• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Stop Being An Asshole.

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 07, 2011, 02:55:46 PM

EvB

Quote from: Marc Knight on May 08, 2011, 02:23:39 PM

It's better than super-taste powers.  "... able to taste ass a mile away while battling hoards of mindless assholes"  or, something to that effect.

MARK!  Where the F##K have you BEEN!??

EvB

Quote from: IvannZ on May 08, 2011, 06:35:04 AM
I concur, and I think people need to stop being an A*****e towards George and always insulting his show. I censored that word because I don't want to contribute anymore to the profanity of the forum.

Well SHIT!  what kind of FUCKING fun is that JIZZ? Sounds like a BALL-SACK full of PISS to me.

Quote from: EvB on May 08, 2011, 08:03:01 PM
Well SHIT!  what kind of FUCKING fun is that JIZZ?

Now, Evelyn. Let's be rational and tact here. I don't want to lower myself to the standards of a cunt-fucked brainless dickshit moron with the IQ of my snot. Let's mind our language, shall we?

JustOneFix

What the fuck is the deal with censoring the word asshole? Was it because you were typing this out and George walked by and you didn't want him to think your were calling him an asshole? Fucking Christ, it's only the word ASSHOLE not like you typed mother fucking son of a whore cock bitch bastard or anything.

onan

Quote from: JustOneFix on May 08, 2011, 08:53:22 PM
What the fuck is the deal with censoring the word asshole?

Not that this is an original idea, but to use other characters, supplanting actual letters so an idea is conveyed but not the actual word is mystifying.

One has to wonder if the person exchanging letters actually think they have somehow remained untainted in their exchange of ideas.

I have to speculate that there is some misplaced sense of purity that would be sullied if the actual correctly spelled word were typed by those saintly hands.

There is something pathologic there.

aldousburbank

I love that you guys are being real assholes!  Wait, maybe this is the wrong thread for that?  :-\

anagrammy

Quote from: onan on May 08, 2011, 09:06:50 PM

Not that this is an original idea, but to use other characters, supplanting actual letters so an idea is conveyed but not the actual word is mystifying.

One has to wonder if the person exchanging letters actually think they have somehow remained untainted in their exchange of ideas.

I have to speculate that there is some misplaced sense of purity that would be sullied if the actual correctly spelled word were typed by those saintly hands.

There is something pathologic there.

Good point.  You realize how really curious it is when you picture yourself trying to explain this to someone from another culture.

JustOneFix

Quote from: anagrammy on May 08, 2011, 09:18:47 PM
Good point.  You realize how really curious it is when you picture yourself trying to explain this to someone from another culture.

Lisa's a Foreigner?

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 08, 2011, 09:14:37 PM
I love that you guys are being real assholes!  Wait, maybe this is the wrong thread for that?  :-\

Man, I have worked so hard to be the asshole I have become. and btw you're a dick :) . That's is what any good asshole would say.

EvB

Quote from: Michael V. on May 08, 2011, 09:26:00 PM
nsfw:

Cunt!

Michael, Michael, Michael!

Such language, and on Mother's Day too.

onan

Quote from: Michael V. on May 08, 2011, 09:26:00 PM
nsfw:

Cunt!

It is hard to best an artiste, bravo sir... bravo.

Marc.Knight

If someone is an asshole, then by definition it is impossible for them not to be one.

But, if they are acting like an asshole, then they indeed could stop being an asshole.

Just thought I would make that distinction.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on May 08, 2011, 09:35:03 PM
If someone is an asshole, then by definition it is impossible for them not to be one.

But, if they are acting like an asshole, then they indeed could stopping being an asshole.

Just thought I would make that distinction.
i wish i'd been presented this bit of logic and reason prior to the creation of the thread.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on May 08, 2011, 09:23:06 PM

and btw you're a dick :) .

And you my friend, are clearly a remote viewer.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on May 08, 2011, 09:23:06 PM
Man, I have worked so hard to be the asshole I have become.

BTW, as I suspected, you are a genuinely nice person, as opposed to this author, for whom being an asshole is no work at all!  Oh, the personal anguish...

anagrammy

Hello everyone, my name is Anagrammy and I'm an Asshole.  My particular venue is typically Mother's Day, a day which for me, a mother of eight, is like St. Patrick's Day for an alcoholic.  Shall we say, there are expectations.  I begin checking the clock at 11:00 am.  By 2:00 pm, I am irritated.  By 4:00 pm, I am annoyed, by 5:00 pm, well you get the idea.  The volcano did not get the virgins and she is upset.

This year as part of my recovery, I decided to create my own Mother's Day and be happy.  I recreated an authentic-from-your-childhood-in-the-seventies meal. 

Beverage choices:
mixed milk in canning jars (1/2 powdered milk reconstituted and 1/2 homogenized)
Tang
Country Time Lemonade mix
Orange chicken
Mashed potatoes and Mom's Famous Gravy.
Peas
Homemade cloverleaf tolls, half wheat/half white.

Nancy arrived and fell right into the theme.  "I will eat this glorious meal just like I used to--and she grabbed a fistful of peas and threw them at her mashed potatoes and gravy, where they stuck.  Astonished, I watched her dig in.  I never knew she did that!  She ignored the chicken, ladeling over another layer of gravy.  Seeing my face, she said, "What?  This is the good part!"

