• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Art Bell/Michael Savage Lawsuit Update Thread

Started by Nobody, February 10, 2017, 03:03:51 AM

Nobody

This thread is for those who are interested in the current status of the Art Bell/Michael Savage suit, but who aren't interested in having to plow through the minutiae of Art Bell's life found in the Art Bell thread to get at it.

I'll start things off:

Art Bell files suit against Michael Savage in US District Court on Nov 30, 2016:

ART BELL and his wife AIRYN RUIZ BELL have filed suit against syndicated talker MICHAEL SAVAGE, WESTWOOD ONE, and CUMULUS for defamation, invasion of privacy, and intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress. 

The suit, filed WEDNESDAY in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CALIFORNIA, alleges that on SEPTEMBER 25th, SAVAGE defamed the couple with the comment, "You say UFOs, you wind up in the PHILIPPINES with a 10-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years. You can’t do UFOs. That’s an in-joke, by the way, for people who understand the business.”

The suit notes that "Ms. BELL has never been a prostitute and was 22 years old when the BELLS married. Also, Mr. BELL was not 'off the radio' because he discussed UFOs or married Ms. BELL. These facts were publicly known and closely followed by many in the radio broadcasting industry and general public."

A request for a retraction or correction was "ignored," the complaint states. "At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting and journalism."

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/160340/art-and-airyn-bell-sue-michael-savage-for-defamati

Can someone please post the court date when it appears online?

I can't find any reference to it since December, but I will say that Savage can be a real jackass.  Him insinuating that talking about UFOs will get you kicked off the air is ridiculous considering that the subjct of UFOs is one of the main reasons he stayed on air. And calling his wife an underage prostitute doesn't help Savage in any light.

Report on Art Bell filing suit against Michael Savage in US District Court, Nov 30, 2016:

''A request for a retraction or correction was "ignored," the complaint states. "At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting and journalism''."

First, this is a frivolous lawsuit.  For claiming in the filing he was ''strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting career'' when in my opinion he is not - based on his comments and actions - and is just using that as a reason to seek damages, I hope Savage sues him for attorney's fees.

Quote from: Art Bell on November 11, 2016, 10:18:58 PM
... I don't think I have been teasing anybody about coming back on the air...

Art

Echo

I doubt Savages listeners knew who he was talking about. Did anyone post "i think savage insulated Art Bell" on here, back when it happened on Savage radio show?

Before the lawsuit was filed, i never heard a thing about it. Guess that shows how much the internet cared.

Echo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 10, 2017, 08:08:10 AM
Report on Art Bell filing suit against Michael Savage in US District Court, Nov 30, 2016:

''A request for a retraction or correction was "ignored," the complaint states. "At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting and journalism''."

First, this is a frivolous lawsuit.  For claiming in the filing he was ''strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting career'' when in my opinion he is not - based on his comments and actions - and is just using that as a reason to seek damages, I hope Savage sues him for attorney's fees.

I believe it's a frivolous lawsuit too. In 2015 Art clearly stated he was hanging it up for good. 

(screen capture from Artbell.com

Quote from: Echo on February 10, 2017, 08:43:39 AM
I doubt Savages listeners knew who he was talking about. Did anyone post "i think savage insulated Art Bell"

Top-notch if that was a "JC" reference.

Nobody

Quote from: Echo on February 10, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
I believe it's a frivolous lawsuit too. In 2015 Art clearly stated he was hanging it up for good. 

(screen capture from Artbell.com

Quote from: Art Bell on February 07, 2017, 10:54:59 PM
This crap lives on the Internet forever.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the part of the court transcript where a lawyer tries to explain that one away.

whoozit

Perhaps Mr. Savage could counter sue for the abuse of capitalization.

MV/Liberace!

If BellGab.com ends up in being mentioned in court... free Turbo Mode for all!!1

Jackstar

Quote from: Nobody on February 10, 2017, 03:03:51 AM
the minutiae of Art Bell's life

Quote from: Nobody on February 10, 2017, 03:03:51 AM
those who are interested in the current status of the Art Bell/Michael Savage suit, but who aren't interested in having to plow through the minutiae of Art Bell's life

Savages.

