• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

I am going to settle in and catch up on Friday’s show with DS.
Tide pods!
Looking forward to another week of good shows. Also the true crime podcast is great. Finally finished the Bigfoot interview and I really enjoyed it.

HumanBeing

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 20, 2018, 07:00:22 PM
I don’t judge anyone who still listens to him. Their choice. I am just done. Going to delete my archives tomorrow.

That sucks that this has taken the pleasure out of hearing Art's old programs for you  :-\
I can understand it though. If everything that is being said about him is even half true then he was quite the bastard.
His pattern of behavior seemed so callous and unrepentant.

I wonder though did he mellow out at all with age or when he married Airyn?
If he had an affair with Heather then that would cement his true legacy that he began in his late teens.
The speculation that he was screwing around with Heather is something that I do believe was the case.
Art really did Heather's head in. From propping her up to being his radio legacy to bedding her on the side stirring up that carnal passion.
Very manipulative.

HumanBeing

Quote from: trostol on May 20, 2018, 07:03:57 PM
so...HW hasn't said anything in weeks on her FB page..yet her creeps still follow her unquestioningly...

Just shows how little she cares about her followers or how messed up and panicked she is that she doesn't even know what she is going to do from day to day.
As far as I know she hasn't even used twitter since she went on that rampage the following few days after Art's death. So folks who follow her there have been in the dark.
She probably communicates with folks in her facebook fan groups but has no consideration to provide timely info on her facebook page. Such a mess.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 20, 2018, 07:18:43 PM
That sucks that this has taken the pleasure out of hearing Art's old programs for you  :-\
I can understand it though. If everything that is being said about him is even half true then he was quite the bastard.

If he had an affair with Heather then that would cement his true legacy that he began in his late teens.
The speculation that he was screwing around with Heather is something that I do believe was the case.
Art really did Heather's head in. From propping her up to being his radio legacy to bedding her on the side stirring up that carnal passion.
Very manipulative.
It’s ok there are so many shows out there now. I love the occult too and conspiracy. As to who manipulated who I think they both did. No one was innocent. I also don’t listen to Heater because her behavior as well turns my stomach as well as her voice. Why listen to bad radio? People can and should listen to whoever they want. You like what you like.

dsz

Very manipulative.

Then I guess his legions of fans who put him up on that pedestal and help fuel and reinforce the god-like complex are just as culpable in anything that happened during the time of C2C onward.

I dunno.  The man is dead and can't defend himself at all.  With that said,  I'm more and more convinced that he was a serious lech and more libertine than libertarian.  I imagine I'll still listen to the old Martin interviews and maybe an old Ghost-to-Ghost here and there.

Hells Mole

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 06:42:52 PM
PBS said a lot of people have decided to stop listening to his old shows. Is that just cuz he’s (now discovered to be) a creep? Or out of solidarity to Vincent? Both?

I guess the Gnorster missed his chance to cash in on those Art Bell classic shows!  At the rate things seem to be going hardly anyone will be interested by the time he ever finishes and puts them up behind the paywall.

dsz

Quote from: trostol on May 20, 2018, 07:03:57 PM
so...HW hasn't said anything in weeks on her FB page..yet her creeps still follow her unquestioningly...

Actually it's still way under a week. It was this past Thursday.

#FactsPlease
#MustWatchMSNBCnn

Hells Mole

Quote from: dsz on May 20, 2018, 06:49:06 PM
If Art was having phone sex with Philippine women back in the day do you think that's where Heather got the idea for her other line of work... from Art?

This clip from Art's buddy says it all.

bellNwhistle

Very manipulative.

Okay, I thought we talked about this.. mentioning Heather and “carnal passion” (or related) in the same sentence, paragraph, day..

Quote from: Freyja on May 20, 2018, 07:11:43 PM
I turned away from Art when he dismissed what may or may not have happened with 911,

Meanwhile his good friend Bob McCutcheon is allegedly bragging about assassinating women and children but oh 'the government would never do that to their own people....'

dsz

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 20, 2018, 07:27:03 PM
I guess the Gnorster missed his chance to cash in on those Art Bell classic shows!  At the rate things seem to be going hardly anyone will be interested by the time he ever finishes and puts them up behind the paywall.

There are many people who will still listen to his old shows because they either don't give a shit, aren't aware, or are taking a rational, even keeled, past is the past approach like me.

wr250

Quote from: sydtron on May 20, 2018, 06:39:59 PM
Good God. Michael T. Vara is following me on Twitter. And re-retweeting some of my stuff.

Michael T. Vara = bad mv?

chefist

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 20, 2018, 07:05:58 PM
I might be wrong but I thought Vincent mentioned someone named Paul.
Forget now if this Paul was his friend or someone who contacted him on facebook.

I wonder if this the same Paul on BellGab  ??? I may have already missed this info in previous posts.

This is his post...

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 11:23:09 AM
Not really.
Art Bell was bitter because C2C didn't fork out money didn't back him up in his lawsuit against Ted Gunderson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=R2ome9SUTto

Asuka Langley

I wont be listening to Art anymore but i didn't listen to him after he left MITD anyways. I downloaded the Art Bell torrent but i still haven't gotten around to listening to any of it and i forgot i had it but thanks for reminding me so i can delete it. Not listening to that wife/child abandoning faggot, fuck Art Bell.

