The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 20, 2016, 05:22:05 PM
Laine, Matthews and Pool Party this year daddy. Ahhhhh yeah.  ;D

McJesus

Quote from: trostol on September 20, 2016, 06:04:31 PM
McJesus

Those Oilers are terrifying this year. I want a Lucic - McJesus - Pool Party line.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 20, 2016, 06:21:59 PM
Those Oilers are terrifying this year. I want a Lucic - McJesus - Pool Party line.

they should put up points

sadly they still have no D or Goalie lol

Quote from: trostol on September 20, 2016, 06:31:18 PM
they should put up points

sadly they still have no D or Goalie lol

Yeah, that Hall for Larsson trade was pretty ugly. Larsson is pretty ordinary. I get Hall was a locker room cancer but I think they're going to be really disappointed. Talbot is adequate. It'll be interesting to see what he does with year two of a starter's workload. Gustavsson still being in the league surprises me.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 20, 2016, 06:34:36 PM
Yeah, that Hall for Larsson trade was pretty ugly. Larsson is pretty ordinary. I get Hall was a locker room cancer but I think they're going to be really disappointed. Talbot is adequate. It'll be interesting to see what he does with year two of a starter's workload. Gustavsson still being in the league surprises me.

they might gt into the PO's though..at the very least i do not see them being in the top 5 of picks again unless something drastically goes wrong

Quote from: trostol on September 20, 2016, 06:38:32 PM
they might gt into the PO's though..at the very least i do not see them being in the top 5 of picks again unless something drastically goes wrong

I agree with you although I've been saying the exact same thing for the last two or three years.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 20, 2016, 06:42:57 PM
I agree with you although I've been saying the exact same thing for the last two or three years.

;D ;D ;D

akwilly

Wow the 3rd period is shaping up to be a classic in the Canada Russia game

Taco Bell

Angus is peppered for the season to start. This tourney has been a tease.

ShayP

New Edmonton Oilers mascot.....

It's name is Hunter.

Art_s Farts

I know it's preseason but dammit, it feels great flipping between Sens/Leafs and Canes/Caps while drinking Labatt's.

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on September 26, 2016, 02:56:34 PM

It's name is Hunter.

um.ok...not even sure if the Flyers have one..and i hope they dont

albrecht

It's name is Hunter.

Why are things like this needed? I guess for the kids. So the mascot is some lynx likely threatened by some oil spill or expansion of shale fracking?
ps: my favorite hockey team name/mascot of all time is the Grizzly Adams. German b-league, I think, in Wolfsburg but, somehow, they liked that show (like me) and named the team. Germans are an odd bunch and love, or at least loved, Westerns. They even have a genre of music that is modeled after our "trucking" songs popular in the 70's.

akwilly

It's name is Hunter.

I wouldn't mind having a pair of those mittens

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on September 26, 2016, 06:42:58 PM

LOL!  Yeah...you and the Red Wings are the only two without one.

Quote from: ShayP on September 26, 2016, 06:49:40 PM
LOL!  Yeah...you and the Red Wings are the only two without one.

These banners are all that is needed:

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on September 26, 2016, 06:46:42 PM
Why are things like this needed? I guess for the kids. So the mascot is some lynx likely threatened by some oil spill or expansion of shale fracking?
ps: my favorite hockey team name/mascot of all time is the Grizzly Adams. German b-league, I think, in Wolfsburg but, somehow, they liked that show (like me) and named the team. Germans are an odd bunch and love, or at least loved, Westerns. They even have a genre of music that is modeled after our "trucking" songs popular in the 70's.

Entertainment and merchandise sales...that's why they are needed.....oh, of course, the kids too.  Did you mention 70's trucking songs!?

https://youtu.be/Sd5ZLJWQmss

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on September 26, 2016, 06:52:24 PM
Entertainment and merchandise sales...that's why they are needed.....oh, of course, the kids too.  Did you mention 70's trucking songs!?

https://youtu.be/Sd5ZLJWQmss
Love that song/movie. During a road trip years ago I demanded we all buy CBs or find our old ones so we could communicate between vehicles (going out to Big Bend where no cell phone coverage.) Still worked and, oddly, truckers still sounded the SAME. Like a universal trucker accent, a mix of Southern, Midwest, smoking, working class white in coal country, etc.

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 26, 2016, 06:51:43 PM
These banners are all that is needed:

True.  But you guys waste a lot of octopuses.  :D

Taco Bell

Quote from: trostol on September 26, 2016, 06:42:58 PM

It's a walking D-cell battery. Works for any professional team in the city.

trostol

Quote from: Taco Bell on September 27, 2016, 12:03:01 AM
It's a walking D-cell battery. Works for any professional team in the city.

eh..no

akwilly

Wow, hell of an ending to the game

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on September 29, 2016, 08:51:23 PM
Wow, hell of an ending to the game
It was, though I wanted a 3rd game. So are some of those guys going to shave their beards or just keep them all the way through NHL season to play-offs! They will be unable to skate at that point, I think.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on September 29, 2016, 08:53:35 PM
It was, though I wanted a 3rd game. So are some of those guys going to shave their beards or just keep them all the way through NHL season to play-offs! They will be unable to skate at that point, I think.
ya dang I wanted a game 3 too. Not sure what the bead situation will be but ya if they don't shave they will be skating over their beards come Christmas

ShayP

Two more days and the puck officially drops!  8)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on October 10, 2016, 12:05:53 PM
Two more days and the puck officially drops!  8)

I heard Crosby is out with a concussion.

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 10, 2016, 12:07:53 PM

hahahahaha!  Nice one.  ;)  I love a good Shakespeare reference.

Jack shall have Jill;
Nought shall go ill;
The man shall have his mare again, and all shall be well.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2016, 12:12:18 PM
I heard Crosby is out with a concussion.

Yeah.  I just heard that a few minutes ago.  Supposedly in practice.  Even though there was no contact.  Hmmm...