• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

pretty pix

Started by Robert, February 18, 2018, 03:45:59 PM

Robert

I've just got to say I'm really taken by the avatars here -- even mine; I usually just take the default but was inspired by the rest here.  They're so...convincing.  I really think of it them as the leering guy, the squirrel, the winking laughing lady, the handsome guy, the laughing wolf, the gaping man, & all the others writing these things to each other.  And they seem so enthusiastic about it.

Robert

OK, Jackstar looks unhappy.  But the rest are enthusiastic.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on February 18, 2018, 03:45:59 PM
I've just got to say I'm really taken by the avatars here -- even mine; I usually just take the default but was inspired by the rest here.  They're so...convincing.  I really think of it them as the leering guy, the squirrel, the winking laughing lady, the handsome guy, the laughing wolf, the gaping man, & all the others writing these things to each other.  And they seem so enthusiastic about it.
Me too.  Tell us more about yours. 

ksm32

Quote from: Jojo on February 19, 2018, 12:10:37 AM
Me too.  Tell us more about yours.

He has an arm, a bit of a tummy, and a ceramic or stuffed critter on his table.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Jackstar on February 18, 2018, 03:48:44 PM

"You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent."

Robert

Quote from: Jojo on February 19, 2018, 12:10:37 AMMe too.  Tell us more about yours.
I was sitting on a shelf in Macy's Parkchester when I saw the guy whose arm & belly are messing up the shot.  I thought he might be a tolerable companion.  He mostly is, even though he's square & embarrasses me at parties.  I wish he'd learn my quiet reserve, but after so many years, what are the chances?

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on February 19, 2018, 02:15:13 PM
I was sitting on a shelf in Macy's Parkchester when I saw the guy whose arm & belly are messing up the shot.  I thought he might be a tolerable companion.  He mostly is, even though he's square & embarrasses me at parties.  I wish he'd learn my quiet reserve, but after so many years, what are the chances?
I like your cape.  Are you an animal? 

Robert

Quote from: Robert on February 19, 2018, 02:15:13 PMI was sitting on a shelf in Macy's Parkchester when I saw the guy whose arm & belly are messing up the shot.  I thought he might be a tolerable companion.  He mostly is, even though he's square & embarrasses me at parties.  I wish he'd learn my quiet reserve, but after so many years, what are the chances?
Wolfie, have you been using my acc't again?

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on February 20, 2018, 11:03:56 PM
Wolfie, have you been using my acc't again?
Wolfie!  Are you a...  cat?

Jackstar

A thread about pictures, eleven replies, two images are posted, the second is a repost of the first. This forum is hopeless.

Robert

Quote from: Jackstar on February 18, 2018, 03:48:44 PM

I don't know how many times I saw those shots of Mr. O'Quinn in the opening episodes of Lost before I got the Watchmen allusion.  I'd figured a connection to Watchmen from other references in the serial before this simple visual struck me (see about 60% of the way down).  See also http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/teach/GetLost_14.html

Robert

Quote from: Jojo on February 21, 2018, 03:11:58 AMWolfie!  Are you a...  cat?
Wolfie likes cats, but is not one.  If he claims to be one, he probably has a phony union card.

Cats don't seem to reciprocate his interest.  Last summer Boston Blackie ate food off Wolfie's snout, but not from his mouth.  Since then Blackie's moved in next door.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on February 22, 2018, 09:07:11 AM
A thread about pictures, eleven replies, two images are posted, the second is a repost of the first. This forum is hopeless.
Party pooper.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on February 22, 2018, 02:01:43 PM
Wolfie likes cats, but is not one.  If he claims to be one, he probably has a phony union card.

Cats don't seem to reciprocate his interest.  Last summer Boston Blackie ate food off Wolfie's snout, but not from his mouth.  Since then Blackie's moved in next door.
Well it might be traitorous of me, as a cat, but Wolfie seems quite special!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on February 23, 2018, 04:07:14 AM
Well it might be traitorous of me, as a cat, but Wolfie seems quite special furry!

FIFY

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 23, 2018, 04:08:51 AM
FIFY
Did you look at him?  Is he really furry?  He seems smooth and painted?  He always reminds me of a comfort doll in front of someone who is preparing to have their blood pressure taken.  In a very clean facility.

What do other people think Wolfie is up to in the picture?

Robert

Quote from: Jojo on February 23, 2018, 04:29:44 PMDid you look at him?  Is he really furry?  He seems smooth and painted?
He's lucky he's not completely bald after all this time.  After the lady next door wouldn't let her graddaughter play with the dirty old wolf, I shampooed him with Woolite carpet & upholstery cleaner.

He was semi-retired & getting moldy (I supposed) in the toy chest until our friend David Lindelof trotted out the role-playing Steve Jackson game Toon for us to play at Cedar Tavern's roof garden.  I rolled up a wolf character based on him (loosely) and the following week brought him for "color".  Friends took such a liking to him that David wound up getting me a Wolfgang hand puppet.  (Strangely, after decades of absence at my cousin's, his double recently returned courtesy of a friend -- long story -- and a Wolfgang is now posing with Wolfie something like your 2 cats.)  So Wolfie started getting crashing our parties, but was well received there.  Then one day, probably because of those years in the toy chest having altered his balance, he pitched over on his snout in front of Nadine, who deduced that he had a drinking problem.  Since then he's been known as a heavy drinker.  But don't give him food, he's stuffed.

Robert

For those who were wondering what I meant by the Watchmen allusion:

They couldn't make Mr.O'Quinn's entire face yellow, so the orange in the mouth was the best they could do.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on February 23, 2018, 07:47:50 PM
He's lucky he's not completely bald after all this time.  After the lady next door wouldn't let her graddaughter play with the dirty old wolf, I shampooed him with Woolite carpet & upholstery cleaner.

He was semi-retired & getting moldy (I supposed) in the toy chest until our friend David Lindelof trotted out the role-playing Steve Jackson game Toon for us to play at Cedar Tavern's roof garden.  I rolled up a wolf character based on him (loosely) and the following week brought him for "color".  Friends took such a liking to him that David wound up getting me a Wolfgang hand puppet.  (Strangely, after decades of absence at my cousin's, his double recently returned courtesy of a friend -- long story -- and a Wolfgang is now posing with Wolfie something like your 2 cats.)  So Wolfie started getting crashing our parties, but was well received there.  Then one day, probably because of those years in the toy chest having altered his balance, he pitched over on his snout in front of Nadine, who deduced that he had a drinking problem.  Since then he's been known as a heavy drinker.  But don't give him food, he's stuffed.
Well I'm glad a friend showed up for him!  Hopefully to keep him out of too much trouble.