• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

After Midnight with Anthony

Started by AC400KICK, February 25, 2019, 10:23:41 PM

albrecht

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2019, 02:11:24 PM
I get that.  Your concern is that he's talking while he's driving.  He DOES pull over to read his comments.  I'm not sure talking while driving with your youtube live streaming, is any different than talking with passengers in your car.  What do you think?  It is illegal to talk with your cell phone at your ear, or to text message while driving in the US.
I think experience trumps even preoccupation in some circumstances. We worry about sharks, terrorism, etc but statistically we are more in danger on the road from someone looking at their phone, putting on makeup, drunk, or whatever. Having said that, I have no statistics to prove this, I actually would feel safer with some middle-aged truckdriver who had a few beers driving his car home than some kid who just got his license. I don't know the standards but I think you are correct that most States have passed laws about cellphone use when driving. Not sure though with all the new maps, radio, etc systems in dash or mounted dashcams, live streaming, etc.  I think there were some studies that claimed even talking to people was distracting.
My view is that everyone should drive like they are criminal or a spy. My theory means pay attention, check your six, look out for police, notice other driver's behavior. keep checking what's far ahead as well as closer, obey traffic laws since you don't want to draw attention, maintain your vehicle, know where you are going, etc.

Lilith

Quote from: albrecht on March 31, 2019, 02:31:57 PM
I think experience trumps even preoccupation in some circumstances. We worry about sharks, terrorism, etc but statistically we are more in danger on the road from someone looking at their phone, putting on makeup, drunk, or whatever. Having said that, I have no statistics to prove this, I actually would feel safer with some middle-aged truckdriver who had a few beers driving his car home than some kid who just got his license. I don't know the standards but I think you are correct that most States have passed laws about cellphone use when driving. Not sure though with all the new maps, radio, etc systems in dash or mounted dashcams, live streaming, etc.  I think there were some studies that claimed even talking to people was distracting.
My view is that everyone should drive like they are criminal or a spy. My theory means pay attention, check your six, look out for police, notice other driver's behavior. keep checking what's far ahead as well as closer, obey traffic laws since you don't want to draw attention, maintain your vehicle, know where you are going, etc.

While I agree with your theory, I would add,  good luck with depending on that in real life, in all cases. 

One other comment, Anthonys phone IS mounted on his dash, and he is also uses the GPS instructions to get across the country, which could also be considered a distraction, but in real life, it's what people do.  They also eat and talk while driving.  Sad but true in real life.

Cars are also not good for the environment.  Maybe they should be banned.

Mostly, I get the impression from your earlier post, that you didn't realize Anthony was parked in the WhiteCastle parking lot while he was reading and replying to his comments.  Maybe that's were we are seeing things differently.  I could be wrong.

I LIKE Anthony, and I'm enjoying watching his trip with him.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2019, 02:40:56 PM
While I agree with your theory, I would add,  good luck with depending on that in real life, in all cases. 

One other comment, Anthonys phone IS mounted on his dash, and he is also uses the GPS instructions to get across the country, which could also be considered a distraction, but in real life, it's what people do.  They also eat and talk while driving.  Sad but true in real life.
I think the safest driving I ever did was many years ago when my old truck couldn't pass the new emissions so I had expired tag and didn't want to get a ticket. I was vigilant. Had it down about what lanes to use, where cops were, maintain speed, etc. That's when I came up with my theory of driving. It also can help keep you alert. You can play games, like pretend you are a spy or someone is after you, that will keep you less distracted. Try to recognize vehicles, memorize license plates, notice odd activity, look out for tails, take a different route home every day, don't rely on GPS but learn the area, etc. 

Yeah, now I see that he was not driving when talking. I hope he and all stay safe. I'm not sure what to make out of this roadtrip or him but wish only the best.

Lilith

Quote from: albrecht on March 31, 2019, 02:48:19 PM
I think the safest driving I ever did was many years ago when my old truck couldn't pass the new emissions so I had expired tag and didn't want to get a ticket. I was vigilant. Had it down about what lanes to use, where cops were, maintain speed, etc. That's when I came up with my theory of driving. It also can help keep you alert. You can play games, like pretend you are a spy or someone is after you, that will keep you less distracted. Try to recognize vehicles, memorize license plates, notice odd activity, look out for tails, take a different route home every day, don't rely on GPS but learn the area, etc. 

Yeah, now I see that he was not driving when talking. I hope he and all stay safe. I'm not sure what to make out of this roadtrip or him but wish only the best.

I'm happy we were able to come to an agreement.  Driving anywhere is a risk.  I TOO, hope Anthony, and everybody on the road stays safe.  We know, in reality, not everyone will make it home safe on the road today.  :(  On the other hand, I'm happy, that with Anthonys past, that he's not afraid to enjoy life, take risks, and do things that will make people laugh, even if it's at his own expense.

