• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ask George Noory Anything

Started by Jojo, February 12, 2018, 09:41:32 PM

Should Tom host once a quarter?

If it keeps him in practise as backup host
4 (22.2%)
Only if he doesn't play Midnight Special bumper music
1 (5.6%)
Only if George fills in as producer for Tom.  Tom: "Okay, George-y, here we go!"
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

pate

Heh, "Boast 2 Boast"

"I knew that guy, dear friend!  We ran a race-horse farm & turtle-smashery together for years before we opened a five Michelin star restaurant to pay for my Hawaiian broastcast sturdio, five stars!  Amazing!" -- one neuron Nooron

Can you tell him to ban the jackhole that starts every call by yelling "GEORGE!"

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2018, 10:46:53 PM
Mr, Noory, you should just come out already and let people know you're here. It's not that bad here. We're vaguely lovable. ;)
Very vaguely lately.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 14, 2018, 06:31:50 AM
It's easy to give people the impression that people are fascinated with what you're (Noory) saying if it's all prearranged before hand. ;)
The chat is not prearranged commentary.  Many people are there and comment.  Sometimes a producer privately asks an attendee to be more succinct.  Its not rigged.  If I ask questions gathered here, they will only be a drop in the overall bucket.  My gathering questions doesn't affect the overall spontaneity, if a producer even puts forth my inquiries, and even if GN were to read this thread.  Which I seriously doubt anyhow!

Dateline

Would he sing to us on the air, maybe during an open lines Friday night?  Not all of us can make a live show, and we are missing his majesty.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on March 12, 2018, 07:45:06 AM
Would he sing to us on the air, maybe during an open lines Friday night?  Not all of us can make a live show, and we are missing his majesty.
I'm not going to any GN show that doesn't allow nursing infants anyhow.  If GN can't afford an usher/husher, then he shouldn't perform.  After all, it's toddlers that cause problems, not infants because when infants cry, one simply carries them out.

His show is small enough to be dynamic, where if a baby cries, he CAN repeat himself without losing the flood, especially if his usher is skilled.

There is no excuse not to have an usher in these trying times.

Anyhow, I will try to ask the infant hater to sing.  If I make it to the chat - my week suddenly got busy.

Quote from: Jojo on March 13, 2018, 12:58:45 AM
... it's toddlers that cause problems, not infants because when infants cry, one simply carries them out...

And when they don't carry them out - which is most of the time - then what?

There's no reason for babies to be going to shows, or anywhere else, meant for grownups to enjoy a night out - when did that become a requirement the rest of us have to put up with in this PC world?  On the other hand, is it really worse listening to a bunch of crying babies and whiny toddlers than listening to George Noory?

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 13, 2018, 01:25:23 AM
And when they don't carry them out - which is most of the time - then what?

There's no reason for babies to be going to shows, or anywhere else, meant for grownups to enjoy a night out - when did that become a requirement the rest of us have to put up with in this PC world?  On the other hand, is it really worse listening to a bunch of crying babies and whiny toddlers than listening to George Noory?
His show is not uptight.  Nothing like a baby will ruin it.  But, as a matter of fact, GN takes his show so seriously that in one video of a performance, his response to a crying baby was way out of proportion.  He took time to make a big deal of it and kind of be a donkey, all of which was more disruptive than the baby!

The truth is, he just doesn't want to compete with a baby for attention.

The reason to carry infants around is because they are too young to be left with a sitter.  Some are still nursing on demand.  Most can't even hold their head up, because their neck isnt strong enough.  They still have a soft spot on their head.  Ideally, GN should only rent theaters which have crying rooms (like many churches do).  I've checked into such a thing, and I determined GN could do more along those lines.  But I don't think he even tries.

In the least, his website could state, "Unfortunately this area has no reasonable auditorium with a crying room available this year.  For that reason, infants are not allowed".  Which sounds a lot nicer than just saying no babies.

If I were an usher and a set of parents did not vacate the auditorium when requested, or anytime anyone doesnt vacate a business when commanded, they would be facing the people in blue pretty damn fast.  Infant or no infant.  There's a reason CPS rhymes with arres'.

Quote from: Jojo on March 13, 2018, 01:55:23 AM
... The reason to carry infants around is because they are too young to be left with a sitter...

Then stay home with the baby. 

Why on earth would someone think it's appropriate to take a baby to an event like that?  It's a complete lack of consideration for anyone else that has pervaded our society.  There are plenty of places to take babies and young children, and places and events where they frankly shouldn't be taken.  As much for their comfort and enjoyment as for the people who did pay good money to go.  Good for George. 

