• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: albrecht on May 24, 2018, 02:24:35 PM

Ha. I wonder if Art drank that coffee substitute that Mormons have? The name escapes me.

Postum?

Gone as of 2008...

http://blog.mrm.org/2008/01/mormon-coffee-welcomes-all-postum-refugees/

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 24, 2018, 02:27:47 PM
You mean Mormon Tea?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephedra_(plant)

Possibly related to the soma of the Vedas hahaa
Ha. I wouldn't have thought Mormons would ban caffeine but allow mahuang! But, no, I was thinking of Postum:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postum

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 24, 2018, 02:36:40 PM
Again, you know nothing about me. I used to listen to Hannity, Jones, O’Reilly.. every night. Every night. Hell, I called in. They got old. So have I. I belonged to a flock of sheep once. Not gonna make that mistake again.

** This goes for liberal shows as well. I don’t listen, because it’s all the same. I have a brain. I’ll let the facts speak for themselves.. not let some dude decipher the shit for me like it’s gold, and Im grateful to get his precious nuggets. It’s why I don’t go to church. No man behind a podium is going to translate something for me that I can read for myself.

YAY!

Free thinking is a total virtue - one not so easily mastered though.

bellNwhistle

Postum- My Catholic grandpa drank that all of the time. It’s not horrible. I did wonder why I haven’t seen it around. I’ve had to look for other coffee alternatives. :(

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 24, 2018, 05:10:14 PM
YAY!

I’m human. I fail at times. Probably a lot. But I do my best.

albrecht

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 24, 2018, 05:00:02 PM

Postum?

Gone as of 2008...

http://blog.mrm.org/2008/01/mormon-coffee-welcomes-all-postum-refugees/
That was what I was thinking of, but Mormons can celebrate because apparently Postum  is back. I doubt a good Mormon missed it anyway since they likely have years of supply with their other supplies.

Sean92008

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 24, 2018, 04:41:22 PM
Ah, thank you. When it comes to cheap wine, I prefer Culitos.

The only thing that could have made that label art better would be if he were pinching one of the ladies asses...  Cheeky, that would have been!

DaveSchrader

TONITE TONITE TONITE!

LIVE CALLS in HOUR 3 for our guest!

That's right you can call in TONIGHT and be a part of the show.  Listen Live for the new number to call in.

NOW....with that said, it is an automated system, it will ask for your name and city or state...That is so that when I call you out, you know what line I am going to.  I know you want UNSCREENED Lines, these are as unscreened as I can make them with our system. Just a first name and a location so when you are ready to go live, you know who I am going to.

Thanks for your patience and let the Phone Phun Begin!

DS

Roswells, Art

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 24, 2018, 05:09:32 PM
https://twitter.com/ArtBellCom/status/999752594372280320

"Extracting" is an interesting word.

It's a little more professionally worded than "pulled them from her screaming, clawing body, not to mention there were rocks and everything she could throw at us thrown at us as we ran away with the equipment".

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 24, 2018, 05:11:03 PM
Postum- My Catholic grandpa drank that all of the time. It’s not horrible. I did wonder why I haven’t seen it around. I’ve had to look for other coffee alternatives. :(

I had a honey vanilla latte at Dunkin last week. I hardly tasted the coffee. It occurred to me that I could make my own version at home by steaming milk and adding honey and vanilla without the coffee.

albrecht

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 24, 2018, 05:10:14 PM
YAY!

Even if you don't have an "open mind" on some issue if you only listen to the echo chamber you won't be able to argue your position as well because you don't know how other people are thinking, framing the issue, reporting on the issue, etc. And, every so often, you might find a subject, fact, or position that you haven't thought of interesting o maybe change an opinion. But it is important to know the enemy, so I still read and listen to sources of which I don't agree.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 24, 2018, 05:16:19 PM
TONITE TONITE TONITE!

That's right you can call in TONIGHT and be a part of the show.  Listen Live for the new number to call in.

NOW....with that said, it is an automated system, it will ask for your name and city or state...That is so that when I call you out, you know what line I am going to.  I know you want UNSCREENED Lines, these are as unscreened as I can make them with our system. Just a first name and a location so when you are ready to go live, you know who I am going to.

DS

It's OK, Dave. We all get that you're a tool of the system now.

juanelo

If You walk on ice, you might as well dance

Sean92008

TONITE TONITE TONITE!

DS
Soon, we'll be asking you why you're so phoney...

Eh... Nevermind.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: juanelo on May 24, 2018, 05:19:14 PM
If You walk on ice, you might as well dance

I've never seen a hockey coach do that. It would probably look kinda gay.

albrecht

TONITE TONITE TONITE!

DS

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 24, 2018, 04:56:09 PM
I will start a list of every beatles song and this pos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5T6Issg6Yg

Ah, but if every Beatles song was terrible then they wouldn't be a good band and we know that isn't the case but you are entitled to your opinion. ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 24, 2018, 05:17:31 PM
It's a little more professionally worded than "pulled them from her screaming, clawing body, not to mention there were rocks and everything she could throw at us thrown at us as we ran away with the equipment".

Ha I knew someone could fill in the gaps!

chefist

TONITE TONITE TONITE!

DS

Looking forward to it! Break a leg.

TONITE TONITE TONITE!

DS

Meh.  More importantly, The Guy from Pittsburgh's  new Mac laptop power brick works!   He's ready to start producing
a daily 1 minute blurb for your show now.   It's high time for you to make that long delayed call................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piesLHovx_Q

Asuka Langley

Quote from: chefist on May 24, 2018, 05:24:16 PM
Looking forward to it! Break a leg.

Or find a golden plate... whatever works for you Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

DaveSchrader

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2018, 05:18:40 PM
It's OK, Dave. We all get that you're a tool of the system now.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 24, 2018, 05:25:59 PM
Not a band but this definitely makes the cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ_Wbjz8JTc
Let's talk about gnomes, fairies, and brownies!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: albrecht on May 24, 2018, 05:18:37 PM
Even if you don't have an "open mind" on some issue if you only listen to the echo chamber you won't be able to argue your position as well because you don't know how other people are thinking, framing the issue, reporting on the issue, etc. And, every so often, you might find a subject, fact, or position that you haven't thought of interesting o maybe change an opinion. But it is important to know the enemy, so I still read and listen to sources of which I don't agree.

That’s part of why I’ve turned Rush on, on occasion, though it usually pains me to do so.  :P And Beck. I just don’t only listen to one, or only listen to the other. I prefer neutral news sources if possible, discredit obvious fake news sites, and try to dig out the truth.

As I’ve previoudly  said, I did spend several years watching only Fox News. At some point, it was so obviously biased, that instead of watching Hannity and O’Reilly, I switched to MSNBC.. and again, same deal. Keith Olberman was so fucking biased, I couldn’t watch.  I don’t care if you have your opinions, or whatever. However, it’s too much to me like someone shoving their religion down my throat..  something I abhor. Now, I should have known better when I started watching them.. it’s why I don't watch Rachel Maddow, or really any of the evening non-news programs these stations offer. Just give me the news. Not your slanted take on it. People are so over the top these days.JMO.

Honestly, part of why Id prefer Dave not do shows about politics is that I listen to him so I can get away from that.