Lilith

With all that said, as much as Anthony is enjoying his trip, and as much as his fans are enjoying it, if Anthony had asked my advice before he took off on the road, I would have suggested he stay home, and take care of his girlfriend.  She's been good to him. 

He didn't ask my advice, so there's that.

I get the strong impression, that part of the reason he's taking the trip, is that I think he'd like to try and meet this Autumn person in Texas.  BIG mistake IMO.

I could be wrong.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 31, 2019, 09:24:11 AM
I have no idea what I'm watching but I'm watching.....................

haha

Quote from: albrecht on March 31, 2019, 11:30:34 AM
Don't hit a taxi, destroy your XM radio and wind-shield in a rage, and have some, non-described in story, "item" in your trunk that alerts police interest. 

I think that's in the Driver's Manual you get at the DMV when getting your learner's permit, isn't it?

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2019, 01:44:43 PM
I don't really understand why Miller doesn't seem to like Anthony anymore.  Anthony is buying a nice new Suit, to visit Arts grave, wants to meet Heather, if she's agreeable to that, and wants to buy Milluh a Miller.

Miller should be happy about and looking forward to a visit from his hip, New Yorker, internet acquaintance that has never threatened him in the past. He should be totally fine with this and not worried at all.

Quote from: albrecht on March 31, 2019, 02:08:50 PM
My only concern is possible distracted driving.  Even a small car is essentially a deadly weapon, as Muslims have shown us. It is apparently safer to drive drunk than be on the phone/camera while driving, not that I'm advocating drunk driving either.  Just recently happened. Tragic. Interestingly accident was apparently caught on camera--- from a gun store, of course. Texas baby!

Anthony has mentioned that he's going to drive his car through Miller's front door but I guess that wouldn't really be considered distracted driving, so no worries there.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 31, 2019, 11:19:21 AM
Well this has taken a strange turn...............

It brings a tear of joy to my eye to see you people +WOTR posting again.

Lilith

My view of the Anthony/Milluh fiasco:

Miller and Anthony were very good friends up until Milluh told Anthony that he wanted to keep his HeatherForever Facebook Group, focused on Heather stuff, since Anthony was posting his vids etc, to Milluhs group.  Anthony was confused and hurt, because it appeared to him, that other members of the group were posting all sorts of stuff not related to Heather, and didn't understand why Milluh would ask Anthony not to post non-Heather related stuff to his group, while other people appeared to be allowed to do so, from Anthonys point of view.  After he got over it, Anthony agreed that it was Milluhs group, to make rules as he pleased, so Anthony made his own plans, to make his own trip, and make his own videos.

I hope this helps Miller and Anthony mend their friendship.  They seemed to be such good friends, and having such a good time together. Anthony appears to hold no lingering hard feelings toward Milluh, and just wants to buy him a Miller.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 31, 2019, 02:31:57 PM
Yep.  Defensive driving.  It also helps to have a "stealth" vehicle, at least with law enforcement and avoiding road ragers.  Something low-key and neutral in color, no "arrest me" red.  A boxy, grey, older Toyota Avalon sedan is probably ideal.  They'll just think you're some old fart puttering around.  Just don't provoke anyone by driving too slow. ;)

Rain

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2019, 03:54:17 PM
With all that said, as much as Anthony is enjoying his trip, and as much as his fans are enjoying it, if Anthony had asked my advice before he took off on the road, I would have suggested he stay home, and take care of his girlfriend.  She's been good to him. 

He didn't ask my advice, so there's that.

I get the strong impression, that part of the reason he's taking the trip, is that I think he'd like to try and meet this Autumn person in Texas.  BIG mistake IMO.

I could be wrong.
What do you think of autumn person?

Lilith

Quote from: Rain on March 31, 2019, 04:47:11 PM
What do you think of autumn person?

Nothing really, I just think Liza is a nice GF.  When somebody has a nice GF (which is rare to find), that one should treasure, and take care of that person.  Even with an open relationship, risks are risks, if you have someone that has been there for you in your times of need.  Also, I would suggest to the Autumn person, that if Anthony will take this risk at losing Liza, he will also probably eventually take a risk at losing Autumn, if Anthony and Autumn choose to pursue this further.  There would always be the concern about  "Loyality issues" IMO.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 31, 2019, 04:45:36 PM
Yep.  Defensive driving.  It also helps to have a "stealth" vehicle, at least with law enforcement and avoiding road ragers.  Something low-key and neutral in color, no "arrest me" red.  A boxy, grey, older Toyota Avalon sedan is probably ideal.  They'll just think you're some old fart puttering around.  Just don't provoke anyone by driving too slow. ;)
There is, apparently, a totally different school on thought on this. I -guess- the idea is something like "too much paperwork" or "I don't want to call out the SWAT team and would rather go home tonight" idea? My thinking on seeing some interesting vehicles here in Austin. 

