• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

First World Problems

Started by jazmunda, December 18, 2014, 01:32:06 AM

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on March 24, 2015, 11:20:00 PM
Ughh. I used to love self check. It's great for human avoidance as well as a quick getaway with the essentials if you suddenly need to abandon cart due your toddler screaming because they didn't get the only police car cart, and they saw another happy kid happily pretending to steer it through the isles.

My last experience not so good. I bring my own bag, I hit the " I brought my own bag" button and proceed as usual.   But, waaait! I am 3 items over what I can fit in my stuffed to the brim 2 large shopping bags I brought with me.
And I realize the horror,  plastic bags are banned, and paper bags cost 10 cents.  I can't just grab one. I have to ask for assistance if I want an extra bag. This is why I use self check, I can't fucking talk to people! Are you JOKING Me??!?

also I can no longer buy my wine in self check.  This blows the most balls of all.
Wow that's like a FWP Trifecta or something.

Heather Wade

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on March 24, 2015, 11:20:00 PM
Ughh. I used to love self check. It's great for human avoidance as well as a quick getaway with the essentials if you suddenly need to abandon cart due your toddler screaming because they didn't get the only police car cart, and they saw another happy kid happily pretending to steer it through the isles.

My last experience not so good. I bring my own bag, I hit the " I brought my own bag" button and proceed as usual.   But, waaait! I am 3 items over what I can fit in my stuffed to the brim 2 large shopping bags I brought with me.
And I realize the horror,  plastic bags are banned, and paper bags cost 10 cents.  I can't just grab one. I have to ask for assistance if I want an extra bag. This is why I use self check, I can't fucking talk to people! Are you JOKING Me??!?

also I can no longer buy my wine in self check.  This blows the most balls of all.

You win again.  Happy pancakes & bacon coming up with a purple flower on top.

Heather Wade

Tall salsa jars.  Has no one thought this through? 

cweb

I don't know what bar I want to go to.

onan

I had my eyes dilated and now the sun is too bright.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2015, 06:59:47 PM

I will tell you this, going over this Contract stuff will give you headaches and tire you out a lot more then doing a show which is fun.

Art

albrecht

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 04, 2015, 08:03:46 PM
:P
I tried to reply to it and got a "message doesn't exist or you are not authorized" small banner :o

wr250

fortuneless fortune cookies .
<chinese accent>you do not get fortune, no fortune for you</chinese accent>

Press play on an Art Bell stream, George Noory comes on :'(

Heather Wade

Quote from: wr250 on April 19, 2015, 09:35:43 AM
fortuneless fortune cookies .
<chinese accent>you do not get fortune, no fortune for you</chinese accent>

I hope you gave him 10 cents and demanded another one.  That shit isn't right.

Juan

Univision is airing a show on transgenderos and I can't find the remote to change the channel.

twiki

I feel betrayed because a Facebook friend took a link I sent in a message and made it his status. Those should be *my* likes!

bateman

Using the Seamless app because the laptop is too far away.

Hate it when one of my earbuds stops working.  I've tried cheap kinds and expensive kinds, eventually one side always cuts out, usually right in the middle of a good song :-\

cweb

It's three degrees too warm in my office.

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 19, 2015, 10:45:59 PM
Hate it when one of my earbuds stops working.  I've tried cheap kinds and expensive kinds, eventually one side always cuts out, usually right in the middle of a good song :-\
One thing that works for me is I try to strain relief the wire right before it splits to left/right-- so that there's a little more "slack" between the headphone portion and the middle wire when I'm doing active stuff. The first failure point is usually where the wire goes into the headphone portion. Through wear, the wire can fray or the solder joint can break.

On more expensive headphones, you can repair this. On cheaper ones, it's probably not worth it!  :D

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on March 07, 2015, 04:41:35 PM
That metal bit on the seat belt is a weapon of my ass destruction during summer.
Fixed

cosmic hobo

I just had a coffee with soy milk. It has to be one of the worst decisions I've ever made.

albrecht

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 19, 2015, 10:45:59 PM
Yep. You would be surprised how many ear buds I have modified in a attempt to keep working. Even though they are so cheap, when you want to hear stuff they go bad and so I resort to ducttape, toothpicks, etc. IF they made a pair that really could last I would invest more $ in a good pair. But so far as I can tell, even the "expensive one" will still suffer when you snag the cord on a tree limb or door handle and "connection" to input into phone/device being jostled in your pants pocket will go bad. So I buy the cheapest in bulk now when I come across them!

aldousburbank

Quote from: cosmic hobo on April 20, 2015, 07:13:02 PM
I just had a coffee with soy milk. It has to be one of the worst decisions I've ever made.
Dude, that's one coffee you can never get back.  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: cosmic hobo on April 20, 2015, 07:13:02 PM
Milk comes from mammals, this claim about Soy "milk", Almond "milk" and the other awful "milk" products should be banned or at least not called "milk."

b_dubb

I had an italian deli sub sandwhich for dinner and have minor heartburn

Yeah same here albrecht, $10 earbuds ftw!

Daggit

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2015, 07:36:42 PM
Milk comes from mammals, this claim about Soy "milk", Almond "milk" and the other awful "milk" products should be banned or at least not called "milk."

There's no more Easter chocolate left.

0-30 volt DC power supplies that seem to go from working to dead the next time you use them.
I now have two shoe box size door stops.

eyenoeyeno

I paid a deductible  to get my phone replaced, received a refurbished s4 the next day. I used it for a day, wasted a bunch of time trying to get all the settings to my liking, and the screen stopped working.  So I call the warranty line, and they send me a brand new s5 for my trouble.  at first I think that this is great.
Now I realize the screen is too big to hold and type with one hand and the auto correct has not learned my propensity to use the word fuck,  so I keep having to hit the check button if I don't want to go back and change it from saying duck. 
so basically I feel like I paid for a duck that's too big to fondle comfortably with my little fingers.

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on April 23, 2015, 09:07:29 AM
I paid a deductible  to get my phone replaced, received a refurbished s4 the next day. I used it for a day, wasted a bunch of time trying to get all the settings to my liking, and the screen stopped working.  So I call the warranty line, and they send me a brand new s5 for my trouble.  at first I think that this is great.
Now I realize the screen is too big to hold and type with one hand and the auto correct has not learned my propensity to use the word fuck,  so I keep having to hit the check button if I don't want to go back and change it from saying duck. 
so basically I feel like I paid for a duck that's too big to fondle comfortably with my little fingers.
That's ducked up.

Been having trouble with iTunes.  Latest thing is that now the play counts for every tune in my library have stopped updating :-/

Having to deal with the medical system. Even if you have good insurance it's a bitch.