• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: vipjon on March 06, 2018, 06:32:40 AM
I have the Paranormal Radio app. There are like 5 or 6 all Art Bell stations then some other paranormal ones and 2 Ghost Box stations one US one UK. There were 2 other apps i had but the Paranormal Radio app had the most Bell!

One of the stations plays back old Bell shows with a very odd trumpeting noise added to the audio.  Very structured, very steady, obviously added on purpose.  You can still hear the show, but damned annoying.  Only thing I could think off is in might have been added to some how address potential legal challenges associated with rebroadcasting pirated, copyright protected material.

vipjon

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 06, 2018, 07:04:46 AM
You should listen to the BellPhiles. There are only 10 episodes but Curtis and Jazmunda did a decent job covering some of Art’s old shows.

Ill have to check that out thanks! And i noticed that Duke one of the stations has some sort of feedback or buzz and sometimes one of the stations gets stuck like a broken record.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 06, 2018, 07:47:10 AM
One of the stations plays back old Bell shows with a very odd trumpeting noise added to the audio.  Very structured, very steady, obviously added on purpose.  You can still hear the show, but damned annoying.  Only thing I could think off is in might have been added to some how address potential legal challenges associated with rebroadcasting pirated, copyright protected material.

It's just some dick who doesn't want anyone recording his precious Art Bell broadcasts.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: mv on March 07, 2018, 02:18:01 AM
It's just some dick who doesn't want anyone recording his precious Art Bell broadcasts.

If someone was willing to listen to the show with the added noise, why wouldn't they be willing to record the show with the added noise to listen to later?

I thought it was similar to what some people do when downloading copyrighted programs on YouTube.  The actual program image is reduced to about half the viewing field with the rest of the field behind the program showing some inane image.  (See example below.)  I read doubt this did not violate copyrights.

https://youtu.be/kYIW76japkQ

Gd5150

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 06, 2018, 07:47:10 AM

Someone should upload old shows with noory and vuvuzela’s playing in back.

https://youtu.be/QtNaQIMgES8

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 07, 2018, 09:17:46 AM
If someone was willing to listen to the show with the added noise, why wouldn't they be willing to record the show with the added noise to listen to later?

I thought it was similar to what some people do when downloading copyrighted programs on YouTube.  The actual program image is reduced to about half the viewing field with the rest of the field behind the program showing some inane image.  (See example below.)  I read doubt this did not violate copyrights.

That is annoying. Some people seem to upload the shows in reverse (not backwards but like looking at the negative image.) Not sure how they accomplish that but I think some attempt to be 'legal?' Or to avoid automatic 'take downs?' I've also heard some airchair lawyers claim showing a copy of something you recorded with your camera/phone is legal. (Like taking a movie of what is playing on tv.) I doubt it but who knows? All I know is Major League Baseball claims I cannot even discuss the game as all rights are reserved.  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 07, 2018, 09:17:46 AM

when they do that with videos on youtube, they're attempting to "defeat" yt's automated copyright detection system by deviating their uploaded video from the signatures yt uses to detect that sort of thing.  the signatures cover both video and audio, which is why they'll also sometimes speed/slow the audio or introduce a flanging effect in an attempt to deviate the audio waveform from yt's audio signatures.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: mv on March 08, 2018, 06:22:47 AM
when they do that with videos on youtube, they're attempting to "defeat" yt's automated copyright detection system by deviating their uploaded video from the signatures yt uses to detect that sort of thing.  the signatures cover both video and audio, which is why they'll also sometimes speed/slow the audio or introduce a flanging effect in an attempt to deviate the audio waveform from yt's audio signatures.

So it's to, in effect, defeats copyrights rather than comply with them.  OK, that makes sense to me.  I must have misunderstood what I read before.  Thanks for the explanation, Michael.

Lord Grantham

I saw last night that the Nye County Sheriff's Department is one of the featured agencies on A&E's Live PD.

