• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Hautex

Quote from: The General on June 27, 2011, 01:17:28 AM
Why the hell are cell phones getting larger instead of smaller?
I can't manage the size of this garbage.  Remember the Razor?
I want a razor.  Not a some unwieldy thing the size of a Pong controller.

And why do they still sound like shit?
I loved the "LG Chocolate" cell phone.. very small, slid open to show a keyboard and lasted forever.. still have a black one that still holds a charge (quit Verizon or it would still function)

Juan

I'm annoyed that Onan quit.

albrecht

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on May 13, 2016, 07:50:25 PM
I loved the "LG Chocolate" cell phone.. very small, slid open to show a keyboard and lasted forever.. still have a black one that still holds a charge (quit Verizon or it would still function)
a few months ago I have a phone problem and removed my SIM card and popped it in to an old phone (I keep them) Nokia 6310i and not only did it sound good for calls (imagine that a cell phone that one can talk on) but the battery was still charged!! And I haven't used it in years. And it also shows you what antennae/network you are on (funny that although bought out years ago the signal still shows some now defunct cellphone company tower was broadcasting.) Most reliable phone ever. No wonder Nokia fell on hard times. Reliable products that last are a no-no.

Chine

1. When I accidentally dip my paintbrush in my cup of tea, instead of the paint water.
2. Super loud booming bass sounds from vehicles that cause houses on the street to rumble.

coaster

Had some good news two weeks ago that turned into terrible, tragic news today. And a possible fucking malpractice lawsuit.
Doctors said my mom was doing well. Tonight she went in for emergency surgery. So bad they have to WAIT to do the surgery until the morning. Infection here, cancer here. rottehn colon here. shitty doctors there. Evidently they need to remove a bunch of shit. Intestines or something. Probably gonna lose her. The surgeon didn't even make himself sound positive. I'm losing my mind and the hospital is going to lose the fucking shirts off their backs.
When you are at a "highly rated" hosiptal and the surgeon says one of the doctors made a mistake and basically says "oops", its time to fly into a rage.
im home for the night. im a mess and drinking heavily. have to be back up there bright and early so they can kill my mother.
the eye twitch i had for two weeks is back with a vengeance. this is by far the worst day of my life. "it doesnt look good" they said. Well, Doctor Shitforbrains, you don't even know how bad its going to get.

albrecht

Quote from: coaster on May 21, 2016, 08:14:31 PM
Had some good news two weeks ago that turned into terrible, tragic news today. And a possible fucking malpractice lawsuit.
Doctors said my mom was doing well. Tonight she went in for emergency surgery. So bad they have to WAIT to do the surgery until the morning. Infection here, cancer here. rottehn colon here. shitty doctors there. Evidently they need to remove a bunch of shit. Intestines or something. Probably gonna lose her. The surgeon didn't even make himself sound positive. I'm losing my mind and the hospital is going to lose the fucking shirts off their backs.
When you are at a "highly rated" hosiptal and the surgeon says one of the doctors made a mistake and basically says "oops", its time to fly into a rage.
im home for the night. im a mess and drinking heavily. have to be back up there bright and early so they can kill my mother.
the eye twitch i had for two weeks is back with a vengeance. this is by far the worst day of my life. "it doesnt look good" they said. Well, Doctor Shitforbrains, you don't even know how bad its going to get.
What to say? Except I hope things don't turn out as you imagine. And call or be with family and friends and try, despite the anger and sadness, to document things and be calm in dealing with the doctors and staff. Do you have any doctors in your family? Sometimes they can be a big help in assuring "good" doctors and staff or talking to them and explaining to us non-doctors complicated situations better than the doctors on hand, especially if there is tension, or attitudes (surgeons especially often are a bit cocky?) Good luck and wishing for the best. Drinking is good for a few to calm down but stop; you need to be alert and attentive tomorrow and the coming days. Hope it works out. We have good medicine and doctors, despite some bad.

chefist

I've been there, man. All my positive thoughts out to you and yours...

