• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Sichuan

Quote from: Sardondi on September 21, 2012, 07:32:59 AM
Yes, you only thought you were alone, as you were powerless to stop the increasing feelings of unhappiness and frustration over what you heard on C2C. You feel it important to try to support George, and think he's a wonderful guy; but his laziness, incompetence and downright goofiness are making it impossible for you to listen to C2C without getting angry, upset or confused.

So one day you stumble upon this web site, which exhilarates you but at the same time makes you feel guilty and disloyal...at first. As you read, you are amazed to find you are not alone. Indeed, far from it, as you see with growing pleasure that your own attitudes and feelings of frustration and guilt can be seen on every page...

Yep, we've been there before you, feeling the things you do. I'd suggest starting with the huge "George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium" thread. Don't just start on the last page and reading new posts as they come in. Instead I'd try to get a little taste of the past, and pick any spot randomly, say page 100, and then 216, 387, 479, etc. Just to see what a little of the history has been. And then just go wild, reading anything which strikes your fancy.

And I bet you'll be astounded at how much you see your own attitudes mirrored.

Thanks for the thoughts, Sardoni.

Since I hope my loyalty is to good thinking and not just to any one person, the specific info about how C2C is turning into a dumpster fire--and how good Art was as host--is very welcomed.  George does come across as a "nice guy", but it takes a lot more than that to make a successful radio show.  It's a shame that such a (formerly) great platform for investigation into an amazingly wide range of topics has devolved into turmeric-eating angels who love the number 8.  Art didn't consistently apply critical thinking in his questions to the more off-the-wall guests, but at least he made the experience darn entertaining.

coaster

turmeric-eating angels...hahah. new name for the show perhaps?

Sardondi

Quote from: Sichuan on September 21, 2012, 03:48:37 PM... turmeric-eating angels who love the number 8....

Heh.

"♪♫ Midnight Express (The Chase) ♫♪...."Welcome to tonight's very special edition of The Turmeric-Eating Angels Who Love The Number 8 Show. Our first very special guest is Glynis McCants. Hello Glynis! Wow, we haven't heard from you since last week!...."

MarkVS

Hey guys! Just found this forum and decided to sign up because I have recently been listening to some older Art Bell shows I've never heard before on YouTube. I started listening to Coast in early 2000 and after only one night I was addicted even though I didn't even know what Coast to Coast was at that point. I remember thinking, "is this a special or something?" I had to look it up on the internet the next day to find out about the show. I haven't listened to coast for about two years now! George is a nice guy but I don't know WHY but he just comes off as uninterested and boring; almost like it's just a gig to him and perhaps TOO politically correct. This is just my opinion. I myself would probably run people off the radio waves, so who am I to talk? - Just speaking as a listener. I remember once someone was telling a story and they said something so minor and he cut them off and got on this rant about how people need to watch what they say and I remember thinking, "Wow, Art wouldn't have cut that person off for that!" Art broadcast from him home in the desert which was a perfect setting already; add that that Art was GENUINELY interested and just made you want to know what was on his mind and what he was going to say next. Even if it wasn't a topic I was interested in, I would still listen when I could. Art made uninteresting (to me) topics interesting. And don't get me started on some of the bumper music! I can't tell you how many internet lyric searches I did back then trying to find some of those songs and was eventually successful.

When did you first start listening?

Does anyone on here have every single show that aired?

What was your all time favorite show?

stevesh

Welcome. If you think Noory is completely incompetent, you'll enjoy it here.

QuoteWhen did you first start listening?

Some time in 1996. The first show I heard was the first appearance of Graham Hancock.

QuoteDoes anyone on here have every single show that aired?

I think there'a a complete archive out there somewhere.

QuoteWhat was your all time favorite show?

Hard to say, but it was probably the last unscreened-caller Ghost To Ghost show that Art Bell hosted. Some seriously scary stories.

MV/Liberace!

started listening in 1993.  i have about 800 shows hosted by art.  i have nothing hosted by any of the other hosts.  my favorite shows were always the GIS shows (ghost investigators society).

welcome to the forum.  post often.

Blinko

Greetings All ,

I am new here.

Art Bell fan since '97 or so

oregonxfile

Art Bell fan since the beginning.  Used to fall asleep with a single earphone in my ear, listening to the show, when I lived in Utah.  Lauralee still had a real live radio show then...

Started coming to the website when there was still chat rooms there.   Even got banned a few times.  Made a ton of "friends" there.  Met my now ex-wife there as well  :)

Maybe I'm here looking for hot, female sNoory-haters here..  Have to have something in common, ya know  :)

ziznak

well, I wouldn't try to find a date here but who knows man...

