• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: Art Bell on September 14, 2015, 04:55:13 PM
If I wanted personal credibility I would work for NBC and I would still be worried about it.

Art

Ever been shot at in war zone in a helicopter?

Mebee

If I wanted personal credibility I would work for NBC and I would still be worried about it.

Art

That's silly Art. People have long trusted your ethics and that you will not intentionally dick them around.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 05:02:20 PM
This sort of thing is important to more people than just me. A couple of them weighed in. I appreciate that. Now back to your regular programming of reciprocal back-patting....

Wait. Where are you going? I was going to make Espresso!

SciFiAuthor

Art

Go to CBS, someone's got to get Colbert off the air.

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on September 14, 2015, 05:05:35 PM
Thanks Starr! You're my heroine, too
Awww shucks.  Thank you TigerLily.  Wait . . . I don't do heroine! ::) ;D

Mild Bill

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:46:45 PM
Yes, just pile on with the insults. It seems to be the way things work here. How special.

Boy, you exude a pathos that is really sad. You just don't know when to quit. You call this community a childish clique, yet try way too hard to be a part of it.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 04:50:09 PM
I was concerned about Art's (who I have enjoyed and respected for years) personal credibility AND the perpetuation of OBVIOUSLY false fear-mongering BS on the internet. It is affecting vulnerable people's lives who fall for that shit. RoseGirl providing a fine example.

Mebee, like the cut of your jibe!
You even have Art pretending to defend himself.

Well played, indeed!

A+ for making something out of nothing.

I love Bellgab... cough, cough Prasie MV

ItsOver

Quote from: phrodo on September 14, 2015, 04:39:14 PM

...Mebee when you've been here another year our CULT will lend a modicum of credence to your unreasonable demands for what you want Art's show to be without us (or Art) taking offense to it...

Speaking of cults, did MV ever get his act in gear and set up our new religion, as was requested somewhere here on BellGab?  I feel the need to sacrifice some chupacabra, with the fall equinox coming-up.  I'm not going to let some Inuits screw that up.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on September 14, 2015, 05:15:03 PM
Speaking of cults, did MV ever get his act in gear and set up our new religion, as was requested somewhere here on BellGab?  I feel the need to sacrifice some chupacabra, with the fall equinox coming-up.  I'm not going to let some Inuits screw that up.

There seems to be several different religions forming up at this stage. MVism, Hoagslam and Periscope. Which shall be the dominant cult remains to be seen.

phrodo

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 05:04:16 PM
That's silly Art. People have long trusted your ethics and that you will not intentionally dick them around.

So now you're trying to school Art???? Priceless! You're cut from a special grade of pompous cloth.

Where's that ignore feature? I seem to recall MV saying there was one around here somewhere.

cweb

Instead of feeding the troll, here's more Creed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bacHaDK9fDA

Maybe it doesn't matter as much for paranormal talk radio, but every host should vet what news items they raise for discussion to maintain credibility. Daft, illogical stories like the Inuit elders is something you would hear on today's version of Coast (and more than likely submitted by Falkie).

AppealPlay

My favorite Creed moment is this clip.

http://youtu.be/SCrw1NCa8ho

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 14, 2015, 05:18:41 PM
There seems to be several different religions forming up at this stage. MVism, Hoagslam and Periscope. Which shall be the dominant cult remains to be seen.

Isn't it about time for a Jihad, Holy War, or at least a Crusade, say to the Bahamas?  "All non-Hoagslam infidels must die!  The facts!  Look at the facts!  19.5 forever!"

TigerLily

Art

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 14, 2015, 05:10:01 PM
Awww shucks.  Thank you TigerLily.  Wait . . . I don't do heroine! ::) ;D

;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on September 14, 2015, 05:24:04 PM
Isn't about time for a Jihad, Holy War, or at least a Crusade, say to the Bahamas?  "All non-Hoagslam infidels must die!  The facts!  Look at the facts!  19.5 forever!"

We Hoaglims have no beef with anyone except the government of Mexico for kicking our prophet out of Chichen Itza for using the accutron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_woVHaJKw0

Mebee

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 14, 2015, 05:12:10 PM

A+ for making something out of nothing.

The proliferation of fear-mongering, conspiracy-theory nonsense across the internet is not "nothing". I learned about it back in the "Planet X" days, where I saw people disrupt their entire lives over it.  What Art brought back up was soo old and thoroughly disproved, but here it is all over again, and even ART seems to have fallen for it. I choose to believe he was fooled and not just using it like Snoory does.

Mebee

Quote from: phrodo on September 14, 2015, 05:18:49 PM
So now you're trying to school Art???? Priceless! You're cut from a special grade of pompous cloth.

Where's that ignore feature? I seem to recall MV saying there was one around here somewhere.

I'm speaking to him as an adult. Is that not OK with you?

Mebee

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on September 14, 2015, 05:22:20 PM
Maybe it doesn't matter as much for paranormal talk radio, but every host should vet what news items they raise for discussion to maintain credibility. Daft, illogical stories like the Inuit elders is something you would hear on today's version of Coast (and more than likely submitted by Falkie).

BINGO

chinaclipper

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 05:29:31 PM
The proliferation of fear-mongering, conspiracy-theory nonsense across the internet is not "nothing". I learned about it back in the "Planet X" days, where I saw people disrupt their entire lives over it.  What Art brought back up was soo old and thoroughly disproved, but here it is all over again, and even ART seems to have fallen for it. I choose to believe he was fooled and not just using it like Snoory does.

OMG Mebee!  you have made your point.  now you are just making enemies.  leave it already.  we obviously disagree with your method of communicating, so join us or depart!

cweb

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 14, 2015, 05:22:41 PM
My favorite Creed moment is this clip.

http ://youtu. be/SCrw1NCa8ho
Hahaha, nice!
Might as well add this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJGmjnc8LU

indigoo

Glad I don't get worked into a nightmarish frenzy because of a silly alternative news story.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 05:29:31 PM

Man, it's just a radio program. Nothing to blow a gasket over.

Art Bell

If it was not true I was not aware of that, but if I find something of interest I read it, you judge.

Art

aldousburbank

Maybe Mebee might be mental?