Quote from: Σ> on February 10, 2017, 05:43:55 PM
If BellGab.com ends up in being mentioned in court... free Turbo Mode for all!!1

That would be awesome.  Hell, I'd settle for Art calling into Bill Handel's show one week.   Handel would straighten him out.

Ciardelo

Woo Hoo! That almost makes all the degenerate faggotry worth it!

Pretty sure most of us on here would have testimony that benefits Weiner.

All Hail "SAGE" Sigma.    :)

Quote from: Echo on February 10, 2017, 08:43:39 AM
I doubt Savages listeners knew who he was talking about. Did anyone post "i think savage insulated  insulted (or 'insultated - if you are JC,) Art Bell" on here, back when it happened on Savage radio show?

Before the lawsuit was filed, i never heard a thing about it. Guess that shows how much the internet cared.
He insulated Art from what ? ??? I hope he used Owens Corning.  ;)     ;D

Lilith

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on February 11, 2017, 12:56:37 AM

The rumors I heard said Tin Foil.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on February 11, 2017, 06:25:33 AM
The rumors I heard said Tin Foil.

If people had just got with my idea for wearable Faraday cage clothing Art could be wearing a very comfortable and stylish jogging suit and toque right now.  ;)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 11, 2017, 06:29:38 AM
If people had just got with my idea for wearable Faraday cage clothing Art could be wearing a very comfortable and stylish jogging suit and toque right now.  ;)

Manhands.

yumyumtree

Good Heavens, I knew nothing about this. This is a good example of why bellab is such an indispensable resource. Thank you.

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on February 11, 2017, 12:56:37 AM

The Pink Panther died of mesothelioma.

comaphobe

turbo mode..... i think that's when judas priest ditched their beer rock roots and went all out speedmetal while moving forward into middle age.

Nobody

Quote from: comaphobe on February 13, 2017, 02:44:10 AM
turbo mode..... i think that's when judas priest ditched their beer rock roots and went all out speedmetal while moving forward into middle age.

I thought Turbo Mode had something to do with cucumber sandwiches.

Lilith

Quote from: Nobody on February 13, 2017, 03:28:51 AM
I thought Turbo Mode had something to do with cucumber sandwiches.

Well, I do have turbo mode for life, and I do like cucumber sandwiches.  so there's that.

Nobody

Quote from: ItsOver on February 13, 2017, 10:47:21 AM
That reminds me.  Savage with his Hellcat.  Take that Bell.

Yes, but what about Michael Savage's taste in shoes?

Admit it: Savage's sports car pales when compared to Art Bell's stylish, trend-setting footwear (and before you ask, yes, that is real Velcro).

yumyumtree

I have long suspended that Savage is, from time to time, half in the bag when he does his show. This business with the Bells sounds like one of those times. I always suspected that this was the origin of the now-famous autism rant.

BTW, Keith Olbermann is back in the news. Does anybody know the origin of Savage's weird claim that Olbermann urinates,on the floor behind his desk?

paladin1991

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 12, 2017, 01:06:46 AM
I have long suspended that Savage is, from time to time, half in the bag when he does his show. This business with the Bells sounds like one of those times. I always suspected that this was the origin of the now-famous autism rant.

BTW, Keith Olbermann is back in the news. Does anybody know the origin of Savage's weird claim that Olbermann urinates,on the floor behind his desk?

Jewish rivalry.  And before you ask, yes, I think Jackstar will back me up on this.

Echo

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/163349/settlement-reached-in-art-and-airyn-bell-s-defamat

A notice of settlement has been filed in ART BELL and his wife AIRYN RUIZ BELL's defamation lawsuit against syndicated talker MICHAEL SAVAGE, WESTWOOD ONE, and CUMULUS for defamation, invasion of privacy, and intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress. 

The notice was filed on FEBRUARY 27th and approved by Judge JEFFREY S. WHITE last THURSDAY (3/2) in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CALIFORNIA, with no details revealed.  The order also vacates a scheduled hearing date of APRIL 28th and a case management conference date of MARCH 10th, giving the parties time to finalize the settlement.