I started listening in sometime after 95 i think... I can't really put a date on it but sometime in late 95-96 I started working a job where I was in a little two man station at this warehouse.  The other guy in the office with me was an older guy named cliff and he was one of those really cool older guys.  He listened to talk radio all the time... NPR.  THis is where I first heard Glenn Beck and he was actually pretty cool back then.  As a result I started to listen to talk radio, NPR specifically, when not at work.  I would leave it on at night and would put it on when I stumbled home after practices with my band. 

So I literally stumbled onto coast to coast by accident.  I can't really pinpoint the exact moment but I know that it had become something I looked forward to on my way home after a great jam and smoke session.  around 01 I moved out of my parents house and fell out of the talk radio habit for a while.  There were a few times between 01 and 05 that I remembered C2C and got back into the habit of listening only to drift back out of the habit again.  Sometime in 05-06 I ran into this other guy that I worked with who was an X con and he would always be listening to coast to coast at work.  This started me back up again but alas I wasn't a steady listener until just recently sometime last year I actually started to tune in almost daily as well as downloading classic shows via the torrent sites. 

Eventually I found Coastgab and it's become one of my favorite non-gaming forum sites... There's something about Coast listeners that sets them apart from most people and thats the general interest in the non-mainstream topics discussed on C2C.  If you are a coast listener and ALSO a coastgabber you are on a totally different tier IMO.  Coastgabbers tend to be a bit more intelligent than the average C2C listeners so they are not only into the strange subject matter thats absent from most mainstream media but are also highly attuned to separating the BS from the truly interesting subjects. 

When it comes to killing time online I come to CG for any intelligent discussion as well as the shitload of laughs...

MV/Liberace!

greetings to all of the new people dropping in.  post often.

you're among friends.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ziznak on September 30, 2012, 07:45:08 PM

Coastgabbers tend to be a bit more intelligent than the average C2C listeners

Which is akin to being the tallest dwarves, but who am I to quibble.

Lifey

Hi all, I'm new.  :)

I found this forum last year but did not join until tonight.  I've listened to C2C for a few years now and I can no longer justify listening to the poop that C2C/Noory is spewing over the airwaves.   

Anyway, I'm glad to be here.  Long live Art Bell.  :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Lifey on October 08, 2012, 11:49:04 PM
Hi all, I'm new.  :)

I found this forum last year but did not join until tonight.  I've listened to C2C for a few years now and I can no longer justify listening to the poop that C2C/Noory is spewing over the airwaves.   

Anyway, I'm glad to be here.  Long live Art Bell.  :)

Welcome, comrade.

Widget

I found this forum through Google. I'm a fan of Art Bell from the old days and never miss an installment of "Somewhere In Time" on Saturday Nights. I hope we have intelligent, informed discussions with each other and can perhaps make a positive change in our radio airwaves, considering how bad I've heard "Coast" become in recent years.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Widget on October 09, 2012, 02:23:50 AM
I found this forum through Google. I'm a fan of Art Bell from the old days and never miss an installment of "Somewhere In Time" on Saturday Nights. I hope we have intelligent, informed discussions with each other and can perhaps make a positive change in our radio airwaves, considering how bad I've heard "Coast" become in recent years.

glad you're here.  some advice, though:  don't count on any change.  this place has been in operation since april 5, 2008... and it has had zero effect on anything.  just enjoy yourself here and resign yourself to the fact that your favorite radio show is now ruined.

Sardondi

↑What MV said. To live with the hope that Art Bell will one day return in glory to sit behind the C2C mic is to torture oneself. It is a forlorn hope. The best that can be attained is to drive George Noory out into the eternal darkness he came from. And if we get a John Wells to replace him, well, I can take it if it means the end of Simple George and his Reign of Fail.

Quote from: Sardondi on October 09, 2012, 02:57:30 PM
↑What MV said. To live with the hope that Art Bell will one day return in glory to sit behind the C2C mic is to torture oneself. It is a forlorn hope. The best that can be attained is to drive George Noory out into the eternal darkness he came from. And if we get a John Wells to replace him, well, I can take it if it means the end of Simple George and his Reign of Fail.

Then again, someone has to be the worst host in radio, the least talented person and worst at their job in all of showbiz.  It may as well be George Noory than someone actually trying.

Coast is beyond the point of being salvagable

Pragmier

Hello folks.

I appreciate the wit, humor, and passion in the posts. Sadly, I discovered C2C relatively recently so was not present during the Art Bell era  :(

Sardondi

we do tend to go on a bit much about "the good old days", and it's probably tiresome to a lot of folks. I'm just thankful there's our disgust over the sheer brain-numbing incompetence and ignorance of George Noory to bind us all together.

ChewMouse

Quote from: Pragmier on October 17, 2012, 10:52:25 AM
Hello folks.

