• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Chronaut

Quote from: TigerLily on December 17, 2015, 08:33:46 PM
Actually, one more theory...follow the money. Who has gained the most benefit from this alleged crime?
That's my default position; it's very clear that someone(s) wanted Art off the air, period.  If the motive is financial, then ClearChannel would be my first guess - a "hired hand."  If it's emotional, then it must be some whackjob simpleton who actually loves Snoory more than Art - this seems to stretch belief beyond all reasonable limits, however.  Perhaps only the most daft and emotionally bent fundamentalist nutter could fill that bill, but even then it seems unthinkable that any warm-blooded creature could feel that kind of loyalty for a bloodless zombie gopher.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on December 17, 2015, 08:38:19 PM
Hi foliks! Is there an "Art Comeback" notification option on BellGab?

I think Art said that the comebacks will now be unannounced.

Quote from: chefist on December 17, 2015, 08:38:19 PM
Hi foliks! Is there an "Art Comeback" notification option on BellGab?

I check every hour. It's the only way!

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 17, 2015, 08:39:41 PM
I think Art said that the comebacks will now be unannounced.

Guess I'll wait for the Android App...

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 07:33:37 PM
*readying popcorn*

If only we could get Art from an alternate universe Bell over here to interview our Art, we might get some answers. I know I've suggested this before, but nobody's doing anything about it for crying out loud. Damn, that would be some great radio.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Chronaut on December 17, 2015, 08:33:00 PM
I don't know who you're talking about, but I've been searching for an ignore button since last Friday.  But I couldn't find it, and now my corneas have second-degree burns.  I assume that it was removed, for reasons incomprehensible to me.

hey chronaut....good to see ya. Go to profile/modify profile the ignore is there. Works wonders.

k...off to listen to the tonight's TrollCast....lol....I mean GabCast.

:)

Perception is reality. Never forget that.

Chronaut

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 17, 2015, 08:44:18 PM
If only we could get Art from an alternate universe Bell over here to interview our Art, we might get some answers.

I think it's more likely that Art would respect Art's privacy, and gladly go back to his superior reality to host his next show.

RoseGirl

oops....GabCast is tomorrow, isn't it?

lol

Chronaut

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 08:44:56 PM
hey chronaut....good to see ya. Go to profile/modify profile the ignore is there. Works wonders.
You're my savior - thank you RoseGirl, O how I wish we'd had this little chat last week!

Have a lovely listen tonight ;

ge30542

I speculated, then, retracted my speculation.
Document, but NOT report?
I now retract my retraction. Remember, I voted for the war before I voted against it.

Catsmile

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 08:47:10 PM
oops....GabCast is tomorrow, isn't it?

lol

Can't even divine a GabCast... Welp maybe Art can do without ur amazing MegaWooâ,,¢.

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on December 17, 2015, 08:50:36 PM
I speculated, then, retracted my speculation.
Document, but NOT report?
I now retract my retraction. Remember, I voted for the war before I voted against it.

GE...we are all questioning ourselves these days!  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 08:41:31 PM

Have you tried just refreshing the page every 10 minutes?  That's what I do.....there's several new posts to read each time  ;D

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 08:41:31 PM

At least until someone comes up with something along these lines:

http://www.abevigoda.com/

Value Of Pi

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 17, 2015, 08:13:49 PM
rekcuf is your avatar a pic of you?  If so, then thank you for your service Sir. ;)

I'm pretty sure that his previous avatar was a pic of him. No? It sure got *my* respect.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 17, 2015, 01:52:00 PM
I'm going to remain an Art Bell Fan.  Always have, always will.

I saw this on another thread:

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 08:26:37 AM
Actually, I'm just here because George Noory sucks.

Same here.  Perhaps I should have explained that more fully. 

I used to like Art a lot, but probably not as much as most others seem to.  Now, after his two most recent quitting's, the way they were handled, and all his other shit, I'm done.

