• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Quote from: albrecht on December 10, 2016, 12:22:27 PM
Hilarious comment on that guy's blog regarding the guest:
"
Only Me
8/26/2015 05:37:56 am

So, let me get this straight. After stating in an interview on KFAI Radio he won't work with academics because they try to "baffle him with bullshit" and are closed to new facts, he demands they explain why he's full of shit. Later, in an appearance on the Jimmy Church radio program, he says about his ossuary discovery, “It will eliminate a lot of the skeptics’ arguments...I want to pack it up some people’s rear ends.”

Now, on his own blog, he calls his own work "speculative research".

speculative
adj.- characterized by speculation; based on guessing or unfounded opinions (Wiktionary.org)

Congratulations, Scott. You finally admitted the truth."

I thought this guest was full of shit.  I turned it off in the middle of his interview.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 10, 2016, 01:00:41 AM
The guest obviously has no clue about the Bible. While Jesus was called a "rabbi" at times, he never under the tutalige of another rabbi, which is how you became a rabbi in the first place.
Yes.  'Rabbi' means 'teacher'.  It just means that whoever calls you that recognizes you as an authority.  The term also does not have to specifically apply to a religious scholar.   

Morgus

Dave's second guest last night didn't even get to his scheduled topic (Shroud of Turin) until the last 15min of the show, leaving no time for any callers for him... :o

zeebo

Two nites in a row, both guests discussing religious/biblical topics.  It's almost like George is letting Dave get them all out of the way before Christmas, so all he has to talk about is "It's a Wonderful Life".   :D

CornyCrow

Quote from: zeebo on December 10, 2016, 08:17:09 PM
Two nites in a row, both guests discussing religious/biblical topics.  It's almost like George is letting Dave get them all out of the way before Christmas, so all he has to talk about is "It's a Wonderful Life".   :D
Yes.  I rarely listen when it is a 'Jesus' topic - although I do enjoy Christmas. 

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Morgus on December 10, 2016, 05:14:20 PM
Dave's second guest last night didn't even get to his scheduled topic (Shroud of Turin) until the last 15min of the show, leaving no time for any callers for him... :o
If I remember correctly, Dave's show on Friday also didn't include Open Lines. I thought "Friday Open Lines" was supposed to be as sacred as the Shroud of Turin! :)

Morgus

The topics on c2c the last couple of nights kinda reminded me of the old Ian Punnett days...

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Morgus on December 11, 2016, 05:01:59 PM
The topics on c2c the last couple of nights kinda reminded me of the old Ian Punnett days...

Yes, Ian's academic background and vocation kept Elkington honest during his multiple appearances on the topic of the Codices.  Those were some of my favorite C2C shows Ian hosted, although I must admit to still being somewhat skeptical regarding Elkington's claims.  Last night he spoke a couple times about the authenticity of the Codices after their review by various experts and having under gone "scientific analysis".  Brought to mind the former CIA film expert Bell had on his program who said uneqivocally the "Alien Autopsy" film was made at the time claimed by those who offered it and it was not possible to fake.  Similarly, I remember Mark Hofmann completely fooling the LDS Church and several internationally respected historical document experts/analysis labratories with forged Church documents allegedly from the early 1800s.  Hofmann made the documents in his own kitchen. 

Juan Cena

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 11, 2016, 06:09:58 PM
Yes, Ian's academic background and vocation kept Elkington honest during his multiple appearances on the topic of the Codices.  Those were some of my favorite C2C shows Ian hosted, although I must admit to still being somewhat skeptical regarding Elkington's claims.  Last night he spoke a couple times about the authenticity of the Codices after their review by various experts and having under gone "scientific analysis".  Brought to mind the former CIA film expert Bell had on his program who said uneqivocally the "Alien Autopsy" film was made at the time claimed by those who offered it and it was not possible to fake.  Similarly, I remember Mark Hofmann completely fooling the LDS Church and several internationally respected historical document experts/analysis labratories with forged Church documents allegedly from the early 1800s.  Hofmann made the documents in his own kitchen.

Did he also make the bombs he used to kill a couple of people in his kitchen as well?

Really interesting story back when it happened.
That was quite an interesting story back when it happened.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 13, 2016, 12:52:07 AM
Did he also make the bombs he used to kill a couple of people in his kitchen as well?

Really interesting story back when it happened.
That was quite an interesting story back when it happened.

Yes, he made the bombs as well, but he was a better forger/counterfeiter than bomb maker. 

For those unfamiliar with Hofmann and his exploits, I recommend the book "The Mormon Murders" by Naifeh and Smith.  I was spending a fair amount of time in Utah at Hill AFB near the end of his trial and was fascinated with his ability to produce fake documents and so easily fool church officials and their experts.  More disturbing, however, was the reluctance on the part of some of the local media to tell the Hofmann/LDS story for fear of pissing off the LDS church, and possibly damaging the theological validity of the faith.  This story comes to mind whenever I hear UFO types claim disclosure would damage, if not destroy organized religions.  No aliens here, but does show the lengths to which a religion might go to protect its theology and dogma.

Not sure the authors are still alive, but they would make great guests for a Knapp true crime radio show, or even for a paranornal show to discuss the relative ease with which "experts" can he fooled or even the impact of theological damaging evidence on a religion.

