• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Quote from: Chine on September 30, 2013, 06:11:14 PM
Fight, that cherry almond coconut milkshake...my my.

I know, right?  But life is short; sometimes you just have to say, 'what the f___.'

aldousburbank

Quote from: Chine on September 30, 2013, 06:06:06 PM
Aldous! Have you ever been to Shanghai?
I've been shanghied, but not to it.

It turns out I was born, or that's what they tell me, in a small town within sight of Jerome, in Arizona btw.  Mingus Mountain, the Verde River Valley.  There are still river otters there.  In Arizona.  How cool is that?

Jerome is special fer sure.  Lots of old mining, then hippie lore there.  Castaneda's Don Juan is said to have hung out with the psychedelic biker boys of the early 70's. Arists and outlaws, and now tourists.  These are my old haunts and I return to them at least once a year.  Just up the way is Montezuma's Castle (a cliff house) and Montezuma's Well, a large, natural fresh water cistern.  The trail around and into the well should not be missed if you are in the area.  One of my fave spots in all space and time is where the subterranean water flow, out of the well, is carefully monitored by a huge old ancient cottonwood tree whose enormous trunk envelops the mind with whispers of the stories it has seen.

Chine

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 30, 2013, 06:19:40 PM

I know, right?  But life is short; sometimes you just have to say, 'what the f___.'

Oops. Removed that as I should have replied on other thread but as you showed up here, posted here. My But yes..yummy.

Quote from: Chine on September 30, 2013, 06:24:48 PM
Oops. Removed that as I should have replied on other thread but as you showed up here, posted here. My But yes..yummy.

Indeed, it is.

Say, you wouldn't be one of those 'vegans' I hear so much about, would you?

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 06:23:26 PM
I've been shanghied, but not to it.

It turns out I was born, or that's what they tell me, in a small town within sight of Jerome, in Arizona btw.  Mingus Mountain, the Verde River Valley.  There are still river otters there.  In Arizona.  How cool is that?

Jerome is special fer sure.  Lots of old mining, then hippie lore there.  Castaneda's Don Juan is said to have hung out with the psychedelic biker boys of the early 70's. Arists and outlaws, and now tourists.  These are my old haunts and I return to them at least once a year.  Just up the way is Montezuma's Castle (a cliff house) and Montezuma's Well, a large, natural fresh water cistern.  The trail around and into the well should not be missed if you are in the area.  One of my fave spots in all space and time is where the subterranean water flow, out of the well, is carefully monitored by a huge old ancient cottonwood tree whose enormous trunk envelops the mind with whispers of the stories it has seen.

Oh how I love it there. Miss it terribly. Yes, the art and gypsy heart in me craves it. So, I was walking through town, near the Flatiron cafe...and winding along I stumble on three women. Cloaked in black and purple...maniac giggles. They were selling crystals and jewelry. We begin talking and I recognized they were witches. We spoke a bit and then they showed me carvings. Catholic priests hanging in nooses. Poppets and so forth. They were sharing with me various tales and the like. Up the hill in a house barely upright and beaten to hell...in the wooded area...there was a grave / pit...about 12 feet by 7 or 8. Guessing it was 6 feet deep. That's when my husband came long...'okay...hey! This was fun but we got a date with some cheeseburgers and beer.' Being in the metaphysical community in Vegas...wasn't too freakish. Oh, and The House of Joy... Some of my dearest antique treasures from there.

aldousburbank

Once played music in Jerome's "Spirit Room".  Spooky audience.

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 06:48:15 PM
Once played music in Jerome's "Spirit Room".  Spooky audience.

This would have been perfect in your 'weird, crazy experiences' thread.

BobGrau

haha Knapp geeking out about the breaking bad finale! Also, in the Paulides segment, I'm sure I caught a rather specific reference to a portal.

WOTR

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 30, 2013, 10:59:44 AM
This is the area we were hiking:

Wow those are beautiful.  I love the Pacific Northwest, the islands and all of those ancient rain forests along the coast.

I was right- I had a tough time forgetting that there was brain matter splattered across the back seat of the Lincoln.  I suppose it would make an interesting read- but I just cannot believe that anybody has any idea how the world would be different if certain events did not happen.  Perhaps I just do not have the imagination for it.  Not bad- just not my thing.

