• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

School shooting Miami area 20180214

Started by Juan, February 14, 2018, 03:53:26 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: pyewacket on February 22, 2018, 05:27:48 PM
I cried for three days when my cat got hit by a car.

Well, this shit doesn't look good does it?  Nor does the shit I'm hearing about the cop assigned to the school.  Fucking Pussy!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 23, 2018, 12:43:42 AM
Oh, look.  It's my personal troll.  Hi troll.

You got good at projection from hanging around with amoral Dems. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 23, 2018, 12:48:02 AM
Well, this shit doesn't look good does it?  Nor does the shit I'm hearing about the cop assigned to the school.  Fucking Pussy!

Enjoy that humble pie! ;D

paladin1991

Quote from: pyewacket on February 22, 2018, 05:53:24 PM
Here's how this student reacted to this latest shooting. Imagine that! I say we let this one vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=119&v=y4CXF2JI3V4

That's brilliant!  Simple.  Inexpensive.  And a lot more effective than posting up Coward Cops.

paladin1991

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 22, 2018, 07:01:18 PM
http://pix11.com/2018/02/22/deputy-on-duty-at-parkland-school-never-went-inside-during-shooting-sheriff/

Deputy on duty at Parkland school never went inside as shooting unfolded: sheriff

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. â€" The school resource deputy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School waited outside the school building as the shooting unfolded last Wednesday. Scot Peterson, the deputy, never went in after taking a position on the west side of the building, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said in a news conference.

Peterson resigned on Thursday after he was suspended by Israel pending an internal investigation into his actions, Israel said.

Delayed surveillance footage

Surveillance footage from the Florida high school where 17 people were fatally shot and more than a dozen others wounded was not shown live, as responding officers initially thought.

According to Coral Springs Police Chief Tony Pustizzi, the footage had been rewound, and police were watching it on a 20-minute delay, leading them to believe the gunman, Nikolas Cruz, was still in the building when he was long gone.

“The delay never put us in a situation where any kids’ lives were in danger, any teachers lives were in danger,” Pustizzi said at a news conference Thursday afternoon.

When officers arrived on the scene of the shooting, he said, they wanted to gain access to the security footage to learn what happened and where the perpetrator could be.

But last Wednesday the footage was rewound, Pustizzi told reporters. At some point, there was a miscommunication and officers believed they were watching real-time footage.

“The issue was more of a communications failure on who was reviewing the tape, letting our guys know that it was a 20-minute delay in what they were reviewing,” Pustizzi said.

The Sun Sentinel first reported the delay in surveillance footage.

The rewound footage did not put any lives in danger, Pustizzi said, but it “did cause some confusion” when officers entered the school.

“At first the the guys are hearing, ‘Oh he’s on the second floor,’” Pustizzi said in the news conference. “Well it’s not true. Because we have people on the second floor, and the people are saying, ‘No, he’s not on the second floor.’”

The Broward County School district said in a statement that its security system footage could be reviewed in both real-time or be rewound to see events that were previously recorded.

“During the immediate response to the event, the system was being viewed in real-time and the recorded footage was being viewed to retrace the actions of the shooter,” the statement said, adding that the district no longer had access to the footage or the server it was stored on because investigating authorities have it.

‘I expected to be in a gunbattle’

The delay led police to brace for a shootout when the gunman was actually long gone, Coral Springs Police Capt. Brad McKeone said.

But McKeone, one of the responding officers, said the delay did not hinder access to the victims.

“It had no delay. It didn’t slow us down to getting us to anybody,” McKeone told CNN.

The main difference, he said, was that officers thought they were going to confront the gunman. In reality, the shooter had already left Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.

“I expected to be in a gunbattle,” McKeone said.

Broward County Public Schools had not responded to CNN’s request for comment Thursday about the school surveillance system. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office, which is leading the shooting investigation, also has not explained why the video was on tape delay.

Gunman was already at Walmart

While the rewound footage might not have increased the number of casualties, it did hamper efforts to locate the gunman.

McKeone said about 20 to 25 officers were on the first, second and third floors of the school when they thought the shooter was still inside.

“Somebody would say, ‘He’s on the second floor,’ and we had guys on the second floor saying, ‘We’re on the second floor, we don’t see him.’ That’s when we figured out there’s a tape delay,” Pustizzi told the Sun Sentinel.

According to police scanner traffic from the streaming website Broadcastify, at 2:43 p.m. on February 14, police found someone to give them access to the school’s security footage.

“I got a guy here outside the building that can get cameras,” says one voice. “We’re going to go inside and go get to the cameras.”

By 2:54 p.m., police were watching the gunman make his way through the building.

“They are monitoring the subject right now,” one person says. “He went from the third floor to the second floor. He may have a gas mask on now. Stand by for further. They’re monitoring him on camera.”

But the suspect had fled the building 26 minutes earlier at 2:28 p.m., according to a preliminary timeline provided by the Broward County Sheriff’s Office.

