• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 01, 2019, 06:24:38 AM
No, the bulk of the net would go to George.  The two staffers would just get their salary, plus the travel expenses already accounted for.  Tommy as producer of the event would probably get a percentage of the net, maybe 20%. So George would get 80%, or $20000 if the event sold out.
A tidy little sum for Jorch and Norcom Entertainment, Inc., for a few hours of dorking around on stage.  It looks to be a better return for Jorch than what he gets for his nightly radio train wreck.  Plus, he gets to live out his Walter Mitty delusion of being a big star.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on May 01, 2019, 07:45:13 AM
A tidy little sum for Jorch and Norcom Entertainment, Inc., for a few hours of dorking around on stage.  It looks to be a better return for Jorch than what he gets for his nightly radio train wreck.  Plus, he gets to live out his Walter Mitty delusion of being a big star.

Indeed.  None of our business of course, but is Tommy an employee of Premiere or Norcom? I would think all his efforts associated with C2C are in the employment of Premiere, but those outside C2C are either as George's employee or as an independent contractor/producer. Just a guess, but his gig as George's flunky nets him a comfortable, low six figure salary in total.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: ItsOver on May 01, 2019, 07:45:13 AM

He's quite Tony Bennett-ish . . . . . with a younger, better voice.
George has a singing career !

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 01, 2019, 10:54:06 AM
He's quite Tony Bennett-ish . . . . . with a younger, better voice.
George has a singing career !

So did Tiny Tim.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 01, 2019, 08:21:29 AM
Indeed.  None of our business of course, but is Tommy an employee of Premiere or Norcom?...
He's a Premiere employee, as a producer, but I don't know about Norcom.  He also has the infamous Danheiser/ Wagner Entertainment set-up.  Probably some kind of Mafia ops, too. Money laundering, "insurance," etc. ;) ;)

http://newmag.hollywoodghosthuntersmag.com/2018/07/23/someone-you-should-know-tom-danheiser/

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on May 01, 2019, 02:07:39 PM
He's a Premiere employee, as a producer, but I don't know about Norcom.  He also has the infamous Danheiser/ Wagner Entertainment set-up.  Probably some kind of Mafia ops, too. Money laundering, "insurance," etc. ;) ;)

http://newmag.hollywoodghosthuntersmag.com/2018/07/23/someone-you-should-know-tom-danheiser/
Pretty sure Tom's company produces George's things.  Like a contract.  Nothing to do with the office.  In the Insider online moderated chat, I think George once said that he is not required to do so many outside enterprises, but that it does help keep Premiere happy.  By the way, that is a wonderful photo of Tom in that link.  I never knew until I read the link that St. Jude's gets the profits from Snorry T-shirts, etc...  Thanks for the link.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 01, 2019, 11:32:13 AM
So did Tiny Tim.

Tony and George are somewhat handsome . . . . Tiny Tim, maybe not so much.
Your comparison is lacking a little bit  . . . ?

Morgus

For the first hour last night, Noory had on Dr. Michio Kaku as the guest.
Noory started right off asking him about Art Bell since this was the first time Dr. Kaku was on c2cam since Art Bell's passing.
Later Noory started calling him "Michio" or "Dr. Michio" - kinda disrespectful, compared to how Art always called him only "Dr. Kaku"

Uncle Duke

Quote from: 14 on May 01, 2019, 04:17:52 PM
Pretty sure Tom's company produces George's things.  Like a contract.  Nothing to do with the office.

That's what I meant when I said outside C2C he operated as an independent contractor/producer.

There was one night a few years back George talked on air to Tommy about letting him do an open lines segment. I think the suggestion to do so came from a listener.  Tommy sounded interesting in doing it, George was somewhat noncommittal. Never heard it mentioned again, kinda like George's fund for down-on-their-luck listeners and the Hawaiian studio.

Jojo

Quote from: Morgus on May 01, 2019, 05:56:52 PM
Noory started right off asking him about Art Bell since this was the first time Dr. Kaku was on c2cam since Art Bell's passing.
Later Noory started calling him "Michio" or "Dr. Michio" - kinda disrespectful, compared to how Art always called him only "Dr. Kaku"
Hi, Morgus!

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 01, 2019, 06:27:20 PM
That's what I meant when I said outside C2C he operated as an independent contractor/producer.

There was one night a few years back George talked on air to Tommy about letting him do an open lines segment. I think the suggestion to do so came from a listener.  Tommy sounded interesting in doing it, George was somewhat noncommittal. Never heard it mentioned again, kinda like George's fund for down-on-their-luck listeners and the Hawaiian studio.
Oh, I see.  Tom has a great voice, with great inflection and annunciation.  He's always on the ball, doesn't miss a beat.   

Jojo

Pretty sure Tom's company produces George's things.  Like a contract.  Nothing to do with the office.  In the Insider online moderated chat, I think George once said that he is not required to do so many outside enterprises, but that it does help keep Premiere happy.  By the way, that is a wonderful photo of Tom in that link.  I never knew until I read the link that St. Jude's gets the profits from Snorry T-shirts, etc...  Thanks for the link.
Oops, the charity comes from Danheiser/Wagner Entertainment.

ItsOver

Yes, that's the Danheiser/ Wagner set-up Tommee works under for running Jorch's traveling circus.  You're welcome for the link.

ItsOver

Ha!  With Jorch's propensity for shortening names, I'm surprised he wasn't calling him "Mich" or "Doc Mich."  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: 14 on May 01, 2019, 08:45:16 PM
Oh, I see.  Tom has a great voice, with great inflection and annunciation.  He's always on the ball, doesn't miss a beat.
Yes, Tommee at least appears to be reasonably articulate.