How long before THE STALKERâ,,¢ tries to get a live national TV audience?

ShayP

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 07, 2018, 11:20:30 AM
Someone should upload old shows with noory and vuvuzela’s playing in back.

https://youtu.be/QtNaQIMgES8

LOL! This would please me.

ge30542

Ten minutes in to my very first ever viewing of The Day After Tomorrow.
The opening credits did not mention Art or Whit, story and screenplay by Roland Emmerich.

Art back yet?  How will I know when Daylight Savings Time is here without him whining about it?

Lord Grantham

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 11, 2018, 12:57:18 AM
Art back yet?  How will I know when Daylight Savings Time is here without him whining about it?

When you have a Doc Brown-esque wall of clocks what else can you do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3isQI0nXQRE

albrecht

Quote from: ge30542 on March 10, 2018, 10:30:01 PM
Ten minutes in to my very first ever viewing of The Day After Tomorrow.
The opening credits did not mention Art or Whit, story and screenplay by Roland Emmerich.
""The Coming Global Superstorm", a non-fiction novel by Art Bell and Whitley Strieber, was used for reference."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319262/?ref_=nv_sr_1

ItsOver

Quote from: Scirocco Night on March 11, 2018, 11:19:24 AM
Come back, Art.
There's still "Somewhere in Time" on some stations, every Saturday night. 

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/somewhere-in-time-shows

Last night was Bell with Brendan Cook & Barbara McBeath from the Ghost Investigators Society and EVPs.  Still pretty creepy to hear those things in the dark of the night, especially with Barbara.  She appeared pretty disturbed by some of their recordings.

Darth Vader

Is art still alive? Is he hiding from the stalker in falkie's apartment? Is there any art bell news?

ItsOver

Quote from: Darth Vader on March 11, 2018, 12:52:56 PM
Is art still alive? Is he hiding from the stalker in falkie's apartment? Is there any art bell news?
Not much news.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell66?ref=br_rs

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on March 11, 2018, 01:08:11 PM
Not much news.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell66?ref=br_rs

Daddy please come back.  You have been gone so long.  It's no fair that you treat us like red headed step children.  Is this the way that you treat your children?  You just ignore us?

ninjashoes

I am pretty sure Art is under some type of spiritual oppression.

He has an unusual amount of negative bullcrap that constantly circles him.

I have experienced this myself and so have many of you, believers and non believers alike.

This isn't me making excuses for Arts bad business decisions, those are his alone. I'm talking about the long string of odd accusations and weird crap that has happened to Art beyond his control.

It is because of what he did with the Coast to Coast program and how he created an army of individuals "in the know" simply by sustaining the intellectual truth seeking program known as Coast to Coast.

For every chess move the good side makes, the dark side will counter. This is where George comes in.

Jackstar

Quote from: ninjashoes on March 12, 2018, 09:33:39 PM
I am pretty sure Art is under some type of spiritual oppression.

Hey mang--Lodge orders is Lodge orders.

Goldfinger

Art wont come back because he has no clue how to make a good conspiracy show in the current meta where you can look up and debunk anything with a quick internet search before the next bumpermusic starts.
It worked in the 90's when the Internet was still fresh, but you can't do the same type of show anymore.
I don't know how to make it work either, but I haven't invested much thought.
I just know one thing - you can't have a female host. It's obnoxious to listen to and whamen belong in the kitchen and the bed, not behind a microphone - ok I know one exception to the rule, but it's not Heather, it's the girl from RED ICE radio, she's great. Lana Lokteff

meh, he could at least do a show a month as guest host somewhere, or make a podcast or something, but probably that's below him in his mind.
Hey Art, why don't you make a podcast on this site: https://therightstuff.biz/ lots of listeners there, and they have conspiracy stuff "The Paranormies" too.
Art should have teamed up with Alex Jones and made a weekly show (or more if he can). Just need to overcome your animosity towards AJ. He's pretty fun guy, I'm sure.