TigerLily

Quote from: Chronaut on December 17, 2015, 08:39:27 PM
That's my default position; it's very clear that someone(s) wanted Art off the air, period.  If the motive is financial, then ClearChannel would be my first guess - a "hired hand."  If it's emotional, then it must be some whackjob simpleton who actually loves Snoory more than Art - this seems to stretch belief beyond all reasonable limits, however.  Perhaps only the most daft and emotionally bent fundamentalist nutter could fill that bill, but even then it seems unthinkable that any warm-blooded creature could feel that kind of loyalty for a bloodless zombie gopher.
Like I said. MV

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 17, 2015, 08:44:18 PM
If only we could get Art from an alternate universe Bell over here to interview our Art, we might get some answers. I know I've suggested this before, but nobody's doing anything about it for crying out loud. Damn, that would be some great radio.

Art: Tonight's guest joins us from an alternative universe.  "Alt Art", is me in everyway, just in a different universe.

Alt Art: I have a questions... *Art cuts him off*

Art: If it's about Friday, December 11th, I told you, Alt Art, I'm NOT going to answer questions about what happened! Not tonight, or any other night...

*pregnant pause*

Alt Art: Your cats... I have them.

Art: *distressed* I'll tell you everything...

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 08:20:23 PM
You're welcome, it was an honor. Yes, that's me.

Uh oh, I spoke too soon.

trostol

too many conspiracy nuts around here..goodbye folks

Catsmile

Try looking at it like this.... Flip the script a bit. Take everything Art relayed as 100% true. All of it. Nao, look at his reactions, and the actions hes taken from the narrative hes relayed. Whats little is known of his actions at this point, from a man who has many options afforded to him... Welp itz an eyebrow raizer, and a head scratcher.   

chefist

Quote from: trostol on December 17, 2015, 09:03:48 PM

If you let "nuts" prevent you from being on BG, then no one would be on BG... ;)

I'm kind of over all of it. Art is going to do what Art is going to do. I don't find all the twists and turns interesting anymore.

Quote from: Laurakinch on December 17, 2015, 01:13:56 PM
+1

His reasons for quitting just don't add up. Bateman filled us in on PNI that Art's show was weeks away from being picked up by Cumulus. The DAY PRIOR TO HIS QUITTING THE SHOW, Art spoke with Bateman by phone and asked about the Cumulus deal. A coincidence? More likely Art got cold feet not wanting to be involved with another big network. He wanted to run his own show, be his own boss so he wouldn't have to answer to anyone. I don't blame him for that after all the shit he's gone though with Premier. His podcast was growing more quickly than expected. And although it sounded great in theory, in reality he wasn't ready or willing for what was about to happen. So he decided to bail off the runaway train. The gunshot(s) heard coupled with a crank call gave him a plausible out...

I wondered about this as well

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on December 17, 2015, 09:03:48 PM
I'm starting to get conspiracydate.com ads when I come here.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 17, 2015, 09:06:57 PM
I'm kind of over all of it. Art is going to do what Art is going to do. I don't find all the twists and turns interesting anymore.

Yeah, me too. He won't be back full time. That was the only thing I had some hope for.

Element 115

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 17, 2015, 08:07:36 PM
I've wondered about that part of the story.  Does "unable to trace" by the provider mean they do not have the technology or they can't legally do it without police direction and/or a court order?

Correct, I used to work in a digital phone department and call traces required a subpoena. However, what if the lunatic used a burner phone? The unable to trace explanation was odd.

nneptune

Quote from: chefist on December 17, 2015, 08:43:20 PM
Guess I'll wait for the Android App...

I like that idea,, actually! An app with push notification, with an unsmiling Norry face, when Art pops in.

Since the cutting of the cable that knocked his show off the air back in August or September, I've always had a weird feeling that
it was some weird "hired hand" by Clear Channel or Premiere or whomever it is that carries C2C. I mean that feud escalated quickly.
Then again, I may now sound like a conspiracy nut. It's all so knee-jerk. Leave, refunds by Keith, network falling apart, other options
for broadcasting, etc.
I'm confused like everyone else. DAMN YOU NORRY!