• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Liberals!

Started by someguy, June 30, 2014, 12:00:42 AM

paladin1991

MMMMMthat's about right.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: someguy on June 30, 2014, 12:00:42 AM

Render unto Obama
It's sad when we waste the lives of thousands of good Americans to protect idiocy like this.  People died so these numbnuts could perform Sanctimony Theater in front of the White House.
A point no doubt lost on these "patriots".

onan

Single mothers = bad. Abortion = bad. Subsidies for low income children = bad. Birth control paid for by insurance = bad.

I say we just take all the children that no one wants and put them in prison.

wr250

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 30, 2014, 10:59:24 AM
It's sad when we waste the lives of thousands of good Americans to protect idiocy like this.  People died so these numbnuts could perform Sanctimony Theater in front of the White House.
A point no doubt lost on these "patriots".

well everyone has the inalienable right to make an ass of themselves -charles emerson winchester from m*a*s*h*.

maureen

Quote from: onan on June 30, 2014, 01:29:31 PM
Single mothers = bad. Abortion = bad. Subsidies for low income children = bad. Birth control paid for by insurance = bad.

The great Irish satirist, Jonathan Swift, when addressing the Irish children "problem", suggested that the children be fattened up for the British Sunday dinner table. Roast leg of little boy with yorkshire pudding!!

NowhereInTime

Quote from: wr250 on June 30, 2014, 01:30:37 PM
well everyone has the inalienable right to make an ass of themselves -charles emerson winchester from m*a*s*h*.
[attachimg=1]

The Libs are the only people who get to demonstrate, to block access, to disrupt meetings, to shout down speakers.  To name call, lie, and smear.  Everyone else has to play by a different set of rules.

Only the Left are to be allowed to do political street theatre.  And of course be applauded and told how 'brave' and 'courageous' they are for doing so.  And showered with favorable coverage by Big Media.

How dare anyone else use these tactics.  They were handed down by Saul Alinsky, like pillars from Mt Sinai, for exclusive use by the Left.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2014, 02:43:35 PM
The Libs are the only people who get to demonstrate, to block access, to disrupt meetings, to shout down speakers.  To name call, lie, and smear.  Everyone else has to play by a different set of rules.

Only the Left are to be allowed to do political street theatre.  And of course be applauded and told how 'brave' and 'courageous' they are for doing so.  And showered with favorable coverage by Big Media.

How dare anyone else use these tactics.  They were handed down by Saul Alinsky, like pillars from Mt Sinai, for exclusive use by the Left.

Here endeth the lesson.

someguy

Quote from: b_dubb on June 30, 2014, 12:24:35 PM
Is this a joke? I can't tell.

I can't tell either, but it's hilarious. Poe's law and all I guess

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2014, 02:43:35 PM

No, it's just that you cons are so inartful. 

You go so incredibly over the top and lack satire.

Why do you think people tune in to Stewart and Colbert?  Watched 7 seasons of 30 Rock? Watched All in the Family?

These shows hammer(ed) home left wing themes but do (did) it with humor, good acting, and great writing.  You guys just bring a hammer.

Try, for once, for funny instead of self righteous.

I say we just take all the children that no one wants and put them in privately owned, for profit prison.

One bowl of gruel per day and none of that "Please, sir, more?" crap. Time to toughen up the neonate freeloaders. Once you leave the birth canal, you're on your own, kid.

I'd never heard of Saul Alinsky until the Far Right started tossing his name around and suggesting that he was in the running for the title of "History's Greatest Monster."  I figured he must be Pol Pot, Stalin, and Jim Jones rolled into one.  Then I read about him, and found out he was pretty much just a guy who hated injustice and the ideologues of every stripe who perpetrate it.  Here's his reply to someone who asked him if he ever considered joining the Communist Party:

"Not at any time. I've never joined any organizationâ€"not even the ones I've organized myself. I prize my own independence too much. And philosophically, I could never accept any rigid dogma or ideology, whether it's Christianity or Marxism. One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right.' If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide."

