• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: Freyja on September 10, 2015, 06:18:51 PM
LOL...I totally agree.

Is this another example of PC'ness going insane? What happens when more words become allegedly offensive? Do we need a new dictionary?!?!

The T & T show is supposed to be fun. Now "trash" is up for debate as a term?....seriously?

Ha!  No doubt Trash feels offended, too.  It should file a harassment suit.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: munbeam666 on September 10, 2015, 05:39:26 PM
Where is Ft Rock?

We lost the field on Media Blitz 2.0 and The DaveBots captured him

starrmtn001

Quote from: coaster on September 10, 2015, 03:59:30 PM
I missed a few shows. Been really sick and bedridden. Too sick to listen to the radio, now that sucks. But fever broke and I can move without crawling, so lets get back to Art.
Prayers and Healing Energy to you Coaster.

aldousburbank

I missed a few shows. Been really sick and bedridden. Too sick to listen to the radio, now that sucks. But fever broke and I can move without crawling, so lets get back to Art.
Have you tried saying huuuuuu?

ItsOver

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 10, 2015, 07:06:25 PM
We lost the field on Media Blitz 2.0 and The DaveBots captured him
I can see Rock piling up every cap he can find until he can climb over the POW camp's fence.  Go, Rock, go!

TigerLily

Totally off topic.   Football, FOOTball, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALLLLLLLL!!!!!. Just thought I'd share my joy and excitement with y'all.  As for tonight's show...Engage!

Quote from: TigerLily on September 10, 2015, 07:42:02 PM
Totally off topic.   Football, FOOTball, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALLLLLLLL!!!!!. Just thought I'd share my joy and excitement with y'all.  As for tonight's show...Engage!

Make it so.

CornyCrow

Sorry to hear that you were ill. 
If it's of any help, both a regular Md. and a Chinese acupuncturist recommended to us Olive Leaf Extract.  If you take one in the morning and one at night at the first sign of any sort of flu or infection, it is really effective in killing it.  The doctor said there's been research done on it.   

coaster

Thanks folks. I thought it was food poisoning at first. but evidently there is a pretty nasty flu bug going around. I just want my appetite back. I have no energy. Bleh.

morgana213

Quote from: coaster on September 10, 2015, 08:09:14 PM
Thanks folks. I thought it was food poisoning at first. but evidently there is a pretty nasty flu bug going around. I just want my appetite back. I have no energy. Bleh.
Take care Coaster and feel better.  Sorry you've been sick.    :(

LESTAT1900

Just interviewed another art bell fan. These have been great stories.

https://youtu.be/QlwXCTwo2TY

jazmunda

This is a great idea. Interviewing Art Bell fans about Art Bell.

BTW I have the same microphone as you.

LESTAT1900

Thanks jazmunda. Having a blast doing it. Also yes its a yeti microphone.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Freyja on September 10, 2015, 06:18:51 PM
LOL...I totally agree.

Is this another example of PC'ness going insane? What happens when more words become allegedly offensive? Do we need a new dictionary?!?!

The T & T show is supposed to be fun. Now "trash" is up for debate as a term?....seriously?

Really ... like ya no dewd, what dees goina call us white trash trailer trash enemour?

WhiteCrow

Better tomorrows

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on September 10, 2015, 07:42:02 PM

Football goes into warp on Sunday. Tonight was impulse.   :D

trostol

Quote from: Zenman on September 10, 2015, 09:44:19 PM

so glad i did not have to play someone that had Gronk or Brady in my leagues tonight

albrecht

I don't know where you live but another bad batch of food, this time cucumbers, from Mexico has been causing "problems." Ugh, normally if GI stuff it is not really "flu" but other stuff. Though there are flus around also but different symptoms. Glad you are back on an even keel, a bit at least. It takes a bit to fully recover. Interesting side-note is to weigh oneself and after an episode. My brother lost 13+ pounds during a two day episode recently! New Hollywood diet, perhaps? Wrestlers trying to make weight?

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on September 10, 2015, 09:44:19 PM
True. But I was seriously in need of a fix

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on September 10, 2015, 09:45:13 PM
so glad i did not have to play someone that had Gronk or Brady in my leagues tonight
Love both those guys. D'Angelo Williams was a revelation tonite, tho. L'Evion who?

VegasI15

Quote from: jazmunda on September 10, 2015, 03:20:09 AM
Agreed. (redacted) is doing a stellar job. She's setting them up and Art's knocking them out of the park.

