• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Mad Hatter

For our international readers:  In my previous post I stated the Walmart employees weighed at least 350 lbs.  That would be 158.75 kilograms or 0.8 Falkies.

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on August 09, 2016, 05:37:11 PM
It's a clique thing. It's nothing to ever concern yourself with.
Cliques.  Cliques are anal.

ItsOver

"Is Hayden a Boy or Girl? Both. ‘Post-Gender’ Baby Names Are on the Rise."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/fashion/gender-neutral-baby-names.html?_r=0

We should just call 'em all "Pussy."

Quote from: Doc on August 19, 2016, 06:37:17 AM
...  They just looked at me, scowled and went back to scanning their Ho Ho's, Twinkies and frozen TV dinners. 

Fucking idiots

That's when you put your game face on, push past them with a clearly insincere 'excuse me' and an 'oops sorry' when the cart rolls into them, and dare them to do something about it. 

3OctaveFart

Was there ever a worse songwriter than Don Henley?

akwilly

Quote from: Meatie Pie on August 20, 2016, 12:12:00 AM
Was there ever a worse songwriter than Don Henley?
yes, Jack Black

Brody

I went outside at 1 am to get something in my truck. I then had a heart attack as my neighbor was crouched down on his knees in the middle of the road, covered in shadows.   I asked him WTF he is doing, but his response was muffled so I scurried back inside to escape death.

Quote from: Brody on August 20, 2016, 03:46:31 AM
I went outside at 1 am to get something in my truck. I then had a heart attack as my neighbor was crouched down on his knees in the middle of the road, covered in shadows.   I asked him WTF he is doing, but his response was muffled so I scurried back inside to escape death.

I saw Art yesterday

The Alcoholic

Quote from: Brody on August 20, 2016, 03:46:31 AM
I KNOW RIGHT! Isn't it sooooo annoying when your neighbors potentially die!

BobGrau

E-readers, footnotes and my own stupid analog-to-the-bitter-end fingertips.

EDIT: yes, I spent all afternoon refining that sentence and looking forward to posting it when I got home.

pate

I thought I jest opened this pack of smokes, huh.

I guess 'twas empty vaporin's.

I am actually way more than annoyed to find out legendary PBS painting instructor, Bob Ross' signature perm was a sham and a source of shame to him. It just gets gets more and more difficult to believe in our beloved cultural icons, because it seems like every week a new one betrays the trust and devotion we selflessly bestow upon them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bob-ross-hair-story_us_57c464e8e4b09cd22d91a77a?section=&;

BobGrau

In the 90's I watched a really interesting documentary about South American geoglyphs hidden in the landscape, for example mountain ridges which, when viewed from a specific angle suddenly revealed themselves to be shapes of condors and stuff like that. What I'm particularly trying to find is a photo of this weird little field system that turned out to be a 2 dimensional wire-frame drawing of a three-dimensional stepped pyramid. It blew my tiny stoned mind and always wanted to find out more about it, and the narrator's whole theory. I keep searching for it online but all i find is bosnian pyramid third-generation conspiracy bullshit, and it's really fucking annoying.

Anyone remember this? It was on british tv back when Channel 4 wasn't completely shit, but it might have been a repackaged american show.

EDIT: apologies if I've moaned about this before.

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2016, 10:46:14 AM
In the 90's I watched a really interesting documentary about South American geoglyphs hidden in the landscape, for example mountain ridges which, when viewed from a specific angle suddenly revealed themselves to be shapes of condors and stuff like that. What I'm particularly trying to find is a photo of this weird little field system that turned out to be a 2 dimensional wire-frame drawing of a three-dimensional stepped pyramid. It blew my tiny stoned mind and always wanted to find out more about it, and the narrator's whole theory. I keep searching for it online but all i find is bosnian pyramid third-generation conspiracy bullshit, and it's really fucking annoying.

Anyone remember this? It was on british tv back when Channel 4 wasn't completely shit, but it might have been a repackaged american show.

EDIT: apologies if I've moaned about this before.