coaster

Quote from: albrecht on May 21, 2016, 08:19:36 PM
What to say? Except I hope things don't turn out as you imagine. And call or be with family and friends and try, despite the anger and sadness, to document things and be calm in dealing with the doctors and staff. Do you have any doctors in your family? Sometimes they can be a big help in assuring "good" doctors and staff or talking to them and explaining to us non-doctors complicated situations better than the doctors on hand, especially if there is tension, or attitudes (surgeons especially often are a bit cocky?) Good luck and wishing for the best. Drinking is good for a few to calm down but stop; you need to be alert and attentive tomorrow and the coming days. Hope it works out. We have good medicine and doctors, despite some bad.
well. have doctors tell you youre ok, and then boom, not only do you have colon cancer that ate your fucking body up (oops), but that what they thought was nothing was also actually lung cancer. And it grew. Also, so did the cancer on the kidney and spine. ANd wherever the else they fucking missed.
And then tell them the reason why you have been in pain since your last scan (which was two weeks ago) is because you are crawling with cancer! We failed to mention that when we said you were ok.
NOw, if its ok, we are roving some of your guts and you'll probably die. BUt you're in good hands.

YEah, i'll stop drinking..that doctor is gonna need to see a doctor tomorrow. can you set your own bones I wonder?
i'll be a fucking trainwreck, but 99% chance I am losing a loved one in the morning. Because of fucking incompetence.

Coaster, I'm so sorry. What you are describing is exactly what happened to my own mother, including her primary telling her to take Alleve for leg pain which was actually colon cancer. All I can say is my family and I have been there and my thoughts are with you and your mother. Try not to drink too much, you'll need to be at the hospital early to meet with the doctors after surgery. There'll be a lot to discuss and you'll need to be clear headed. From my heart, I pray your mom fights with all her strength and pulls through this. Try to be strong for her now. She needs you.

coaster

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on May 21, 2016, 08:31:58 PM
Coaster, I'm so sorry. What you are describing is exactly what happened to my own mother. All I can say is my family and I have been there and my thoughts are with you and your mother. Try not to drink too much, you'll need to be at the hospital early to meet with the doctors after surgery. There'll be a lot to discuss and you'll need to be clear headed. From my heart, I pray your mom fights with all her strength and pulls through this. Try to be strong for her now. She needs you.
Thank you.
She fought and beat breast cancer a decade ago. SHe was beating this one I thought. The doctors told her "we made a mistake". they said they fucking made a mistake to a terrified, dying woman.
I always thought the cancer would kill her. I never thought for one second that the doctors would be the ones to kill her.

Quote from: coaster on May 21, 2016, 08:35:34 PM
Thank you.
She fought and beat breast cancer a decade ago. SHe was beating this one I thought. The doctors told her "we made a mistake". they said they fucking made a mistake to a terrified, dying woman.
I always thought the cancer would kill her. I never thought for one second that the doctors would be the ones to kill her.

Oh my God, coaster, my mom too. She beat breast cancer twice and ended up dying of undiagnosed colon cancer. I am so very sorry. I am praying that your mom pulls through. She sounds like a fighter.

albrecht

Quote from: coaster on May 21, 2016, 08:31:27 PM
well. have doctors tell you youre ok, and then boom, not only do you have colon cancer that ate your fucking body up (oops), but that what they thought was nothing was also actually lung cancer. And it grew. Also, so did the cancer on the kidney and spine. ANd wherever the else they fucking missed.
And then tell them the reason why you have been in pain since your last scan (which was two weeks ago) is because you are crawling with cancer! We failed to mention that when we said you were ok.
NOw, if its ok, we are roving some of your guts and you'll probably die. BUt you're in good hands.

YEah, i'll stop drinking..that doctor is gonna need to see a doctor tomorrow. can you set your own bones I wonder?
i'll be a fucking trainwreck, but 99% chance I am losing a loved one in the morning. Because of fucking incompetence.
Can't really say much that that except hope and prayers that, someone, those doctors work wonders and she is strong. I don't want to be negative, or more negative, about hospitals and the medical industry, at this time. But you need to be in contact with family and friends, try to be calm, record/document everything, and keep on the doctors and staff (in a calm way. Only reason I mention if you have any doctors in your family is that they can 'speak the language' and understand the charts etc.) Save the outrage, if possible, only if the worst outcome happens and then let good attorneys speak for you. Hope that is NOT the outcome, however.

coaster

sorry. had to vent. i'm gone. you all have a better one than I am having. later.

