• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Ted Cruz

Started by Auslandia, February 09, 2016, 01:59:47 PM

the_Stranger

IIRC, Mike Huckabee was asked about the statements Swanson made and he played it off like they'd been made years ago. Which he probably did, but they were referring to the 5 minutes before Swanson introduced Huckabee.
Religious extremists of any flavor are shitheels.

VtaGeezer

Romney announced today that he's supporting Cruz.  What a fuckin' partisan hack idiot.  Pentecostals like Cruz think Mormons are pagans and heretics.  Bring me that firewood.

GravitySucks

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 18, 2016, 02:05:19 PM
Romney announced today that he's supporting Cruz.  What a fuckin' partisan hack idiot.  Pentecostals like Cruz think Mormons are pagans and heretics.  Bring me that firewood.

Earlier in the week he was campaigning for Kasich. I hope Cruz isn't asking him for campaign advice.

henge0stone

Cruz represents everything everyone basically hates about the Republican party.

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on March 18, 2016, 06:29:50 PM
Cruz represents everything everyone basically hates about the Republican party.
Despite his smarmy look, bank connections, and odd religious connections there are two things I do like: gun rights and gridlock. (And not backing down on them.) I'm against the idea that Congress must constantly pass more laws; logically, there reaches a point in which more laws and regulations are self-defeating the whole system or intent of having a legislature- particularly because most of the US Code is not even voted on but put in force by Executive regulatory agencies no matter what the Congressional intent was. I would rather have grid-lock than more burdensome laws. Why I don't support him for Pres but don't mind him in the Senate.

henge0stone

Quote from: albrecht on March 18, 2016, 07:11:17 PM
Despite his smarmy look, bank connections, and odd religious connections there are two things I do like: gun rights and gridlock. (And not backing down on them.) I'm against the idea that Congress must constantly pass more laws; logically, there reaches a point in which more laws and regulations are self-defeating the whole system or intent of having a legislature- particularly because most of the US Code is not even voted on but put in force by Executive regulatory agencies no matter what the Congressional intent was. I would rather have grid-lock than more burdensome laws. Why I don't support him for Pres but don't mind him in the Senate.

Basically every Republican is for gun rights and a few Democrats (Jim Webb, though I think he left the party so might be no one left). I don't really understand grid lock, wouldn't you just vote NO on a law? Or is that what your saying is grid lock?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on March 18, 2016, 07:11:17 PM

Congress's job at this point should be repealing laws that don't work and replacing them, if needed, with laws that do.

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on March 19, 2016, 02:07:11 PM
Basically every Republican is for gun rights and a few Democrats (Jim Webb, though I think he left the party so might be no one left). I don't really understand grid lock, wouldn't you just vote NO on a law? Or is that what your saying is grid lock?
Due to partisanship and Obama (and, yes, before Bush, Clinton, etc etc) and the general aggrandizement of Federal power I prefer gridlock to passing more laws, appointing more judges/Justices, etc. Because, due to lobbyists and Party powers, those laws or appointees will just mean more costs, or worse, for us, the people.

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 20, 2016, 12:13:50 PM
Congress's job at this point should be repealing laws that don't work and replacing them, if needed, with laws that do.
Ideally, but, in reality, with the power of the Executive, and all their infernal departments, and partisanship in a two-party system sometimes, to me at least, nothing is better than 'new.' Because the new won't be repealing laws, or more importantly regulations often not ever voted upon, will be replaced by worse ones. Sometimes, like Buckley said: "A Conservative is a fellow who is standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!'"

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on March 20, 2016, 05:07:36 PM
Ideally, but, in reality, with the power of the Executive, and all their infernal departments, and partisanship in a two-party system sometimes, to me at least, nothing is better than 'new.' Because the new won't be repealing laws, or more importantly regulations often not ever voted upon, will be replaced by worse ones. Sometimes, like Buckley said: "A Conservative is a fellow who is standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!'"

You're right, and Buckley's quote describes me perfectly lol.

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on March 20, 2016, 05:07:36 PM
And I'm saying Step on the damn gas! It would be funny if you and I end up in the same place

Up All Night

So, Romney is delivering the Mormon vote in Utah for Ted Cruz.

Well, Romney won't be able to do that in California.

Ted, winning Utah is not a sign of anything but Romney's holding sway over the Mormon faithful.

analog kid

Quote from: Up All Night on March 23, 2016, 11:29:00 AM
So, Romney is delivering the Mormon vote in Utah for Ted Cruz.

Well, Romney won't be able to do that in California.

Ted, winning Utah is not a sign of anything but Romney's holding sway over the Mormon faithful.

Mormons and Fundamentalist Christians uniting. Strange bedfellows.

VtaGeezer

Looking at the remaining primaries, I think Cruz's run is at an end, except as the spoiler he's been since Texas inflicted him on the US Senate.