While I don't agree with everything he said and did, he sure doesn't come across like a fire breathing fanatic who hated the U.S. and was hell bent on tearing down it and everything it stands for brick by brick.  I would be surprised if a majority of the people who denounce him have ever bothered to read about him.  In fact, it seems like his designation as a bogey man may have been largely based on his name and its appeal to anti-Semitism and xenophobia. "Saul Alinsky" sounds ominously foreign, and Eastern European-ish.  If his name had been "Tom Smith," you have to wonder if anyone have thought to invoke it to inspire fear.

wr250

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 30, 2014, 03:53:06 PM
No, it's just that you cons are so inartful. 

You go so incredibly over the top and lack satire.

Why do you think people tune in to Stewart and Colbert?  Watched 7 seasons of 30 Rock? Watched All in the Family?

These shows hammer(ed) home left wing themes but do (did) it with humor, good acting, and great writing.  You guys just bring a hammer.

Try, for once, for funny instead of self righteous.

so i should stop trying to bring the funny?

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 30, 2014, 04:34:09 PM
I'd never heard of Saul Alinsky until the Far Right started tossing his name around and suggesting that he was in the running for the title of "History's Greatest Monster."  I figured he must be Pol Pot, Stalin, and Jim Jones rolled into one.  Then I read about him, and found out he was pretty much just a guy who hated injustice and the ideologues of every stripe who perpetrate it...

I guess it depends on what you think of those who advocate the undermining of our country, and provide the tools to do so.

This is what all the Lefties claim.  They want to create a Utopia where everything is equal.  The problems are that requires a gigantic Totalitarian bureaucracy to enforce it, and that cannot co-exist with Opportunity, Liberty, Private Property, etc.  - the things that made this country great.

And, oh yeah, it doesn't factor in human nature and can never work on a scale much larger than a farm owned cooperatively anyway.

But getting back to Saul Alinsky.  Before the Left can seize power and attempt to install their Utopia, they have to destroy what exists currently.  Marx predicted this would happen by itself, but they are tired of waiting and want to help the process along. 

That's where the Alinsky tactics come in.  It's what Obama meant when he said he was going to 'fundamentally transform America'

... I would be surprised if a majority of the people who denounce him have ever bothered to read about him...

Instead of reading about him, I'd suggest reading his actual work.  I'd suggest starting with 'Rules For Radicals'.  Then make a determination of what kind of person he is and look around and see if you recognize any of those 'Rules' being utilized as tactics by the Left over the past 45 years.

... In fact, it seems like his designation as a bogey man may have been largely based on his name and its appeal to anti-Semitism and xenophobia...

In fact?  In fact? Do you also use 'literally' incorrectly?  Do you also think all those people who oppose Obama are doing so based on the way he looks?

We oppose the Left, Obama, Saul Alinsky, Hilary, Nancy Pelosi, people like Ted Kennedy, and the rest of the 'Progressives' because we don't want to go where they would take us, their ideas, their destructiveness, their reprehensible tactics...  Not because of ethnicity or race. 

By the way, they sure don't like the rest of us or our country.  They don't like our Constitution, our history, our culture, our system of government, our system of free exchange.  They burn our downtowns, attack the police, take over our parks, loot and riot, burn our flag, denounce us.  They've seized control of most of our organizations, they undermine and destroy as much as they can - so please know they are not just regular folks seeking 'justice' who are being victimized by the 'Far Right'. 

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2014, 07:47:27 PM
That's what all the Lefties claim.  They want to create a Utopia where everything is equal.  The problems are that requires a gigantic Totalitarian bureaucracy to enforce it, and that cannot co-exist with Opportunity, Liberty, Private Property, etc.  - the things that made this country great.

And, oh yeah, it doesn't factor in human nature and can never work on a scale much larger than a farm owned cooperatively anyway.