I can still appreciate his tits though he had a nice rack.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 20, 2018, 10:18:15 AM
The dragging out of Heater on his "test" MITD as some sort of co-host was one of the clues, plus his so-called problems with MITD before he even started the show.  I remember listening to the joint Bell and Heater show and wondering WTF is up with this.  He would have rolled in Heater earlier as the full time host if it hadn't been such a bomb.  Bell figured what the hell and built up the subscriber base for Heater for a few months before he finally dropped the Heater bomb in December of 2015 and launched into his final quittening.
When Art said that he had a special guest for that show I thought for sure it was either his Wife or Crystal Gayle, never in my corrupted mind did I ever expect Heather.

dsz

It can't be up to just me to be Heather AND Art's defense attorney now. Timebandit, where are you? And Heather, you wanna help? Don't make me summon Lasha.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 20, 2018, 07:31:44 PM
I wont be listening to Art anymore but i didn't listen to him after he left MITD anyways. I downloaded the Art Bell torrent but i still haven't gotten around to listening to any of it and i forgot i had it but thanks for reminding me so i can delete it. Not listening to that wife/child abandoning faggot, fuck Art Bell.

I can still appreciate his tit's though he had a nice rack.

You weren’t a fan before you found this out, were you?

trostol

Quote from: dsz on May 20, 2018, 07:33:21 PM
It can't be up to just me to be Heather AND Art's defense attorney now. Timebandit, where are you? And Heather, you wanna help? Don't make me summon Lasha.

go ahead White Knight...she needs to just come out and tell her fans whats what and not have internet rumors just going floating around..or having that twat Lasha speaking for her..or even bad MV...she shows a lack of ..anything for her fans by saying nothing or so..very little

Catsmile

Quote from: whoozit on May 20, 2018, 03:22:31 PM
I was cranky this morning and picked up an “I am above the fray” vibe. I get what you mean and obviously you are correct in what you meant.  I was just pointing out that Art knew, but no longer does.  Carry on.

# If I were above it,
# I wouldn't be wallowing in it.
# Sorry if the detached clinical style puts people off at times.
# Also catch hell when I imbibe in other stylizations.
# Like Hashspeakâ,,¢
# Can'tWin
# Meh

# PBS, when you said you weren't reading chat last night...
# I wanted to see if you were actually reading, or not.
# First attention grabber that popped into my fingers was...
# "PBS IS UP DAVES ASS"
# Which you proceeded to read on air. Much 2 MVs chagrin.
# Reckons U were reading after all.
# I LoLed. Sorry, thatz how I am sometimes.
# I'mUhBastard.

bellNwhistle

I guess we’re back to the BellGab of 2015? 

:-X

Asuka Langley

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 07:34:20 PM
You weren’t a fan before you found this out, were you?

eh, kinda but not really i never got to hear him when he was on c2c. And not a big fan of listening to 20 year old radio shows because i don't give a fuck about stupid bullshit like mel's hole. I guess you have to be old and listened to it pre-internet when his bullshit was more believable. I could see the mind theater being fun back then but it's laughable now, i cant laugh at him grooming little boys and abandoning his many wives and children though.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 20, 2018, 07:39:27 PM
eh, kinda but not really i never got to hear him when he was on c2c. And not a big fan of listening to 20 year old radio shows because i don't give a fuck about stupid bullshit like mel's hole. I guess you have to be old and listened to it pre-internet when his bullshit was more believable. I could see the mind theater being fun back then but it's laughable now, i cant laugh at him grooming little boys and abandoning his many wives and children though.

Grooming little boys?  ???

Catsmile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 07:37:46 PM
I guess we’re back to the BellGab of 2015? 

:-X

So it would seem...

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 20, 2018, 11:19:12 AM
If you're talking about the Prey video game you have to get the original from 10+ years ago not the new one released within the last couple of years.  The original game was great, at least the first section of it while on Earth with Art Bell on the radio.  After that it's basically alien Portal.  Very unique atmosphere/ambience.  Can't speak for the remake.  If people say it sucks it must be the remake they are talking about because it seemed like the original was cherished.
I just started playing The Secret World legends, it is all paranormal and myth/secret society based.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Catsmile on May 20, 2018, 07:36:26 PM
# If I were above it,
# I wouldn't be wallowing in it.
# Sorry if the detached clinical style puts people off at times.
# Also catch hell when I imbibe in other stylizations.
# Like Hashspeakâ,,¢
# Can'tWin
# Meh

# PBS, when you said you weren't reading chat last night...
# I wanted to see if you were actually reading, or not.
# First attention grabber that popped into my fingers was...
# "PBS IS UP DAVES ASS"
# Which you proceeded to read on air. Much 2 MVs chagrin.
# Reckons U were reading after all.
# I LoLed. Sorry, thatz how I am sometimes.
# I'mUhBastard.
I meant I wasn’t reading while on the phone. I forgot and was concentrating and when I flipped back that was the first thing I saw. Caps are hard to miss. I had until I called been reading. Usually I do both but I am out of practice having been out of podcasting. No worries catsmile. Not that you were worried. Lol Anyway it sparked good conversation.

Sean92008

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 20, 2018, 06:56:01 PM
I had almost the same thing happen to me at the PX on Ft. Dix, I needed s spare key for my truck and went to the key shop at the PX that was run my a Korean lady who spoke very broken English, the sign said .99 a key so I got 2 keys made and when I went to pay for the she 1 dolla, 2 dolla, 3 dolla, 4 dolla,,4 dolla, I pointed out the sign and she said no 1 dolla a side,, she got mad and kept saying 4 dolla, 4 dolla, you pay 4 dolla now!  I just walked out and I coulkd still hear her saying u bad GI, you bad GI, u give 4 dolla now.
If it were a Korean lady, even if she were, uh, not pretty, I'd at least try to get some Asian flirt on... 😁