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 13, 2018, 02:34:55 AM
Then stay home with the baby. 

Why on earth would someone think it's appropriate to take a baby to an event like that?  It's a complete lack of consideration for anyone else that has pervaded our society.  There are plenty of places to take babies and young children, and places and events where they frankly shouldn't be taken.  As much for their comfort and enjoyment as for the people who did pay good money to go.  Good for George.

"So stay home with the baby" - for a year?!  That's not realistic.

What do you mean "an event like that"?  It is not mystery theater, not a rock concert, not a drama, not fast-paced.  It's just men talking, a little music, a guy with a microphone... It is a civil, safe environment for people of all ages. 

Who is he to say women are not welcome?  As in, a woman who suckles?  My mom took us anywhere she needed to.  When my little brother was nursing, going out once in a while to a nice event was no problem.  Some of my best childhood memories were us as a family going out for the night with my infant brother present.

GN doesn't get to very many cities very often.  To have him in your town could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  I'm sure most new parents do stay in the nest most of the time when their work shifts are over.  But not for a WHOLE YEAR!  And they deserve adult entertainment, not just Chuck E. Cheeses.

Decent theaters have a crying room where infants are neither seen nor heard, yet parents can enjoy the show.  What's so wrong with renting a hall with decent family-value amenities.  And if he can't find one, then he should at least say so instead of just banning babies.

GEORGE NOORY BANS BABIES.  GEORGE NOORY BANS BABIES.

BABY BANNER.  BABY BANNER.  BABY BANNER.   BABY BANNER. 

Banning infants is age discrimination.  It is also a form of discrimination against lactating women.

I think it is fine to try to rent theater with soundproof family!y friendly viewing rooms, as well as to "request" (but not dictate) parents to leave nursing babies and the nurser home, as well as lastly to hire ushers to enforce order. 

Banning nursing infants from theaters was entirely new to me.  My first experience learning about it was last year, here, after I googled George Noory Live and saw his  baby ban.  I was utterly shocked and very disappointed in George.  For someone like hi who talks a lot about gathering around the campfire, I guess he doesn't mean families.  I was so taken aback that I Googled the topic and found all sorts of commentary online for and against baby bans.  So, the issue is on the minds of thousands, not just me.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on March 13, 2018, 03:16:28 AM
"So stay home with the baby" - for a year?!  That's not realistic.

What do you mean "an event like that"?  It is not mystery theater, not a rock concert, not a drama, not fast-paced.  It's just men talking, a little music, a guy with a microphone... It is a civil, safe environment for people of all ages. 

Who is he to say women are not welcome?  As in, a woman who suckles?  My mom took us anywhere she needed to.  When my little brother was nursing, going out once in a while to a nice event was no problem.  Some of my best childhood memories were us as a family going out for the night with my infant brother present.

GN doesn't get to very many cities very often.  To have him in your town could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  I'm sure most new parents do stay in the nest most of the time when their work shifts are over.  But not for a WHOLE YEAR!  And they deserve adult entertainment, not just Chuck E. Cheeses.

Decent theaters have a crying room where infants are neither seen nor heard, yet parents can enjoy the show.  What's so wrong with renting a hall with decent family-value amenities.  And if he can't find one, then he should at least say so instead of just banning babies.

GEORGE NOORY BANS BABIES.  GEORGE NOORY BANS BABIES.

BABY BANNER.  BABY BANNER.  BABY BANNER.   BABY BANNER. 

Banning infants is age discrimination.  It is also a form of discrimination against lactating women.

I think it is fine to try to rent theater with soundproof family!y friendly viewing rooms, as well as to "request" (but not dictate) parents to leave nursing babies and the nurser home, as well as lastly to hire ushers to enforce order. 

Banning nursing infants from theaters was entirely new to me.  My first experience learning about it was last year, here, after I googled George Noory Live and saw his  baby ban.  I was utterly shocked and very disappointed in George.  For someone like hi who talks a lot about gathering around the campfire, I guess he doesn't mean families.  I was so taken aback that I Googled the topic and found all sorts of commentary online for and against baby bans.  So, the issue is on the minds of thousands, not just me.

Fuck you! You want to have a baby, you deal with it. It's not society's job. Stop being such a lazy, entitled asshole.  ::)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 13, 2018, 03:24:16 AM
Fuck you! You want to have a baby, you deal with it.