Lunger

Quote from: Goldfinger on March 13, 2018, 03:58:13 AM
Art wont come back because he has no clue how to make a good conspiracy show in the current meta where you can look up and debunk anything with a quick internet search before the next bumpermusic starts.
It worked in the 90's when the Internet was still fresh, but you can't do the same type of show anymore.
I don't know how to make it work either, but I haven't invested much thought.
I just know one thing - you can't have a female host. It's obnoxious to listen to and whamen belong in the kitchen and the bed, not behind a microphone - ok I know one exception to the rule, but it's not Heather, it's the girl from RED ICE radio, she's great. Lana Lokteff

meh, he could at least do a show a month as guest host somewhere, or make a podcast or something, but probably that's below him in his mind.
Hey Art, why don't you make a podcast on this site: https://therightstuff.biz/ lots of listeners there, and they have conspiracy stuff "The Paranormies" too.
Art should have teamed up with Alex Jones and made a weekly show (or more if he can). Just need to overcome your animosity towards AJ. He's pretty fun guy, I'm sure.

Art isn't coming back because all that stuff he supported and promoted has been proven false over time.

Dames, Scallion, Morton, The Quickening, Global Warming, Strieber, Mel's Hole, Paglini, Y2K, Hale-Bopp, Hopi Elders, ....Damn!  The list of bullshit just goes on and on.  Art was like the Energizer Bunny of para-crap.

Its entertaining but when you keep hearing from Art about the impressive 'Hit Rate' from the likes of Dames, Scallion or Morton.....and all the rest.  At some point you have to pay the piper.  Zero is not impressive and neither is Art's credibility.  In the end Art did a disservice to the genre and his listeners by fanning the flames of every pile of smoldering bullshit out there.

Edit:  If you listen to open lines you can get a sense of the caliber of people who are more than willing to buy into Art's particular line of crap.  These people don't have the capability to see C2C as entertainment but as the Gospel truth.  If anyone could claim responsibility for 'The Quickening' it would be Art himself.

TigerLily

Quote from: Lunger on March 13, 2018, 06:44:09 AM

Its entertaining

For me the only relevant issue. Listening to Art is like reading great Fantasy. It's more fun if you suspend disbelief. What? LOTR sucked because Hobbits aren't real?  I doubt most listeners believed the b.s.  They just wanted to take a ride

ItsOver

Quote from: Goldfinger on March 13, 2018, 03:58:13 AM

...I just know one thing - you can't have a female host. It's obnoxious to listen to and whamen belong in the kitchen and the bed, not behind a microphone - ok I know one exception to the rule, but it's not Heather, it's the girl from RED ICE radio, she's great. Lana Lokteff...

Don't forget LMH.  She's great when she takes over C2C as a host, once a month, by default, while Jorch sleeps on the job, more so than usual. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on March 13, 2018, 06:56:39 AM
For me the only relevant issue. Listening to Art is like reading great Fantasy. It's more fun if you suspend disbelief. What? LOTR sucked because Hobbits aren't real?  I doubt most listeners believed the b.s.  They just wanted to take a ride
Yep.  Nightime entertainment, extraordinaire.

Goldfinger

Quote from: ItsOver on March 13, 2018, 11:25:55 AM
Don't forget LMH.  She's great when she takes over C2C as a host, once a month, by default, while Jorch sleeps on the job, more so than usual. ;)

what? I always thought LMH is just a text-to-speech robot voice talking

ItsOver

Quote from: Goldfinger on March 13, 2018, 11:37:04 AM
STILL better than a Noory or Redacted broadcasting.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Goldfinger on March 13, 2018, 11:37:04 AM

I think you're confusing her with Amy...but she's not really software either.  ;)

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Darth Vader on March 11, 2018, 12:52:56 PM
Is Art still alive? Is he hiding from the stalker in Falkie's apartment? Is there any Art Bell news?

Art who ?