• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ask Jackstar Anything

Started by Jackstar, October 08, 2018, 11:47:27 PM

pate

Quote from: brig on October 31, 2018, 10:55:36 AM
You mean,

Like THIS?

Sort of, grub my dear.  Your first step will be to solve the 'Given:  Σ(x)=903.'

I think that equation technically falls into the realm of Calculus in your piece of the multiverse;  if I recall correctly in myne it is somewhere in the pre-Calc/adv-Alg realm, but that was a long thyme ago and far away.  In my world it is known as the "Sum function."  It is rather basic, but with a basic understanding of it a whole new set of whirleds opens up.  It is fun to play with on silly "back of the envelope" or "restaurant napkin" calculations.  The best part is that the uninitiated people around you will have no idea if you are doing bullshit scientology or real shit as they won't be able to show a mathematical proof showing how your argument is unsound.  I believe it was the French who first innovated this sort of double entendre in the maths world, mainly to make fun of the Anglisch.  It is a past-thyme I take semi-srsly, mainly for my own entartaintment.

So, in summation, grub solve that 'Given:  Σ(x)=903.'  And get back to me if my earlier mathematical bon voyage to a different point in the multi-versus is still khanfusticating.

-pate

pate

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 31, 2018, 09:53:14 AM
Technological advancement scripted by Skynet?

Yeah, what could possibly be non-beneficial in that, eh?

UBI much?

Eye goat this one Jack!

I believe his answer to all three questions wood be "benis³;"  that being the root of all evil.

To be fair in the post you were responding to I think he was hinting at the possibility that an energy company/conglomerate/cabal are suppressing a "free energy" technology.  If true, and I agree with him on the point, that would be one of the stupidest and shortsighted things one could do with such a technology.  Unless, you were using the tech for your own personal gain to the detriment of all others.  That I could really sink my teeth into, it'd be delish.

Another possibility is that were the technology of "free energy" common knowledge, evil folks would misuse it somehow and you'd have to waste your precious unlimited free time combating the evul idjets out there.  It's a wash really, I am sort of against the unwashed masses having access to "free energy," think of how many more annoying cat-memes there'd be!

Metron2267

Quote from: pate on October 31, 2018, 11:26:58 AM
Eye goat this one Jack!

I believe his answer to all three questions wood be "benis³;"  that being the root of all evil.

;D

QuoteTo be fair in the post you were responding to I think he was hinting at the possibility that an energy company/conglomerate/cabal are suppressing a "free energy" technology.  If true, and I agree with him on the point, that would be one of the stupidest and shortsighted things one could do with such a technology.  Unless, you were using the tech for your own personal gain to the detriment of all others.  That I could really sink my teeth into, it'd be delish.

Zero Point Energy much?

https://goldenageofgaia.com/2010/11/17/gregg-braden-zero-point-and-the-schumann-resonance/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG4s1XP01d4
QuoteAnother possibility is that were the technology of "free energy" common knowledge, evil folks would misuse it somehow and you'd have to waste your precious unlimited free time combating the evul idjets out there.  It's a wash really, I am sort of against the unwashed masses having access to "free energy," think of how many more annoying cat-memes there'd be!

;D

Jackstar

QuoteAsk pate or Jackstar Anything

We won't allow this.

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on October 31, 2018, 08:20:01 AM
I had never considered pate to be a acronym.

Oh, very well. Why the deliberate lack of capitalization then?

whoozit

Quote from: Jackstar on October 31, 2018, 11:40:59 AM

We won't allow this.
Why?  Notice I even refrained from using the quote button in deference to your delicate temperament.  Edit:  You responded too fast. 

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on October 31, 2018, 11:42:49 AM
Oh, very well. Why the deliberate lack of capitalization then?

I reserve the right to leave questions unanswered for reasons, or for no particular reason.

This question doesn't rate a specific answer being a possible reason.

Obvious answer should be oblivious.

Jackstar

Quote from: whoozit on October 31, 2018, 11:42:53 AM
Notice I even refrained from using the quote button in deference to your delicate temperament. 

Quote button usage in that particular instance was called for. Disqualification: nearby.

Edit:  You responded too fast.

Then... I guess I'm disqualified.

Why?

See above.

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on October 31, 2018, 11:54:57 AM
This question doesn't rate a specific answer being a possible reason.

You can just admit that it's classified, you know. I We would accept that cheerfully.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 31, 2018, 11:58:23 AM
Quote button usage in that particular instance was called for. Disqualification: nearby.

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on October 31, 2018, 12:00:42 PM
You can just admit that it's classified, you know. I We would accept that cheerfully.

Not in the form of a question, Eye wool aloe it.

Can neither conform nor deny.

-p

Jackstar

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on October 31, 2018, 12:34:46 PM
Where are you at on the IQ?

I would omit the "at" and add a "scale," in that intar-agogotive symblol manipulation.  I leave the final placement up to you.

My folks told me as a wee bairn that I could "easily join MENSA."  This comes from the same people that allowed me to be mutilated at birf, AND repeatedly lied about Santa Clause, Eastar Bunnie, and The Troof Fairy.

Eye recon data memes, uh taint drum.

Take that for what it is worth, which must be an awful Lot being it is naow published on the intar-tubes and therefore a citable "fact."  With hyperlinks, even.

That is all Janus my opinion tho, mange.

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on October 31, 2018, 12:51:20 PM
I would omit the "at" and add a "scale,"

This isn't your bathroom mirror. I am not Elvis. Nice try though.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on October 31, 2018, 08:20:01 AM
As an acronym pate can stand for all kinds of things, the fun part is the contradictions in all the possible standings.  I had never considered pate to be a acronym.

I think what pate stands for is freedom.  Primarily pate freedom, all other freedoms are secondary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDvlErh5zcc

Jackstar

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 30, 2018, 02:49:52 PM
Curious why some of the folks over there haven’t come back here. Guess there’s a tiff or something.

They're wicked busy doing show prep in their secret private speshhull forum boards. All those textbooks have to come from somewhere.

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 30, 2018, 02:49:52 PM
Guess there’s a tiff or something.

More of a misunderstanding, really. I'll continue to allow it.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on October 31, 2018, 12:26:42 AM
What does p.a.t.e. stand for?

I dunno.  But it goes with crackers.

paladin1991

So, I've cruised through this thread here and I'm not sure what set everybody off.  Other than the fact that DrMetron has arrived to shit up another thread.

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 31, 2018, 11:11:04 PM
I'm not sure what set everybody off.

Who? Them? They are as peasants. They know nothing.

Who the fuck cuts your hair, man ?

;)      ;D

ksm32

So, I've cruised through this thread here and I'm not sure what set everybody off.

Jojo, Monica, and 14 all have many identities and now they're all arguing with each other. Nostradamus saw it and wrote it down on a sticky but there was a breeze that day and it blew off the table and drifted under the couch... was later found by his housekeeper who would eventually join Bellgab as Jojo, Monica, and 14. It's a big mess.

Jackstar

Quote from: ksm32 on November 01, 2018, 03:17:36 AM
Jojo, Monica, and 14 all have many identities and now they're all arguing with each other.

Classic performance art is classic.

Jackstar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 29, 2018, 05:01:09 PM
Do you believe this website has had 447 people on it in the last hour considering there is less than ten people on the most active thread at the moment?

https://www.reddit.com/r/slatestarcodex/comments/9rvroo/most_of_what_you_read_on_the_internet_is_written/

Possible relevance. Save your upvotes until certain.

Metron2267

So, I've cruised through this thread here and I'm not sure what set everybody off.  Other than the fact that DrMetron has arrived to shit up another thread.