• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Nobody on January 17, 2017, 12:45:51 AM
To help put that remark into context, it dates from 10 months ago:

http://www.qsotoday.com/podcasts/w6obb

Yes, but it's being strongly considered more every day

Jackstar

He could do a once a week thing. If he weren't being threatened, he probably would.

One might ask oneself, who would threaten Art? He seems like such a nice guy.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nobody on January 17, 2017, 12:35:30 AM
...Well, right now,  I am "strongly considering" heading off to Mars before the week is out...
I'm strongly considering becoming a billionaire.  Any other strong considerations? 

Jackstar

I'm strongly considering dating again, but then I look at that thread that I made, and I am reminded of why I made it.

Quote from: Just in Case of Fire on December 26, 2016, 04:22:37 PM

Such were always its purpose.

shadefc09

Quote from: slipstream on June 02, 2009, 02:07:27 PM

Thanks to Art that is the way I recoreded lots of radio programs.

In 1995 (and later) I recall there being a sizable archive of Art Bell shows hosted on Audionet (later broadcast.com).  A year doesn't go by without me wishing I had downloaded all those shows.
:'(   When Art came back in 2001 he referenced these audio files by saying he believed they were gone.  If they are still around somewhere my best guess is that Yahoo now owns them.

Somewhere on this forum is a thread about a collection of shows, a sizable, almost complete collection mind you, available via a torrent. Im not sure where though.

ge30542

Art, do you think Hillary is drinking heavily today?

Ciardelo

Quote from: ge30542 on January 20, 2017, 03:05:53 PM
She and Bill had several glasses of wine with President Trump today at lunch in Statuary Hall.

trostol

Quote from: ge30542 on January 20, 2017, 03:05:53 PM

dunno but Art did predict Trump will be one of the greatest presidents ever

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on January 20, 2017, 04:28:21 PM

Ciardelo

Because Art is an expert at following through.

ItsOver

Did Art post any new titty shots on FB for the inauguration?  Asking for a friend.

Luka Megurine

Quote from: ItsOver on January 20, 2017, 06:21:17 PM
Did Art post any new titty shots on FB for the inauguration?  Asking for a friend.

Luka Megurine

wet t-shirt contest

ge30542

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 20, 2017, 04:32:41 PM
Because Art is an expert at following through.
LOL, C, still making us laugh. Well played.

ge30542

Is Art planning an Inauguration Day appearence on MITD?

Nobody

Quote from: ge30542 on January 20, 2017, 09:09:21 PM
Is Art planning an Inauguration Day appearence on MITD?

Why would Art bother putting in an appearance on a programme he has ignored for 9 months?  ???

Quote from: trostol on January 20, 2017, 04:28:21 PM

He was also a big Obama supporter, until after that election when it was too late.  Who cares what Art thinks.

Here's a less enthusiastic Art. 

If you don't like his opinion now, wait a few days.

Quote from: Art Bell on June 13, 2016, 12:06:28 AM
... I have hated some of the things Trump has said... We only have two choices in the real World, I am at heart Libertarian but I am also a realist, one of these two will be it. Trump has to straighten his ass up and become Presidential or we are doomed.

Art

Jackstar

People who say we only have two choices should be shot or killed.

Art's old shows will always be entertaining, but the miserable and childish wreck of a human being he is only gets worse. I wish he could have just retired with grace and I am so tired of our battered wife syndrome fantasizing over how he at the age of 70 and in poor health, could "come back". He fucked us and did what he does best, satisfying Art's random urges. Fair enough. Have the class to just retire and stop souring the memory Art. You can't be a faux-public figure and have your cake too. Shit or get off the pot.

Quote from: Jackstar on January 21, 2017, 12:20:19 AM
YOU only have one choice...do the right thing Jack! ;)

ziznak

Art has become that relative that's always posting political crap on fb... "he used to be such a great guy!!.... ehhhhhh " as I eye up that unfriend button

cweb

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 20, 2017, 10:49:43 PM

He was also a big Obama supporter, until after that election when it was too late.  Who cares what Art thinks.
Surprised he wasn't more of a Nixon guy. Considering he also quit.

aldousburbank

That's only two choices.

Nobody

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on January 21, 2017, 02:54:16 AM
Have the class to just retire and stop souring the memory Art. You can't be a faux-public figure and have your cake too.

It has always struck me as odd just how little Art Bell seems to know about conducting himself as a faux-public figure.

The Savage lawsuit is kind of sad in the sense that, for the rest of her life, people are going to look at Airyn funny regardless of the outcome of the suit.  There is a reason why celebrities rarely, if ever, go after scandal sheets: because they realised long ago that taking scandal sheets to court only results in more scandal sheets being sold.  The truth just doesn't enter into it.

I sure hope Art Bell was a fan of Savage before he filed the suit, because it is very likely that people who never had an interest in Savage before (or who deliberately made it a point to ignore him) are likely to tune in, just to see what all the fuss is about.  If there is one thing that chat show hosts court, it's controversy, and this case is going to put far more money into Savage's bank account than into Art Bell's, even taking it as read that Bell does win (which seems unlikely to me, as Savage did not refer to Art Bell by name, leaving the audience to draw its own conclusions).

Jackstar

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 21, 2017, 12:42:00 PM
That's only two choices.

Turning gay is always a choice.

Jackstar

Quote from: Nobody on January 21, 2017, 12:42:29 PM
just how little Art Bell seems to know about conducting himself as a faux-public figure.

ShayP

Well, the "stalker" did try.