1) some kid, I don't think even of a drinking age, who had a truck in which he had put "Four Loko" decals all over it (if you are not familiar- this was a highly controversial alcoholic beverage and a very cheap price-point that combined high alcohol volume with a "benefit" of energy via caffeine and other substances. Often ensuring black-outs and drunk antics/crimes by drinkers.) 

2) some hippies whose van, of suspect road-worthyness, that had a bumpsticker: "I'm Not As Think as you STONED I am." Or something like that. And some National Park and Grateful Dead stuff. 

3) the guy who drives around with placards in his truck bed and whose whole truck is covered in scrawls about things like "911 Inside Job," Biblical messages, images of AR-15s, and such. 

4) the guy, props to him, who was driving and "rolling coal" (look it up) when Trump got elected with Yuuge Trump flags on his lifted pickup around an urban Austin neighborhood during school let out time. Lots of moms, and oddly, lots of hipster dads who don't work, were concerned.   

5) illegals who can drive anything, cram as many people as they wish, no insurance or registration, hang equipment, people, or brush in bed, no seat belts, have a "roadie" and never get pulled over or a ticket. But if you have an expired tag and a citizen. Get a ticket.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 31, 2019, 05:06:08 PM
There is, apparently, a totally different school on thought on this. I -guess- the idea is something like "too much paperwork" or "I don't want to call out the SWAT team and would rather go home tonight" idea? My thinking on seeing some interesting vehicles here in Austin.
1) some kid, I don't think even of a drinking age, who had a truck in which he had put "Four Loko" decals all over it (if you are not familiar- this was a highly controversial alcoholic beverage and a very cheap price-point that combined high alcohol volume with a "benefit" of energy via caffeine and other substances. Often ensuring black-outs and drunk antics/crimes by drinkers.) 

2) some hippies whose van, of suspect road-worthyness, that had a bumpsticker: "I'm Not As Think as you STONED I am." Or something like that. And some National Park and Grateful Dead stuff. 

3) the guy who drives around with placards in his truck bed and whose whole truck is covered in scrawls about things like "911 Inside Job," Biblical messages, images of AR-15s, and such. 

4) the guy, props to him, who was driving and "rolling coal" (look it up) when Trump got elected with Yuuge Trump flags on his lifted pickup around an urban Austin neighborhood during school let out time. Lots of moms, and oddly, lots of hipster dads who don't work, were concerned.
LOL.  Well, Austin be Austin. :) A vehicle that would stand out in a "normal" area, which admittedly seems to be shrinking, might fit right in there.  An old VW Thing, jacked-up, with off road tires, peace stickers, Willy Nelson and Shiner stickers and wearing an H&M cowboy hat, if they even make them, might be better for Austin.  Need to blend with the cowboys and the hipsters, definitely tricky.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 31, 2019, 05:22:11 PM
LOL.  Well, Austin be Austin. :) A vehicle that would stand out in a "normal" area, which admittedly seems to be shrinking, might fit right in there.  An old VW Thing, jacked-up, with off road tires, peace stickers, Willy Nelson and Shiner stickers and wearing an H&M cowboy hat, if they even make them, might be better for Austin.  Need to blend with the cowboys and the hipsters, definitely tricky.
It would fit in, assuming the Thing had a V8 retro-fitted into it. VW's Thing, despite cool appearance, has no power!

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 31, 2019, 05:41:29 PM
It would fit in, assuming the Thing had a V8 retro-fitted into it. VW's Thing, despite cool appearance, has no power!
Sure, let's fit in a V8.  Since we're going to spend some bucks, let's have a first rate customizer make it a hybrid, too, just to appease the hipsters.  ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 31, 2019, 11:25:48 AM
I dunno.   I did learn that I don't want to get drug off by the NYC coppers and hauled into Bellevue and injected with anti-psychotics
That conclusion required a description of the process? I have always just assumed that this would be low on the bucket list for most people...  ;)

WOTR

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 31, 2019, 03:57:48 PM
It brings a tear of joy to my eye to see you people +WOTR posting again.
Woohoo! Finally! WAN is "you people" and I have a name.  :P

Good to see you as well, Roswells.

***I am heading to Atlanta for a week or two, and may be a little absent during my journey. No- I will not be live broadcasting the trip- and I do not plan on stopping in Paharump.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 01, 2019, 10:27:36 AM
YES! thank you.
Tate may be the usual celebrity prima donna, but he was a helluva singer when he was with Queensryche.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 01, 2019, 04:11:52 PM
all is calm. very Trudeau.

May Anthony and a safe and peaceable journey to Pahrump, Shalom alaikum!

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 01, 2019, 04:28:14 PM
May Anthony and a safe and peaceable journey to Pahrump, Shalom alaikum!

when Tit City meets Lit City