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on May 02, 2019, 06:17:32 AM
Yes, Tommee at least appears to be reasonably articulate.

Tomee assaults people at conferences, just ask the women who filed stalker charges on Norry.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on May 02, 2019, 12:05:34 PM
Tomee assaults people at conferences, just ask the women who filed stalker charges on Norry.
And he's well-rounded, too!  :D

Mels-hole1984

I noticed that too and was thinking the same thing.

ItsOver

The next time Kaku is on with Jorch, Kaku should start talking about the greatest suckage known in the universe and see if Jorch can figure it out.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ItsOver on May 02, 2019, 12:23:43 PM
Yeah, Clyde was getting hyped up over the Navy and UFOs, the last time I listened.

https://www.groundzeromedia.org/4-26-19-ufo-a-need-to-know/

Knapp was all over it last Sunday. Him and LMH.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ItsOver on May 02, 2019, 06:08:15 AM
Yes, that's the Danheiser/ Wagner set-up Tommee works under for running Jorch's traveling circus.  You're welcome for the link.

Joorch had an odd interchange with a guest a little while back. Apropos of nothing (as is his wont), he started talking about how he never gets nervous before his live stage show events. He put this down to being made to perform for visitors to the family home when he was a boy.
He then said that when Tommee tells him they’re about to start the show, he’ll have ‘a little peek’ out front and if he can see empty seats, he’ll tell Tommee to hold the curtain. And Tommee will say, ‘No, George, it’s show time. We have to start.’ But Joorch will insist and, he says, the seats will always get taken. He implied he can’t go on unless it’s a full house which is a) weirdly arrogant b) unlikely to happen most of the time and c) thoroughly unprofessional.
He also seemed to say that showtime is 5pm, which is like retiree dinner time. I guess it’s to make time for the ‘meet n beat’ afterwards.
Where are the photos from all these glad-handing sessions, by the way? He seems to leave no digital footprint from his jamborees, which is almost impossible these days.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: ItsOver on May 02, 2019, 02:52:08 PM
The next time Kaku is on with Jorch, Kaku should start talking about the greatest suckage known in the universe and see if Jorch can figure it out.

Michio should break out into song, talk about his mothers cat, or share his recipe for pan fried brussel sprouts . . .
He could refer to George as 'Gorg'  . . . .  great chance to de-rail the show more than 'Gorg' does every night. . .   8)

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on May 02, 2019, 12:05:34 PM
Did he have the decency to ask her to step back, or leave, before manhandling her?

Jojo

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on May 02, 2019, 12:08:11 PM
Pretty wild: https://www.stripes.com/news/us/wow-what-is-that-man-navy-revamping-policy-for-ufo-reports-1.578341
Interesting.
Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 02, 2019, 02:20:47 PM
I noticed that too and was thinking the same thing.
So many listeners complain about his diminuating people's names.  Also, at the beginning of the show, he hesitated or stuttered, as if he wasn't sure he should use the title Doctor.
Quote from: NoMoreNoory on May 02, 2019, 09:29:14 PM
Joorch had an odd interchange with a guest a little while back. Apropos of nothing (as is his wont), he started talking about how he never gets nervous before his live stage show events. He put this down to being made to perform for visitors to the family home when he was a boy.
He then said that when Tommee tells him they’re about to start the show, he’ll have ‘a little peek’ out front and if he can see empty seats, he’ll tell Tommee to hold the curtain. And Tommee will say, ‘No, George, it’s show time. We have to start.’ But Joorch will insist and, he says, the seats will always get taken. He implied he can’t go on unless it’s a full house which is a) weirdly arrogant b) unlikely to happen most of the time and c) thoroughly unprofessional.
He also seemed to say that showtime is 5pm, which is like retiree dinner time. I guess it’s to make time for the ‘meet n beat’ afterwards.
Where are the photos from all these glad-handing sessions, by the way? He seems to leave no digital footprint from his jamborees, which is almost impossible these days.
He must need the money.  Have you seen the parts of his alleged credit report people have posted here?  The posts look totally authentic.  You might find some under the avatar Here We Go Again.

There are a lot of online photos of George glad handling, and alcohol has been very prominent in the photos.  In order to get event photos online, it helps to know the exact name of the event (if it's a conference), location and date.  Some of the photos end up on attendees' websites, or the website of the sponsor of the conference.

The photos get harder to access as time goes on.  I've also seen a lot on You Tube.  Seen him dancing with a drunk woman, dancing with a lady in green pants ("Houston's finest"  ::), etc...  The Coast to Coast website has event photos, but their search engine is difficult.  But, sometimes their photos come up on Google searches.

Dateline

Quote from: 14 on May 03, 2019, 12:03:57 AM
Did he have the decency to ask her to step back, or leave, before manhandling her?

I heard he came up from the back and in another incident he cornered her.  Regardless, she was the victim, and no one did anything about it. 

Who would want someone who does not pay their bills, lies, and drinks maybe functions, but always has a drink at side, and it is not water?

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on May 02, 2019, 09:29:14 PM
Joorch had an odd interchange with a guest a little while back. Apropos of nothing (as is his wont), he started talking about how he never gets nervous before his live stage show events. He put this down to being made to perform for visitors to the family home when he was a boy...

That must have been amusing... and strange. 

"Dance, little Jorchie...Dance! "

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on May 03, 2019, 06:31:51 AM

...Who would want someone who does not pay their bills, lies, and drinks maybe functions, but always has a drink at side, and it is not water?
Apparently, these two, at least long enough for a photo. ;)

Lilith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FepWTuaq3Bc

Say what you will,  George talks about things that are "just a little off kilter, that people really enjoy", and he is even called Art Bells Legacy in this YouTube.   :P

"Legacy of Late Night Radio" is even the title of this segment.  :o