"Why are you eating so fast?"  I asked, since no one else was here yet. 
"It's authentic.  Besides, don't you know I have puppy-at-the-trough syndrome.  It's a gobble compulsion because you had to eat fast because Daniel always got the good stuff.  (Daniel was the youngest of the boys, so he had to be nimble to survive)

She gobbled so fast, she had to take a break with a stomach ache, whereupon I cleared her plate. "No! I'm coming back," she objected.

I answered with a Momism:   "You leave, you lose." meaning you leave the table, you forfeit your food."  I reminded her that it was authentic and we laughed  She said, "Left the table nothing--if you looked away and looked back, your chicken might be gone and you would never know who took it!"

This was amazing to hear because I thought the meals were peaceful, happy occasions with tons of food and everybody enjoying everything, conversing about the days events, etc, clearly I lived in the Seventies Mom Bubble.

The rest of the kids arrived one by one, because it was an Open House for Decendents of Anagrammy and I have a tiny place.  The food prompted some reminiscing, which you know mothers just live for.  So it was the best Mother's Day ever.  I should have done this long ago instead of feeling sorry for myself.

So you might say I'm an asshole in recovery on this one

Ana

Julia also went nuts over the mashed potatoes and gravy, making me reveal my secret for Mom's Famous Gravy, which heretofore I had never revealed.  But since I'll be dead in another thirty years, I figure I better tell:  I use pan drippings from the PREVIOUS chicken/turkey, which I stealthily pour off and freeze. 

Eddie Coyle

ASSHOLE is no longer a swear by my standard, which is this: Once that word is uttered intentionally on broadcast TV during primetime..it's no longer a "curse" word.

I believe Dennis Franz used "asshole" on NYPD Blue in October,1993...so no longer a swear!

Then again, I'm a real fuckin' prick and my cunty standards don't mean motherfuckin' shit in the grand cocksuckin' scheme of things.

Aw, Fuck.  I thought this was a nice, mellow place where I could learn to repress my urge to yell and scream obscenities to all I find objectionable.           Oh, well.................. ::)

Yeah I think "cunt" is probably the worst word in the English language. It's the only one I can't say around my Mother.

onan

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 09, 2011, 02:17:55 PM
Yeah I think "cunt" is probably the worst word in the English language. It's the only one I can't say around my Mother.

I dunno, certainly if I say my wife is a cunt... im in trouble. But I say Osama bin laden is a cunt and I will probably not even get an eyebrow raised.

But let me call Osama a nigger and I will get some shit.

all in all I don't really care what you say, its when you brandish a knife I start to worry.

Quote from: onan on May 09, 2011, 02:40:39 PM
But let me call Osama a nigger and I will get some shit.

As you should. He's not a "nigger"...he's a "sand nigger". Or was, anyways. Now he's just "some dead nigga".

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Σ> on May 07, 2011, 02:55:46 PM
I'm noticing a recent trend toward hostility on CoastGab.  It sucks.  Flaming and belittling add nothing to the experience on this forum and only serve to scare away new members (and existing ones).  I'm not going to allow it to continue.  I'm tired of repeating this: Read the Terms of Service and abide by them.  If you can't manage that, then this isn't the forum for you.  Go spread chaos somewhere else.  You won't be missed.

If you're considering a rude approach toward a fellow user due to the length of their posts or their use of grammar and/or punctuation, please think twice.  You're ruining this forum and inflating my blood pressure.  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect you, and adult, to simply ignore members whose posts you don't enjoy.
I'm not too sure what happened, but the ethic MV was suggesting here seems to have had an inverse effect over time. I was nowhere near BellGab back then, it looks like MV was trying to foster civility.

Dealing with people being mean just because they can is not really the kind of experience I care to have.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 17, 2017, 01:08:41 AM
   I'm not too sure what happened, but the ethic MV was suggesting here seems to have had an inverse effect over time. I was nowhere near BellGab back then, it looks like MV was trying to foster civility.

Dealing with people being mean just because they can is not really the kind of experience I care to have.

I don't get it. Sure, people get passionate sometimes, maybe they descend into vitriol and personal attacks when their argument fails or are not feeling support from other posters but, for the most part, I find little reason to get truly upset here. A couple times certain posters here have felt the need to post subtle threats of violence toward me but most see those thinly veiled threats as the venting of hot air that they are. Actually, the post that pissed me off the most since I've been here is when Donal Noory spoiled the last Star Wars movie the week it came out. While I'll probably always think he's an asshole for doing it, life goes on.  ;)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 17, 2017, 01:08:41 AM

Maybe it's because you are clearly a scammer?

Perhaps if you stop being an asshole, folks won't treat you like an asshole.

But that's just me, I think if you make a promise, you should deliver. But you don't, so we're different that way. People are different, enjoy trying to find new grifts here at BellGab! Post often!

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 17, 2017, 01:13:21 PM
you are clearly a scammer

The list of implicit assumptions in this post is as long as my cock and three times as bitter.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on February 17, 2017, 01:21:35 PM

The list of implicit assumptions in this post is as long as my cock and three times as bitter.

Clearly.

True post is true.

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 17, 2017, 01:23:15 PM
Clearly.

True post is true.
Sounds as though you have "intimate knowledge" of aforementioned "member" ?
eewwww