Venting is good and necessary. You just take care of yourself, that's all. You have a lot of people pulling for you.

coaster

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on May 21, 2016, 08:39:17 PM
Oh my God, coaster, my mom too. She beat breast cancer twice and ended up dying of undiagnosed colon cancer. I am so very sorry. I am praying that your mom pulls through. She sounds like a fighter.
I am really sorry to hear that. And she is strong. BUt you can only fight so long. Especially when both your body and the doctors are against you. She will swing until the end though, no doubt.
This is the same woman who fell and broke her arm at 70 years old while walking a relay for life cancer walk and showed back up in a cast to finish it the same evening. Yeah, shes pretty badass.

coaster

Quote from: albrecht on May 21, 2016, 08:39:34 PM
Can't really say much that that except hope and prayers that, someone, those doctors work wonders and she is strong. I don't want to be negative, or more negative, about hospitals and the medical industry, at this time. But you need to be in contact with family and friends, try to be calm, record/document everything, and keep on the doctors and staff (in a calm way. Only reason I mention if you have any doctors in your family is that they can 'speak the language' and understand the charts etc.) Save the outrage, if possible, only if the worst outcome happens and then let good attorneys speak for you. Hope that is NOT the outcome, however.
the legal thing is being taken care of. No worries there.

albrecht

Quote from: coaster on May 21, 2016, 08:46:10 PM
Well,l we all hope it doesn't come to that but good that is covered. Best wishes and prayers. Reason I mention about "stop drinking" is I didn't once and was a sorta ugly scene at a hospital in a similar situation that I don't want to mention or derail the thread or focus now. Which, by the way, is beyond "ANNOY YOU!!"

Quote from: coaster on May 21, 2016, 08:44:19 PM
This is the same woman who fell and broke her arm at 70 years old while walking a relay for life cancer walk and showed back up in a cast to finish it the same evening. Yeah, shes pretty badass.

Yeah, that's pretty damned badass, right there. This is a woman who doesn't give up.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: coaster on May 21, 2016, 08:46:10 PM

Coaster. What you have discribed sounds like mets have set in. Multiple tumors in several organs is unsustainable in a young person let alone an elderly one.

Suing anyone won't help her. My mother died because her pancreas was basically eating itself and had been for months. My dad still blames the fact the ambulance that took her to hospital could have been sooner..

I know you're very very distressed right now and understandibly, but suing anyone in your sights won't have changed the outcome. Try to stop the drinking.

coaster

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 21, 2016, 10:29:52 PM
Coaster. What you have discribed sounds like mets have set in. Multiple tumors in several organs is unsustainable in a young person let alone an elderly one.

Suing anyone won't help her. My mother died because her pancreas was basically eating itself and had been for months. My dad still blames the fact the ambulance that took her to hospital could have been sooner..

I know you're very very distressed right now and understandibly, but suing anyone in your sights won't have changed the outcome. Try to stop the drinking.
malfeasance and incompetence. malpractice. i am distresseed, but when a doctor says one thing, and then says "OOPS" we made a mistake", while the surgeon is hanging on the side of my mother's bed. when she terrified. fuck you for calling me out on that.

BobGrau

Quote from: coaster on May 21, 2016, 08:40:34 PM
sorry. had to vent. i'm gone. you all have a better one than I am having. later.

Inadequately phrased best wishes to you, man.

Hautex

Prayers to you, your mom and your family, Coaster. Although it's a fact that nobody gets out of here alive, it is never the right time. Your mom is lucky she has you for support and that "badass" seems to run in the family. Having lost my mom a year ago, the pain is still fresh and I wish I could tell you it goes away, but that day still hasn't come, although I find myself celebrating her life and what she taught me more every day. The best you can do sometimes is just be there for/with her as this part of her journey unfolds. Peace, brother....

Gruntled

Coaster, good luck to your Mom and you.
I know how you're feeling. :(

Imconfused

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on May 13, 2016, 07:50:25 PM

I am annoyed by names like "chocolate" for a cell phone.

Hautex

Quote from: Imconfused on May 26, 2016, 11:16:29 AM
I am annoyed by names like "chocolate" for a cell phone.
Agreed! as far as the name "Focus" goes for a cellphone name, they should have finished it with "Focus on Driving", or "Focus on Walking" and should have a little window screen showing what is actually happening in front of you...

Personally, it annoys me no end that I have to use the shift key one letter in to type an upper case "P" in iPhone or iPad. God, think of my left ring finger, Apple.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on May 26, 2016, 02:13:52 PM
Personally, it annoys me no end that I have to use the shift key one letter in to type an upper case "P" in iPhone or iPad. God, think of my left ring finger, Apple.

Easy answer; don't buy apple shit.  ;D  Jobs was a twat anyway.

Well, Yorkie, it's a little late for that, hence the annoyance.  Obviously I didn't think this through. :P

Juan