Sounds like darkness radio might be done at Iheart. Schrader mentioned on last live show they might have to change the way the show is distributed. If darkness leaves Iheart I wonder if Scharader will leave C2C. I'd DMRN has any shot of getting Schrader OR Tim dennis they should jump all over it.

trostol

Quote from: nooryisawesome is a lowlife on January 11, 2017, 01:16:45 AM
Sounds like darkness radio might be done at Iheart. Schrader mentioned on last live show they might have to change the way the show is distributed. If darkness leaves Iheart I wonder if Scharader will leave C2C. I'd DMRN has any shot of getting Schrader OR Tim dennis they should jump all over it.

David Schrader · Nooooo? What? YESSSS! We live on with PodcastOne.com Darkness Radio Presents: BEYOND the DARKNESS

https://www.facebook.com/DarknessRadioDave/videos/10154964825364626/

trostol

sorry..no idea how to make that smaller lol

her also said this in a reply

David Schrader · Nooooo? What? YESSSS! We live on with PodcastOne.com Darkness Radio Presents: BEYOND the DARKNESS

Thanks for posting, tros.  I guess KTLK want to go all politics all of the time. I guess this probably means the end of his affiliation with Coast though I don't see why he could not continue it.  The other guest hosts don't really have Ihate contracts, do they?

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 11, 2017, 05:54:49 PM
Thanks for posting, tros.  I guess KTLK want to go all politics all of the time. I guess this probably means the end of his affiliation with Coast though I don't see why he could not continue it.  The other guest hosts don't really have Ihate contracts, do they?
Because clearly there is a dearth of political talk-radio about there.  :o

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2017, 06:00:35 PM
Because clearly there is a dearth of political talk-radio about there.  :o

lol

I wonder if they will be able to get some better guests on the new network   It seemed like they were having trouble lining up intriguing guests the last year or so.  Lately there haven't been many good guests with stories to tell about hauntings and such.  I really enjoy hearing the shows where members of a family come on and relate their particular story.  I'm not so big on the paranormal experts that come on these shows to advance their theories.  It is fine if they have an interesting story to tell but the theorizing gets a bit old.  I've heard them all.

Juan

If they're working for Ihate, they've got a contract.

Quote from: Juan on January 11, 2017, 06:22:38 PM

Well of course they have some kind of contract to do fill-in work for Coast but do they have contracts outside of Coast?

Quote from: Juan on January 11, 2017, 06:22:38 PM

Schrader on the video said he ended his relations with Iheart. He is just using podcastone because they are willing to host it. I think he is looking for another radio home for darkness.

I'd also like to point out Schrader thanks even his haters for listening. Something Art used to do in the 90's. Noorie should be thankful too because at least someone is talking about C2C, which is the smoldering remains of what it used to be. Instead it's tirades about rat eaters from Jorch.

Quote from: nooryisawesome is a lowlife on January 11, 2017, 07:42:00 PM
Schrader on the video said he ended his relations with Iheart. He is just using podcastone because they are willing to host it. I think he is looking for another radio home for darkness.

He should get with Cumulus.  See what they may be able to offer.  Really both of them know how to conduct interviews unlike Jorch.

Dateline

Reading this makes me bittersweet for good Dave.  I really, really enjoyed his hosting on Coast, and he is only one along with Richard Syrett and George Knapp, I will even turn the the show on for.  It reads like now he will not be not performing those duties again.

He is talented.  What this event shows, is that no one knows when the road will take an unexpected detour.  I agree he should check with Cumulus.  Although, Podcast One is a good answer, I would like to hear him on the radio, live, again.  Perhaps he could go into syndication.

Hey Iheart, here is a permanent host for you that will not infomercial the show for you.  Game on.

Quote from: Dateline on January 14, 2017, 12:10:45 PM
Reading this makes me bittersweet for good Dave.  I really, really enjoyed his hosting on Coast, and he is only one along with Richard Syrett and George Knapp, I will even turn the the show on for.  It reads like now he will not be not performing those duties again.

He is talented.  What this event shows, is that no one knows when the road will take an unexpected detour.  I agree he should check with Cumulus.  Although, Podcast One is a good answer, I would like to hear him on the radio, live, again.  Perhaps he could go into syndication.

Hey Iheart, here is a permanent host for you that will not infomercial the show for you.  Game on.

Iheart should just give C2C. Noory is almost as old as Art and is more committed into making it an infomercial than a radio show.

bateman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 11:23:54 PM
He should get with Cumulus.  See what they may be able to offer.  Really both of them know how to conduct interviews unlike Jorch.

Levin and Batchelor are locked in during any hours that would make sense for Schrader.

Quote from: justman on January 14, 2017, 01:39:08 PM
Levin and Batchelor are locked in during any hours that would make sense for Schrader.

Darn, I forgot about Batchelor.  He's good though I don't really listen.

Dave Schrader is still with Coast to Coast.  He is doing the Friday and Saturday shows this weekend!  Yeah!!!! ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 25, 2017, 02:18:42 AM
Dave Schrader is still with Coast to Coast.  He is doing the Friday and Saturday shows this weekend!  Yeah!!!! ;D
Excellent!  I'll have to remember that.  Thank you, 21st! ;)

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 25, 2017, 02:22:01 AM
Excellent!  I'll have to remember that.  Thank you, 21st! ;)

If you can get a chance, check out his new regular gig on podcastone.  I just heard him promoing his Coast gig listening to a show from this week.

http://podcastone.com/beyond-the-darkness

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 25, 2017, 02:30:50 AM
If you can get a chance, check out his new regular gig on podcastone.  I just heard him promoing his Coast gig listening to a show from this week.

http://podcastone.com/beyond-the-darkness

Thanks. I see he just had a show with Steph Young. She has been making the rounds lately, but I love her voice. Must be an ASMR thing.