Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 02:11:14 PM

Keep those Emails rollin in folks!!

THANKS Mike in Montana!
Can painted rocks be sent as email attachments?  Asking for a dog peeing couple in Kentucky.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 12:48:08 PM

Dave Darin, always the voice of reason.  I like him.  Too darn bad his shows are so "Paranormal" in focus, otherwise, I would listen to him frequently.

I'm not familiar with Dave, but I mostly agree with his opinion on the podcast paid subscription thing.  I think a lot of people are starting to experience subscription fatigue.  Dave listed all of the usual crap people are paying for, and he even forgot a few on his list.  $4.99 is pocket change, but so are the 20 other random things people are subbed to and paying for.  It adds up.

But before you even consider the subscription fatigue issue, you have to question if Heather's podcast is even worth paying for to begin with.  She's low hanging fruit as a target, so I won't offer my opinion on that.

Where I differ with Dave is his suggestion of paid advertising on a podcast.  It leaves the show and its content beholden to advertisers and it kills the listening experience.  Further, I don't think podcast advertising is an effective method of promoting products, so the advertiser also comes out a loser.  The "value for value" donation model used by The No Agenda Show seems like the best way to go.

And Heidi's YouTube suggestion... five years ago that would have sounded workable to me, but not anymore.  At all.  It's too easy for content to be removed or a channel to be killed altogether, and the guidelines for avoiding this are nebulous at best.  I wouldn't build an enterprise on YT today if someone put a shotgun to my face.  Yes, I know there are people on YT making a living with this, and they'll continue... until they don't.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on June 12, 2019, 01:51:41 PM
The good news is she already has an opening song for her show.

You have excellent taste.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 02:06:31 PM
That IS the one photo, that I suggested she should have never posted.

Terrible.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on June 12, 2019, 02:18:46 PM
Can painted rocks be sent as email attachments?  Asking for a dog peeing couple in Kentucky.

3d email attachments?  I don't think we have those YET, but you might get some inspiration from google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=painted+rock+images&client=opera&hs=avC&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwib0tqs4-TiAhXCTd8KHaxPD44Q_AUIECgB&biw=1199&bih=748

MV/Liberace!

I think Heather's return date should be July 19th.  lulz

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on June 12, 2019, 02:19:59 PM
I'm not familiar with Dave, but I mostly agree with his opinion on the podcast paid subscription thing.  I think a lot of people are starting to experience subscription fatigue.  Dave listed all of the usual crap people are paying for, and he even forgot a few on his list.  $4.99 is pocket change, but so are the 20 other random things people are subbed to and paying for.  It adds up.

But before you even consider the subscription fatigue issue, you have to question if Heather's podcast is even worth paying for to begin with.  She's low hanging fruit as a target, so I won't offer my opinion on that.

Where I differ with Dave is his suggestion of paid advertising on a podcast.  It leaves the show and its content beholden to advertisers and it kills the listening experience.  Further, I don't think podcast advertising is an effective method of promoting products, so the advertiser also comes out a loser.  The "value for value" donation model used by The No Agenda Show seems like the best way to go.

And Heidi's YouTube suggestion... five years ago that would have sounded workable to me, but not anymore.  At all.  It's too easy for content to be removed or a channel to be killed altogether, and the guidelines for avoiding this are nebulous at best.  I wouldn't build an enterprise on YT today if someone put a shotgun to my face.  Yes, I know there are people on YT making a living with this, and they'll continue... until they don't.

I see more and more people doing FaceBook lives, but I don't know how big an audience that gets.  Probably just a lot of cat ladies, and lonely old cat lady men.  I could be wrong.

FaceBook catlady men seems to be Heathers target audience after all.

Just sayin...

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on June 12, 2019, 02:21:07 PM
You have excellent taste.
It's a shame Heater and her fan boys don't.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Liberace! on June 12, 2019, 02:19:59 PM

Oh I only suggested it so that it was in an archive I could get to... there’s no way in hell she will allow me to resubscribe to any show she does and ain’t no way in hell I am going to get up at 5am to listen to that shite.

I think she would do well with superchats or whatever it is called, but yes the broad strokes YT kill people’s channels with is a concern. A patreon would be good for her as well - case in point there’s a GoT podcast I was listening to during season 8 - 2314 people were paying 10 bucks a month for one patreon show a week as an added extra to the one show they did that was free...what a go that was for them!

Subscription would imply a set show schedule - something she clearly is unable to do .. a patreon is a different context entirely.

It’s a moot point anyway ... she’s probably going to do no shows at all...if she does make an announcement (which she damn well needs to do imo) I am guessing it will be next Monday on the 17th - Art’s birthday.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 02:28:56 PM

I see more and more people doing FaceBook lives, but I don't know how big an audience that gets.  Probably just a lot of cat ladies, and lonely old cat lady men.  I could be wrong.

FaceBook catlady men seems to be Heathers target audience after all.

Just sayin...
The all important cat lady demographic.  I wonder if Jorch provides consultant services.  Get busy, Tommee.

Lilith

Quote from: DynamoHum on June 12, 2019, 02:41:31 PM
Oh I only suggested it so that it was in an archive I could get to... there’s no way in hell she will allow me to resubscribe to any show she does and ain’t no way in hell I am going to get up at 5am to listen to that shite.