Does this help?

http://www.ancientagenda.com/apps/blog/show/43116538-nazca-lines-decoding

Or maybe this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ueEYsSpjho

BobGrau

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on August 31, 2016, 10:55:01 AM
Does this help?

http://www.ancientagenda.com/apps/blog/show/43116538-nazca-lines-decoding

Thanks, but no, this was not directly related to the nazca lines and the pyramid thing in particular was in a much lusher, greener part of the continent. And it wasn't a matter of pareidolia, it was a documentary about a system of landscape art specifically working with pareidolia to enhance existing features for a sort of shamanic revelation effect. The reason I want to find out more about it is because sometimes I fancy I see examples of the same thing in the landscape here in Scotland.

EDIT: also, to be honest I really can't be arsed wading through anything prefaced with the words 'ancient agenda'. From what I recall this was an entirely respectable piece of anthropology, or at least pop-anthropology. Hope this doesn't sound harsh, it's not meant to be.

Hautex

"LOWER THE BOOM"
Everybody on this site has been, or will be, subjected to the will of inconsiderate idiots who cruise through neighborhoods rattling the peace with booming car stereos. Has anyone been able to get any kind of action by police or community groups to stop this? When I complained, the officer told me to sit on my porch with a video camera and "catch-em in the act". When I asked what good that will do, he shrugged and said it would help me feel better....... I responded by asking how many tickets he has issued in our city for the loud music... his response: silence   Even more pissed, I told him that auto air conditioning is not a right and to do his job with open windows at least half the time he's on duty.... silence..... I requested that signs be put up stating that offenders vehicles can be impounded for investigation if they are sited. His response.....silence  Found this website if you want to stand up for your rights http://lowertheboom.org/index.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

Juan

What the hell are these I MV U ads with real doll heads that appear on this site?

BobGrau

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on September 01, 2016, 07:08:41 AM
"LOWER THE BOOM"
Everybody on this site has been, or will be, subjected to the will of inconsiderate idiots who cruise through neighborhoods rattling the peace with booming car stereos. Has anyone been able to get any kind of action by police or community groups to stop this? When I complained, the officer told me to sit on my porch with a video camera and "catch-em in the act". When I asked what good that will do, he shrugged and said it would help me feel better....... I responded by asking how many tickets he has issued in our city for the loud music... his response: silence   Even more pissed, I told him that auto air conditioning is not a right and to do his job with open windows at least half the time he's on duty.... silence..... I requested that signs be put up stating that offenders vehicles can be impounded for investigation if they are sited. His response.....silence  Found this website if you want to stand up for your rights http://lowertheboom.org/index.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

It always reminds me of the Thumpers they used in Dune to attract sandworms... except where I live it's all 21-year-old boy racers trying to attract 12-year-old girls.

Yorkshire pud

...that these cunts are allowed to breed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-37309111

The quest for a perfect photo to share online - many have valiantly embarked on that journey. But the destruction of an iconic natural landmark, popular with selfie-takers, has led some to question if its social media fame might have made it a target for the vandals.

Kalas tells us that when he confronted the group, the said they said that one of their friends had broken their leg on the rock and they were destroying it so that no one else would get hurt.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: ItsOver on August 19, 2016, 05:40:05 PM
"Is Hayden a Boy or Girl? Both. ‘Post-Gender’ Baby Names Are on the Rise."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/fashion/gender-neutral-baby-names.html?_r=0

We should just call 'em all "Pussy."

So parents have decided that the answer to gender confusion is more gender confusion? That's just peachy. Or pruny. Or whatever. I give up.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 12, 2016, 02:56:42 AM
So parents ''Progressives'' have decided that the answer to gender confusion is more gender confusion? That's just peachy. Or pruny. Or whatever. I give up.

fify

albrecht

YouTube is pulling a cable tv stunt these days and not only putting commercials during a particularly large video but bumping up the volume so that one almost blows their speakers or ear-drums. So much for 'don't be evil' Google.

That you could hold a SCAR-L to the forehead of any given lifetime politician; WARN him or her that the very next word out of their godless mouth MUST be "YES" or "NO" or that you will discharge the weapon; and when you asked a political question, MANY would STILL be UNABLE to say "YES" or fucking "NO."

