• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130916 - Michio Kaku - Physics and show premiere

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 16, 2013, 06:46:07 AM

MikeJ

Quote from: bateman on September 16, 2013, 08:56:32 PM
Just wormholed to Art:

I would disagree with Michio's pollyannish outlook. We're not really seeing the spread of democracy, are we? Dictators are being toppled, but often replaced with extremist theocracies.

I was thinking the same thing.

SgtRocko

Okay, the Phaedra song I can do without LOL  AAAAAAAAAACKKKKK

primus42

jazmunda

Whoah! That advertisement for the Jay Thomas Show was a bit naughty.

MABUSE

OK,
I'll bell the elephant in the room (to badly mix awful metaphors):

With the Return of the King, will we (hopefully) see a Trahison des Clercs so to speak?
i.e. will The Gilded Turd find himself effectively guestless now?
Will he simply have a lot more Corsi and Jones?
Given his obvious allergy to "omphen lines," how will he fill the time?
Perhaps we should email our favorite guests and urge them to only appear with Art.
I suspect given PreRads sleaziness and Nuri's known bitter-bitchiness, anyone appearing on Dark Matter will be black-balled
from C2C, which is a really typically short-sighted decision. 
Interesting dilemma for them: burn the last of the bridges or make George suck it up and eat it, cold, from a dog bowl, on his hands and knees...

**M**

ziznak

I hope he unleashes some more venom towards "thuh haterzz."  Please verbally destroy Snore's Art.... ah god i can taste it!

Desmond

Bummer... I always enjoyed hearing Wayne Green on Art's show.

Thats the best of Jay Thomas. What a fucking idiot. Hes a perfect match for Noory.

MISTER BELL! HOW DARE YOU! I THOUGHT THAT I WAS RID OF YOU YOU DISGUSTIZER! YOU ARE A DEVIL AND A REBEL HOW DARE YOU SATELLIZE YOURSELF! ITS TIME YOU WERE GONE FOR GOOD!

Sardondi

(Replying to Nucky's comment that beginning of show was edge-of-the-seat radio - Quotes impossible, due to  ERROR 500" notice)

I agree. Riveting. I can't think of any radio like this in my lifetime. It's like Orson Welles. Surely Sirius has seen a huge uptick in trials if not outright subscriptions.

Oh, I note about Kaku's comments about his opinion we have a 50-50 shot at making it to a Type I civilization (did I get that right?), when he was giving examples of what had helped change his mind, and he gave the fact that we "had hit rock bottom" with the economy, and that things had improved with the world political situation, and he used the "Arab Spring" as an example of a success. To me Kaku needs to stay in his area of expertise, because he sounds hopelessly naive and ill informed when he speaks of world political and economic events. It's almost embarrassing for him to suggest that our economy bottomed out. Because things can get much much worse economically. And he thinks the "Arab Spring" was a success? That democracy has made such inroads that he could actually suggest that these governments were democracies which would not attack each other? He just sounds hopelessly amateurish not to recognize the reactionary attacks by the Muslim Brotherhood, and the gains radical Islam has made in Libya, Egypt and Syria, not to mention sub-Saharan Africa.

Tend to your knitting Doctor K, and leave the politics to those who at least keep up with what's happening.

coaster

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 08:59:51 PM
Yes it was. I wish people knew that being vulgar doesn't mean you're funny.

Heather Wade

Quote from: lonevoice on September 16, 2013, 08:57:42 PM
Welcome to BellGab.  You're here because you're one of the cool kids.  Post lots.

Beat me to it Lonevoice! I was going to say the same thing! I have not been here that long, but I say "Welcome!"

Thank god... I've been dying to hear him talk about Fukushima.

SaucyRossy

John B. Wells take note. This is how a true master discusses this topic without schilling fear mongering products.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on September 16, 2013, 09:01:50 PM
MISTER BELL! HOW DARE YOU! I THOUGHT THAT I WAS RID OF YOU YOU DISGUSTIZER! YOU ARE A DEVIL AND A REBEL HOW DARE YOU SATELLIZE YOURSELF! ITS TIME YOU WERE GONE FOR GOOD!

No JC please! LOL

lava filling

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 16, 2013, 09:01:13 PM
Thats the best of Jay Thomas. What a fucking idiot. Hes a perfect match for Noory.

who is this guy? he sounded like an idiot.  and he was actually asking who art bell is?  ::)

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 08:59:51 PM

I don't think Art is going to be too happy about that.

Besides being trashy and stupid and pointless, I think it takes away from his show.  So did the lead in show.

It that really the best Sirius can do?

AstroBuzz

Hello friends!

I've been following this forum for awhile now...some good laughs. I've been listening to Art Bell since 1997. I even have one of his commemorative cd's of his old website.  :D

Anyways, I downloaded the SiriusXM app and signed up for the free 30 day trial (no credit card required) just so I can listen to Art Bell's Dark Matter. So nice hearing Art again...and Ross.

Long live Art Bell!!!  ;D

onan

Quote from: lava filling on September 16, 2013, 09:03:52 PM
who is this guy? he sounded like an idiot.  and he was actually asking who art bell is?  ::)

He is a undertalented, unlikeable wannabe actor. He had a small recurring role on Mork and Mindy... some other show... can't remember. I have given him a couple hours simply due to presence on the indie channel. He is sour, bitter, and blames others for his inability to be friendly.

bateman

Quote from: Sardondi on September 16, 2013, 09:01:58 PM
(Replying to Nucky's comment that beginning of show was edge-of-the-seat radio - Quotes impossible, due to  ERROR 500" notice)

I agree. Riveting. I can't think of any radio like this in my lifetime. It's like Orson Welles. Surely Sirius has seen a huge uptick in trials if not outright subscriptions.

Oh, I note about Kaku's comments about his opinion we have a 50-50 shot at making it to a Type I civilization (did I get that right?), when he was giving examples of what had helped change his mind, and he gave the fact that we "had hit rock bottom" with the economy, and that things had improved with the world political situation, and he used the "Arab Spring" as an example of a success. To me Kaku needs to stay in his area of expertise, because he sounds hopelessly naive and ill informed when he speaks of world political and economic events. It's almost embarrassing for him to suggest that our economy bottomed out. Because things can get much much worse economically. And he thinks the "Arab Spring" was a success? That democracy has made such inroads that he could actually suggest that these governments were democracies which would not attack each other? He just sounds hopelessly amateurish not to recognize the reactionary attacks by the Muslim Brotherhood, and the gains radical Islam has made in Libya, Egypt and Syria, not to mention sub-Saharan Africa.

Tend to your knitting Doctor K, and leave the politics to those who at least keep up with what's happening.

This. Pollyannish, bordering on delusional, Dr. Kaku.

Chine

Chills hearing 'Velvet Morning'. Btw, Nancy Sinatra is 'Phaedra'. My friend and mentor (now passed) designed Nancy's boots for that famous song...'These boots are made for walking'

lonevoice

Quote from: AstroBuzz on September 16, 2013, 09:04:41 PM
Long live Art Bell!!!  ;D
Welcome to BellGab, friend.

You can't unring a Bell!!  Hey, PremRat, can you hear us now?  HAHahahha

Sardondi

Heh. Kaku says robots' intelligence equal to "retarded, lobotomized insects".

It's official-Noory is a robot. Darn 999 beat me to the presses.

onan

Quote from: bateman on September 16, 2013, 09:07:31 PM
This. Pollyannish, bordering on delusional, Dr. Kaku.

yeah but he will beat your ass in physics.