an idiot/hybrid/imposter)"  they would answer and he would go on, gently knitting their words into a convenient noose and when he had elicited numerous ridiculous statements from them, loops of illogic, non sequiturs and nonsense of all kinds, then they hung themselves. 

The Knappster is a seasoned journalist with confidence but without the disabling bloat of ego that we see with Noory, who actually calls his mock hostery a "regime."   

Regime change anyone?

Anagrammy

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 12, 2011, 07:12:34 AM
numerous ridiculous statements, loops of illogic, non sequiturs and nonsense of all kinds

Unfortunately, that description perfectly fits Bell's replacement. As for regime change, it'll take a coup to oust Noory.

b_dubb

Knapp sat out the recent Roswell show.  i'm guessing that's a sign he's going to bow out of  C2CAM hosting soon

anagrammy

Well, most of us think Knapp is the best host, but that was in the old regime where quality mattered.  Now that theirs a guy wearing a C2C host suit manning the microphone, not so much.  Don't think for a minute Knapp doesn't hear the career-ending ridicule rumble.  If the stank gets on him, it might impact his image of a respected journalist and a serious newsman with an actual future.

He, unlike Noory, still has somewhere to go in his career.  I'd like to see him on TV.  He should get a Roku channel.  LOVE my Roku--saves me paying the $$ to cable and I got to tell them off.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

can't remember if i recommended the Roku to you or not.  i love mine.  i also love not having to pay $70/month for cable

Scully

If I were Knapp, I would run, not walk, away from C2C, and just pray the stink wouldn't stick to my coat. :-[

fysisist

Quote from: Scully on June 14, 2011, 07:56:15 PM
If I were Knapp, I would run, not walk, away from C2C, and just pray the stink wouldn't stick to my coat. :-[

I can't disagree, but I hope he doesn't.  It's the only show that Knapp does for anybody outside the LV area, at least that I know about and I always look forward to it.  I think he draws a somewhat different audience than the regular sycophant C2C'ers anyway.