• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Health comparisons around the world

Started by Yorkshire pud, June 18, 2014, 01:57:08 AM

Quick Karl

Quote from: bigchucka on June 19, 2014, 06:57:55 PM
Survivorman and Trailer Park Boys... both from Canada.

Keystone Pipeline wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have resources.

Marc Emery... and a related note, at least their government allows some marijuana research...

Survivorman was pretty good - I liked it better than Man vs. Wild, but that was a few years ago. I cant find anything on TV now, worth watching, so I disconnected the Cable.

albrecht

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 07:04:11 PM
Survivorman was pretty good - I liked it better than Man vs. Wild, but that was a few years ago. I cant find anything on TV now, worth watching, so I disconnected the Cable.
Only reason I kept cable (basic) is for the sports and because the way TWC markets it is cheaper to "bundle" with cable than just get internet or internet/phone. About the only good show I did happen upon during one day where they had a marathon is "Mountain Men" on the History Channel (I think) a bunch of guys (one or a few in each remote location in the US except I don't think desert. It was in Maine, Smoky Mtns, Cascades, Alaska, and I think Colorado) living off the grid, hunting, fishing, building stuff, trapping game, etc. But, basically, if there actually is any decent thing on tv you can usually find it for free on the internet so I'm with you on dumping the cable if you can. Save the money and read or go outside. And if you get an antennae and live near a city or in one you can often get the main channels and also some awesome ones like MeTV, RetroTV, etc that show good programs (Andy Griffith, Petticoat Junction, Bev Hillbillies, Perry Mason, Donna Reed, Leave It to Beaver, Twilight Zone, Rockford Files, Emergency!, etc.)

bigchucka

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 07:04:11 PM

I know he got some pretty good footage on his honeymoon... ever watch this?

http://youtu.be/d5nAHVetPDA

There also appears to be a fuckton of episodes of Les's show "Beyond Survival" on YouTube as well.  pathofthewoodsman is the name of the YouTube channel they're on...  It's about indigenous tribes around the world... he goes and learns some of their survival skills...

bigchucka

Or when someone gets the idea to try to be Survivorman... well... sometimes it ends up like this.... not too good for this guy.  Not "Timothy Treadwell" bad, but...

http://youtu.be/oyoWSLHqLBQ

Quick Karl

Quote from: bigchucka on June 19, 2014, 07:41:01 PM
I know he got some pretty good footage on his honeymoon... ever watch this?

http://youtu.be/d5nAHVetPDA

There also appears to be a fuckton of episodes of Les's show "Beyond Survival" on YouTube as well.  pathofthewoodsman is the name of the YouTube channel they're on...  It's about indigenous tribes around the world... he goes and learns some of their survival skills...

He has to be the luckiest guy that ever lived, to find a woman like he has...

bigchucka

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 08:02:29 PM
He has to be the luckiest guy that ever lived, to find a woman like he has...

Had.  Separated in 2008.  In the newest season he takes his son, Logan, with him on two shows... one was on his sixteenth birthday.  Think in one of those episodes there may have been a "Me and your mom..." conversation implying that was still the case, but can't remember for sure.

b_dubb

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 03:53:24 PM
Americans just can't seem to understand when other countries do things better.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.  Doesn't really work when not spoken. But yeah Americans think we're the best at everything.

http://youtu.be/IhnUgAaea4M

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 05:58:17 PM
Does Canada have radio?

I've never even see a Television program from Canada, here in the US?

Do they manufacture automobiles in Canada?

What DO they manufacture in Canada, besides assholes?

What scientific breakthroughs and/or achievements have come out of Canada - I am SURE they must be some?
Golly gee, you Muricans is so durn smart.

http://youtu.be/gFgPX0hnNfA

http://youtu.be/CHON2Zub_2s

http://youtu.be/ereFbjh4z1U

Quick Karl

Anyone know of any Canada or England-centric discussion forums? I want to drop in and virtually-urinate & defecate on their countries, just for the fuck of it.

I wonder if it will help me sleep better?

bigchucka

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 10:47:52 PM
Anyone know of any Canada or England-centric discussion forums? I want to drop in and virtually-urinate & defecate on their countries, just for the fuck of it.

Noory just started.  That'll either get your blood pressure up or bore you to sleep.  All depends on the night.

Quick Karl

Quote from: bigchucka on June 19, 2014, 11:08:23 PM
Noory just started.  That'll either get your blood pressure up or bore you to sleep.  All depends on the night.

;D Art bell is dead to me.

George is on just because there isn't anything else to listen to.

I will be moving to Austin next week and I hear that somewhere-in-time with Art Bell is actually broadcast regularly, so there's that to look forward to...

albrecht

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 11:13:26 PM
;D Art bell is dead to me.

George is on just because there isn't anything else to listen to.

I will be moving to Austin next week and I hear that somewhere-in-time with Art Bell is actually broadcast regularly, so there's that to look forward to...
They will love your opinions in Austin- the Madison of Texas (city of Wisconsin, not the smart Founding Father) if as you post is even half true. HaHa. But SIT, and C2C, is on 590AM/99.7FM.  Pirate station FM 90.1 (and 590 AM on Sundays, I forget when and on SW WWCR) for Alex Jones (an Austin resident whose family fought in both the American and Texas revolution and will not be taken down by the new world order! arrrgggg!! ARRGGH! Death to the NWO, and etc.) Also Texe Marrs lives outside of town though I don't think he's been on C2C or other shows in a while since he got on a more anti-"zionist" bent I'm told.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 10:47:52 PM

Petulant aren't you sweedy?