But getting back to Saul Alinsky.  Before the Left can seize power and attempt to install their Utopia, they have to destroy what exists currently.  Marx predicted this would happen by itself, but they are tired of waiting and want to help the process along. 

That's where the Alinsky tactics come in.  It's what Obama meant when he said he was going to 'fundamentally transform America'

Instead of reading about him, I'd suggest reading his actual work.  I'd suggest starting with 'Rules For Radicals'.  Then make a determination of what kind of person he is and look around and see if you recognize any of those 'Rules' being utilized as tactics by the Left over the past 45 years.

In fact?  In fact? Do you also use 'literally' incorrectly?  Do you also think all those people who oppose Obama are doing so based on the way he looks?

We oppose the Left, Obama, Saul Alinsky, Hilary, Nancy Pelosi, people like Ted Kennedy, and the rest of the 'Progressives' because we don't want to go where they would take us, their ideas, their destructiveness, their reprehensible tactics...  Not because of ethnicity or race. 

By the way, they sure don't like the rest of us or our country.  They don't like our Constitution, our history, our culture, our system of government, our system of free exchange.  They burn our downtowns, attack the police, take over our parks, loot and riot, burn our flag, denounce us.  They've seized control of most of our organizations, they undermine and destroy as much as they can - so please know they are not just regular folks seeking 'justice' who are being victimized by the 'Far Right'.
When you claim that race has no factor in the right's (and your) antipathy toward Obama,  you are literally lying through your teeth.
There, that's the proper use.
"Inner city", "other", "Muslim apologist". Sound familiar,  Adolf? (By the way, douche, if you're going to snark people,  at least don't be so historically illiterate as to spell it as "Adolph". Just because you tattoo'd it on your ass don't make it fact...)

But Saul Alinsky has influenced a lot of grassroots movements beyond ones on the left.

From Wikipedia:
QuoteAdam Brandon, a spokesman for the conservative non-profit organization FreedomWorks, one of several groups involved in organizing Tea Party protests, says the group gives Alinsky's Rules for Radicals to its top leadership members. A shortened guide called Rules for Patriots is distributed to its entire network. In a January 2012 story that appeared in The Wall Street Journal, citing the organization's tactic of sending activists to town-hall meetings, Brandon explained, "his [Alinsky's] tactics when it comes to grass-roots organizing are incredibly effective." Former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey also gives copies of Alinsky's book Rules for Radicals to Tea Party leaders.[21]

I happen to like Alinsky, although I understand he is a lightening rod for many. But, I worked in underserved communities when I was a Vista Volunteer in college, and part of the work was teaching people to take control of their communities which is laudatory. I'm not talking violence, I'm not talking anything other than educating people regarding their rights and the political process. Alinsky was planning to organize the middle class, the silent majority of 1972, when he died. I wonder how much things might have changed had he been able to fire up and empower the apathetic. That is exactly what the founders of the tea party had in mind and it's interesting that they used Alinsky as a guide for getting their position out front.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 30, 2014, 08:14:56 PM
When you claim that race has no factor in the right's (and your) antipathy toward Obama,  you are literally lying through your teeth.
There, that's the proper use.
"Inner city", "other", "Muslim apologist". Sound familiar,  Adolf? (By the way, douche, if you're going to snark people,  at least don't be so historically illiterate as to spell it as "Adolph". Just because you tattoo'd it on your ass don't make it fact...)

Stick it up your ass, dipshit

How can anyone follow Obama on a daily basis and think he's anything but the enemy within? 

How can anyone be aware of the daily outrages in the Moslem world and think those people are compatible with a free open society? 

If you don't like 'Inner City', give me another term for those neighborhoods your party has destroyed and continues to repress.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 30, 2014, 08:16:15 PM
But Saul Alinsky has influenced a lot of grassroots movements beyond ones on the left...