Found the Satanist.

Jackstar

I was so taken aback that I Googled the topic and found all sorts of commentary online for and against baby bans infant circumcision.  So, the issue is on the minds of thousands, not just me.

Consider the source.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on March 13, 2018, 03:28:53 AM
Found the Satanist.

Yeah, I'm a satanist because I don't want to listen to some infant scream through a movie I paid to see (and hear). The bar has really been lowered on evil. ::)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 13, 2018, 03:32:23 AM
a movie I paid to see (and hear).

It's possible you simply never had a role model to explain this to you so I'll explain it here loudly for the cheap seats all you simply do is walk up to the front of the place and say loud kids screaming interrupting my pleasure give me my money back and they just fucking hand you your fucking money back unless you're a fucking Satanist!!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 13, 2018, 03:32:23 AM
The bar has really been lowered on evil. ::)

Still...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on March 13, 2018, 03:39:44 AM
It's possible you simply never had a role model to explain this to you so I'll explain it here loudly for the cheap seats all you simply do is walk up to the front of the place and say loud kids screaming interrupting my pleasure give me my money back and they just fucking hand you your fucking money back unless you're a fucking Satanist!!

Still...

I wouldn't want to give the MSM a chance to spin it. You know, White man who caused public disturbance at movie theater was a Trump supporter.  ::)

"So stay home with the baby" - for a year?!  That's not realistic...

Those are the choices - go see George Noory (or any other entertainment event for grownups, or stay at home for a year?

If a person chooses to have a baby, that needs to be their focus.  They need to do age appropriate things with the baby (and kids).  There are plenty of family friendly things to do and places to go, including parks and playgrounds.

If the parents absolutely must go out, hire a sitter or have a family member watch the child.  If they can't afford that, they shouldn't have a baby in the first place.

That goes for nice restaurants as well

...  My mom took us anywhere she needed to...

''Anywhere she needed to'' is the key phrase here. 

... Decent theaters have a crying room where infants are neither seen nor heard, yet parents can enjoy the show.  What's so wrong with renting a hall with decent family-value amenities.  And if he can't find one, then he should at least say so instead of just banning babies.

When you do gigs, you can set your own policies.  In certain venues and at certain events, no one wants to hear your kids. 

Everyone else stayed home with their kids, or took them to age appropriate places until they were old enough to sit and be quiet - and enjoy whatever it was they were attending.

... Banning nursing infants from theaters was entirely new to me...

Society didn't need a ban until recently, when people stopped using common sense and stopped giving a crap about anyone else.  Just one more thing we can thank the Libs for.

It the past it never occurred to anyone to take their baby to a theater. 

... Banning infants is age discrimination.  It is also a form of discrimination against lactating women...

Like I said, this is the work of the dumb Libs.

... Who is he to say women are not welcome?...

More Lib PC BS - I think he said babies, not women.  You should probably try harder to get ''racism'' in there too somehow.

albrecht

I think babies taken to a George Norry show will turn out to be a mean baby. Baby cannot choose and so parents taking them against their will to hear Norry will disturb them and cause them to be mean. Which makes it odd that Norry would ban them since he loves to speculate about mean babies and retell the tragic stories of mayhem they will commit once older.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 13, 2018, 10:18:48 AM
I think babies taken to a George Norry show will turn out to be a mean baby. Baby cannot choose and so parents taking them against their will to hear Norry will disturb them and cause them to be mean. Which makes it odd that Norry would ban them since he loves to speculate about mean babies and retell the tragic stories of mayhem they will commit once older.
Ha, ha, ha! I wondered when the "mean baby" aspect would arise in this discussion.  Thanks, Albrecht.  Since Hillary thinks the state should have prime responsibility for raising kids, maybe all the parents should just start dropping them off on Hill's doorstep or just FedEx'ing them to Chappaqua.  Of course, it could pose a tripping hazard for her highness.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

I think listening to Snoory for a prolonged period of time will make anyone mean eventually, adults and babies alike. Just look at us. We're vaguely lovable, at best. ;)

Only a mean baby would interrupt George's show, but unfortunately those are the only babies that seem to come. 

He also banned clowns, haters and trolls.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 13, 2018, 08:34:37 AM
Those are the choices - go see George Noory (or any other entertainment event for grownups, or stay at home for a year?

If a person chooses to have a baby, that needs to be their focus.  They need to do age appropriate things with the baby (and kids).  There are plenty of family friendly things to do and places to go, including parks and playgrounds.