However, I did love the disappearances again.  Honestly, Knapp could have him on every Sunday and I would be glued to the radio...

HorrorRetro

Quote from: wotr1 on October 01, 2013, 12:06:46 AM
Wow those are beautiful.  I love the Pacific Northwest, the islands and all of those ancient rain forests along the coast.

However, I did love the disappearances again.  Honestly, Knapp could have him on every Sunday and I would be glued to the radio...

The area is spectacular.  This area we were hiking in is about 30 miles from us.  We have a marsh less than a block behind us that looks very similar to those pics I took.  There are moss and ferns everywhere.  To me, it looks prehistoric. It's really nice to walk through in the rain.

I agree that Paulides is a great guest.  I think he's my favorite guest these days.  What I heard of last night's show really scared me.  I'd love for Art to have him on DM.

BobGrau

Been listening to sunday's show on and off all day, particularly impressed by the phrase '...handle the johnson situation'

saucerlike

I've been so into Dark Matter, I kind of forgot about George Knapp...  Didn't realize there was a new update with David Paulides.  Been meaning to pick up his book but can't seem to find it on my bookmarks.  I suppose it might be moot after I listen to the show.

Juan Cena

Quote from: saucerlike on October 15, 2013, 02:19:51 PM
I've been so into Dark Matter, I kind of forgot about George Knapp...  Didn't realize there was a new update with David Paulides.  Been meaning to pick up his book but can't seem to find it on my bookmarks.  I suppose it might be moot after I listen to the show.

You could always send in a request on ArtBell.com to have Paulides on as a guest and have the best of both worlds.  :)

Nebraska888

Knapp is on tonight!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Nebraska888 on October 20, 2013, 10:03:00 PM
Knapp is on tonight!
The hell you say!  Damn, what did I do with that terrestrial radio?

Scully

It's indeed a Knapp Night tonight.  More than enough reason to backslide into "that other show."  :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Scully on October 20, 2013, 10:27:15 PM
It's indeed a Knapp Night tonight.  More than enough reason to backslide into "that other show."  :)
Well then.  Let's do this.

Quick Karl

But the guest, Uri Gellar, is a fraud - I mean the guy was a best friend of Michael Jackson!

There was a YouTube of him getting caught doing one of his bending the spoon tricks (maybe it was a key) and he got all witchy about it and got up and left.

Magic tricks used to amuse me when I was 7. Not so much after that...

popple

I recall Uri was leading on the "michael jackson death hoax" believers. Some people even thought he was hiding MJ.

Quick Karl

I recall watching The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and, he couldn't bend the spoon!

Uri Geller likes his chicken spicy.

Quick Karl

Uri: "My mother is related to Sigmund Freud"...

BWAHAhahahahahahahaha - ok time for the classic music channel. Love ya Knapp but, gotta go now!

Bring out your spooooon!

Uri Geller's gonna put the moves on Elaine.

I'm out. Can't listen to anymore Uri-on-Uri.

I had a spoon lying across my phone (which I am using to listen to the show). It moved/slid a little.  Could have slipped, as both are kind of slippery.  Still, a little weird even if just a coincidence.

My spoon, that I placed upon my Radio Shack transistor radio, just lay there like a slug.  Shoot.

I even did the rebel yell:  "now, n o w, NOW!"

Scully

My spoon, which I laid on my keyboard (listening on I Heart Radio) just sat there and looked at me, but I think I heard a tiny EVP saying "d-u-m-m-y."

Quote from: Scully on October 21, 2013, 02:33:08 AM
My spoon, which I laid on my keyboard (listening on I Heart Radio) just sat there and looked at me, but I think I heard a tiny EVP saying "d-u-m-m-y."

I Want To Believe

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 20, 2013, 10:38:18 PM
But the guest, Uri Gellar, is a fraud...

That's the thing about George Knapp.  He has the absolute worst guests.  As a host he's not sucky like the Snorge, and he's not a punk like Ian, but his shows are mostly unlistenable because of the guests.

And this is a show built around having guests that are often frauds.  Knapp's guests are generally that much worse than the rest.

It's too bad.  He's only on once a month, I think, and he can't find 12 good guests a year, or even 5 or 6?