• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on September 24, 2016, 03:25:01 AM
It's Sep. 24 and I just saw "Countdown to Christmas" on one of those stupid shopping channels.  That's a full three-months lead time now.  That's enough, I've had it, I'm boycotting the whole unseemly production this year.

He's gotten out of control! I hear talk he's trying to make it a year round thing now. We've gotta take him out. This is the year that fat, red fuck goes down!  >:(

It's Sep. 24 and I just saw "Countdown to Christmas" on one of those stupid shopping channels.  That's a full three-months lead time now.  That's enough, I've had it, I'm boycotting the whole unseemly production this year.

All summer I've been seeing tv advertisements for Christmas decorations. I'm not talking about getting into Christmas in July fun, although they did step things up then. Full out prepping for a December Christmas campaign. In fact, I think it started back in March. Insane! Not just that but Christmas movies airing any old time of year. That doesn't bother me as much but it does ruin it for trying to get into the spirit at the appropriate time of year.

ItsOver

I noticed the first Halloween store pop-up on August 1st.  I chuckled but then it made feel good that at least cooler weather was within reach.  I believe squirrel season is almost year round now.

albrecht

Again, I post, watching games and BG and mosquitoes in my house! Dang this El Nino. I've bleached all unused bathrooms, showers, and sinks. Taken out plants. Observed no leaks or unsecured windows or damp areas. And only a few, that are easy to kill but usually only after noticed in the corner of one's eye or after bitten. I'm getting Zika, Denuge, Malaria, and who knows what else? And I have no access to DDT etc (oh how I wish I kept the various chemicals in my old granddad's garage when he died.) I'm guessing from my mulched beds (thank you trees and plants for me trying to help you) that are water-logged. I think I need to make a Euro-style or Euro-bank style chamber, secure airlock, so one opens an door, is locked in, confirmed not a threat, and then next door unlocked. To get rid of them. Considering also shutting off water except to essential facilities so no guest or powder-bath has access to water standing in gas traps.

Quote from: ItsOver on September 24, 2016, 07:02:01 AM
I noticed the first Halloween store pop-up on August 1st.  I chuckled but then it made feel good that at least cooler weather was within reach.  I believe squirrel season is almost year round now.

You know what that means, don't you? Stale Halloween candy!

TigerLily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeSjt7cqq-k

These rumors have been circulating for a while, guess they were true. If you use Yahoo mail, read this article Massive Yahoo Security Breach
and...
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN27925.html?impressions=true

Edit: The first article mentions these credentials are being sold on the darknet. Confirmed.

mikuthing01

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 25, 2016, 05:55:34 PM
These rumors have been circulating for a while, guess they were true. If you use Yahoo mail, read this article Massive Yahoo Security Breach
and...
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN27925.html?impressions=true

I kept avoiding changing my password because i know if i change it i wont remember it but i finally did it, i fucking hate yahoo

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 25, 2016, 06:21:43 PM
I kept avoiding changing my password because i know if i change it i wont remember it but i finally did it, i fucking hate yahoo
One of the reasons I dropped the first link in my post is because it contains a service provider worth checking out . ;)

mikuthing01

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 25, 2016, 06:23:49 PM
One of the reasons I dropped the first link in my post is because it contains a service provider worth checking out . ;)

Well now i have a ProtonMail account is there some way to forward all my old email to my new email address?

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 25, 2016, 06:33:00 PM
Well now i have a ProtonMail account is there some way to forward all my old email to my new email address?
I never checked out the import function.
Do you use Thunderbird ? That will import and download all your email from multiple accounts. ProtonMail also has a 500MB limit on storage unless you upgrade to a paid account. If you use Thunderbird, you can set it up to delete the emails from the Protonmail server after you download them. They get stored on the local device you're running T-Bird from.

mikuthing01

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 25, 2016, 06:45:27 PM
I never checked out the import function.
Do you use Thunderbird ? That will import and download all your email from multiple accounts. ProtonMail also has a 500MB limit on storage unless you upgrade to a paid account. If you use Thunderbird, you can set it up to delete the emails from the Protonmail server after you download them. They get stored on the local device you're running T-Bird from.