Indeed.  I use his tactics all the time, just not the ones that go beyond the pale.  They work.

Difference is, the rest of us aren't trying to undermine the country.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 30, 2014, 08:16:15 PM
... and part of the work was teaching people to take control of their communities which is laudatory...

The two most important ideas are to go to school and put in the effort, and afterward get a job and put in effort.  Do that and it's almost impossible to not do well in life...

someguy

Paperboy is a fucking cryptofascist

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on June 30, 2014, 10:07:10 PM
Paperboy is a fucking crypto fascist

You mean, because you disagree with his political philosophies its cool to call him names?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2014, 07:47:27 PM
I guess it depends on what you think of those who advocate the undermining of our country, and provide the tools to do so.

This is what all the Lefties claim.  They want to create a Utopia where everything is equal.  The problems are that requires a gigantic Totalitarian bureaucracy to enforce it, and that cannot co-exist with Opportunity, Liberty, Private Property, etc.  - the things that made this country great.

Lucky I didn't say anything about the dirty knife.

[attachimg=1]

pate

It'd be cheaper to throw them into a septic tank with their awful single mothers, after we starve them both to death because of our profound belief in JC...

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 30, 2014, 08:14:56 PM
... at least don't be so historically illiterate as to spell it as "Adolph"...

I didn't realize you were such a stickler for getting Hittler's name spelled right. 

Do you have his birthday circled on the calendar?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2014, 08:21:50 PM
Stick it up your ass, dipshit
A little testy?  Perhaps its because you have a little teste...

QuoteHow can anyone follow Obama on a daily basis and think he's anything but the enemy within?
Well, because he's done more for the people of this country than the last seven presidents combined. Ended two wars, picked help health insurance for people in need (which, you have to acknowledge, has been a success with overall costs going down, premiums paid, and high enrollment), killed Bin Laden, has handled Putin very well (did you see where Vlad asked Russian Pariliament to rescind support for troop deployments in Ukraine?)
QuoteHow can anyone be aware of the daily outrages in the Moslem world and think those people are compatible with a free open society?
Never said they were, ass monkey, but you consistently conflate others' thought to fit your narrative.

QuoteIf you don't like 'Inner City', give me another term for those neighborhoods your party has destroyed and continues to repress.
Sure.  How about "rural counties", which are white, Southern, religious conservative, Republican voting counties in worse shape than any inner city in this country.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 01, 2014, 10:19:03 AM
... Well, because he's done more for the people of this country than the last seven presidents combined...

Oh, that explains his favorable rating in the polls dipping under 30%.  I knew there must be a reason. 

And that's with his shills in Big Media protecting him as best they can and putting out constant propaganda on his behalf

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 01, 2014, 10:19:03 AM
... picked help health insurance for people in need (which, you have to acknowledge, has been a success with overall costs going down, premiums paid, and high enrollment)...

Surely you meant a fairly tepid failure, with overall costs skyrocketing, premiums not being paid, and low enrollment. 

And the worst of it has been illegally kicked down the road, cynically past the 2014 midterm elections (gee, why did he do that?).  There is a storm coming when the rest of the country finds out what's going to happen with their healthcare insurance in January..

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 01, 2014, 10:40:31 AMSurely you meant a fairly tepid failure, with overall costs skyrocketing, premiums not being paid, and low enrollment. 

And the worst of it has been illegally kicked down the road, cynically past the 2014 midterm elections (gee, why did he do that?).  There is a storm coming when the rest of the country finds out what's going to happen with their healthcare insurance in January..
Once again, truth deflating your conflation.
You are, literally (there's that word again), lying through your teeth again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/27/opinion/paul-krugman-so-much-for-obamacare-not-working.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&_r=0

And:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/zero-for-six/#

Not one of your (or your conservative harpies') predictions has come true.  Not. One.

But of course, it's "Wait 'till January".

"Wait Until Next Year!"  So you were a Brooklyn Dodgers fan.