• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight and Speculation

Started by Up All Night, March 08, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

Foodlion

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2014, 05:41:34 PM
I haven't yet tested. Has anyone? There is some controversy on the radio waves. If a cell phone is destroyed, or even off, and you call it do you here a ring, in your phone, first prior to get going to voicemail or message? That's what I thought but George claimed no. But Craig Lewis says yes. Various callers and guests claim different things. Put this deal about passenger's phones still "working" to bed.
It's based on the phones internal settings and the ones preset by the service provider.

Unless they can ping a signal off just 1 of the phones then I don't think they are still working. Most new phones these days have built in GPS that is turned on by default. I'd be more interested in hearing about that part.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Up All Night on March 12, 2014, 01:21:37 AM
Beginning at time of Reply # 34, the title of my thread in my original post, was changed somehow from:

Malaysian Boeing 777 Flight MH 370 disappears over the Gulf of Thailand

to

Crashed Malaysian Airlines Flight - Islam

Just Sayin' . . .

the reason was because the conversation had evolved into a largely political conversation with islamic terrorism being discussed in conjunction with the plane's disappearance, so i renamed the thread and moved it to the politics section so people could say what they want without complaints about politics not belonging in the conversation.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Foodlion on March 12, 2014, 06:31:43 PM
It's based on the phones internal settings and the ones preset by the service provider.

Unless they can ping a signal off just 1 of the phones then I don't think they are still working. Most new phones these days have built in GPS that is turned on by default. I'd be more interested in hearing about that part.

Doesn't this assume the phones are intact and aren't immersed?   

A month ago my wife dropped her phone into a slushy (snow/water) puddle, it was immediately dead.  In the meantime, not knowing she'd trashed her phone, I both sent her texts and left a voice mail. I got no indication her phone was trashed, didn't know she hadn't gotten my texts/voice mail until she got home.

Foodlion

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 12, 2014, 07:13:45 PM
Doesn't this assume the phones are intact and aren't immersed?   

A month ago my wife dropped her phone into a slushy (snow/water) puddle, it was immediately dead.  In the meantime, not knowing she'd trashed her phone, I both sent her texts and left a voice mail. I got no indication her phone was trashed, didn't know she hadn't gotten my texts/voice mail until she got home.

Yeah pretty much. If the phone dies then it goes to the Service provider's settings. Same thing happened to me almost. I had my phone in my jacket and tossed it in the washing machine. I tried calling it to find it and it kept ringing then went strait to voicemail after so many times.

I should've said the phones internal settings OR the ones preset by the service provider instead. One can override the other.

albrecht

Quote from: Foodlion on March 12, 2014, 07:21:44 PM
Yeah pretty much. If the phone dies then it goes to the Service provider's settings. Same thing happened to me almost. I had my phone in my jacket and tossed it in the washing machine. I tried calling it to find it and it kept ringing then went strait to voicemail after so many times.

I should've said the phones internal settings OR the ones preset by the service provider instead. One can override the other.

I have my gps settings turned off (not that it probably does anything with regard to gov't surveillance) but I'm thinking that once up in the air, especially on an international flight, that one couldn't get signal from a cell tower. Or would a cell phone's gps actually be connecting to the geo-sync satellites gps regardless of connecting via the cell tower?) Either way the key issue is. If phone is crushed, turned-off, or battery dead the CALLER attempting to connect would still get a ring-tone on THEIR end before going to voice-mail? If so, the mysterious "phones still on" (since nobody answered) would be moot. Though I'm also, now, curious about the gps aspect (if phone itself connects to the system or needs to go through the tower to "link up" to the gps signal?)

George Drooly

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 12, 2014, 07:13:45 PMA month ago my wife dropped her phone into a slushy (snow/water) puddle, it was immediately dead.