No, i run Firefox which sucks but i been using it so long i don't want to change. I also have Pale Moon and Chromodo though i hardly use them so i guess i could just add Thunderbird to the list lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 25, 2016, 06:52:59 PM
No, i run Firefox which sucks but i been using it so long i don't want to change. I also have Pale Moon and Chromodo though i hardly use them so i guess i could just add Thunderbird to the list lol

Thunderbird is not a browser like Firefox. It is a stand alone open source email management suite maintained by mozilla. It compliments Firefox. Doesn't replace it.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 25, 2016, 06:52:59 PM
Beat me to it Gravity. :)

What the hell is this Goddamn bullshit? No, no and no. I am not changing my zodiac sign. Fuck this shit.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/nasa-changed-all-the-astrological-signs-and-im-a-crab-now/

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 26, 2016, 07:40:43 PM
What the hell is this Goddamn bullshit? No, no and no. I am not changing my zodiac sign. Fuck this shit.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/nasa-changed-all-the-astrological-signs-and-im-a-crab-now/

"and I'm a crab now"

hahahahahahahahaha

BobGrau

Note to morons: when I'm staring happily at a book in a moment of down-time, it means leave me the fuck alone.

#Betternotsayittoherface

Hautex

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2016, 03:34:46 AM
He's gotten out of control! I hear talk he's trying to make it a year round thing now. We've gotta take him out. This is the year that fat, red fuck goes down!  >:(
Only 480 days until next Christmas, shop early and often.....

GravitySucks

8 years in the Air Force and 32 years working mainly as a government contractor and evidently I do not have a roll of scotch tape in my house.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Imconfused on June 24, 2016, 05:44:57 PM
Annotations all over youtube videos.  Why does everybody insists on putting their crap all over and "explaining" the video.  STFU and let me make up my own mind.  I'm sick and tired having to constantly turn it off.

There,  I feel better now.

There's a chrome extension which disables annotations.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 27, 2016, 11:29:42 PM
I was just getting used to the holocaust never happening and now The Beatles never existed? Fuck!

heh heh

zeebo

Blinking lights on electronics.  Don't blink on me unless you're about to blow up, otherwise just relax.

Lights on fans. If you pay for a high quality fan, there is always a light on it. Shitty fans typically don't.  You're shit out of luck if you want a high quality fan with no light on it.  Really, I don't want a fucking nightlight on in my room while I'm trying to sleep.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 01, 2016, 11:33:48 PM
8 years in the Air Force and 32 years working mainly as a government contractor and evidently I do not have a roll of scotch tape in my house.
Yeah, but do you have a server in the house with C paragraphs?

The General

I got a lot of catching up to do in this thread....

Grown men who still ride skateboards.
The Beach Boys.
Mike Love of the Beach Boys.
People who dress like it's Halloween because they listen to 'edgy' music.
That spider that bit me last week.
People who tune their guitars to drop C.
'Cosplay'
Neil Young.

zeebo

Quote from: The General on October 04, 2016, 02:22:14 PM
Grown men who still ride skateboards.

Extra points for wearing a cap backwards, and double extra points if worn sideways.

pate

Throughout cram essence Sirius bees knees.

onan

Christmas 90+ days out... I thought you guys were all about capitalism.

I do agree however, Christmas has become nothing more than a vehicle for selling whatever makes a profit. Does anyone still put a carton of cigarettes in the stockings over the fireplace?

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on October 08, 2016, 06:56:12 PM

I do agree however, Christmas has become nothing more than a vehicle for selling whatever makes a profit. Does anyone still put a carton of cigarettes in the stockings over the fireplace?
I quit smoking, for the most part.

Hi, Onan! ;D

Quote from: onan on October 08, 2016, 06:56:12 PM

Nope. Never have received nor given. Besides, I hate cigarettes. But Christmas stockings are pretty cool. Part of my past though. For better or worse, life is more simple now.