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on June 20, 2014, 12:07:33 AM
They will love your opinions in Austin- the Madison of Texas (city of Wisconsin, not the smart Founding Father) if as you post is even half true. HaHa. But SIT, and C2C, is on 590AM/99.7FM.  Pirate station FM 90.1 (and 590 AM on Sundays, I forget when and on SW WWCR) for Alex Jones (an Austin resident whose family fought in both the American and Texas revolution and will not be taken down by the new world order! arrrgggg!! ARRGGH! Death to the NWO, and etc.) Also Texe Marrs lives outside of town though I don't think he's been on C2C or other shows in a while since he got on a more anti-"zionist" bent I'm told.

I chose Austin as a sacred patriotic duty to add one more sane voter to their ranks...  ;D I've spent time there before and, yeah, the idiots walking around with the Rastafarian hats annoy me, but fuck them. I always get a kick out of morons that think a job at Starbucks or Whole Foods is a savvy career move - like they're training to be company spokespeople someday, when they grow up...

Oh well, there's a sucker born every minute.

Are you a Texan?

I should tell you about the year I spent is Seattle in 1990...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 20, 2014, 01:08:53 AM
I always get a kick out of morons that think a job at Starbucks or Whole Foods is a savvy career move - like they're training to be company spokespeople someday, when they grow up...

...and what will you do when you grow up? Meet girls your own age? Or just meet girls in general? Ones with a pulse that have real flesh, not just life like flesh.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 20, 2014, 01:12:44 AM

...and what will you do when you grow up? Meet girls your own age? Or just meet girls in general? Ones with a pulse that have real flesh, not just life like flesh.

Awww did I insult your career choice, mentalcase?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 20, 2014, 01:14:17 AM
Awww did I insult your career choice, mentalcase?

ROFL...You couldn't insult me if you tried sweedy. I mean REALLY tried.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 20, 2014, 01:18:02 AM

I hate burnt orange.  Really really a lot

;D Its a fitting color. Once you drive outside of Austin, there's lots of normal people all around. I grew up in NYC so Austin is like a small hick town trying to act like it's a destination...

Quick Karl

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 20, 2014, 01:19:24 AM

ROFL...You couldn't insult me if you tried sweedy. I mean REALLY tried.

You do a fine job of insulting yourself every time you post something. You're the moron of bellgab.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 20, 2014, 01:25:24 AM
You do a fine job of insulting yourself every time you post something. You're the moron of bellgab.

I'm sure you think you're right sweedy...

Remind us again about the American Spring you supported, and then didn't.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/16/1299919/-Reasons-for-the-Failure-of-Operation-American-Spring

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 20, 2014, 01:42:23 AM
I'm sure you think you're right sweedy...

Remind us again about the American Spring you supported, and then didn't.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/16/1299919/-Reasons-for-the-Failure-of-Operation-American-Spring
There are idiots in all groups. Unfortunately there were a lot more of the idiotic, and criminal, people on the other side.

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 20, 2014, 01:25:24 AM
This is more of that rational, fact based methodology in which the right never engages.
Except you always do.

And you, Qunt Karl, are the unholy, unwashed Taint of Bellgab.  Many congrats.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on June 20, 2014, 09:50:17 AM
There are idiots in all groups. Unfortunately there were a lot more of the idiotic, and criminal, people on the other.

A march and demo with the premise of mounting a coup on the Whitehouse isn't criminal? 

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 20, 2014, 10:22:48 AM
A march and demo with the premise of mounting a coup on the Whitehouse isn't criminal?
I think, technically, unless they outright made a specific threat against a specific person it is legal and, I think, even then they must prove some ability or conspiracy or movement in reality to do it (although the President and some figures are specifically mentioned in the law so just threatening is a crime. Even then however Courts have found that political hyperbole, wishing the threat would be committed by someone else, unprompted outbursts "I'll kill you" (technically a "terroristic threat" on the law books but rarely that alone is prosecuted), etc. It is always in flux though as cases come up vs our 1st Amendment.)

Interestingly, it is not illegal for the President to be calling for a coup in other countries (and even funding the radicals or rebels there.) As we've seen in the actions in Egypt, Ukraine, Syria, Libya, etc. But, man, if you are a leader of another country and suggest same to the US or UK look out for sanctions and drones.

b_dubb

Quick Karl I think everyone would have a better time of things if you stuck to discussing issues instead of attacking the same forum members over and over again.  It's really kind of sad.

Quick Karl

Quote from: b_dubb on June 20, 2014, 12:14:48 PM
Quick Karl I think everyone would have a better time of things if you stuck to discussing issues instead of attacking the same forum members over and over again.  It's really kind of sad.

Does that apply to the people that keep attacking me, or just applies to me?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 20, 2014, 12:32:41 PM
Does that apply to the people that keep attacking me, or just applies to me?
I'd think you'd be surprised.  It seems every thread with you devolves into some form of derision or generalization that results in the scathing bath of insults you so richly deserve.
No kidding, stop with the smug and superior and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

b_dubb

QK it applies to you.  And everyone else.  In the event that you get attacked I would recommend that you rise above the attack.  That's the only way to break the cycle of butt hurt.