Dr. MD MD

Huh...Maybe Ted IS the kinda guy I'd wanna have a beer with after all...couple doobies; a little tootsky; maybe call up some hookers, etc.

Damn it! If this were Kennedy's day this guy would be president already. I guess Dylan was right. The times they did a change...and not for the better  :o

VtaGeezer

The scandal would prove that power really is an aphrodisiac for women.  What else could make a woman want sex with the creep?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 25, 2016, 12:37:32 PM
The scandal would prove that power really is an aphrodisiac for women.  What else could make a woman want sex with the creep?

I know, eh? My first impression of him was Ichabod Crane and I just couldn't shake it, and I don't mean the moderned up handsome version but the classic creepy, ugly Crane  ;)

I honestly didn't think he had it in him but I guess I have to give credit where credit is due. Up top, Cruz!  ;D

VtaGeezer

Cruz blamed "Trump and his henchmen" for the NE story.  Henchman? Who talks that way in 2016?   At least he didn't call them varlets.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 25, 2016, 06:24:02 PM
Cruz blamed "Trump and his henchmen" for the NE story.  Henchman? Who talks that way in 2016?   At least he didn't call them varlets.

I preferred thugs, but I can roll with henchmen. Stylishly retro.

I can`t wait to see Big Orange self-implode.

Who here is planning to vote.
Everyone knows the system is corrupt.
If you participate in a system that is broken, by default, you are saying that no matter how broken the system is , you still support it.
Why the fuck do you think Trump was rolled out as a candidate.
It was to piss peeps off and get them to vote.

Anyone rmember Ross Perrot ?

Wake The FUCK UP

(STOP dicking w/ my posts asshole.)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 26, 2016, 08:34:40 AM
Who here is planning to vote.
Everyone knows the system is corrupt.
If you participate in a system that is broken, by default, you are saying that no matter how broken the system is , you still support it.
Why the fuck do you think Trump was rolled out as a candidate.
It was to piss peeps off and get them to vote.

Anyone rmember Ross Perrot ?

Wake The FUCK UP

While I like and am intrigued by a lot of what you're saying I'm not really sure where you're going with this, Logan. Are you advocating that people shouldn't vote? What exactly?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 26, 2016, 08:34:40 AM

was that directed to me?  because i haven't touched your posts. 

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 26, 2016, 10:35:03 AM
While I like and am intrigued by a lot of what you're saying I'm not really sure where you're going with this, Logan. Are you advocating that people shouldn't vote? What exactly?
This shit pisses me off. Me and many othes here have served our time to ensure that everyone that wants to vote - can. That's not the problem. I have a major problem with the way the checks & balances have failed us as a nation. I've seen the corruption from within. It was almost to the point that peeps would be able to start realizing that voting in a federal election mattered not. ALMOST ! ! ! Then they brought Trump on the scene because peeps just ignored Hillary. So many are still deluded into thinking that on a Federal level they actually have a say.

Last night there was a caller that accentuated my point perfectly. The constitution was enacted for land-owners.... the elite of that time - still the elite of this time. (You do realize you're only a serf that rents your land  - right ? Stop paying property taxes and see what happens. Search back the title and put your land into Allodium, then you are your own little county. The United States Corporation is bankrupt an your land is collateral. )  You, I, and everyone in this country has been fed a lie that we are free. The Constitution was written not for the average person. That's why all court systems in this country operate under Military / Admiralty law. It pisses me right the fuck off becaue it deceives people into thinking they are free.
It took a shit-ton of research on my part - over 20 years - to track this down and correlate and compile the fucking truth about this.
It's one of the greatest deceptions ever foisted on an unsuspecting public I've ever seen.
I WILL NOT participate in a system as corrupt as what we are seeing now. I WILL NOT support it. I'm prior military. This shit makes me sick to the bone.

I hope this clarifies things a bit. I also understand most peeps have no fricken clue what I'm talking about.

The infiltration of this country's government is not a recent thing.

I will NEVER vote in a Federal election ever again. Yet, I will never fight against anyone that wishes t do so. I fought for you and everyone else to have the right to make that choice on your own.

Quote from: MV on March 26, 2016, 11:25:51 AM
was that directed to me?  because i haven't touched your posts.
I won't Praise you, & I won't Braise you MV, But I will say All Hail "Sage" MV ;)

No, That was directed at the ISP I'm on here. I'm off-site, and they're using this system as a node relay. It's really screwing w/ my ability to actively participate in the forums.

JS is being activated randomly, ports are being probed and opened, Tracert, dnsCert doesn't work, False certificates are popping up. No, it's an ISP thing. There are other things going down  I won't mention here, but It's not you.

Malformed. MITM. Low security. Can't wait 'til I'm back on a system I can mod.  ;)

WOW - Bloody Fucking amazing !!!

Since I dropped the last post - everthing is working fine.         HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm (As Hoagy would say)

Isn't that something. :o