If the parents absolutely must go out, hire a sitter or have a family member watch the child.  If they can't afford that, they shouldn't have a baby in the first place.

That goes for nice restaurants as well

''Anywhere she needed to'' is the key phrase here. 

When you do gigs, you can set your own policies.  In certain venues and at certain events, no one wants to hear your kids. 

Everyone else stayed home with their kids, or took them to age appropriate places until they were old enough to sit and be quiet - and enjoy whatever it was they were attending.

Society didn't need a ban until recently, when people stopped using common sense and stopped giving a crap about anyone else.  Just one more thing we can thank the Libs for.

It the past it never occurred to anyone to take their baby to a theater. 

Like I said, this is the work of the dumb Libs.

More Lib PC BS - I think he said babies, not women.  You should probably try harder to get ''racism'' in there too somehow.
There are no age-appropriate outing activities for an infant.  They don't even have focus eyesight get!  Their place is with their guardian, and if they are breast feeding, their place is with the mother, at least the first while.

Age discrimination is serious.

Sound-fed, soundproof booths, or effective ushers, are the way to go for George.  His show is not so ultra primo that a baby being hustled outside would be any big deal.  To prove this, I remind yuou that in video when a baby cried, George incorporated it into Hus show long enough to kind of be an ass about it.  No one wants to hear George act like an ass.  I'd rather hear a baby being carried out.

Seeing George Noory can be a once in a lifetime opportunity. No one should be forced to miss a show because they were raped, victims of incest, their contraceptive broke, their husband's vasectomy wasn't foolproof after all, they conceived, or they decided to get pregnant.

Quote from: Jojo on March 13, 2018, 09:17:08 PM
... I remind yuou that in video when a baby cried, George incorporated it into Hus show long enough to kind of be an ass about it...

Did you post that?  Something to add to the Noory lore, I'd watch it

Quote from: Jojo on March 13, 2018, 09:17:08 PM
...  No one wants to hear George act like an ass... Seeing George Noory can be a once in a lifetime opportunity. No one should be forced to miss a show...

haha

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 13, 2018, 10:14:54 PM
Did you post that?  Something to add to the Noory lore, I'd watch it
I didn't post it.  Some event pre-2017.  Sorry.  At the time I saw it on You Tube, I didn't even know baby bans existed unless the event was rowdy.  I hadn't read GNL policy, if they had one then.  If you can't tip, don't eat out.  If you can't afford ushers....

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on March 13, 2018, 03:39:44 AM

Still...
Well I see, but G is not a movie.  He CAN rewind, or backtrack a little.  He can pause while baby is carried out.  He could be charming and help take baby out himself, telling baby jokes along the way.  For nursing mothers, this is a woman's issue. A woman, nursing or not, should be welcome at GN.  As a woman, I don't feel welcome there with this policy.  Women can't control when the baby latches on, and they can't control when the milk flows best, so they need to opportunize.  Some babies have to feed every four hours, even during sleep, according to my old neighbour's Navy doctor.  If the mother has to stay home because of that, suddenly we have a discrimination issue.

And you have a duty to use your cell phone (or get up) to complain to management while the problem is happening, not just complain afterward.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 13, 2018, 03:24:16 AM
Fuck you! You want to have a baby, you deal with it. It's not society's job. Stop being such a lazy, entitled asshole.  ::)
Over 32,000 pregnancies per year are the result of incest and rape.  95% do nnot have abortion.  So, that's over 600 per state per year.

Toting an infant requires strength and planning, so it is not lazy.

It takes a community to raise a child.  Ushers do have jobs, and removing noisy families is one.

A breastfeeding woman should not be discriminated against.  The infant needs her; it is her God-given rigbht.  The infant is entitled.

Quote from: Jojo on March 13, 2018, 10:59:44 PM

It takes a community to raise a child. 

This kind of thinking was rejected by the United States when Hillary lost.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on March 13, 2018, 10:59:44 PM
Over 32,000 pregnancies per year are the result of incest and rape.  95% do nnot have abortion.  So, that's over 600 per state per year.

Toting an infant requires strength and planning, so it is not lazy.

It takes a community to raise a child.  Ushers do have jobs, and removing noisy families is one.

A breastfeeding woman should not be discriminated against.  The infant needs her; it is her God-given rigbht.  The infant is entitled.
Statistics from https://healthresearchfunding.org/18-shocking-abortion-statistics-rape-victims/