I appreciate the wit, humor, and passion in the posts. Sadly, I discovered C2C relatively recently so was not present during the Art Bell era  :(
Actually, I envy you that "first time listening" phase! You're probably able to find the commercial-free shows and you can just count on weeks and weeks of fine entertainment without hearing about freeze-dried food and purchasing gold. I would so love to hear Al Bielek's story about the Philadelphia Experiment again but for the first time. If that makes sense. (It may be BS, it may be true, but it's a very good story no matter which.)

Enjoy!

ShayP

Quote from: Sardondi on October 17, 2012, 12:18:29 PM
we do tend to go on a bit much about "the good old days", and it's probably tiresome to a lot of folks. I'm just thankful there's our disgust over the sheer brain-numbing incompetence and ignorance of George Noory to bind us all together.

;D I was actually pondering "the good old day's" not too long ago.  I was beginning to think there were just some bitter old people here with Art Bell posters on there walls. (I kid!  ;))

Yes...that what is Noory binds us in this venture!  Regardless...I find you lot to be a fun bunch...albeit miserable at times.  That suits me. LOL!  8)

ziznak

Al Bielek's Philly experiment and Preston Nichols Montaulk stuff is great I have those shows on file here... still a good listen to over the poopfest live each night.

Pragmier

Thanks for the greeting folks!

Quote from: ziznak on October 17, 2012, 06:08:06 PM
Al Bielek's Philly experiment and Preston Nichols Montaulk stuff is great I have those shows on file here... still a good listen to over the poopfest live each night.

Would love to hear them - where can I get those files?

ziznak

the oldest shows up on funky's site.  I got them in a torrent a while back.

http://cgiwsc.enhancedsitebuilder.com/extras/public/blog.cls/download/Coast%20to%20Coast%20AM%20-%2006-20-1993%20-%20Hour%20A%20-%20Art%20Bell%20-%20The%20Philadelphia%20Experiment%20%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%94%20Al%20Bielek.rar?accountId=AENDU0IN3FSQ&instanceId=11277&action=getImage&img_id=0f1f6829f083daa900aed27368a458f4&download=true&fn=Coast%20to%20Coast%20AM%20-%2006-20-1993%20-%20Hour%20A%20-%20Art%20Bell%20-%20The%20Philadelphia%20Experiment%20%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%94%20Al%20Bielek.rar

http://cgiwsc.enhancedsitebuilder.com/extras/public/blog.cls/download/Coast%20to%20Coast%20AM%20-%2003-12-1994%20-%20Hour%201%20-%20Art%20Bell%20-%20The%20Philadelphia%20Experiment%20%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%94%20Al%20Bielek.rar?accountId=AENDU0IN3FSQ&instanceId=11277&action=getImage&img_id=092bb51bf2d1041302260e51b6ec14de&download=true&fn=Coast%20to%20Coast%20AM%20-%2003-12-1994%20-%20Hour%201%20-%20Art%20Bell%20-%20The%20Philadelphia%20Experiment%20%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%94%20Al%20Bielek.rar

http://cgiwsc.enhancedsitebuilder.com/extras/public/blog.cls/download/Coast%20to%20Coast%20AM%20-%2005-27-1994%20-%20Art%20Bell%20-%20Montauk%20Project%20%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%94%20Preston%20Nichols%20-%20Open%20Lines.rar?accountId=AENDU0IN3FSQ&instanceId=11277&action=getImage&img_id=24216009c30af943f46ca8fa8198d709&download=true&fn=Coast%20to%20Coast%20AM%20-%2005-27-1994%20-%20Art%20Bell%20-%20Montauk%20Project%20%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%94%20Preston%20Nichols%20-%20Open%20Lines.rar

Meggini

Hello, I found your forum last night when I went looking for some intelligent critiques of Noory. This has been some fun reading (and very cathartic). Sardondi pretty much summed it up for me in post #522.

I'm a huge fan of spooky and surreal stories - "It happened to me" first-hand accounts, tales of underground bases, UFOs, ghosts, Bigfoot, time travel, alternative history and terrifying prophecies. Fiction plays off of folklore which plays off of fiction again until you have no idea what's a true account, what was written by Ambrose Bierce, or what was hoaxed just for the fun of it (or for profit).

In other words, I'm a Fortean-topic fan girl. I'm well versed in modern folklore and really miss having a Coast host who is as well. Someone who says "You and I have spoken of this often, but explain it to those of our listeners hearing about it for the first time." Instead of "Gosh, really? Hey do you like turtles, because I do. You don't think it was turtles, do you? Let's go to the phones."    :(

Juan

Welcome, I think you'll fit right in.
It probably was turtles.

Meggini

Quote from: UFO Fill on October 26, 2012, 09:41:32 AM
Welcome, I think you'll fit right in.
It probably was turtles.

Thanks for the welcome, UFO Fill  :) Maybe it was... It would explain a lot. Judging by Noory's success, this young man has a very bright career in broadcasting.

I like turtles