• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: Hog on December 12, 2016, 11:56:18 PM
It's been a year and I still cant believe that MITD with Art Bell ended is such a fashion.

Still more fashionable than Hillary Clinton.

DavidRanger

Steph Young told David Paulides she was suing him - I've read them both- she was first with the 'Predator' stories, Jan the Bowhunter story, the Urban drowning cases, elisa lam, henry mcCabe, and many of the others he's talking about now- seems he's copying her cases truth be told. I guess she didn't want to spoil the show saying bad about another author

chefist

Paulides...vast majority of his stories can be easily explained:

1. Getting lost
2. Dying of exposure
3. Predation and decomposition

Net result...people that disappear, but explainable...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DavidRanger on December 14, 2016, 02:09:05 PM
Steph Young told David Paulides she was suing him - I've read them both- she was first with the 'Predator' stories, Jan the Bowhunter story, the Urban drowning cases, elisa lam, henry mcCabe, and many of the others he's talking about now- seems he's copying her cases truth be told. I guess she didn't want to spoil the show saying bad about another author

That would be a rather frivolous lawsuit to say the least. You can't copy a case, it's out there and there's nothing  you can do about it. It would be like saying nobody can mention Roswell after it first appeared in a local paper.

michio

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 13, 2016, 12:56:14 AM

Yeah, well Art's health took a turn for the worse, so Heather was probably destined to replace Art at some time.

She likes to say she wouldn't have it any other way. One could question if she would have had it any other way.

Nobody

I think I can solve the mystery of the voice-from-out-of-nowhere that is yelling in Heather's house.

Heather: the power behind the voice has heard your radio programme.  That is why you are hearing a disembodied voice screaming "Nooooooooooooo!" in such an impassioned manner.

Lilith

Quote from: Nobody on December 14, 2016, 11:16:20 PM
I think I can solve the mystery of the voice-from-out-of-nowhere that is yelling in Heather's house.

Heather: the power behind the voice has heard your radio programme.  That is why you are hearing a disembodied voice screaming "Nooooooooooooo!" in such an impassioned manner.

alrite, alrite, I'm awake, I'll tune in...

Nobody

Quote from: brigâ,,¢Â©2015 on December 14, 2016, 11:39:50 PM
alrite, alrite, I'm awake, I'll tune in...

I don't know what kind of luck you're going to have.  I had tuned in in hopes of hearing more riveting reminiscences from Heather during the "news glance," seeing as how she has regaled the audience with tales of her humble beginnings for the past two programmes after warning everyone on Monday that this was going to be her "anniversary week."

However, she has either run out of steam a mere three nights into her "anniversary week," or she has already forgotten it's supposed to be her "anniversary week," because the news glance went by without a single "Look how far I've come!" story.

Lilith

Quote from: Nobody on December 15, 2016, 12:01:45 AM
I don't know what kind of luck you're going to have.  I had tuned in in hopes of hearing more riveting reminiscences from Heather during the "news glance," seeing as how she has regaled the audience with tales of her humble beginnings for the past two programmes after warning everyone on Monday that this was going to be her "anniversary week."

However, she has either run out of steam a mere three nights into her "anniversary week," or she has already forgotten it's supposed to be her "anniversary week," because the news glance went by without a single "Look how far I've come!" story.

I fell asleep shortly after I replied, but no worries, I see I didn't miss anything.  I'll check on Wells or Clyde to see if there's anything good to listen to with my morning coffee.

DavidRanger

Completely Agreed!!  Steph Young only said she was suing him because he publicly accused her of doing it to him when in fact she wrote about all those cases first!. I agree with you!

This show is still going on? How about that.

Hog

Replay?

I tune in for the 1st time in almost a year and snatch a replay.  Boo!

peace
Hog

Nobody

Quote from: Hog on December 15, 2016, 11:02:45 PM
Replay?

And during the "anniversary week," (her words) of the show, no less.  You would think she could show up for five days in a row this week, at least. 

Lilith

Quote from: Hog on December 15, 2016, 11:02:45 PM
Replay?

peace
Hog

And to think I stayed awake...

That'll learn me!

Epaphroditus

In the tradition of Art Bell indeed... Don Imus has been dead for the last 100 years and still shows up behind the mic , it's called loving what your doing .

Quote from: DavidRanger on December 15, 2016, 06:42:25 AM
Completely Agreed!!  Steph Young only said she was suing him because he publicly accused her of doing it to him when in fact she wrote about all those cases first!. I agree with you!

