• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

bateman

Quote from: Cynnie on November 04, 2013, 07:00:44 PM
I do have a bottle of cuban rum ...

Pfft, Jameson is the only way to go. But we can split the rum afterwards.

http://youtu.be/XNtTEibFvlQ

TumbleWeed

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 07:00:12 PM
I've already had 2 Irish coffees this afternoon, what say we make it 3 or 4?

Make sure for the next 2, yyou use my family recipie, passed down though the generations-
fifth of strong wiskey
1 shot of expresso.
Throw expresso on the ground, drink whiskey.

Go to work and operate a bull dozer.

Of course SiriusXM is going to air a replay tonight. They don't have anything else to put in that slot and it is better than dead air. Plus it might slow some of the cancellation/refund calls they 're getting.

Seriously, if this is a stunt - how could Art come back on the air and do open lines without getting absolutely savaged by callers for this stunt? There is no going back. He's done, and he clearly wants it that way.

timpate

I kind of figured that would happen. I thought all along he should have done a show via the internet anyhow. We shall see what comes next. I hate to say it as a fan of Art Bell The spooky Matter was kind of lame. Not very good calls. The show seemed way to rehearsed hope I spelled that right. Anyhow best of luck. I have the show Dark matter all recorded.

why the fuck did it ever even say graham hancock?!?! Art can come on the air and finish his show tonight one last time or at least come on for the first ten minutes with an explanation. Actually, fuck it, I dont

Luna

Quote from: popple on November 04, 2013, 06:55:36 PM
I shot off an e-mail begging them to reconsider... told them that Art can gain a bigger audience and that it could work out far better in the long run.
Thank you so much!! Please, more people email siriusxm here and tell them that we can't wait formless new shows!

listenercare@siriusxm.com

Cynnie

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 07:02:40 PM
Pfft, Jameson is the only way to go. But we can split the rum afterwards.

http://youtu.be/XNtTEibFvlQ

I havent been properly drunk in forevers

ksm32

Art and DM were the only reason I still have Sirius.. FUCK! what a pisser.

analog kid

Quote from: kf5iwe on November 04, 2013, 06:53:29 PM
No matter what Clyde  will be on at 9 pm central.  Just sayin

Clyde Lewis blows monkey chunks. I'd rather listen to Jorch and the numbers lady initiate a menage e trois with Evelyn Paglini.

Quote from: Luna on November 04, 2013, 07:05:03 PM
Thank you so much!! Please, more people email siriusxm here and tell them that we can't wait formless new shows!

I shot them an email, probably won't make too much sense to read cause I'm so fucking pissed right now.

Derpspiracy

Question: Has anybody directly emailed Paul or Keith? The few times that I emailed Paul about technical problems with the stream (like he said to), he was always very prompt with a reply (and extremely nice!). If anything, maybe they could provide an explanation.

coaster

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM. One of our Listener Care Representatives will be in touch with you within 24 â€" 48 hours.
Brilliant customer service..

coaster

Quote from: analog kid on November 04, 2013, 07:05:34 PM
Clyde Lewis blows monkey chunks. I'd rather listen to Jorch and the numbers lady initiate a menage e trois with Evelyn Paglini.
And up comes the tater tots..

McPhallus

Quote from: Derpspiracy on November 04, 2013, 07:07:06 PM
Question: Has anybody directly emailed Paul or Keith? The few times that I emailed Paul about technical problems with the stream (like he said to), he was always very prompt with a reply (and extremely nice!). If anything, maybe they could provide an explanation.

I emailed Paul a couple hours ago.  No response.

And I was almost able to get my professor Jeffrey Meldrum on the air as a guest with him, too.

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

Desmond

Art's FB statement said that by mutual agreement, Dark Matter will no longer air.

It doesn't say Dark Matter is over.  IF it was absolutely over, they'd pull the website, and certainly not update it for tonight's show.

Probably just a different delivery system than Sirius due to Art's frustration with some of SXM's issues.

Listening to the past six weeks, I never sensed he was weary or unenthusiastic, he seemed happy to be back and enjoying himself.

I think he will stream a show through his website, the past six weeks proved the audience and demand is there.  He wouldn't invest the time and effort in Dark Matter website and products if he had intended a very short run.  I'm sure he owns everything about DM and will simply employ a different method of delivery of his product.

If not, and this is truly the end, I've enjoyed the past six weeks and I'm glad he came back.

Luna

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 07:05:53 PM

I shot them an email, probably won't make too much sense to read cause I'm so fucking pissed right now.
You are awesome. I'm freaking out a bit, I was soo happy having art back! 

Let's keep emailing SiriusXM, telling them how much we are looking forward to new shoes!

Catsmile

Quote from: Cynnie on November 04, 2013, 06:45:08 PM
Oooo...sumthin is afoooot
Yeah, my middle member... I wish.
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Quote from: Derpspiracy on November 04, 2013, 07:07:06 PM

Yes.
And no promptness tonight.

WTF, I'm googling the phrase "art bell" and going through the news section, and there's an article about Paul Moller (the flying car guy) and it says that he's supposed to be a guest for four hours. WTF, THE SHOW WASN'T SUPPOSED TO END DAMNIT.

This is like season 2 of twin peaks all over again

Designx

I think it was genuinely that skype calls sounded better than himself over the air. Do the show via internet - but I don't think Art is done - it might be a big game of chicken with Sirius.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: kf5iwe on November 04, 2013, 06:53:29 PM
No matter what Clyde  will be on at 9 pm central.  Just sayin

not to be rude or anything, but yawn.  i just don't find the genre interesting enough to hear it presented by someone else.

analog kid

Quote from: McPhallus on November 04, 2013, 07:09:52 PM
I emailed Paul a couple hours ago.  No response.

I wonder if it was Paul who put up that temporary show schedule that said something like "jack and shit."

alleyrulez

any theory as to what kind of contract Art had with Sirius?

Quote from: Luna on November 04, 2013, 07:10:03 PM
You are awesome. I'm freaking out a bit, I was soo happy having art back! 

Let's keep emailing SiriusXM, telling them how much we are looking forward to new shoes!

I mostly feel the same as you do. But honestly, I've had the same pair of chucks for a few years and even though they are falling apart, and near being replaced, new shoes won't do much to brighten my day after this non-announcement. And I doubt sirius even cares about my shoes anyway.

Quote from: Remley on November 04, 2013, 07:09:59 PM
Art's FB statement said that by mutual agreement, Dark Matter will no longer air.

It doesn't say Dark Matter is over.  IF it was absolutely over, they'd pull the website, and certainly not update it for tonight's show.

Probably just a different delivery system than Sirius due to Art's frustration with some of SXM's issues.

Listening to the past six weeks, I never sensed he was weary or unenthusiastic, he seemed happy to be back and enjoying himself.

I think he will stream a show through his website, the past six weeks proved the audience and demand is there.  He wouldn't invest the time and effort in Dark Matter website and products if he had intended a very short run.  I'm sure he owns everything about DM and will simply employ a different method of delivery of his product.

If not, and this is truly the end, I've enjoyed the past six weeks and I'm glad he came back.

What I'm curious about is whether or not a non-compete clause was part of Art's contract with SiriusXM.  If so, we might not be hearing Art again for a looooooong time, if at all.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: NefariousBanana on November 04, 2013, 07:13:39 PM
What I'm curious about is whether or not a non-compete clause was part of Art's contract with SiriusXM.  If so, we might not be hearing Art again for a looooooong time, if at all.

What company would want to take a chance with him after this?