By 2:50 p.m., the suspect had already bought a drink at a Subway restaurant inside a Walmart store and left on foot, four minutes before scanner traffic said the gunman was still on the second floor of the school.

At 3:02 p.m., when the Broward County timeline says Cruz briefly stopped at a nearby McDonald’s, an officer says the suspect dropped a bag near a stairwell. Another officer asks if the footage is a recording.

“Yes, sir. It’s about a 20-minute delay,” the first officer says. “They’re following him on video on the camera. They had him exiting the building, running south.”

At 3:41 p.m., Cruz was identified and taken into custody.

UPDATE: This story has been updated to reflect new information from the Coral Springs Police Department. This is a developing story.
'

This is what I was asking about when this went down.  I thought that the coach had been identified as the 'security' in an early report.  Son of A Bitch!  Scott fucking Petersen. Bet this sad sack of shit eats his gun.

And that timeline!  Fuck Me to Tears.

Asuka Langley

/pol/ made it on CNN's front page earlier LOL!

paladin1991

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on February 22, 2018, 08:42:44 PM
If you value your life you will buy a gun and learn to use it.

That is a No Shitter.

paladin1991

Quote from: Up All Night on February 22, 2018, 10:18:22 PM
Your prescient question about the SRO was answered today by the Sheriff:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=11910.msg1158879#msg1158879

Yeah. I had some fear that something like this would come out.  If I had known for sure that there was a deputy assigned to the school, my question would have been, "Why isn't he dead, too?  Why is that cocksucker still alive?"

Up All Night

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 23, 2018, 12:40:38 AM
Right! LOL.  A call to 911 will very likely not save your life either if you have a home invasion.  Learn how to use a gun and keep it handy though safe from kids.  Really sucks if you have a trigger lock because if you had a home invasion you'd be in trouble maybe dead.

Be prepared.... When seconds count... the Police are just minutes away !!

Juan

What does “assumed a position” mean? Cowered in fear?

What we have here is a failure of government - the FBI threat system, the Broward County Sheriff’s Department, county mental health people, the school system and Stoneman Douglas high for multiple failures, and the school resource officer. But yet, the progs call for more government to protect us.

Up All Night

How was killer able to get around school security?

Feb. 16th Sun Sentinel

Accused gunman Nikolas Cruz, who had been expelled from the school for behavioral problems, arrived on campus about 20 minutes before the school day ended.

That’s the time school officials usually open the gates around campus so students and staff parked in various parking lots, as well as school buses and parents picking up their kids, can get out easily, said Jerry Graziose, the district’s former director of school safety.

“During the day, those areas locked. But when you’re getting ready for kids to leave, all the gates in the different areas have to be unlocked, and it takes a few minutes for the person doing that,” Graziose said.

Once a person gets onto campus, they have access to a number of classroom buildings, which are often unlocked so that students can easily get to their classes.

Once the shooting began, the school went into a procedure known as Code Red, where doors are automatically locked and students and staff are required to stay in their classrooms. But Cruz pulled the fire alarm, which overrides a Code Red, said Lisa Maxwell, executive director of the Broward Principals and Assistants Association.

As a result, doors that would have otherwise remained shut were being opened by students, making it easier for the gunman to find victims, experts say.

Cruz shot victims in 7 classrooms in Building 12, the "freshman building", a three-story structure containing 30 classrooms typically occupied by about 900 students and 30 teachers on the north side of campus, Broward Sheriff’s Office officials say.

--------------------------------------

At least one Florida lawmaker is calling for Deputy Scot Peterson to be denied his pension and benefits.

Coral Springs State Rep. Jared Moskowitz, issued a strong statement Thursday, calling Peterson's actions "reprehensible and unforgivable."

"I’m calling on the Governor, the Senate President, and the Speaker of the House to work with me and ensure Deputy Scott Peterson is not rewarded for his negligent inaction and his failure to protect our children. His failure to act cost students their lives and for that, he should not be entitled to a pension or any benefits.”

albrecht

Quote from: Up All Night on February 23, 2018, 07:13:59 AM

Feb. 16th Sun Sentinel

Accused gunman Nikolas Cruz, who had been expelled from the school for behavioral problems, arrived on campus about 20 minutes before the school day ended.

That’s the time school officials usually open the gates around campus so students and staff parked in various parking lots, as well as school buses and parents picking up their kids, can get out easily, said Jerry Graziose, the district’s former director of school safety.

“During the day, those areas locked. But when you’re getting ready for kids to leave, all the gates in the different areas have to be unlocked, and it takes a few minutes for the person doing that,” Graziose said.

Once a person gets onto campus, they have access to a number of classroom buildings, which are often unlocked so that students can easily get to their classes.

Once the shooting began, the school went into a procedure known as Code Red, where doors are automatically locked and students and staff are required to stay in their classrooms. But Cruz pulled the fire alarm, which overrides a Code Red, said Lisa Maxwell, executive director of the Broward Principals and Assistants Association.

