• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

aldousburbank

Thanks Juan. I am looking at that info- it makes my head hurt. I often wonder what the deal is with for example, Coast's bumper music. Since it tends to run over 20 seconds, is premiere paying BMI or whoever to play whatever the mood strikes them to?  Small change goomba podcasts, really, how much of an issue could it be? (hoping!) How about when Art played all of Stairway To Heaven? Do you think he has prior agreement/payment or did he just play it in spite of, and cuz he's the fuckin man?

MV/Liberace!

i would be the wrong person to ask about the legalities of these things since i've hardly bothered to educate myself on the matter.  juan's post is a great reference. 

Juan

I'm sure that the individual broadcast stations have BMI and ASCAP licenses.  Coast/Clear Channel may have one, too.  I haven't worked for a network for a long time, so I don't remember the rules for them. I would suppose that SiriusXM also has a license to cover their broadcasts.

There's also the question of fair use.  If you were to play a song, then spend a good bit of time discussing the song, it could possibly fall under fair use.  These are probably questions for a good entertainment attorney.

jazmunda

Aldous and Guild you have one listener to your cast right here.

Is there a Spec Sheet soon or are you wound down?

I think MV is the true destroyer of shows. Radio trainwreck, GabCast 1.0, Spec Sheet, DMRN and Dark Matter itself via this website's vicious but vaguely lovable association to Art.

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 10, 2014, 11:51:31 AM
Ok, serious questions that I have for the Spec Sheet. This goes back to a few weeks ago when someone suggested an Aldous/GuildNavigator music cast. Well, the fact is that previous to that I contacted the Guild to ask if he was interested in doing a music/magic/call in style program. MV, MudKing, Bateman and others kindly offered tech advice and encouragement and I am in the process of acquiring some of the equipment they suggested would be useful. Wanting to make this live, as I really believe in the magic of shared music and group moment mojo, and am somewhat experienced in the traditional, primitive means of creating this. But I am not a tech dude.

So certain mix equip, mic, dedicated sever unit (for doing live programming) are all on my list. But what I really want to know is- How can we play music without violating whatever performance use regs?  Can you play bits of tunes, if do how long?  Can we register/pay fees to use them?  Running a regular program like that, which is not all music, but is about music, would seem to me to be a postive PR resource gor the artists. Does anyone care?  How can we get this done and make the world a weirder place, with Guild's assistance?
I like the idea - and would offer any additional technical advice or assistance, I too have wanted to get into the podcast arena for some time as ya'll know, and dabble a bit here and there.  I have the technical know how, just not the greatest voice in the world for it.  Just have TOO many ideas and need to settle on a few.  But still i digress, sounds awesome and will continue to listen to all the stuff bellgab is putting out there, as it does serve the entertainment value for me, and you all are pretty cool peeps, yes even you falkie =P when you're not taking constructive criticism the wrong way!

and as my usual sign off - Falkies for all!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on January 10, 2014, 04:04:45 PM
Aldous and Guild you have one listener to your cast right here.

Is there a Spec Sheet soon or are you wound down?

I think MV is the true destroyer of shows. Radio trainwreck, GabCast 1.0, Spec Sheet, DMRN and Dark Matter itself via this website's vicious but vaguely lovable association to Art.

my voice is still ground beef.  i just am not shaking this bug very easily, but i'm clearly on the upswing as far as recovery goes.

and stop trying to shift blame away from yourself, you grim reaper of obscure internet radio shows.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 10, 2014, 09:51:09 PM
my voice is still ground beef.  i just am not shaking this bug very easily, but i'm clearly on the upswing as far as recovery goes.

and stop trying to shift blame away from yourself, you grim reaper of obscure internet radio shows.

Pussy.

Was it that obvious?

steelbot

Quote from: MV on January 10, 2014, 09:51:09 PM

I could offer a fill in role for ya man if you'd like, I can talk tech all day long - And recent events with ios devices being jailbroken, new ps4 xbox one figures/games/issues -CES News- i read Engadget daily.  just letting ya know man, you have folks out there that support the show even though you may not see it on the live end.  We all really do like the stuff you guys put out!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: steelbot on January 10, 2014, 10:37:39 PM
I could offer a fill in role for ya man if you'd like, I can talk tech all day long - And recent events with ios devices being jailbroken, new ps4 xbox one figures/games/issues -CES News- i read Engadget daily.  just letting ya know man, you have folks out there that support the show even though you may not see it on the live end.  We all really do like the stuff you guys put out!

anyone out there who would like to approach curtis about doing a show when i'm not able, that's totally something i'd encourage people to do.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 10, 2014, 10:54:03 PM
anyone out there who would like to approach curtis about doing a show when i'm not able, that's totally something i'd encourage people to do.

Could please provide his home address, landline and cell number? In fact could you please provide his GPS location at any given time? Thanks in advance.

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on January 10, 2014, 11:08:40 PM
Could please provide his home address, landline and cell number? In fact could you please provide his GPS location at any given time? Thanks in advance.
Took the words out of my mouth, but yeah I do need this info...for my ...books.

Is there a Speckled Sheep tonight?

steelbot

Quote from: Treading Water on January 14, 2014, 04:21:00 PM
Is there a Speckled Sheep tonight?
Possibly - both Curtis and MV aren't feeling so hot from my understanding. (all Insert Jaz dick jokes-ing's aside!)  Guess we'll find out later!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: steelbot on January 14, 2014, 04:27:26 PM
Possibly - both Curtis and MV aren't feeling so hot from my understanding.

