• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

The General

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 26, 2014, 11:54:55 AM
The world's most popular beer (in terms of consumption) is Snow.  It has 5.3% of the world market, and almost no taste.

Not quite.

As of 2008, Snow beer has annual sales of 61 million hectoliters.  That number, however, includes a large range of beers within the Snow family of beers... when Budweiser, Bud Light and the other members of the Budweiser family are counted as a single brand, they easily beat out Snow with over 100 million hectoliters a year.

Did I mention that the USA also makes better burritos than China?

Tarbaby

Sometimes forest fires are started by dying fireflies when they fall to the ground.

Quote from: The General on August 26, 2014, 03:30:58 PM
Not quite.

As of 2008, Snow beer has annual sales of 61 million hectoliters.  That number, however, includes a large range of beers within the Snow family of beers... when Budweiser, Bud Light and the other members of the Budweiser family are counted as a single brand, they easily beat out Snow with over 100 million hectoliters a year.

Did I mention that the USA also makes better burritos than China?

I'm not sure Budweiser counts as beer  :o

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 26, 2014, 04:08:14 PM
I'm not sure Budweiser counts as beer  :o

I think it's for people that like the nice bland watery taste of non-alcoholic beer, but still want a buzz.

Quote from: zeebo on August 26, 2014, 04:16:01 PM
I think it's for people that like the nice bland watery taste of non-alcoholic beer, but still want a buzz.

'atta guy  :)

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 26, 2014, 05:03:53 PM
'atta guy  :)

I will second that!  And I bet zeebo is partial to nut brown ales.   :D

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on August 26, 2014, 04:16:01 PM
What is amazing to me is that the only non-alcoholic beer in my grocery is "Old Milwaukee N/A." And there is no Old Milwaukee beer sold at the store even! At first my thought was always WTF, "why would someone want that taste, of all beer tastes, to drink if one could not drink beer." But pondering it, is it a way to keep an alkie off beer? Like a reminder of how bad a cheap beer can taste? How low you sank?
(disclaimer: I actually have fond memories of OM, particularly frosty tall-boys, from youth. Alas, no Swedish Bikini Team ever showed up during fishing trips however.)

Raymond Bailey, the veteran character actor who played Mr. Drysdale on "The Beverly Hillbillies," was bald and wore a toupee on the show.  However, in many of his movie roles, such as Dr. Silver in "The Incredible Shrinking Man," he went full cranial commando.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: albrecht on August 26, 2014, 06:01:13 PM
What is amazing to me is that the only non-alcoholic beer in my grocery is "Old Milwaukee N/A." And there is no Old Milwaukee beer sold at the store even! At first my thought was always WTF, "why would someone want that taste, of all beer tastes, to drink if one could not drink beer."...

After reading that, I'm headed out right now to look for some non-alcoholic Mickey's big mouths

[attachimg=1]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 26, 2014, 04:05:24 PM
Sometimes forest fires are started by dying fireflies when they fall to the ground.

not true.

A study of North Carolina soil found there were 124 million insects and other animals per acre, while a study in Pennsylvania estimated 425 million.

KA

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 26, 2014, 11:05:32 PM
Very interesting and surprising, but it probably beats what they're doing in Arizona.

Quote from: phrodo on August 27, 2014, 12:46:40 PM
But that doesn't beat what they're doing in Ohio.

Yet nothing beats what this forum is doing to me.

(burp)

Sardondi knew. (not a phrase from Atlas Shrugged.)

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 27, 2014, 02:01:37 PM
A study of North Carolina soil found there were 124 million insects and other animals per acre, while a study in Pennsylvania estimated 425 million.

Yep, I think most of them end up in spider webs in my back yard.     :o

albrecht

Andre The Giant and Dusty Rhodes once stole a pair of horsed-drawn carriages. It was 1977 and Andre and Dusty Rhodes had just finished pounding beers with a group of people in several New York City bars. Unwilling to cram himself into a tiny taxi cab, Andre said he and Dusty would walk back to their hotel. It wasn’t long before they ditched the idea of walking and he and Rhodes forced their way onto a pair of horse-drawn carriages, kicking the drivers out with some cash and racing the carriages for the fifteen blocks back to their hotel. The story goes that by the time the cops arrived Andre and Rhodes were at the hotel bar sipping brandy and denying any knowledge of the mayhem.

http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/05/6-hard-partying-andre-the-giant-stories-you-may-have-never-heard/

wr250

High-Tech Sleuthing Cracks Mystery of Death Valley's Moving Rocks
The first witnesses to an enduring natural mystery are an engineer, a biologist and a planetary scientist who met thanks to a remote weather station.

This odd group has captured the first video footage of Death Valley's sailing stones creeping across Racetrack Playa. For a century, these eerie rocks and their long, graceful trails have stumped visitors and scientists. The boulders of black dolomite appear to move on their own, sliding uphill across the playa's flat lakebed. The trails are the only evidence the rocks move. No one has ever seen them set sail. [Video: Sailing Stones of Death Valley Seen in Action]

Lacking direct evidence, explanations for this geologic puzzle ran the gamut, from Earth's magnetic field to gale-force winds to slippery algae. Now, with video, time-lapse photographs and GPS tracking of Racetrack Playa's moving rocks, the mystery has finally been solved.

http://www.livescience.com/47585-death-valley-moving-rocks.html

MV/Liberace!

According to the American Journal of Sports Medicine, pole vaulting is the sport with the highest death rate per participant.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on August 28, 2014, 04:36:30 PM
According to the American Journal of Sports Medicine, pole vaulting is the sport with the highest death rate per participant.

I was secretly hoping it would be javelin.

Kelt

Quote from: The General on August 26, 2014, 03:30:58 PM
Not quite.

Does Budweiser qualify as beer, though?

I've consumed some godawful 'beer'in my time, and lots of it, but nothing prepared me for the non-alcoholic bland pisswater-without-a-taste that is Budweiser.

Might be useful as a training beer for toddlers, I guess, but beyond that... jesus... truly a triumph of style over substance.

jazmunda

All the planets in the solar system would fit between Earth and the moon.

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on August 28, 2014, 07:49:51 PM
All the planets in the solar system would fit between Earth and the moon.

I think Uranus is getting a reach around.

Quote from: Kelt on August 28, 2014, 06:11:32 PM
Does Budweiser qualify as beer, though?

Thanks for sharing this unique point of view, Captain Obvious.

Kelt

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 28, 2014, 08:44:27 PM
Thanks for sharing this unique point of view, Captain Obvious.

Captain Obvious?

Is it National 80s Insults Day already?

Gnarly.

zeebo

Quote from: Kelt on August 28, 2014, 09:16:31 PM
..Is it National 80s Insults Day already?

Haha, yeah gag me with a spoon.

hello, the 80's called and...

ah, screw it.