As a result, doors that would have otherwise remained shut were being opened by students, making it easier for the gunman to find victims, experts say.

Cruz shot victims in 7 classrooms in Building 12, the "freshman building", a three-story structure containing 30 classrooms typically occupied by about 900 students and 30 teachers on the north side of campus, Broward Sheriff’s Office officials say.

--------------------------------------

At least one Florida lawmaker is calling for Deputy Scot Peterson to be denied his pension and benefits.

Coral Springs State Rep. Jared Moskowitz, issued a strong statement Thursday, calling Peterson's actions "reprehensible and unforgivable."

"I’m calling on the Governor, the Senate President, and the Speaker of the House to work with me and ensure Deputy Scott Peterson is not rewarded for his negligent inaction and his failure to protect our children. His failure to act cost students their lives and for that, he should not be entitled to a pension or any benefits.”
I thought I heard they recently even had drills? Early that day? Of course teaching the kids the routine also means a crazy kid shooter would know the procedure, so that is tough to consider. Also even though it appears the lone cop on campus was a coward or wasn't aware of procedure it also boogles the mind that a campus with that many students and buildings would only have one officer on campus. Smaller colleges have a whole PD. And the whole tape-delay mess is incomprehensible especially considering they recently had drills and we've had recent school, and other shootings. I also have heard in some news story that there was budgeted "upgrades" (I think even passed by a bond) for security to the campus but not implemented/delayed, nobody is mentioning this anymore.

Gd5150

So we have a failure by the local PD. Several failures by the FBI. A failure by the school. All government insutititions.

And who do the DemoKKKrats, the DemoKKKRat MSMedia, and their lemmings blame? WHO DO THEY BLAME FOR EVERYTHING?

The NRA. Trump. Republicans. Yawn.

What’s the DemoKKKrats solution? WHATS THEIR SOLUTION FOR EVERYTHING?

Bigger government, less freedom, more DemoKKKrat control.

The left has become so brainless, so predictable, and so worthless I’m starting to look forward the inevitable purge.

Jackstar

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 23, 2018, 11:23:28 AM
So we have a failure by the local PD. Several failures by the FBI. A failure by the school. All government insutititions.

Those aren't the only failures around these parts.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on February 23, 2018, 11:33:03 AM

Those aren't the only failures around these parts.

Hmmm...but why would a student who already graduated still be in high school...in Texas?! Oh, I know, I know, gunny! He was just nervous, right? :D

Juan

Word now is that three Broward County Sheriff’s deputies were outside the school and didn’t go in to stop the shooting, either.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on February 23, 2018, 05:13:45 PM
Word now is that three Broward County Sheriff’s deputies were outside the school and didn’t go in to stop the shooting, either.

Sounds like a stand down order to me.

=Schlyder=

I just heard it was 4 officers waited outside.

paladin1991

Fucking Coward.  Taking  bets, this Piece of Shit will eat his gun. 

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2018, 04:06:18 PM

Hmmm...but why would a student who already graduated still be in high school...in Texas?! Oh, I know, I know, gunny! He was just nervous, right? :D

Redondo Shores High School is a continuation school.  This character, Hogg, has, according to an article posted somewhere in the links provided in this thread, learning disabilities. In CA, students who fall behind due to disabilities, behavior, criminal activities, etc., can end up in continuation school.  To 'graduate' fm these schools, is to be allowed to continue your high school education at your school of record or returning to the grade the student was at.  If all credits are in place, the student can graduate to the next grade or graduate fm the continuation school.

I don't know what Hogg's situation is.  Don't care, really.  I think that there is some leftist playbook that is always in use.  Young Mr. Hogg is being tuned and played.  As is most of the citizenry. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 24, 2018, 02:27:55 AM
Redondo Shores High School is a continuation school.  This character, Hogg, has, according to an article posted somewhere in the links provided in this thread, learning disabilities. In CA, students who fall behind due to disabilities, behavior, criminal activities, etc., can end up in continuation school.  To 'graduate' fm these schools, is to be allowed to continue your high school education at your school of record or returning to the grade the student was at.  If all credits are in place, the student can graduate to the next grade or graduate fm the continuation school.

I don't know what Hogg's situation is.  Don't care, really.  I think that there is some leftist playbook that is always in use.  Young Mr. Hogg is being tuned and played.  As is most of the citizenry.

10-4

paladin1991

Quote from: Juan on February 23, 2018, 05:13:45 PM

The Pussy count grows.  Soon they'll be able to have a fucking vagina parade.

paladin1991

Quote from: =Schlyder= on February 23, 2018, 05:20:51 PM
I just heard it was 4 officers waited outside.
Fuck.  17 kids dead and the pussy count grows.

Never trust anybody named Scott Peterson.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 24, 2018, 03:20:54 AM
Never trust anybody named Scott Peterson.

Yeah, I caught the similarity of names.