Dude, c'mon: bag of rice

wr250

a Sasquatch appeared in the cockpit (via a portal and guided by angels) , took over the controls and piloted the plane into a mothership UFO; where they met louis farrakhan and then all was well.

bateman

Two of the weirder things I've read today:

QuoteThe Journal, citing “two people familiar with the details,” said data automatically downloaded from the plane’s Rolls Royce Trent 800 engines as part of a maintenance program continued to reach the ground for four hours after the flight went off radar.

QuoteAt one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

gbneely

Quote from: wr250 on March 13, 2014, 05:51:09 AM
a Sasquatch appeared in the cockpit (via a portal and guided by angels) , took over the controls and piloted the plane into a mothership UFO; where they met louis farrakhan and then all was well.

This has been my theory all along.

b_dubb

No.  It was a sasquatch/chupcabra hybrid creature that was genetically engineered by aliens at the underground Dulces base.  Originally the creature was designed to repair the robot french fry machines in the base commissary but they rebelled and a few were able to escape. 

gbneely

Quote from: b_dubb on March 13, 2014, 11:26:08 AM
No.  It was a sasquatch/chupcabra hybrid creature that was genetically engineered by aliens at the underground Dulces base.  Originally the creature was designed to repair the robot french fry machines in the base commissary but they rebelled and a few were able to escape. 

My God! What a hideous creature. Throw in portals and Louis Farrakhan and I could really get behind this.

ItsOver

Quote from: wr250 on March 13, 2014, 05:51:09 AM

Jorch?  Gnoory?  Is that you?  ;)

Foodlion

Quote from: George Drooly on March 13, 2014, 12:19:35 AM
Dude, c'mon: bag of rice

Yup. First thing I tell someone who dropped their phone in water is DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT BACK ON! else it will probably arch the tiny circuit board . Take it apart, and stuff it in a bag of rice. let it sit for a day before attempting to turn it on again. Another method I've heard of is putting into a fridge, inside the AC vent or wrapping in socks and sticking in the clothes dryer on a low setting.

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2014, 08:27:17 PM
I have my gps settings turned off (not that it probably does anything with regard to gov't surveillance) but I'm thinking that once up in the air, especially on an international flight, that one couldn't get signal from a cell tower. Or would a cell phone's gps actually be connecting to the geo-sync satellites gps regardless of connecting via the cell tower?) Either way the key issue is. If phone is crushed, turned-off, or battery dead the CALLER attempting to connect would still get a ring-tone on THEIR end before going to voice-mail? If so, the mysterious "phones still on" (since nobody answered) would be moot. Though I'm also, now, curious about the gps aspect (if phone itself connects to the system or needs to go through the tower to "link up" to the gps signal?)

GPS is satellite based, but the local or federal authorities can use tower pings to pinpoint cell phones (If in use) even if their GPS is turned off, or a 3rd method via a Stingray box http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker It's a bit off topic to mention the last two methods, but I'm just pointing out that while the GPS is limited, they methods to tracking a device aren't.

I know of Satellite phones working virtually anywhere on the planet, and I personally own a Delorme GPS that will even get a signal in a cave, out at sea, or high altitudes. My GPS cost me more than most of those cell phones and has 12 GPS chips in is. My guess is these phones didn't have very good GPS chips in them, and they probably gave off signals too faint to function in a high speed air craft encapsulated in the plane's cabin. But Who knows.

coaster

Quote from: b_dubb on March 13, 2014, 11:26:08 AM

He is such a pretentious twat. I bet he has AIDS by now.

VtaGeezer

The plot thickens...US sources are saying today that Flt 370 transmitted engine data for 4-5 hours after going missing.  Sad situation for the families involved. It raises clusterf*ck to a new plateau.

The General

You guys are missing one very important piece of data...