That annoys the living hell out of me.  I saw so much of that already this morning that I had to put in an episode of MST3K to calm down.

Jesus! Commit! You can always change your mind if new data is more convincing of the opposite.  You believe it makes you bulletproof to not be caught giving the "wrong" answer?  In reality, it makes you look like an indecisive unconvincing cowardly LIAR.

Mein Gott, I need a television screen that can take a strong right hook.

Quote from: albrecht on September 12, 2016, 07:54:09 PM
... So much for 'don't be evil' Google.

They reneged on that long ago.  As expected.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 18, 2016, 09:50:47 AM
...  In reality, it makes you look like an indecisive unconvincing cowardly LIAR...

And preserves ones electoral 'viability'.  Look at the way people (Big Media and Hilary supporters) attack a non-politician like Donald Trump when he gives real answers, then reconsiders and gives an updated real response.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 18, 2016, 09:50:47 AM
That you could hold a SCAR-L to the forehead of any given lifetime politician; WARN him or her that the very next word out of their godless mouth MUST be "YES" or "NO" or that you will discharge the weapon; and when you asked a political question, MANY would STILL be UNABLE to say "YES" or fucking "NO."

That annoys the living hell out of me.  I saw so much of that already this morning that I had to put in an episode of MST3K to calm down.

Jesus! Commit! You can always change your mind if new data is more convincing of the opposite.  You believe it makes you bulletproof to not be caught giving the "wrong" answer?  In reality, it makes you look like an indecisive unconvincing cowardly LIAR.

Mein Gott, I need a television screen that can take a strong right hook.

I don't keep up on special snowflake rifles is the SCAR-L 5.56? I would like to have a SCAR17S i just don't see the appeal of a 5.56 SCAR when they cost as much as 3 AR15's

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 18, 2016, 05:11:56 PM
And preserves ones electoral 'viability'.  Look at the way people (Big Media and Hilary supporters) attack a non-politician like Donald Trump when he gives real answers, then reconsiders and gives an updated real response.

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 18, 2016, 05:14:31 PM
I don't keep up on special snowflake rifles is the SCAR-L 5.56? I would like to have a SCAR17S i just don't see the appeal of a 5.56 SCAR when they cost as much as 3 AR15's

Perhaps firearms are not the answer.  Maybe the journalist/interviewer could be fitted with a heavily insulated rubber suit à la Lon Chaney, Jr.'s in Man-Made Monster and slap the offending body politic with a mutant electric eel each time he/she failed to answer a simple question with a definitive "yes" or "no."  (After all, this isn't fortune telling.)  Voilà - an intimate version of shock therapy.

We all appreciate a reasoned response, but these "leaders" need to get their act together.  I've seen more decisive responses given by procrastinating customers in a costume store on the day of Halloween.  (And you know how those motherfuckers ponder.  Jesus Candy Corn Christ.)

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 19, 2016, 08:33:19 PM

...procrastinating customers in a costume store on the day of Halloween.  (And you know how those motherfuckers ponder.  Jesus Candy Corn Christ.)

That frustrates me to no end.  Come on people.  Speed it up, damn it.  Save the procrastination for something less important, like deciding what to stuff in the Halloween turkey or when to put up the Thanksgiving tree.   Don't get me started about Christmas eve egg hunts.  You don't need to use .45 caliber when .22 rimfire is more than sufficient.  ::)

Spy

Bought a new Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer 10-05-2015.  Delivered 10-18-2015.   Died 09-22-2016.  Tech can't come to repair it under warranty until 9-29-2016.  Guess when the warranty starts ticking down?  The day is was delivered to the house?  No, the day it was purchased at Lowes.  So if it had died 10-6-2016 the warranty would be expired and I'd be screwed, blued and tattooed.  I might be screwed, blued and tattooed anyway.  Some warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Whirlpools must be made of potmetal parts made in China.

zeebo

It's Sep. 24 and I just saw "Countdown to Christmas" on one of those stupid shopping channels.  That's a full three-months lead time now.  That's enough, I've had it, I'm boycotting the whole unseemly production this year.