• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Voting Experiences - Good or Bad

Started by Up All Night, November 07, 2017, 05:23:13 PM

Up All Night

I voted today, Nov. 7th. There were no elections, to vote on, just Texas Constitutional Amendments, and a Dallas County Proposition.

I had researched the amendments on a Democratic site, and, for the ones I didn't have much of a clue about, the way the Dem. site said to go, well, I voted opposite.  ;D

My voting location for my precinct was a school gymnasium. There were about 6 or 7 staff inside.

In Texas, you are required to show a valid photo ID, which I presented with my Voter Registration Card.

After I finished marking the 11"x14" ballot, I walked toward the machine, where you feed it in, at the top, and it's scanned and automatically deposited into the ballot box.

So, as I was approaching the ballot box, this "helper" starts walking toward me, to offer me instructions on how I need to do it. He was a 55 year old male, and of Mexican origin, with English as his second language.

He told me to "put it face in."

I told him I didn't understand. And he reached toward me, as if I was to now give him my ballot for him to put it in the machine. But I held onto the ballot, and I told him "No", and, that I wanted him to tell me what the instruction was. He then told me the same thing, to "put it face in." I then said, trying to figure out what he meant, "What would be the other option from putting it face in ?"  thinking that would shed some light on what he was trying to say. But he had no answer. He was silent.

By that time, another helper, seeing the situation,  walked over to tell me I could put the ballot in on either side. So I then looked at the original helper, and told him, "Oh, you mean I could put the ballot in face up" and he smiled and nodded 'yes'.

And so, I put the ballot in face up, like I was originally going to do in the first place.

Swishypants

That was John Wiley Price in a Halloween Mask. He wants all the washing machines in Dallas to be Black, not White, but they all have black agitators in them and he is afraid things will reverse on him.

Taaroa

I dislike voting, but it's compulsory here. Some experiences:

-Voting took so long during one election that where I'd parked changed to a clearway, and I got a parking ticket which was worth double the fine for not voting.

-Voting places will normally have only one entrance, and workers/volunteers for the political parties will crowd around the entrance and force (as in actually try to place in your hand and force you to take) their 'how to vote cards' and other garbage. Have had a sitting federal politician actually block my way trying to talk to me/shake my hand.

-Past few elections the senate ballot papers have been extremely long (one was over 3ft), and don't really fit in your voting booth. Elections are instant runoff style, so you have to number the candidates/parties by your preference.

ShayP

I live in Virginia.  I had no problems.  Went to the polling center around noon and there were only 4 people in front of me.  I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. 

I figured it would be a long wait considering we had to vote for Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Commonwealth attorney, City Sheriff, City Treasurer, Delegate of my district, and a referendum. 

Upon entering the poll a volunteer explains the ballot to you then you step forward and present an official picture ID.  I tried to present my voters card as well but was told they didn't need it.  They put my drivers license in a scanner then a receipt was printed out.  I then was presented the ballot and shown to a booth.

Our ballot was 2 sided and you just have to fill in the bubbles next to the candidates name with a black pen and of course next to any referendum whether it be YES or NO.  I then presented the ballot and receipt to another person who instructed me how to put the ballot in the scanner.  It scanned both sides at once so I just had to put it in leading with the top of the page.  Once the screen prompted 'Vote accepted' I was given my "I voted" sticker and was on my way.

Some restaurants will give you free coffee if you show them the sticker.  BONUS!  :D

I love voting.  8)  ...and not just for the possibility of free coffee.  ;)

Up All Night

Quote from: Taaroa on November 08, 2017, 03:33:20 AM
-Voting took so long during one election that where I'd parked changed to a clearway, and I got a parking ticket which was worth double the fine for not voting.

-Voting places will normally have only one entrance, and workers/volunteers for the political parties will crowd around the entrance and force (as in actually try to place in your hand and force you to take) their 'how to vote cards' and other garbage. Have had a sitting federal politician actually block my way trying to talk to me/shake my hand.

-Past few elections the senate ballot papers have been extremely long (one was over 3ft), and don't really fit in your voting booth. Elections are instant runoff style, so you have to number the candidates/parties by your preference.

1. For the 2008 Presidential Election, many people were wither given tickets or their cars were towed in no parking zones, as their wasn't sufficient parking near the school for either the voting, or the precinct meeting later that night after the polls closed.

2. In Texas, at least, laws prohibit anyone from loitering, I think it's 100 feet from the polling door entrance.

3. In Dallas County, for Presidential elections, it's all electronic. So you input all of your selections on a touch screen. They've been doing that a number of years.

Gd5150

I live in Ignored Counties of Communist California. We don’t vote anymore. The legislature is 70% demokkkrat. Its no reflection of the actual legal population. Which coincides with their activities that ignore the wishes of the voters. Great place to live.

Here are a few recent example.
Despite having the most expensive gas in the United States, our governor passed as .17 cent gas tax without voter approval.
The CA speed train that’s been voted down numerous times is being built. It had an estimated price tag of 50 billion. After 3 of the 400 miles have been completed, the new estimates are over a trillion.
The CA water tunnels that have been voted down by voters and continue to be built.

We’re the proud home of pedophile Hollywood.

We don’t check IDs to vote. I have voted in presincts I wasn’t registered in. You just sign an affidavit. Your ID isn’t check then either. Every county uses different voting methods from butterfly ballots to
machines.

If you register to vote, or move and reregister, you be summoned for jury duty within 90 days.

Swishypants

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 08, 2017, 08:39:25 PM
I live in Ignored Counties of Communist California. We don’t vote anymore. The legislature is 70% demokkkrat. Its no reflection of the actual legal population. Which coincides with their activities that ignore the wishes of the voters. Great place to live.

Here are a few recent example.
Despite having the most expensive gas in the United States, our governor passed as .17 cent gas tax without voter approval.
The CA speed train that’s been voted down numerous times is being built. It had an estimated price tag of 50 billion. After 3 of the 400 miles have been completed, the new estimates are over a trillion.
The CA water tunnels that have been voted down by voters and continue to be built.

We’re the proud home of pedophile Hollywood.
We don’t check IDs to vote. I have voted in presincts I wasn’t registered in. You just sign an affidavit. Your ID isn’t check then either. Every county uses different voting methods from butterfly ballots to
machines.

If you register to vote, or move and reregister, you be summoned for jury duty within 90 days.

All the REAL Californians need to come to Texas.  30rd. Mags hell! You can buy 20mm cannons here! Our Governor used to work for my family. We're good!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 08, 2017, 08:47:46 PM
All the REAL Californians need to come to Texas.  30rd. Mags hell! You can buy 20mm cannons here! Our Governor used to work for my family. We're good!

Is there a Texas in Canada too?  :D

Lord Grantham

Didn't bother this year. The three things to vote on were as follows:

A vote to select someone to complete the last year of a state senate seat.

Mayor - unopposed.

City Council - three people, all unopposed.

Yeah, not going to bother.