• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

True Capitalist Radio - The Ghost Show | Monday - Friday 4 - 7 PM CST

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 08, 2016, 08:20:04 PM

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 04:35:40 PM
I love love love that the engineered dressed up for the 500th episode and Ghost keeps making fun of him. It's so deliciously insane.
I just played about 40sec of the show into the phone when one of these political "survey" calls. It was to a live person who sounded confused.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on July 24, 2016, 04:40:03 PM
I just played about 40sec of the show into the phone when one of these political "survey" calls. It was to a live person who sounded confused.
LOL...TCR is perfect for that..."I deserve more respect, ass cracks!"

Someone in a different thread said his lines are full and they can't get in. I hope someone in that OG chatroom can get through. I can't believe what an underground success this show is. I didn't think things like this still existed in the internet age. The underground buzz and word of mouth on this show is insane.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 04:49:52 PM
Someone in a different thread said his lines are full and they can't get in. I hope someone in that OG chatroom can get through. I can't believe what an underground success this show is. I didn't think things like this still existed in the internet age.
I think the internet age helped it exist. In the past one could find some good ranters but usually only on local AM radio and usually in rural areas or sometimes on SW. But with the internet you can listen to anyone almost from anywhere in the world.
I do wish though he would have access on TuneIn or other apps instead of the awful popup website player. Because it is tough to listen on a phone (at least my phone.) And/or broadcast on our local 'pirate' station since he is based here (Ghost is not me.)

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 04:49:52 PM
Someone in a different thread said his lines are full and they can't get in. I hope someone in that OG chatroom can get through. I can't believe what an underground success this show is. I didn't think things like this still existed in the internet age. The underground buzz and word of mouth on this show is insane.

I'm on hold...

Quote from: albrecht on July 24, 2016, 04:52:47 PM
I think the internet age helped it exist. In the past one could find some good ranters but usually only on local AM radio and usually in rural areas or sometimes on SW. But with the internet you can listen to anyone almost from anywhere in the world.
I do wish though he would have access on TuneIn or other apps instead of the awful popup website player. Because it is tough to listen on a phone (at least my phone.) And/or broadcast on our local 'pirate' station since he is based here (Ghost is not me.)

This is an interesting discussion I've been wanting to have at some point. I would think of Ghost as the modern day equivalent to a short wave radio God like Bill Cooper. But his show is completely word of mouth and on such a terrible platform, his success is ridiculous. I have difficulty thinking of a similar thing. This is such a pirate dangerous fringey thing that is amazing. Ghost could probably pull down 500-1 mil listeners a day if he went to a mainstream platform and advertised his show. But it wouldn't be nearly this entertaining.

I agree, I wish his shows were on iTunes. He's losing out on so much audience only being on a BTR platform but he spent like 10-15 minutes talking his philosophy on this somewhere around 258-259. He wants to stay anon, keep his platform on BTR since it's the easiest and most independent for him and he thinks staying so pirate and having his content free is the best distribution model for what he wants to do.

zeebo

Haha I just tuned in at the last minute, and caught that ending rant.  Some caller musta really peeved him off.

Quote from: chefist on July 24, 2016, 05:01:18 PM
Isn't there an ITunes link on his page on BT?

It doesn't lead anywhere. I've looked for him in the iTunes store but couldn't find him.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 05:03:13 PM
It doesn't lead anywhere. I've looked for him in the iTunes store but couldn't find him.

I looked all over too...nada...I think that also lends to his brand...

LOL..."Skull Award"..."hard"..."accept"...hahahahahahahha ruined the award! LOL

Holy shit, third hour is lulzy. Ghost trying to accept an award and flipping out.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on July 24, 2016, 05:05:00 PM
I looked all over too...nada...I think that also lends to his brand...

LOL..."Skull Award"..."hard"..."accept"...hahahahahahahha ruined the award! LOL
I've looked in TuneIn and etc "live" radio apps and nothing. Apparently one must use the BTR live popup players (which sucks in cell phones, at least in mine) but the archives seem to work ok. But would like 'live' listening availability on some app (then you can do other stuff while listening.)

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 05:07:03 PM
Holy shit, third hour is lulzy. Ghost trying to accept an award and flipping out.

Man, thanks for letting everyone know about Ghost! It really is just amazing entertainment! The guy is super talented...

zeebo

I'm confused is the third hour always carried elsewhere?  Thought the show was over.  I'm a TCR noobie.

Quote from: zeebo on July 24, 2016, 05:10:56 PM
I'm confused is the third hour always carried elsewhere?  Thought the show was over.  I'm a TCR noobie.

You can call in and listen to it. Or you can find a chat room like the one I posted a minute ago or there's a bunch all over the net to listen.

I don't know why it's that way, it's weird. I think what happens is Ghost buys two hours of live air time from BTR and then the rest becomes a recording/podcast? I was reading through BTR's service since I was trying to figure out why Ghost uses it when I found the show.

mikuthing01

Quote from: zeebo on July 24, 2016, 05:10:56 PM

His show is always 2 hours I think you need a direct link to the stream to hear the third hour because he gets cut off from blogtalkradio? Third hour does not always last an hour some times he gets so upset at trolls he cuts off early.

zeebo

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 05:13:15 PM
You can call in and listen to it. Or you can find a chat room like the one I posted a minute ago or there's a bunch all over the net to listen.

Thanks VQ, ok.  I've got enough to learn with all the new terminology I'm hearing.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 05:13:15 PM

I don't know why it's that way, it's weird. I think what happens is Ghost buys two hours of live air time from BTR and then the rest becomes a recording/podcast? I was reading through BTR's service since I was trying to figure out why Ghost uses it when I found the show.
As far as I know he doesn't have commercials or is hawking some products. And if what you are saying is true one has to actually buy time from BTR? If so, what is his motivation? Fun, spread his message (if he believes it,) just for shits and giggles, etc?

chefist

Quote from: mikuthing01 on July 24, 2016, 05:13:27 PM
His show is always 2 hours I think you need a direct link to the stream to hear the third hour because he gets cut off from blogtalkradio? Third hour does not always last an hour some times he gets so upset at trolls he cuts off early.

He probably uses the $39/month package that gives 2 hours of broadcasting...

https://secure.blogtalkradio.com/register.aspx?aid=CRMTS

zeebo

Quote from: mikuthing01 on July 24, 2016, 05:13:27 PM
...Third hour does not always last an hour some times he gets so upset at trolls he cuts off early.

Haha that just makes it more awesome.

Quote from: albrecht on July 24, 2016, 05:15:55 PM
As far as I know he doesn't have commercials or is hawking some products. And if what you are saying is true one has to actually buy time from BTR? If so, what is his motivation? Fun, spread his message (if he believes it,) just for shits and giggles, etc?

His BTR page has ads up the ass and there's a 15 second commercial that plays at the beginning of his podcast. So he's probably making some nice side money from this show assuming he's pulling down 50-100k listeners a day between his podcast and live show. If it's like YouTube money, he could be making low four figures a week from it. He also clearly gets off on it and enjoys it.  ;D

Quote from: zeebo on July 24, 2016, 05:17:14 PM
Haha that just makes it more awesome.

It's the only show I've seen where you have to work to listen to him.

Hey if anyone gets through, throw a BellGab shoutout.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 05:19:58 PM
Yeah. Sorta cool and interesting strategy. Like a gal playing hard to get.

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 24, 2016, 05:19:58 PM

Hey if anyone gets through, throw a BellGab shoutout.

I wonder if a ghostgab exists somewhere on the net.