• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Most hated radio commercials anyone?

Started by rolindos, August 22, 2011, 02:21:30 PM

wr250

i saw a haribo gummy bear commercial on tv today. has taintco got that big?

A lot of AM stations used to play what seemed like a two-part commercial for Gold Bond Powder and Ovaltine.  I didn't hate it, but it always cracked me up because it made me wonder if Ovaltine was just chocolate flavored itch relief powder and they were killing two birds with one ad.

scottydawg

>:(That God Damned radio commercial with that Dingbat broad, "Here's something you don't hear on the radio everyday, I am Blind" They run it 5 times in 4 hours of the show, sometimes back to back. We don't care, we can't see that your blind, and we CAN tell your reading from a script! I can't hit the button fast enough on my XM Radio controller to change to another station.
At first I thought it was on just SXM 104, but then I found out it's on the local feed too!
The second is Ty Bollinger "Cancer, Step Outside the Box" Over and over and Fucking over! Geez is Ty Jorches Gay lover or what?
It's as bad as those dipshit Actors and Actresses that say, "Stand Up to Cancer" asking you to give till it hurts. Yeah right like a millionaire is going to convince me to give money to his charity. I already do that involuntarily thru my payroll deductions, and they are called U.S. Senators!

Grov505th

Quote from: scottydawg on April 09, 2014, 02:37:31 PM
>:(That God Damned radio commercial with that Dingbat broad, "Here's something you don't hear on the radio everyday, I am Blind" They run it 5 times in 4 hours of the show, sometimes back to back. We don't care, we can't see that your blind, and we CAN tell your reading from a script! I can't hit the button fast enough on my XM Radio controller to change to another station.
At first I thought it was on just SXM 104, but then I found out it's on the local feed too!

Oh god they have this one here and another with some dude talking about the same thing.....Also they have a rock version of 1-877-kars-4kids.
Now that I think about hey have a lot of donate your car to a need person and get awsome tax right offs around here

FallenSeraph

Quote from: scottydawg on April 09, 2014, 02:37:31 PM

THIS THIS THIS THIS!

For a while they had a groovy-sounding dude doing that commercial. And then they switched the voice but kept the script. And that lady does a horrible job in comparison. And the fact that I have so much to say about a radio commercial is frightening.

And that itch cream commercial Noory does is right up there, too. Note that I can't remember the name of the cream. I can only remember choice lines like "When you're itchy and miserable in your OWN skin" and "you don't see those big companies doing THAT!"

"That's C-A-R-N-I . . . ."

bigchucka

The one with the young woman signing about her daily routine.  It was for some new morning breakfast biscut.  Thank God that one went away.  Some get annoying after a few times.  That one was as soon as I heard it.  I've found heckling the radio can help.

bigchucka

Quote from: Seraphim27 on April 09, 2014, 03:05:41 PM
And that itch cream commercial Noory does is right up there, too. Note that I can't remember the name of the cream. I can only remember choice lines like "When you're itchy and miserable in your OWN skin" and "you don't see those big companies doing THAT!"

Kinda like that line from Zoolander(?)  Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.  Who's the fuck else's would it be?

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on April 09, 2014, 03:05:41 PM

...And that itch cream commercial Noory does is right up there, too... "When you're itchy and miserable in your OWN skin"
Just how I picture Noory.

Birdie

Quote from: The General on April 09, 2014, 01:53:03 PM
Why don't these Carnivora motherfuckers just dig up Reagan's corpse so his skeleton can do an endorsement?
Lol! The ones I have been hearing in the past month or so don't say Reagan anymore. They say 'in the 80's, a former US president...' I looked at the Carnabeaura (dang, I can never remember how to spell that correctly) website, and they still mention Reagan by name. I was hoping they got a cease and desist letter.

maureen

So the igNoory promotes flesh-eating product? is he a zombie agent? doesn't carnivore mean meat-eater? with turmeric? damn the dismal coprolite!!

kyleblack

The non-24 disorder blind person ad is not only annoying and ran ad nauseam, it's misleading and really for a pharmaceutical drug that entered the market days ago.

yumyumtree

Yes, there's a new Kars4Kids. Yes, I noticed that they stopped mentioning Reagan on the Carnivora spot. Maybe Michael Reagan's lawyer sent them a strongly worded letter.

There must be an epidemic of people digging on their property without calling the U Dig number because there sure a lot of spots about it now.

I have t heard the Biblical Money Code or God-Said-Man-Said spots lately.

Wouldn't it be fun if George did embedded spots like Rush does, smoothly segueing into a commercial for Hillsdale College or Lifelock?

The General

Quote from: kyleblack on April 13, 2014, 02:07:09 AM
The non-24 disorder blind person ad is not only annoying and ran ad nauseam, it's misleading and really for a pharmaceutical drug that entered the market days ago.