[attachimg=1]

ItsOver

Of course.  The data.  It's all about the data.  Look at the data!  I'm surprised gruesome Jorch hasn't had his "science adviser" on the show to discuss how to use his "torsion field detector" for this tragic situation.   ::)

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on March 13, 2014, 03:34:07 PM
Of course.  The data.  It's all about the data.  Look at the data!  I'm surprised gruesome Jorch hasn't had his "science adviser" on the show to discuss how to use his "torsion field detector" for this tragic situation.   ::)

ol morbid george probably hasnt thought of RHC recently

VtaGeezer

Quote from: The General on March 13, 2014, 03:01:28 PM
You guys are missing one very important piece of data...

[attachimg=1]
Hyperdimensional shift!  All we need is Dames and Hoagie to collaborate on the location!

ItsOver

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 13, 2014, 04:03:55 PM
Hyperdimensional shift!  All we need is Dames and Hoagie to collaborate on the location!

That should do it.  That's a pair Jorch should really have on at the same time.  Hoagie seeing things that aren't there, with Dames seeing things that won't happen.  A radio implosion event. 

albrecht

Quote from: Foodlion on March 13, 2014, 01:24:21 PM

GPS is satellite based, but the local or federal authorities can use tower pings to pinpoint cell phones (If in use) even if their GPS is turned off, or a 3rd method via a Stingray box http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker It's a bit off topic to mention the last two methods, but I'm just pointing out that while the GPS is limited, they methods to tracking a device aren't.

I know of Satellite phones working virtually anywhere on the planet, and I personally own a Delorme GPS that will even get a signal in a cave, out at sea, or high altitudes. My GPS cost me more than most of those cell phones and has 12 GPS chips in is. My guess is these phones didn't have very good GPS chips in them, and they probably gave off signals too faint to function in a high speed air craft encapsulated in the plane's cabin. But Who knows.

Yeah, I've heard of that Stingray box and the ability to track even if cell phone is off (and some phones even with battery out I'm told though cannot verify that.) And remotely turning on and the ability to listen in on your conversations in the room (not a phone conversation). But the gps part of the phone, I imagine, would need to be on for it to work but I could see how the gps would work (from the geo-sync sats) but the phone (for calls/txt) not work (cause far from cell towers) I'm talking normal cell phone/smart phone not a sat phone...I'm also curious how you can get gps or a sat phone in a cave? I've been in some basements and couldn't make a call or get radio but I have have one of those sat phones.

bateman

http://abcnews.go.com/International/malaysia-airliner-pinging-indication-crashed-indian-ocean/story?id=22894802

QuoteTwo U.S. officials tell ABC News the U.S. believes that the shutdown of two communication systems happened separately on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. One source said this indicates the plane did not come out of the sky because of a catastrophic failure.

HorrorRetro

I've never flown internationally, so I don't know, but now they're saying the plane might have flown an additional 4 or 5 hours after the last tracking hit.  If that's the case, why didn't passengers text or call people? Is there no service in those areas?  Like I said, I don't know how it all works, but it seems odd that there was no communication from the passengers if the plane did fly off course for 4 or 5 hours.

bateman

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 13, 2014, 06:20:23 PM
I've never flown internationally, so I don't know, but now they're saying the plane might have flown an additional 4 or 5 hours after the last tracking hit.  If that's the case, why didn't passengers text or call people? Is there no service in those areas?  Like I said, I don't know how it all works, but it seems odd that there was no communication from the passengers if the plane did fly off course for 4 or 5 hours.

The only thing I can think of is, they didn't know anything was wrong.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: bateman on March 13, 2014, 06:23:55 PM
The only thing I can think of is, they didn't know anything was wrong.

I guess that's possible. I checked the normal flight time from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, and it's 5 hours and 53 minutes.  If the plane disappeared off tracking 2 hours into the flight, as reported, and then flew another 4 or 5 hours, it seems someone would have noticed they were not preparing to land in Beijing and attempted to make contact with someone on land.

This story is so strange.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: wr250 on March 13, 2014, 06:53:59 PM
maybe ed dames will chip in, so we will then know where the plane is not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I needed that laugh!  ;D