I enjoy both their content, but david paulides needs to stop pretending he is anything much more than just a spooky campfire story aggregator. also agree that many of the cases aren't really that unexplainable as you can easily google and find out what happened - such as some one is walking around in the middle of the night trying to buy cocaine and ends up falling off a fucking a cliff. Which happens here a lot. He omits heaps of stuff like that. Though I think suing him is a bad idea too.

Quote from: Jetorax on December 16, 2016, 04:11:47 AM
I enjoy both their content, but david paulides needs to stop pretending he is anything much more than just a spooky campfire story aggregator. also agree that many of the cases aren't really that unexplainable as you can easily google and find out what happened - such as some one is walking around in the middle of the night trying to buy cocaine and ends up falling off a fucking a cliff. Which happens here a lot. He omits heaps of stuff like that. Though I think suing him is a bad idea too.

So searching for Coke while wondering the edge of a 3000 foot cliff is a bad idea?

Nobody

Quote from: Jetorax on December 16, 2016, 04:11:47 AM
such as some one is walking around in the middle of the night trying to buy cocaine and ends up falling off a fucking a cliff. Which happens here a lot.

I don't know where "here" is (and there's no need to tell me), but it sounds like an interesting place.

Firefighter

Oh my....I can remember when this forum would have 10 new pages in 3hrs of a given show

Now it would be lucky to see 1 new page in 3 days

Not shocking when the host is venting live during more than one show about having zero callers

albrecht

Quote from: Firefighter on December 19, 2016, 09:24:42 PM
Oh my....I can remember when this forum would have 10 new pages in 3hrs of a given show

Now it would be lucky to see 1 new page in 3 days

Not shocking when the host is venting live during more than one show about having zero callers
It would be funny if it was just a simple issue like a plug was unplugged, the volume was set on mute, a mistelling of the call in phone#, or some setting in Skype. Haha. But I'm thinking it is just plain lack of interest.

mikuthing01

Wade must have downgraded her internet connection her gusts are cutting out again lol

JustSayAhhhh

The last live show she did, it sounded like she was trying very hard to sound interested in what the guests was saying. Her "Oh wow's" were delayed and so strained it was hard to tell she had even paid attention to what the guest had said.

For those of us trying to e interested, this added to my difficulty of listening.

And then no shows..

The Doors- This is the end

I'm sad.

Nobody

Quote from: momijithing~awoo on December 19, 2016, 11:44:47 PM
Wade must have downgraded her internet connection her gusts are cutting out again lol

Luckily it doesn't matter if the guest cuts out tonight because he was flogging his book on Coast to Coast just over a week ago:

https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2016/12/donald-zygutis-doesnt-know-what-hes.html 

Worse, Heather admitted on-air that she has a copy of the book on hand, but hasn't yet read it because she claims she wants to "learn it on the air" (yes, she actually said that) with the listeners. 

dan7800

In searching for the title of the article, I found it listed like 10 places on the web. Try using Google.

michio

Quote from: Nobody on December 20, 2016, 11:12:22 PM
Luckily it doesn't matter if the guest cuts out tonight because he was flogging his book on Coast to Coast just over a week ago:

https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2016/12/donald-zygutis-doesnt-know-what-hes.html 

Worse, Heather admitted on-air that she has a copy of the book on hand, but hasn't yet read it because she claims she wants to "learn it on the air" (yes, she actually said that) with the listeners.

Perhaps Heath would be the reader and voice for an audio-book of Donald's tome, and uh, when she, uh, has time.  ;)

I had my suspicions about this guy, knowing how the cons work their deceptive magic and distract you from the real reasons they're trying to peddle their beliefs, as they ride the coattails of great minds to make a buck while they tarnish their names and reputations. I thought Don might have an ulterior motive, mainly a religious reason to taint the name of Carl Sagan with his poison. I'd love to hear what Ann Druyan has to say about this Donald Zygutis and his claims. From the web page you linked:

"Well, speaking of religion, I see Donald Zygutis is a graduate of Corban University. Corban describes itself as "a gospel-driven community of scholars and leaders who seek to bring a biblical perspective to all areas of study and practice." OK, now we know." --Expat

expat

I wrote a second blog-post about "The Sagan Conspiracy", transcribing exactly what Sagan said about ancient aliens and UFOs during his 1977 Christmas lectures. Here's a small part of it:

"It would save us a lot of trouble if those fellows would come here, instead of us having to go out and find them. I'm not opposed to it--it's just that there isn't a smidgen of good evidence to support those ideas. I wish it were otherwise."

https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2016/12/christmas-carl-sagan-and.html

By request, Heather's mini-meltdown when guest Donald Zygutis bailed to start the second hour.