I think she would do well with superchats or whatever it is called, but yes the broad strokes YT kill people’s channels with is a concern. A patreon would be good for her as well - case in point there’s a GoT podcast I was listening to during season 8 - 2314 people were paying 10 bucks a month for one patreon show a week as an added extra to the one show they did that was free...what a go that was for them!

Subscription would imply a set show schedule - something she clearly is unable to do .. a patreon is a different context entirely.

It’s a moot point anyway ... she’s probably going to do no shows at all...if she does make an announcement (which she damn well needs to do imo) I am guessing it will be next Monday on the 17th - Art’s birthday.

It appears to me, from Mike in Montanas commentary, that she will only come back if she gets enough emails of support.   I could be wrong.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 02:48:18 PM
It appears to me, from Mike in Montanas commentary, that she will only come back if she gets enough emails of support.   I could be wrong.
No doubt just another game for her to get some more bucks coming her way for awhile.  Keep saying she's coming back, delay, delay, maybe do a show, quit, etc.  You know, like this guy, only without the hosting talent.

Corona Kitty

There are major changes coming to the internet, not just to YouTube. The censorship strong hold, is in it's infancy. Just a matter of time when places like this, will no longer exist. Get ready.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on June 12, 2019, 02:56:17 PM
No doubt just another game for her to get some more bucks coming her way for awhile.  Keep saying she's coming back, delay, delay, maybe do a show, quit, etc.  You know, like this guy, only without the hosting talent.

When somebody wants to do something because they enjoy it, nothing else matters.  You don't need emails of support, or money, post of praise on forums, or anything else. Your haters don't even phase you.  You simply do it because you enjoy it.

Heather never seemed to enjoy being on the air.  She seemed phony in every sense of the word, with the exception of her now famous meltdown shows.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 03:04:18 PM
When somebody wants to do something because they enjoy it, nothing else matters.  You don't need emails of support, or money, post of praise on forums, or anything else. Your haters don't even phase you.  You simply do it because you enjoy it.

Heather never seemed to enjoy being on the air.  She seemed phony in every sense of the word, with the exception of her now famous meltdown shows.
Yep. 

Lilith

Quote from: username on June 12, 2019, 03:01:53 PM
There are major changes coming to the internet, not just to YouTube. The censorship strong hold, is in it's infancy. Just a matter of time when places like this, will no longer exist. Get ready.

Speaking of which, I heard rumors that an alternate internet is being worked on, in preparation, should such a scenario as you present, happen.

ItsOver

Quote from: username on June 12, 2019, 03:01:53 PM
You could be right. I'll miss the wild, wild west of BellGab.

DynamoHum

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 02:48:18 PM

Well he’s just closed up his facebook profile from anyone that isn’t on his friends list, so he’s not doing a bang up job of getting the news out there at the moment.

It’s all very odd.
(I am enjoying the mystery of it)

Lilith

Quote from: DynamoHum on June 12, 2019, 03:11:54 PM
Well he’s just closed up his facebook profile from anyone that isn’t on his friends list, so he’s not doing a bang up job of getting the news out there at the moment.

It’s all very odd.
(I am enjoying the mystery of it)

#MeToo

These FaceBook men seem very emotional and reactionary.  Poor things!  :'(

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 03:08:19 PM
Speaking of which, I heard rumors that an alternate internet is being worked on, in preparation, should such a scenario as you present, happen.
I hope it includes an 80's Debbie Harry.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 02:06:31 PM
That IS the one photo, that I suggested she should have never posted.  My God,  My GOD!

That was a pretty spectacular quitting, all things considered.  The talent has left the building leaving a trail of pictures from her former life as a stripper having nothing whatever to do with the show.  Nobody was asking for those; I can only imagine posting them represented facing a personal demon.

In hindsight, though, they confirm that she has been exploited by the patriarchy for decades (and very probably by an actual Patriarch) and, without the resilience of youth, knows no other way to be.

Lilith

Poor Milluh.

Looks like the Honeymoon is over.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 12, 2019, 03:26:38 PM
That was a pretty spectacular quitting, all things considered.  The talent has left the building leaving a trail of pictures from her former life as a stripper having nothing whatever to do with the show.  Nobody was asking for those; I can only imagine posting them represented facing a personal demon.

In hindsight, though, they confirm that she has been exploited by the patriarchy for decades (and very probably by an actual Patriarch) and, without the resilience of youth, knows no other way to be.

Exploited?  She looks like a volunteer to me.  I could be wrong.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 03:32:15 PM
Exploited?  She looks like a volunteer to me.  I could be wrong.

I was being facetious, dear, so I could get the lame joke about the Patriarch in.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 12, 2019, 03:38:36 PM
I was being facetious, dear, so I could get the lame joke about the Patriarch in.

Well, ok.

Lilith

Oh Art, Art, tell me I'm your Legacy.

Spoken with phone sex operator voice.

Lilith

Bad, BAD BellGab.

Spoken with phone sex operator voice.

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2019, 03:50:12 PM
Oh Art, Art, tell me I'm your Legacy.

he needs more heavenly emails of support before he'll go on the record.