• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Stop Being An Asshole.

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 07, 2011, 02:55:46 PM

MV/Liberace!

I'm noticing a recent trend toward hostility on CoastGab.  It sucks.  Flaming and belittling add nothing to the experience on this forum and only serve to scare away new members (and existing ones).  I'm not going to allow it to continue.  I'm tired of repeating this: Read the Terms of Service and abide by them.  If you can't manage that, then this isn't the forum for you.  Go spread chaos somewhere else.  You won't be missed.

If you're considering a rude approach toward a fellow user due to the length of their posts or their use of grammar and/or punctuation, please think twice.  You're ruining this forum and inflating my blood pressure.  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect you, and adult, to simply ignore members whose posts you don't enjoy.

Usagi

Michael V., your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

Quote from: Usagi on May 07, 2011, 03:32:29 PM
Michael V., your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

Don't you mean “you're”?

EvB

Quote from: Usagi on May 07, 2011, 03:54:55 PM
Your mom.

Oh, Usagi - just thought I'd mention that "alot" isn't a word. Allot is a word - as in "it was his job to allot space in the cabin." But when you do something a great deal, the phrase is a lot. (two words)

/EvB is now waiting to get smacked upside the head by MV, Usagi, or . . .

Usagi

Quote from: EvB on May 07, 2011, 03:59:43 PM
Oh, Usagi - just thought I'd mention that "alot" isn't a word. Allot is a word - as in "it was his job to allot space in the cabin." But when you do something a great deal, the phrase is a lot. (two words)

You have insulted my honor.  I challenge you do a duel.

Quote from: Usagi on May 07, 2011, 04:01:37 PM

inb4 edited for spelling

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Usagi on May 07, 2011, 04:01:37 PM
BWAHAHAHa

Usagi

Tell the barber that you're sick of lookin' like an asshole.

Cut the Mullet - Wesley Willis

aldousburbank

I love long posts with funky grammar and punctuation.  Like that Gabor Sweden dude- that was good stuff!

The General

Quote from: Usagi on May 07, 2011, 05:18:55 PM
Tell the barber that you're sick of lookin' like an asshole.

Wow, hadn't thought of Wesley Willis for about 10 years.  Thanks for the flashback!

I had the privilege of meeting Wesley when he played a gig in my town. When he came out on stage he had a huge bruise on his forehead from headbutting things and had a book of lyrics with laminated pages so that when he played his keyboard he could eat a sub on stage and drink milk while leafing through the book. Both of which he did during the keyboard interludes.

After the show I got his autograph and told him I thought he was great.

Wesley grabbed me by the neck, and held me two inches from his face. He said in a low growl, "Say rah". When I said "Rock" he looked pissed and said again "SAY RAH". This happened two or three more times until I said it the way he did. Then he made me say "Row".

Wesley said "Now you got it - RAH N' ROW." Then he headbutted me, shook my hand and I went on my way.

My girlfriend at the time said she was sure I was as good as dead and hoped I didn't get lice from him. I didn't, though I do think it would have been an honor.

Usagi

That is a beautiful story, Agent : Orange.  Truly Beautiful.

RIP Wesley. 

The first time I went to Chicago, there was really only one place I HAD to visit.  A pilgrimage, if you will.

Crack n' Joint McDonalds!

Wesley Willis-Rock'n' Roll McDonalds

Wesley Willis - They Threw Me out of Church

"... I also told Reverend Henry E. Miller to suck a male camel's dick..."

Assholes? Here?! *shocked*

I remember when we had the influx of new members from that "other" forum....things seem tame compared to that. Maybe I'm reading the wrong threads.

EvB

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 08, 2011, 05:43:18 AM
Assholes? Here?! *shocked*

I remember when we had the influx of new members from that "other" forum....things seem tame compared to that. Maybe I'm reading the wrong threads.

Nah, we're just so shell-shocked, still, that our ass-o-meters have become less sensitive.  The Great and Powerful Michael Vandeven, however, can smell ass a mile away.  ::)

Quote from: EvB on May 08, 2011, 05:46:45 AM
The Great and Powerful Michael Vandeven, however, can smell ass a mile away.  ::)

Blarg. Worst super power ever.

IvannZ

I concur, and I think people need to stop being an A*****e towards George and always insulting his show. I censored that word because I don't want to contribute anymore to the profanity of the forum.

anagrammy

Quote from: IvannZ on May 08, 2011, 06:35:04 AM
I concur, and I think people need to stop being an A*****e towards George and always insulting his show. I censored that word because I don't want to contribute anymore to the profanity of the forum.

Hi Lisa.  BTW, don't ever change your avatar-- it is so you.    (making an effort here)  In the spirit of full transparency, if you don't believe in Jesus, don't hang out at the Full Gospel Church of the Resurrected Corpus Christi, if you get my meaning.  This forum used to be www.georgenoorysucks.com.  It is for people to gather around the virtual shrine of Art Bell and lament and keen away his passing while simultaneously flinging feces at his so-called replacement. 

It is barbarous at times, but we are primates, after all.  You may find a forum less critical over at www.georgenoorykicksass.com or www.dayrobinzone.com (formerly nighthawkzone), or any one of the zero pro-Noory forums out there. Peace.

Anagrammy

aldousburbank

Quote from: IvannZ on May 08, 2011, 06:35:04 AM

George Noory **cks

Ro, or Su?  You decide.

I was once a member at Nighthawkzone. I eventually returned with my old account to troll them. Hilariously, what ultimately got me banned was posting an animated .gif of Obama dancing.

As far as "Noory hating"...that's always kinda been a staple around here. The guy blows, always has. Had to quit listening weeknights because of him and his angels and portals and constant lame twilight zone references. Generally when someone takes over a great show and craps furiously all over it, it's original fans become displeased. I'm not going to say anything nice about Noory because frankly, there's nothing nice to say.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 08, 2011, 05:59:41 AM
Blarg. Worst super power ever.

It's better than super-taste powers.  "... able to taste ass a mile away while battling hoards of mindless assholes"  or, something to that effect.

Quote from: Michael V. on May 08, 2011, 02:15:48 PM

That should be the required license plate for EVERY New-Yorker.

Quote from: Marc Knight on May 08, 2011, 02:23:39 PM
It's better than super-taste powers.  "... able to taste ass a mile away while battling hoards of mindless assholes"  or, something to that effect.

I was reading a cracked.com article earlier about one of the worst Romantic Advice novel writers in History. He suggested that a couple bored with sex should play a game called "what's that taste?", in which one unfortunate player sticks SOME kind of food anywhere on their body and the other eats it while blindfolded. Ultimately, the writer of the cracked article thought it necessary to exclaim.."Butt hair and Pickles?!?!"

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 08, 2011, 04:56:31 PMUltimately, the writer of the cracked article thought it necessary to exclaim.."Butt hair and Pickles?!?!"

Hilarious. I was just reading that article!

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-romantic-books-to-disgust-annoy-your-lover/