• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

bigchucka

Quote from: akwilly on April 27, 2016, 07:34:28 AM
Am glad I don't have kids

Getting stuck having to watch one of them makes me glad I don't own one as well.

akwilly

Quote from: bigchucka on April 27, 2016, 08:15:38 AM
Getting stuck having to watch one of them makes me glad I don't own one as well.
you should try and sell the little bastard to the nearest Asian. They will eat anything

Quote from: akwilly on April 27, 2016, 07:34:28 AM
Am glad I don't have kids

I used to feel the same way until I got 'em.  Just wish they came with instructions.

bigchucka

Quote from: akwilly on April 27, 2016, 08:23:34 AM
you should try and sell the little bastard to the nearest Asian. They will eat anything

There's a scene in last Sunday's Game of Thrones...

akwilly

Quote from: bigchucka on April 30, 2016, 04:45:27 AM
There's a scene in last Sunday's Game of Thrones...
no spoilers please!!!!

bigchucka

Quote from: akwilly on April 30, 2016, 04:57:41 AM
no spoilers please!!!!

It's humorous and a side part of a conversation.  Don't worry, I'm thoughtful in what I post... I've had listening to the radio ruin UFC fights for me before, so I know the feeling when something gets spoiled

akwilly

Quote from: bigchucka on April 30, 2016, 05:04:23 AM
It's humorous and a side part of a conversation.  Don't worry, I'm thoughtful in what I post... I've had listening to the radio ruin UFC fights for me before, so I know the feeling when something gets spoiled
I appreciate that. Somehow I managed to watch the last season on DVD without any knowledge of what took place. I almost enjoy dodging the spoilers as much as I do the binge watching. Lol

Quote from: Gruntled on April 30, 2016, 04:23:46 AM
I like that.
"Surveyor"

No one knows how many of these were forged in the realm, nor how many yet survive. But many of the bestowed names are well remembered.  I count six off the top of me knobby head:

1. Joy-Bringer
2. Surveyor
3. Tritium Needle
4. Beam Crawler
5. Midnight Son
6. Odin's Wrist Bitch

whoozit

It was opening day at my RC flying club field today.

Whimsical vintage photographs of children and other small people inside the bells of large brass instruments. Please don't judge me.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on May 01, 2016, 12:08:01 AM
Whimsical vintage photographs of children and other small people inside the bells of large brass instruments. Please don't judge me.

Bell art

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 01, 2016, 12:10:17 AM
Bell art

;D

Never thought of that!  And thank you for withholding judgement.

akwilly

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on May 01, 2016, 12:08:01 AM
lol, the baby in the last picture has Trump hair

pyewacket

Happy Beltane! Celebrate the height of Spring and the flowering life it brings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLgM1QJ3S_I

Happy Beltane, pye! Lovely greenery here, but rain unfortunately. Hope your weather is more May-like.  :)

pyewacket

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on May 01, 2016, 11:28:30 AM
Happy Beltane, pye! Lovely greenery here, but rain unfortunately. Hope your weather is more May-like.  :)

It's raining here, too but it's needed for that new growth. Happy Beltane, UC.  :)

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 01, 2016, 12:24:19 PM
Happy Belltaint

Belltaint â,,¢: 'For When Your Maypole is Wrapped Too Tight.'

pate

Quote from: Gruntled on April 30, 2016, 04:23:46 AM
"Surveyor"

I did enjoy that shoe, Not Sure I understood the smoke bits though, ..Tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQLeAnhGYU, I digress

What really brangs the joie de vie for me is that dang-o Greatest Country Music Song evah thread.

I just wanted to say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2OIUpWznY

That is all...

Roswells, Art

I think I saw this when a bellgabber posted it a long time ago. I still love it:

https://youtu.be/MNCzSfv4hX8

It is bittersweet.

The little black squirrel with a ginger tail who comes calling for treats almost every day.

TigerLily

Finding a joyful thread on Bellgab I didn't even know existed!

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on June 28, 2016, 11:45:38 AM
Finding a joyful thread on Bellgab I didn't even know existed!
Hi TigerLily.

This thread has been around for a while.  I think the reason for the low page count is akin to the rating count of a station that broadcasts only good news.

I am so happy you found this thread, and for reminding me it's here. ;) :D

The 2016 edition of the venerable, if occasionally enigmatic, Camelsocks Almanac.  I followed its spring planting instructions to the letter, and am pleased to announce that my ninja snapdragons have taken over the neighborhood; the hybrid Pride of Valhalla Nordic string bean pods now have full sets of teeth and are savagely eviscerating every soft, fleshly larva that touches them; and the hedge of giant, sentient triffids I planted around the perimeter are already eleven feet tall and doing a bang up job of making destructive vermin and overly inquisitive neighbors vanish without a trace.  I didn't enjoy digging the system of salt water ditches that are necessary to contain them, but it was well worth the effort because our recent spell of unseasonable heat and humidity has made them more peevish and aggressive than usual.

Next week, the almanac predicts ideal conditions for planting flailing Dutchman, drunkard's britches, prickly spinster, succulent step-daughter, quivering bishop, and pygmy Montana dental floss.