+1 She is definitely proving to be one of the best producers out there.  It seems like Christmas every night with Art and the great guests for sure.

gabrielle

An excerpt from Art's facebook page: The whole discussion is on Art's page.....

The Best Show” Interview Leads to Art Bell Discussion
POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2015 IN MEDIA COVERAGE | 640 VIEWS | LEAVE A RESPONSE
This except is from a larger interview with Tom Scharpling of The Best Show. Click link below to read entire article, but here are the relevant points regarding Art Bell:

Q. You know who just announced that they are doing something similar to what you’ve established with The Best Show? Your friend Art Bell! 

Good! That’s awesome! I think Art has been looking for a home long time, and he ended up on Sirius XM and that did not work because I think he felt he couldn’t reach his people. They were not able to hear what he was doing.

His name almost means something else beside his name. If you’re talking about supernatural stuff, crazy stuff like that, you just say Art Bell, everyone knows that’s what you’re talking about. Yeah, that’s Art Bell stuff. The guy is enormous. He should just take ownership of the thing. The technology now favors people like that, just building their thing and just having people come to them. They’ve already done the hard part. The hard part is not building the studio â€" look, that part was very hard, but that’s not the hard part. That’s just equipment and money is all that takes, which I know that sounds insulting on some level. But the hard part is coming up with a show that people want to hear. You could have all the equipment in the world, and if you can’t put together a show people are interested in then what good does it do you? That’s why there’s all these companies with their platform where they can host this or showcase that, but they don’t have the talent to showcase their platform. It’s meaningless without the thing people want to hear, and Art Bell is something people want to hear.

malliard

Quote from: jazmunda on September 10, 2015, 09:10:43 PM
This is a great idea. Interviewing Art Bell fans about Art Bell.

BTW I have the same microphone as you.
they are good mics

aldousburbank

Quote from: VegasI15 on September 11, 2015, 01:16:43 AM
+1 She is definitely proving to be one of the best producers out there.  It seems like Christmas every night with Art and the great guests for sure.
Heather and Art complement each other nicely. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of Art's work, a deep appreciation for the quality of the show, and the perfect talent for letting Art be Art. I am glad to say that I know the lady pretty darn well and let me tell you friends, Art dowsed her abilities right out of the rubble pile that is BellGab.

nbirnes

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 11, 2015, 07:42:01 PM
Heather and Art complement each other nicely. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of Art's work, a deep appreciation for the quality of the show, and the perfect talent for letting Art be Art. I am glad to say that I know the lady pretty darn well and let me tell you friends, Art dowsed her abilities right out of the rubble pile that is BellGab.

Very well said.

wr250

barney rubble?

ItsOver

Quote from: gabrielle on September 11, 2015, 04:53:21 PM

This except is from a larger interview with Tom Scharpling of The Best Show. Click link below to read entire article, but here are the relevant points regarding Art Bell:

Q. You know who just announced that they are doing something similar to what you’ve established with The Best Show? Your friend Art Bell! 

Good! That’s awesome! I think Art has been looking for a home long time, and he ended up on Sirius XM and that did not work because I think he felt he couldn’t reach his people. They were not able to hear what he was doing.

His name almost means something else beside his name. If you’re talking about supernatural stuff, crazy stuff like that, you just say Art Bell, everyone knows that’s what you’re talking about. Yeah, that’s Art Bell stuff. The guy is enormous. He should just take ownership of the thing. The technology now favors people like that, just building their thing and just having people come to them. They’ve already done the hard part. The hard part is not building the studio â€" look, that part was very hard, but that’s not the hard part. That’s just equipment and money is all that takes, which I know that sounds insulting on some level. But the hard part is coming up with a show that people want to hear. You could have all the equipment in the world, and if you can’t put together a show people are interested in then what good does it do you? That’s why there’s all these companies with their platform where they can host this or showcase that, but they don’t have the talent to showcase their platform. It’s meaningless without the thing people want to hear, and Art Bell is something people want to hear.
Thanks for posting.  An excellent assessment.  I'm just so damn glad we are fortunate to hear Art once again after hearing the alternative. 

Zenman

Yep. Heather is a gem indeed, and Art is most definitely at his best. A fantastic deal for us Gabblesters.

You shouldn't insult rubble piles tho.

Zenman

Quote from: gabrielle on September 11, 2015, 04:53:21 PM

Good post, gab.