God that commercial sucks. 

wr250

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 30, 2014, 12:14:30 AM
Yes, there's a new Kars4Kids. Yes, I noticed that they stopped mentioning Reagan on the Carnivora spot. Maybe Michael Reagan's lawyer sent them a strongly worded letter.

There must be an epidemic of people digging on their property without calling the U Dig number because there sure a lot of spots about it now.

I have t heard the Biblical Money Code or God-Said-Man-Said spots lately.

Wouldn't it be fun if George did embedded spots like Rush does, smoothly segueing into a commercial for Hillsdale College or Lifelock?

noory doesnt do anything smoothly

Catsmile

Now you can enjoy non-24 on TV...   ::)

Grov505th

Quote from: Catsmile on May 08, 2014, 06:44:37 PM
Now you can enjoy non-24 on TV...   ::)

Oh god I saw this lastnight, even had a argument with the wife about it. She didnt get it was a drug commercial.

zeebo

How about the one where the lady complains about how her son backtalks to her?  "That really hurt me son!" or whatever.  I will drop whatever I'm doing and yank the batteries out of my radio to not hear it.

bigchucka

Quote from: zeebo on May 12, 2014, 05:54:40 PM
How about the one where the lady complains about how her son backtalks to her?  "That really hurt me son!" or whatever.  I will drop whatever I'm doing and yank the batteries out of my radio to not hear it.

I've always liked (well... hated) the one that starts off "I remember the day my son told me he hated me, and slammed the door in my face."  I always in my head hear a friend of mine trying to top that statement.  "Oh, yeah?  Well I remember the day...."   Anyone else out there that can beat it?

Echo

When someone mentions a bad commercial. The old HEADON commercial pops into my head.

HEADON! Apply directly to the forehead!

Birdie

Lately, the one that makes me want to smash my head against the wall is a long Fox News promo. And not just because it is Fox News, lol!
It plays at every break and has been the same for a year, maybe longer. They go through the most popular shows and there is a sound bite for 'The Independants' with the lady saying, 'cut the nonsense!' in a whiny, nasal, yet shrill tone. Later in the commercial, another lady snottily declares that 'everyday, I'm talking to heads of state, global allocators of capital...' He tone is so snotty, especially the way she emphasizes the word global. Makes me want to smack her.
Arg! I think because I have heard the commercial so many times, it is now like an icepick to my eye (or ear). I am so sick of that damn promo. Shouldn't they have made a new one, like 6 months ago?

Quote from: kyleblack on April 13, 2014, 02:07:09 AM

I'm wondering how many more days until the "non-attorney" spokesman gives the 800 number to call so you can cash in on the settlement with the Drug Co.  because of the horrible side effects.  "Have you or someone in your family died after taking...?"

The General

What happens if I mix Carnivora with Texas Super Food?
Will I have a 12 hour erection?

onan

Quote from: The General on June 16, 2014, 02:29:03 PM

Yes but it will cross the border and coyote your bung hole.

bigchucka

Quote from: The General on June 16, 2014, 02:29:03 PM

... that modulates between hardness and softness and what direction it points?

FallenSeraph

That life insurance commercial with all the commas and apparently a helpless woman with no job:

"Until one day, my friend said to me, point blank, 'What would you do if you lost your husband? How would you pay your bills? Your mortgage? Your car payments?'"

Something like that. I can't believe I can't quote it verbatim at this point.

Do you want a degree DOT com?  Do you want a degree DOT com?  Do you want a degree DOT com?  Do you want a degree DOT com?  Do you want a degree DOT com?  ...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...!!!!!

bigchucka

Quote from: Seraphim27 on June 16, 2014, 03:39:45 PM
That life insurance commercial with all the commas and apparently a helpless woman with no job:

"Until one day, my friend said to me, point blank, 'What would you do if you lost your husband? How would you pay your bills? Your mortgage? Your car payments?'"

Something like that. I can't believe I can't quote it verbatim at this point.

I heckle this commercial as well.  You may be offended by what I go with... involves the fact that Littlefinger is usually hiring.  Or, instead of asking her point blank... I try to have her ask in a round about way...

The mortgage relief one that starts out talking about a leg of lamb being served for dinner... maybe if you cut back on your food bill?  Stores do sell other things that are cheaper.... maybe look at a store ad?  Don't know about the rest of the country, but in my town lamb at Kroger is expensive as shit.

albrecht

There is one running here about some disease they are promoting (no doubt to sell their new medicine.) Something about a non-functioning pancreas or something. It goes on and on about "oily smelly stools, etc" and "Its OK, Ask your doctor, he's heard it all before."