"curtis and michael are both simultaneously experiencing flu-like symptoms."

yeah, that shouldn't start any rumors.

steelbot

Quote from: MV on January 14, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

lol - well now that it's put like that you're right  :-X You're big boys and can handle it  :D

aldousburbank

Ok, have been reading through the licensing bs required to use music on a podcast-
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Podcasting_Legal_Guide

I've pretty much decided on paying BMI fees so we can do a dorky little music show.

http://www.bmi.com/licensing/forms/Internet0105A.pdf

What I'm hoping is that some paralegal or attorney or anybody here qualified to weave through it for me can tell me how much I owe and how to pay. That way I don't have to think. PM me please.

The General

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 16, 2014, 01:14:38 PM
Ok, have been reading through the licensing bs required to use music on a podcast-
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Podcasting_Legal_Guide

I've pretty much decided on paying BMI fees so we can do a dorky little music show.

http://www.bmi.com/licensing/forms/Internet0105A.pdf

What I'm hoping is that some paralegal or attorney or anybody here qualified to weave through it for me can tell me how much I owe and how to pay. That way I don't have to think. PM me please.
I strongly encourage you to pursue this.  An AldousCast would be fantastic.  And if we could get GuildNavigator to get back in the saddle with his idea for a paranormal podcast, we would have no shortage of fabulous shows to listen to.  Let's do this!

ziznak

Quote from: MV on January 14, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

you call him yer "lil gingah baby" don't you?

steelbot

Quote from: The General on January 17, 2014, 01:27:01 PM
I strongly encourage you to pursue this.  An AldousCast would be fantastic.  And if we could get GuildNavigator to get back in the saddle with his idea for a paranormal podcast, we would have no shortage of fabulous shows to listen to.  Let's do this!
I second that notion!

Tarbaby

Was just going into the archives today at GabCast for December 13, 2013. MV and Curtis discussing their presence and departure from the Art Bell stream. I like it. I'm going back in time from this episode to hear the rest. Actually I was looking for MV's tech show. TECHinfo is it?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on January 20, 2014, 07:37:37 PM
Was just going into the archives today at GabCast for December 13, 2013. MV and Curtis discussing their presence and departure from the Art Bell stream. I like it. I'm going back in time from this episode to hear the rest. Actually I was looking for MV's tech show. TECHinfo is it?

it's the spec sheet.  that's the show you were listening to.  thanks mang.

Tarbaby

Heh. Yeah, but here's the thing, I've tried three times now to hear some "tech" talk on the appropriate podcast and haven't heard any yet. It's been Art Bell, then one was all about events on BellGab and the 3rd time I tried it was somethign else. :)  So, if I keep going back on these archives I will get to some nitty gritty tech talk? I mean before I get all the way back to DOS 5?  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on January 20, 2014, 09:11:50 PM
Heh. Yeah, but here's the thing, I've tried three times now to hear some "tech" talk on the appropriate podcast and haven't heard any yet. It's been Art Bell, then one was all about events on BellGab and the 3rd time I tried it was somethign else. :)  So, if I keep going back on these archives I will get to some nitty gritty tech talk? I mean before I get all the way back to DOS 5?  ;)

did you notice the main menu of the site?  also, the name of each show is clearly stated on the site.  there are four different podcasts hosted on ufoship.com.

BobGrau

Quote from: Tarbaby on January 20, 2014, 09:11:50 PM

If you go back to the very first episode archived, a lonely MV takes a call from... some guy called Curtis. It was clearly love at first sound. Sweet.

jazmunda

Quote from: BobGrau on January 21, 2014, 05:51:24 AM
If you go back to the very first episode archived, a lonely MV takes a call from... some guy called Curtis. It was clearly love at first sound. Sweet.

Someone needs to write a screenplay. I smell an Oscar. At the very least it could be turned into a Tony award winning musical.

Tarbaby

Quote from: MV on January 20, 2014, 09:26:47 PM
did you notice the main menu of the site?  also, the name of each show is clearly stated on the site.  there are four different podcasts hosted on ufoship.com.
Oh, yes, noticed all that. I should have included in my last post that I don't mind it at all when the conversation drifts off the "tech" theme. It's just that this search of mine was aimed at tech issues. I keep in mind that if I go back too far the tech issues will be obsolete. Right now I'm listening to "Vlad" talking about using the WIN preview version rather than WIN 8. And you were talkibg about renaming this site to Coast-to-Coast-with-George-Noory, sending cock pics, panoramic view of clit-click, the "penis button" on the Ballmer camera, earlier PonyBoySenset, Jaz, Great podcast.

I DL'ed everything back to about 2011.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on January 21, 2014, 05:51:24 AM

holy shit.  i'm going to have to go hear that.  i knew curtis was the man for me, straight off.

Oh where, oh where are the Spec Sheet Studs??

When's the next episode??    I need to know if I can just install windows7 on my xp machine without losing all the company data....
I'm supposed to do it tomorrow.  I don't need to back anything up, do I??      :-*

steelbot

Quote from: Treading Water on January 21, 2014, 04:22:14 PM
Oh where, oh where are the Spec Sheet Studs??

When's the next episode??    I need to know if I can just install windows7 on my xp machine without losing all the company data....
I'm supposed to do it tomorrow.  I don't need to back anything up, do I??      :-*
Nope, by magic after reformatting the partition windows can replicate the data from thin air.....errr...wait was this a serious question?  if so I, err...well...yeah..