• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Podcast

Started by astroguy, January 04, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

astroguy

I remember skimming an article about that, but it's very far from what I do, so I can't really comment.  It's like asking a people-doctor who does dental work to comment on the latest jellyfish dissection. :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on July 11, 2014, 02:52:00 PM
I remember skimming an article about that, but it's very far from what I do, so I can't really comment.  It's like asking a people-doctor who does dental work to comment on the latest jellyfish dissection. :)

Pah!! Bara and Hoagland would know (Aliens/ moon bases/ Apartments on Mars etc). Call yourself a real scientist?  ;D

astroguy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 12, 2014, 01:11:52 AM
Pah!! Bara and Hoagland would know (Aliens/ moon bases/ Apartments on Mars etc). Call yourself a real scientist?  ;D

Yes, yes I do. ;)

In fact, I'm wearing a t-shirt that says so today! "Back off, man, I'm a scientist."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on July 12, 2014, 11:30:41 AM
Yes, yes I do. ;)

In fact, I'm wearing a t-shirt that says so today! "Back off, man, I'm a scientist."

ROFL!!

How do you know you're talking to a pilot at a party? They'll tell you.  :)

eddie dean

I'm several months behind and need to catch up.
Thanks for the work you do to put these episodes together Astro!
The show prep you do for the topics you discuss, along with the written transcripts that are provided for each episode, are no doubt time consuming, but the listeners really do appreciate it!

astroguy

Quote from: eddie dean on December 12, 2014, 09:32:47 PM
I'm several months behind and need to catch up.
Thanks for the work you do to put these episodes together Astro!
The show prep you do for the topics you discuss, along with the written transcripts that are provided for each episode, are no doubt time consuming, but the listeners really do appreciate it!
Thanks!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on December 17, 2014, 12:48:45 AM
Conspiracies of
Comet 67P ...
Few, but they are weird.
Episode 122, "Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko and Rosetta Conspiracies," has been posted.

I've been remiss and not kept up Stuart. Good one on the Rosetta mission though; incidentally YT has some 'strange' conspiracies connected to it; including the 'fact' the Earth is concave. Yes. Concave. Though how it has anything to do with NASA <sic> faking this mission.

astroguy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 30, 2014, 10:06:42 AM
I've been remiss and not kept up Stuart. Good one on the Rosetta mission though; incidentally YT has some 'strange' conspiracies connected to it; including the 'fact' the Earth is concave. Yes. Concave. Though how it has anything to do with NASA <sic> faking this mission.

Keying in on your last sentence (I'm ignoring the first one because there's just nothing to say about it), I'm amazed at the general ignorance of the conspiracy people (who insist they know MORE than other people) when they keep claiming that all of these missions are done by NASA.

Yorkshire pud

Just had the link e mailed Stuart...I will listen tmw. Looks as if it will be interesting.  :)

astroguy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 01, 2015, 03:49:02 PM
Just had the link e mailed Stuart...I will listen tmw. Looks as if it will be interesting.  :)
I thought it was.  I learned a lot doing the interview, and I think it's probably one of the most conversation-like interviews I've done (probably because I know Karen personally and we see each other at parties).

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on January 01, 2015, 03:50:15 PM
I thought it was.  I learned a lot doing the interview, and I think it's probably one of the most conversation-like interviews I've done (probably because I know Karen personally and we see each other at parties).

Yes; always good if you have a natural rapport in the first place.

Yorkshire pud

Very interesting debate Stuart; is Karen the only Australian in the world who doesn't speak with a question inflection at the end of every sentence?  ;D

astroguy

Well, she's lived in America for many years.

astroguy

Black holes: Are these dense,
Massive objects for realz, or
Are they just Sci Fi?

Episode 125, "The Big Bang Conspiracy," has been posted.

astroguy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 16, 2015, 02:04:40 PM
Hey, Stuart; have you seen this? Looks quite interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31491805

Just saw it an hour ago, actually.  Was contemplating posting to Twitter about it with a query about maybe Trelane paying a visit to Mars.

Quote from: astroguy on February 02, 2015, 12:36:44 AM
Black holes: Are these dense,
Massive objects for realz, or
Are they just Sci Fi?

Episode 125, "The Big Bang Conspiracy," has been posted.

I still contend a blackhole can never be fully formed, and will always be suspended on the precipice of its creation.

Yorkshire pud

I'm looking forward to the next two episodes on t his one Stuart. You're the master of understatement!  :)

MV/Liberace!

I think this is probably one of the best podcasts on this forum.  I can tell a lot of work goes into an episode. 

Having said that, it seems like you are reading from a script during the show, and I think I'd enjoy the show even more if you just freely spoke around bullet points.